PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting OTP error? (error 659)

IronKrone
Sep 23, 2015, 05:49 AM
Exactly what the title says.

Today and yesterday, around 7-8 pm JST, I keep getting the OTP error. I'm wondering if this is universal for all OTP users or if it's happening because I'm using SecureOTP and not SecureOTP2. (Never had problems with the former so I didn't bother to switch.)

I also recalled that this happened for several days around the same time a couple weeks ago. :/

Nyansan
Sep 23, 2015, 05:51 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=6970

Apparently, there is an OTP issue (again).

Asuka~
Sep 23, 2015, 05:52 AM
Myself and a friend of mine have been getting issues with it, yeah.

Infinity Series
Sep 23, 2015, 05:53 AM
Yeah, OTP error again today.

And the worst part is i cant even log in into pso2 website to remove it.

Its always give me network error message.

final_attack
Sep 23, 2015, 06:30 AM
Vita isn't affected, apparently.

JP friend changed to Vita once they fell from PC version.

Now almost everyone in the mpa atm is Vita players o-o

aloola
Sep 23, 2015, 06:35 AM
cannot login too, damn OTP
playing pso2es for now :(

Icefrenzy
Sep 23, 2015, 06:41 AM
Nooooooo! orz there goes all the excubes

Dia79
Sep 23, 2015, 08:19 AM
same issue here ....yesterday i did a reboot on my pc and everything went back normal but today nothing seems to happen rebooting or even turning off/on pc and dsl modem ...psvita logs me in just fine and so is pso2es......i didnt check twitter or jp information site but i hope someone from sega is aware of this freaking problem...

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 23, 2015, 08:24 AM
same issue here ....yesterday i did a reboot on my pc and everything went back normal but today nothing seems to happen rebooting or even turning off/on pc and dsl modem ...psvita logs me in just fine and so is pso2es......i didnt check twitter or jp information site but i hope someone from sega is aware of this freaking problem...

Nyansan posted the link from PSO2 news for the issue. Might be fixed in a few hours.

But yeah, I know the feeling, I've missed 2 EQs today because of the issue.

Dia79
Sep 23, 2015, 08:36 AM
Nyansan posted the link from PSO2 news for the issue. Might be fixed in a few hours.

But yeah, I know the feeling, I've missed 2 EQs today because of the issue.

well mostly it sux cuz this happened already in the past days so....

HeartBreak301
Sep 23, 2015, 09:19 AM
Seems to be fixed now.

Asuka~
Sep 23, 2015, 09:41 AM
All good for me as well.

Orangemelon
Sep 23, 2015, 09:42 AM
Still not working for me. But 659 turned into 698.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 09:49 AM
OTP got rip again just now. I hit return to title instead of change ship and 659

Infinity Series
Sep 25, 2015, 09:56 AM
OTP got rip again just now. I hit return to title instead of change ship and 659

Good grief.

I shouldn't logout for another hours then..

isCasted
Sep 25, 2015, 10:07 AM
So, when are we getting compensation for all of this?

I expect no less than 50 triboosts.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 10:10 AM
As I read it here
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7001

Compensations are: 1 day Premium ticket (!!!), 3 tri100, 1 grind success 100% and 1 makeover pass.

I think there's more, like the 3 triboosts they gave away after this maintenance, and possibly more tris.

Also, they modified the OTP campaigns for these errors for a later date

ZerotakerZX
Sep 25, 2015, 10:16 AM
As I read it here
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7001

Compensations are: 1 day Premium ticket (!!!), 3 tri100, 1 grind success 100% and 1 makeover pass.

I think there's more, like the 3 triboosts they gave away after this maintenance, and possibly more tris.

Also, they modified the OTP campaigns for these errors for a later date

Sounds sweet. To receive those all you need is having your OTP activated for some time and wait till next maitanance, right?
PS Can't log in right now.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 10:24 AM
The condition is been had OTP set on September 22 at 17:50JP, so if you haven't cancelled OTP before the issues began, you'll qualify, or so it says.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 25, 2015, 10:32 AM
The condition is been had OTP set on September 22 at 17:50JP, so if you haven't cancelled OTP before the issues began, you'll qualify, or so it says.
Thanks for the clarfification. It's been set for months now, so I'm safe.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 10:39 AM
i doubt they will give premium tickets to people who didn't have premium active when the issues were around, if they did that'd be the first time ever

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 10:47 AM
atm im getting eror 659 again ....is anyone else?

isCasted
Sep 25, 2015, 10:47 AM
i doubt they will give premium tickets to people who didn't have premium active when the issues were around, if they did that'd be the first time ever

What's left is not good enough of a compensation for frustrations caused by missing Magatsu and Gryphon along with other stuff. Everyone suffered from it, and 3 triboosts and a 100% grind can not possibly pay for the damage.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 25, 2015, 10:51 AM
What's left is not good enough of a compensation for frustrations caused by missing Magatsu and Gryphon along with other stuff. Everyone suffered from it, and 3 triboosts and a 100% grind can not possibly pay for the damage.
You just being overdramatic here. :-?

Someone mentioned that happened in the previos OTP-issue thread.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 10:59 AM
Someone mentioned that happened in the previos OTP-issue thread.

i have OTP ever since it had the OTP storage and i never got any premium ticket, although there are times when i dont log on for a month or so

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 11:00 AM

i totally agree about the frustration ,not much related about magatsu and kuron eq ...i know its really bad when these issues comes and you lose a good eq but im concerned about not being able to play when i have time to ....like Im right now..:(:(:(
and this can't be solved with a bunch of triboosters ...

ZerotakerZX
Sep 25, 2015, 11:10 AM
i totally agree about the frustration ,not much related about magatsu and kuron eq ...i know its really bad when these issues comes and you lose a good eq but im concerned about not being able to play when i have time to ....like Im right now..:(:(:(
and this can't be solved with a bunch of triboosters ...
Go and disable OTP via their website.

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 11:15 AM
Go and disable OTP via their website.

not gonna disbale anything the only thing that they could do is get another OTP partner ...thats mostly what ppl is telling to sega on their OTP tiwtter thread and that could be a good solution for the future :-?

TheszNuts
Sep 25, 2015, 11:17 AM
Or maybe not log out for the night before?

[Ayumi]
Sep 25, 2015, 11:25 AM
OTP now not working for me. This is BS.

EDIT: Oh good. I can't ****ing disable it due to ****ing traffic.
EDIT2: **** this shit.

LunaSolstice
Sep 25, 2015, 12:08 PM
Can't log in either lol

Oh well,guess its time to farm in PSO2es instead.

Though one day of premium would be nice just so I can fill up the premium space with fodder that I probably won't use till the next boost week lol. Grind Success 100% is always welcomed.

[Ayumi]
Sep 25, 2015, 12:12 PM
Well seeing aas this problem been going on for a few days it seems (only happened to me today though) and I haven't got no premium ticket, I doubt that will show up.

I rather a Gal Weapon as that's what I'm missing out on this half hour.

Shady3011
Sep 25, 2015, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first time in a long time that they are giving 1 Day Premium Tickets as compensation.

Rain Walker
Sep 25, 2015, 01:08 PM
omg just when i want to get my dailies ;w;

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 01:13 PM
omg just when i want to get my dailies ;w;

Yeah, my feels go out to you also. Welp, time to do them tomorrow morning when I wake up by the looks of things. . .

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 01:37 PM
Welp, seems SEGA would have some kind of huge compensation out of this one. 4 hours already passed and still no login.

And about the premium ticket stuff, that's one of the 4 items listed there, and there isn't some kind of condition behind it, although ultimately it's up to them if they'll add those compensations or not, but it doesn't seem to suggest otherwise unless I misread something.

Shady3011
Sep 25, 2015, 01:53 PM
I've never seen them take away items from these lists. It's safe to assume this is final other than them possibly adding more. I'm just surprised there is a 1 Day Premium Ticket in that list as even when we had random emergency maintenance happen they still haven't handed those out recently.

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 01:59 PM
The player news page was updated again. http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7003

Seems like it's gonna take some more time. ;w;

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 02:05 PM
i still remember when they fucked over people's hdds and gave no compensation unless you personally reported to them that you were affected, good times :wacko: i bet some people still are waking up to missing files but now it's way too late :wacko:

spincast
Sep 25, 2015, 02:05 PM
rats, yea got that darn error too, oh well waiting game i guess, darn bummer that it happened on a friday afternoon after work hours darn it

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 02:20 PM
The player news page was updated again. http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7003

Seems like it's gonna take some more time. ;w;

Apparently the OTP service provider is super rip _(:3

Guess I won't be logging in for some other hours until it's morning in JP at least

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 02:23 PM
Apparently the OTP service provider is super rip _(:3

Guess I won't be logging in for some other hours until it's morning in JP at least

Yeah... I'm just gonna sleep early tonight. uwu

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 04:34 PM
wow 6 hours and they still didnt fix this .....

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 25, 2015, 04:38 PM
wow 6 hours and they still didnt fix this .....

It's not SEGA's fault. Apparently, reading JP twitter, the provider of OTP (Third Networks) got DDoS and so, there's nothing anyone can do atm

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 04:44 PM
It's not SEGA's fault. Apparently, reading JP twitter, the provider of OTP (Third Networks) got DDoS and so, there's nothing anyone can do atm

holy f....im scared that this thing will take a lot of time ....:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Maenara
Sep 25, 2015, 04:52 PM
Weird, getting it also. First time I've ever had issues with the OTP service. Gross.

Anon_Fire
Sep 25, 2015, 05:34 PM

Why would anyone wanna DDoS a OTP Service?

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 05:34 PM
holy f....im scared that this thing will take a lot of time ....:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Yeah... I don't know what else to say...

LunaSolstice
Sep 25, 2015, 05:56 PM
Logged in fine just now.

Shady3011
Sep 25, 2015, 05:56 PM
Why would anyone wanna DDoS a OTP Service?

You'd be surprised how petty some people are to do things like this.

Dia79
Sep 25, 2015, 06:14 PM
i would say focking finally we can log in w :P

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 06:18 PM
i would say focking finally we can log in w :P

I don't understand. You can login now or what?

Rain Walker
Sep 25, 2015, 06:39 PM
I don't understand. You can login now or what?

You can log in normally now hail ingrish :wacko:

Asuka~
Sep 25, 2015, 06:42 PM
You can log in normally now hail ingrish :wacko:

Thank you so much. Take my Meseta please.