PDA

View Full Version : Only PSO-w can help!

dablacksephiroth
Sep 24, 2015, 05:05 PM
Hiya! I'm pretty mad I got cheated once again on my last salon pass for a while. First, Sol Badguy. Now, my attempt at Nep in Purple Heart. Granted, on each time, I have dared to use a race that would be a bit more challenging to perfect the mimic. (Cast for Sol, Deuman for Nep)

TL;DR - I wasted my first 3 hours trying to mimic the Nep in the PSO2 9/24 trailer. It still failed. In 25 days when I get my next freemium salon pass, I will try again. For the moment I have question(s).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi60.tinypic.com/14mtlra.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I really hate when exiting salon, your results suddenly greatly vary from your efforts. You can tell I'm deuman by the missing eye-socket indentures on the face-mask that deuman possess as if they have no bones and are just hallow shells.

Anyway..

1.) I used a random thin eyebrow, and I know it's not accurate. NONE that I own match the trailer's, so I've come to the EXPERTS that is PSO-w. I've seen you guys create NPC's. Katori being whom most stood out when I was planning to make my own once. Soooo... really, WHAT Eyebrows are they using in this trailer? (It's in the picture above.)

2.) The AC banner at pso2.jp's model uses unfamiliar eyes to me too. Do you feel they are the same as the one's used in the trailer (above)? Or is the trailer version and Banner version both different? What eyes would these both be?

3.) My eyes are max horizontal. Why aren't they as large as the trailer's in-game versus my in-game? Actually... never mind this question. (My backspace key is broken.)

Please don't move me! I get so lost browsing this forum as is. I'd just like some assistance.

Thank you for responses!

TheszNuts
Sep 24, 2015, 05:19 PM
I was under the impression they used a human for the trailer.

The Walrus
Sep 24, 2015, 05:26 PM
I think they knows since they mentioned using a different race to make it more difficult

KazukiQZ
Sep 24, 2015, 05:53 PM
The yellowish skin seems to be only available for Human and Newman (don't remember if Cast have it or not). Meanwhile, Deuman has red-blue skintone with abit normal skintone on the middle.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 06:26 PM
Where is that skin tone you used on your dewman? I want to see the color picker.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 24, 2015, 07:40 PM
Where is that skin tone you used on your dewman? I want to see the color picker.

Sorry for lateness.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi57.tinypic.com/1zvs5g1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Sep 24, 2015, 11:56 PM
My expert eye sees no difference between yours and the one in the trailer :wacko:

And, since it's not a character they have designed, I would base my "cosplay" in actual Neptunia material, not in what Sega made for the trailer.

Kayarine
Sep 25, 2015, 01:57 AM
The most noticeable difference is the nose's width. Look closely at the bottom of the nose. Your version has a triangle shape, the trailer's is a flat line.

The other difference, which is a little more subtle, is the overall face shape. I think it's a little too long. The jaw/cheeks (not chin) are, by extension, a little thinner than in the trailer, but maybe just making the face a bit shorter would fix it.

As for the eyebrows, I think it's either one of the default eyebrows or ストレートまゆ. It's a little difficult to tell because of the bangs partially covering it.

About the eye, I believe the eye is the same as in the trailer. The banner just has a lot more lighting on it because of the space room theme (as seen in the background.)

Also as a tip for character cloning to avoid wasting este passes, try making an alt account and make dummy characters to test stuff out in the actual lobby. Salon can be misleading due to different pose, as you already figured out. You won't have all the fancy hair and outfit, but it can help with ironing out big differences on the face.
Of course it won't help much with the body due to lack of outfit... So I still blew all my este passes on trying to fix body proportions. :(

dablacksephiroth
Sep 25, 2015, 04:13 AM
Here's the other close-up angles if you don't have access to HD YouTube. I'm sorry this is as sharp as I could capture the image on pause. lol

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ur9icj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now do they look more familiar? I've been up and down cirnopedia. Feels like some things are missing.

Well in any case, even if these were the final replies, thanks again all for your viewings and contributions to my... um... weird cause. lol

Kayarine
Sep 25, 2015, 05:19 AM
Oh, that's definitely not the eyebrow I mentioned. I'm thinking it might be the default eyebrow that's at the bottom of the list, but I can't remember how it looks very well from the top of my head.

No eyebrow tickets look that thin AFAIK, besides the straight eyebrows but they're not the right angle.

landman
Sep 25, 2015, 06:41 AM
There was a very thin eyebrow in the Guilty Gear scratch, and I doubt the cirno has been updated with them yet.

細山なりまゆ
Finely Arched Eyebrows
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Finely-Arched-Eyebrows.jpg

wefwq
Sep 25, 2015, 09:03 AM
Don't worry, it'll look different again once they deliver the new shaders for PC.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 25, 2015, 12:22 PM
Oh, that's definitely not the eyebrow I mentioned. I'm thinking it might be the default eyebrow that's at the bottom of the list, but I can't remember how it looks very well from the top of my head.

That's type P. It's the slimmest of the default eyebrows, and doesn't arch downwards to the nose (which gives many characters the perma-pissed look, which is a problem many of the fine eyebrows have).