PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me how to level quickly?

Kole
Sep 25, 2015, 01:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. So far I'm only at 47

Zorua
Sep 25, 2015, 01:53 AM
Go grab some friends and AQ

arkeido
Sep 25, 2015, 01:55 AM
VHAQ with 4 man party and emergency quest.
and don't forget to pop 75% exp booster

Spiral
Sep 25, 2015, 02:20 AM
Play on highest available difficulty. Participate in emergency quests. Particularly, elder invasion and mining base despair are seen as the fastest exp output in game.

Outside of emergencies, advanced quests (mode has a +100% exp boost on it all the time, along with several other factors due to mode such as high corruption rates for more experience) are said to be effective particularly with max risk and a group. Since 40+, should be able to access the above. With a full party and not wasting time and stuff, outdoes experience gain rate of many emergency quests.
Alternatively, if really want to simply follow a group of others there is the "level-up quest," not exactly sure how effective it is but assuming if like the previous ones can simply follow group and help out by attacking thus low effort.

Also, remember to use 75% experience boosters which should be obtainable. (Trade one photon sphere for one booster at photon sphere shop, or buy from other players - should be <20,000 each) If outside of reach, can use 50% experience boosters instead (maybe ~12,000 each on player shops?)
In case have many +50% or +100% triboosts through matterboards or other places and want to level faster, recall that triboosts also stack with experience boosters. Both of which are further affected by party experience bonus. (If not alone in party +10% exp, then add +10% exp for each player in party, and +5% for each npc in party - so +40% exp if full party)

Plus, adding timed abilities (search up crafters for specific ones you want) can give an additional exp boost for an area you plan to be in for a while.

If just began, older acceptable equipment guide might help you level faster by proxy of being better geared and dealing more damage/worrying about death less.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227342

Hopefully that helps a little. But short answer as posted would be go for AQ's. Good luck!

Hysteria1987
Sep 25, 2015, 02:23 AM
If you're in a team, go for the team boosts, too. The attack one is enormously powerful, which is sure to make the runs go quicker- or you could go a more direct route and use the tree's exp boost.

TaigaUC
Sep 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
You'll want to get to 50 ASAP, then 55 for Despair.
Most SH EQs cap at 70, and there's an EXP gain penalty if you're more than 15 levels lower (ie. you're 54, enemy is 70, you get penalized).
For this reason, VH is likely still more EXP until level 55.

40 to 45 is usually easily obtained by turning in a week of Kresshida and Franca orders.
46 - 50, I recommend spamming EQs like Falz Arms. Preferably in a party, for the party EXP bonus.
Always bring Friend Partners with you if you're soloing, AFAIK they give a party EXP bonus too.

Daily Orders that require 99 items tend to return 60-100k meseta, and tend to give 60-100k EXP.
If you can afford them, you should do these whenever you can.
There are a few others (Wolgarda, Cycloneda) that only requre 8-12 items but give about 20 - 30k EXP.

EQs that give a lot of EXP:
- Falz Arms, Apos Dorios (this relies on the multi being strong)
- The mothership EQ (schedule only) and the Sea Lab EQ, because everything's boosted in these (more exp) and they have guaranteed spawns.
- TD: Despair, but most of the EXP comes from the last few waves. The multi also needs to be good enough to clear all enemies and not time out.
- Any of the other EQs with all boosted enemies (Beach, City), but they rely on good spawns (ie. PSE Burst).

I hear AQ is good now. I haven't had good experiences with it myself.
When you do AQ, you'll want to aim for as many Bursts as possible.

Oh, and always use +75% EXP tickets. If you can't afford them, use +50%. Those should be very cheap.

Kole
Sep 25, 2015, 09:05 AM
Where do I get those 50% exp coupons? (also assuming you mean get the 75%s from the photon exchange shop, which I still can't find)

Infinity Series
Sep 25, 2015, 09:33 AM
Where do I get those 50% exp coupons? (also assuming you mean get the 75%s from the photon exchange shop, which I still can't find)

You can buy 50% exp boost for currently 5k meseta cheapest(ship 2).

75% exp cost you about 20k meseta.

Photon exchange located on shopping area 2nd floor, you can also open your map (press N if you havent change it) if you're having trouble to find it. It cost you 1 photon sphere for 1 75% exp boost ticket.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 25, 2015, 12:04 PM
Use 50% triboosts too. SEGA gives them out often enough. Save 100s for hunting rares or w/e.

TaigaUC
Sep 25, 2015, 03:48 PM
Also, unlock as many orders as you can, then pick up all relevant ones when you do quests, etc.
At some point, you'll want to start turning orders in as your sub + a third class that you want to level.
This is because your main will be getting EXP anyway.

If your sub level is so low that the order EXP reward amount is penalized too much, then just turn it in as main/sub.
Some orders don't care about level, and will reward maximum EXP.
Or they have very low level requirements before any penalty.
Examples include Coffee's orders, Raveil's TD orders, Kresshida's stone orders.
You should use those to level your sub + third class.
However, don't use them for levels 1-20. Preferably use them for 20-40.
For 1-20, you can just spam Falz Arms/Apos Dorios on normal to get those levels very quickly.
If you don't mind waiting a week each time, you can basically get from 30 to 40 or 40 to 45 via Franca+Kresshida's orders, but only if you have all areas unlocked.

For Arms/Apos/Magatsu, if you're lazy and don't want to deal with shitty multis, you can just do one run on normal, and then wait for phase 2.
Complete phase 2 at your preferred difficulty level for some quick and easy EXP.
It's faster and less stressful. The gain is less than actually doing Arms/Apos/Magatsu, of course.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 03:51 PM
VHAQs at +50 risk are really ridiculous when it comes exp gain, even when you solo you could get up to 200k per run ignoring the potential tagami mikazuchi and infected rare bosses

GabeLogan
Sep 26, 2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah AQ with 4 person is a good way to lvl up

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 26, 2015, 07:53 PM
So VHAQ on vita block just straight up trumps SHAQ even if you're at level for no exp penalty on +50 SHAQ?

Charmeleon
Sep 26, 2015, 08:08 PM
Yeah, because you can kill the enemies much faster.

TaigaUC
Sep 27, 2015, 02:58 AM
Is there a recommended AQ for levelling up?

milranduil
Sep 27, 2015, 03:10 AM
city.

TaigaUC
Sep 27, 2015, 03:12 AM
Thanks. Last one I did was Beach for BHS, and some enemies like the Ludan Sorcerer felt like a waste of time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 27, 2015, 03:23 AM
I found forest pretty godly. The worst you'd have to deal with in bursts are gorangos in A2, and they're not even a big deal, nor are they everywhere. Everything else dies to something as simple as ER spam very quickly.

LunaSolstice
Sep 27, 2015, 03:54 PM
For post 70,if force or techer then just bring a ice build and spam Nab UQ with MPAs lol

Or T-atk Bouncer with jet boots could do the same too.

The exp is nice and the rewards are too.

Of course other classes could level this way with a Freeze IV or V ice weapon weapon,but its easier to freeze mobs and bosses with crafted techs for the MPA to melt faster.

Flaoc
Sep 27, 2015, 04:36 PM
city exit bursting

/thread

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2015, 02:27 AM
UQ gives decent EXP now?

LunaSolstice
Sep 28, 2015, 02:39 AM
I join Nab UQ MPAs in a solo party with a 75% boost and some of the mobs give over 1k exp.

isCasted
Sep 28, 2015, 08:03 AM
I join Nab UQ MPAs in a solo party with a 75% boost and some of the mobs give over 1k exp.

It's always been that way. That's how much EXP you get for killing a mob that was infected. EXP from regular mobs is still pretty bad.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2015, 08:07 AM
Last time I did Nab UQ, it felt like the mobs gave less than 200 exp each.
Maybe they did change it?

@isCasted
Oh, so it's the infection. Okay.

milranduil
Sep 28, 2015, 08:08 AM
It's still just less than 200exp if solo. The infections grant a lot of exp in UQ than they do elsewhere.

.Jack
Sep 30, 2015, 03:23 AM
Is there a recommended AQ for levelling up?

IIRC rainbows increase burst chance so city or ruins both have them AFAIK. I would personally prefer ruins over city dagachas > teleporting w/e roaches they are called are easier to kill. For soloing FC is best IMO having a dark tree fo/te spamming Illmegid as it kills everything in one or two hits makes it the fastest AQ to clear over all.

Also VH is best over SH on any AQ for EXP since it's quicker to clear unless you're after the high stones.

jooozek
Sep 30, 2015, 03:30 AM
every weather change boosts PSE rate, not just rainbows