PDA

View Full Version : nemesis potential ?

silo1991
Sep 24, 2015, 07:50 PM
just today got out the nemesis weapons and i just wonder what is the potential of those weapons.

i just want to know if is worthy fight for them or not,

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 07:56 PM
It sucks.

+13% to Darkers. +15% to DA Aberrations.

Xaelouse
Sep 24, 2015, 07:59 PM
How is that bad on a 13*
Granted, if you already have ares or ideal and question reaching 1000 stones, then no it's not really worth it.

silo1991
Sep 24, 2015, 08:38 PM
thanks for the info ;D , now i know i will be using those wepons for grinding materials ( i got the xie launcher , but i didnt had time for farm another back then , its gonna be expensive but it can work)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 08:50 PM
How is that bad on a 13*
Granted, if you already have ares or ideal and question reaching 1000 stones, then no it's not really worth it.

It isn't bad, but like you said, if you have any one of the other decent 13*s for your weapon of choice, it isn't worth the effort.

Perfect Chaos
Sep 25, 2015, 12:29 AM
LonelyGaruga did a good job on explaining how this isn't really worth the trouble:

I ran through damage tests for all the weapon types I use and found that Nemesis is generally 1-2% stronger than Ideal depending on the weapon type, with some doing roughly the same damage. Rods and talis benefit the least (talis was the only weapon I checked that did less damage than Ideal would), while sword was actually one that benefit the most (about 1.8% more damage). This is because, although Force has tremendous base T-ATK, the damage formula techs use functionally have less ATK than striking/shooting formulas because of the lack of bonus ATK from element, which is why sword has the biggest gains out of what I checked (it has the highest ATK difference between Ideal and Nemesis in its category). Diminishing returns don't work that way in this context.

But this stuff's just math trivia, the important thing to take away is that Ideal is functionally better than Nemesis for darker bosses. The damage gain is simply not worth the effort. Might as well save Galeru stones for Austere upgrade.

And the Nemesis Rod actually gains less than 1%, according to my calculations, over Ideal when comparing their max damage.

Rakurai
Sep 25, 2015, 03:10 AM
So I guess the only advantage Nemesis has over Ideal is more damage on trash enemies?

LonelyGaruga
Sep 25, 2015, 04:01 AM
Yeah, which it barely has an advantage over Ares and Gal weapons (and which come close to Ideal on bosses as well). Pretty good for DBs and wands though.