PDA

View Full Version : Would you run an EQ in b20...

AsuravonD
Sep 27, 2015, 03:45 PM
Basically, would you run an EQ in b20 if it was the only PC XH block available?

sparab
Sep 27, 2015, 03:52 PM
B20 has lowered drop rate, that's why most people don't run eq in there

TehCubey
Sep 27, 2015, 03:55 PM
I thought b20 was supposed to be dead.

Anduril
Sep 27, 2015, 03:58 PM
Unless the regular space was near full, no, since that would mean I probably wouldn't end up getting into a full MPA for the EQ, same as with any other block that isn't near full.

saraishadow
Sep 27, 2015, 04:00 PM
kinda sad how it still has that stigma to it, even though it's basically been dead for quite a while

LunaSolstice
Sep 27, 2015, 04:02 PM
No,because Vita blocks exist lol

Flaoc
Sep 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
do not really see the big deal since its dead now and is just another block. only thing is people still skip over it like it is cancer

(actual cancer these days is b1 and its been that way for a long time)

kuromechan
Sep 27, 2015, 05:05 PM
B20 has lowered drop rate, that's why most people don't run eq in there

Not really

jooozek
Sep 27, 2015, 05:18 PM
one of the seven PSO2 mysteries - the b20 stigma!!11

Perfect Chaos
Sep 27, 2015, 06:04 PM
Not reallyI'm pretty sure sparab wasn't a bit serious about that. LOL (But it's the internet, so I could be wrong.)

milranduil
Sep 27, 2015, 06:05 PM
one of the seven PSO2 mysteries - the b20 stigma!!11

mystery =/= history

on-topic: no because then this shit happens
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/kqzeK/96a9d71e86.jpg
http://puu.sh/kqzhO/59879524f6.jpg
http://puu.sh/kqzcM/58347aa024.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Bellion
Sep 27, 2015, 06:14 PM
Sure.

[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/kqzcM/58347aa024.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

The comment from 3rd place
"Not a parasite, just really weak."
lol

HentaiLolicon
Sep 27, 2015, 06:22 PM
I went to b20 once and came back with infinite rage

milranduil
Sep 27, 2015, 06:34 PM
Sure.

The comment from 3rd place
"Not a parasite, just really weak."
lol

lmfao so bad

K.O. Kazjivo
Sep 27, 2015, 07:10 PM
I had to go there once for magatsu, since I did not have premium back then. Multi-parties I got in were pretty decent.

Akakomuma
Sep 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
B20 was replaced by B01 if I recall. No one goes to B20 anymore.

wefwq
Sep 27, 2015, 09:06 PM
It's dead town now, and shitters goes to "that certain block", by my experience the last time i played on B-020 they're not that bad anymore, just dead all the time.

GHNeko
Sep 27, 2015, 09:55 PM
>implying i would willingly go back into chernobyl

http://i.imgur.com/XglzlvKt.jpg

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2015, 11:03 PM
If you ever need to take lobby screens, its the perfect place to go.

Vampy
Sep 27, 2015, 11:27 PM
I rather avoid pc blocks at this point sure the rate of success leans towards pc more, but I've noticed as of late vita bads can at least finish something like dual falz without wb in a timely manner while almost everyone on pc just goes fuck it for a run taking something longer than a minute and abandons.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2015, 02:26 AM
I've done EQ runs in B20 and they were the same as anywhere else.
I find that the Vita blocks tend to have a very high rate of suckiness.

wefwq
Sep 28, 2015, 02:31 AM
If you ever need to take lobby screens, its the perfect place to go.
CQ block during no-boost period are also works very well.

Hysteria1987
Sep 28, 2015, 02:35 AM
I can't EQ in B20, it's tradition.

Tradition.

Seriously though, the few times I end up in there, it always seems a pretty quiet, decent place now. I have a friend who plays on the Vita, and if I ever went to play some EQ with her, that's usually where the bad times happen lol. B10's not been all that crash-hot lately either.

Still, so long as I'm in a party with my friends, it doesn't really matter. I doubt blocks would matter at all if PSO2 had more 4-player stuff.

Spiral
Sep 28, 2015, 02:41 AM

This is personal experience, when there are actually enough people in b20.
Then again, never tried anything where kill times matter there.

Also never really was around when b20 = b1/whatever else happened, so just see b20 as a extreme hard block that everyone assumes people won't go to so better move to another block to run into people.
Imagine this is the case for other players that began playing after whatever happened on that block.

Then again, also tend to avoid b1 so maybe it's just the lack of experience?

GHNeko
Sep 28, 2015, 02:46 AM
I find that the Vita blocks tend to have a very high rate of suckiness.

nigga do you know how hard it is to be good on vita? especially vita-1000 that doesnt have the l2/r2 3rd party attachment vita-2000 has now?

KLMS1
Sep 28, 2015, 04:21 AM
Like we would or should care about the woes of dirty console peasants. o3o

More on topic, I've done EQs often enough in B-020 when all other XH blocks were either full to bursting or even more deserted and found nothing to complain about.

Azure Falcon
Sep 28, 2015, 04:41 AM
If every other XH block is full, sure. In that instance enough other people will be caught out that I can at least find 11 others trying to do the EQ too. B20 is fine now - the toxic waste is in B1 - it's just the legacy has meant nobody goes there because they know it'll never fill up.

It'll never happen though, I make sure to get on an hour early to park a space in a decent lobby.

Sora3100
Sep 28, 2015, 07:55 AM
nigga do you know how hard it is to be good on vita? especially vita-1000 that doesnt have the l2/r2 3rd party attachment vita-2000 has now?

How does the L2/R2 attachment even help? All it does is "comfort" your hand.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 28, 2015, 08:22 AM
B20 is fine.....on ship 10.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2015, 08:24 AM

Yeah, I know that it's a lot harder to play on Vita.
I also remember someone telling me that the Vita is mostly little kids who can't afford PCs and can't play for shit, although I don't know how true that is.

I can't imagine Vita making it difficult to notice stuff like infections and darker towers in TD3 though.
I had some awful Vita block TD3s that failed hard because they ignored those.

Morgan Fumi
Sep 28, 2015, 10:48 AM
I would if people weren't such babies and left the place so damn empty all the time.

Achelousaurus
Sep 28, 2015, 10:59 AM
Actually I thought B20 might be ok again. The scum mostly moving to B01 and all.
So not that long ago when I was stuck in the quest menu for so long I couldn't find a single Magatsu mpa with more than 2/12 on any other block, I did try that 10/12 mpa in B20.
We filled up to 12 and even had a ra.
Nonetheless the run failed and we didn't kill Magatsu. Everyone lvl 75. Some even had pot 3 13* at 60 element and 100 at on their saikis.
And they still managed to fail.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2015, 12:39 PM
AIS is one of those things that you have to research to understand how it works.
Most people don't realize which attacks do the most damage.

Or they still don't realize that certain versions have reduced damage from certain types of attacks.

SilkaN
Sep 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Nonetheless the run failed and we didn't kill Magatsu. Everyone lvl 75. Some even had pot 3 13* at 60 element and 100 at on their saikis.
And they still managed to fail.

WHAT?!? I thought perfect gear means that you are an absolute pro and never fail!!!! That you are definetely the one who carries the whole mpa and everyone following you is a scrub!

;)

GHNeko
Sep 29, 2015, 06:56 AM
How does the L2/R2 attachment even help? All it does is "comfort" your hand.

[spoiler-box]https://s.pacn.ws/1280/mn/l2r2-button-grip-cover-black-407955.2.jpg?nms025?nms025[/spoiler-box]

The L2/R2 triggers activate the back touch panels which are mappable in PSO2 Vita. So you can map at least dodge to RT to simulate default controls from PC. LT/L2 would be a button for...something.

This makes it so that Circle no longer is double mapped to "pick up" and "step"; as pressing circle when stick is neutral results in picking up, and circle when your stick is not neutral results in stepping.

Ofc this causes nonsense like you not picking up drops fast enough to keep up with MPA or when you are holding a PA and you jump, if you're not watching how you press buttons, you'll step out of the PA charge and shit like that.

Cant tell you how many times I've stepped out of Sakura-Endo because I'm trying to jump and time the PA properly on an aerial target.

Having to be careful about it inherently slows down your play as to prevent sloppy execution, which is not a problem when step isnt mapped to Circle lol.

Yeah, I know that it's a lot harder to play on Vita.
I also remember someone telling me that the Vita is mostly little kids who can't afford PCs and can't play for shit, although I don't know how true that is.

I can't imagine Vita making it difficult to notice stuff like infections and darker towers in TD3 though.
I had some awful Vita block TD3s that failed hard because they ignored those.

Vita's POV is horrible. Much worse than PCs, the character and UI take up more of the screen than on a PC with 720p resolution. As a result, you have less shit to see. Nevermind if there are render differences between PC and Vita.

When I play on Vita I really have a hard time keeping an eye on shit in the area :/

And on top of that the method of bringing up the large map is literally slower than PC, as you have to press and hold the radar for like ~60f/1sec to bring up the big map, and ofc that takes up around 75% of the screen vs much less on PC. For reference, my current PC resolution is 1366x768 lol.

I find myself having the mini-radar set to zoom out vs zoom in like I do on PC because I see so little around me in comparison to my PC. I only zoom back in on Vita when I need to monitor shit in the immediate area since bringing up the map takes so long and forces me to pull my fingers from the face buttons or analog stick; meaning I either stop moving or I stop acting. And ofc, PSO2 Vita doesnt support multitouch and acts like a capacitive screen so I have to wait til im done using a subpalette and while Im trying to bring up the map, I cant use my subpalette.

So yeah...being able to see on Vita is not really a thing.

Great Pan
Sep 29, 2015, 07:48 AM
If I've to play on B20, I'd call it day and do something else.

Chigun
Sep 30, 2015, 04:44 AM
B20 has stopped being cancerous a long time ago. That it's still avoid it is a testament to how much people disdain the kind that went there. I only resent them because they contributed to ship 2's lower population. I would rather like more people to play with overall instead of occasionally considering changing ships (which I might if not for the team I'm in now).

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 30, 2015, 05:42 AM
B20 has stopped being cancerous a long time ago. That it's still avoid it is a testament to how much people disdain the kind that went there. I only resent them because they contributed to ship 2's lower population. I would rather like more people to play with overall instead of occasionally considering changing ships (which I might if not for the team I'm in now).

Don't worry, b1 is the child of b20

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2015, 06:04 AM
And unlike B20, people cant just abandon B1. So all new players, JP and EN get a taste of what B20 was lol.

Rion__
Oct 2, 2015, 09:21 AM
If I might ask....what was with B20, exactly?

Vatallus
Oct 2, 2015, 09:28 AM
No, I won't play on b20 because b20 on my ship is always dead. We all go 21+ and pretend those are XH blocks.

Halikus
Oct 2, 2015, 10:05 AM
If I might ask....what was with B20, exactly?

Just spend 20 mins sat in front of the quest counter on the right side of the lobby and you will understand, and if you don't theres no helping you.

Zanverse
Oct 2, 2015, 10:14 AM
Tfw most of these people are just B-20 Hate Bandwagoners. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 10:37 AM
I could always tell the game put me in B20 the moment I logged in.
How? Because I could see/hear all this EN chat going on during loading.
Lots of symbol art spam, of course. Usually that one of the afro guy, watermelon and chicken.

And the topics were often stuff like, do women actually play games, accusing people of being sexist, etc.
Or abusing people over their name. Stuff like that.
You know, things I would never ever hear from anyone I actually talk to.

I still see American players occasionally boasting in random lobbies that they bombed Japan, or will bomb it again.
Such pleasant people.

So... that's why I try to avoid B20. Or Westerners in general, I guess.
Can't say or do anything in the West nowadays without people getting butthurt for the most inconceivable, illogical and unreasonable reasons.

Rion__
Oct 2, 2015, 12:21 PM
Just spend 20 mins sat in front of the quest counter on the right side of the lobby and you will understand, and if you don't theres no helping you.

Oh...that....

Thought that happened in any block before an EQ, which is why I either loaded into a Campship WAY before the EQ started or used the left side counter.

I still see American players occasionally boasting in random lobbies that they bombed Japan, or will bomb it again.
Such pleasant people.

That's just disgusting...

GHNeko
Oct 2, 2015, 05:34 PM
yeah niggas got no chill in a game they're not supposed to be playing.

and it's clear that biases against westerns will form because of the actions of few.

a new japanese buddy of mine was surprised that my team and i were going out of our way to converse as much as possible in japanese and asked us why because he thought foreigners didnt bother with shit.

not to say that this is the fault of B20/B01; but they do nothing to change that image and do everything to perpetuate it.

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 06:45 PM
It's because the annoying assholes are always the loudest and leave the strongest impressions.
One of my JP friends said that one of her RL friends avoids foreigners because she had a bad experience with them.
I can only imagine. Well, I feel the same way.

I used to moderate some Western communities in the past, and there were always these 12-16 year old assholes causing trouble on purpose.
I wasn't much older than them at the time.
For some reason, the troublemakers were always super popular.
They created elitist groups and went around abusing anyone who wasn't in their clique.
IIRC, the ringleaders were from America, United Kingdom, France and Portugal.
I tried to be reasonable in dealing with them, but anything I did was met with accusations of "fascism" and other nonsense.
And I'm someone who believes banning should only be used as a last resort.

I've learned that there's no point trying to reason with assholes who don't want to listen.
Especially kids with super huge egos, who think they know everything but know nothing.
They expect the world to revolve around them, and only them. And they come up with all sorts of BS reasons to justify their disgusting behavior.
Sadly, those are the people who tend to hang around in places like these games.
Everybody else is probably busy not being an asshole.

That's just disgusting...

Yeah, about a month ago I was idling in a random lobby for a long while. It was silent, nobody talking.
Suddenly, someone yelled, "WE BOMBED THE F**K OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY!" or something similar.
Pretty certain I've seen similar things said before, although I'm so tired right now that I can't clearly recall if it was in PSO2.
I know I've seen people saying it on WoW and other forums.

Vatallus
Oct 2, 2015, 06:50 PM
snip

I wonder if ship 9 JP players realize I'm English yet. I just do pug EQs and say nothing. Well I have occasionally said something but its usually directed at very loud mouth english players that would rather spam chat with autowords or other nonsense than actually play. Even a ghost town like ship 9 still has some people like that.

Minus the part that my guild message is in English also. Though I'll take in anyone as long as they can be mature when it is needed.

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 06:54 PM
So far, only one JP guy suspected that I was a foreigner, and started to ask, but stopped in case he was wrong (because that would be rude).
I whispered him afterwards to ask if that was what he intended to ask, and it was.

I've been organizing runs with JP friends and friends of theirs, and when I register them as friends I tell them that I'm a foreigner, and it surprises them.
Sometimes, people ask me if I'm a Japanese person living in a foreign country.

When they realize I'm a foreigner, they're always really touched that outsiders care so much about their culture and language.
But like I said, people like me keep a very low profile because we respect the locals.
So we often go completely unnoticed.
Then there are people who quietly suspect that maybe I'm not a foreigner, and am just trying to be "cool".
I could easily prove them wrong, but then it'd reveal and link my other presences on the web. I prefer to keep them separate, just in case.

I rarely tell off EN players. I think most JP people wouldn't, even if they can speak English, because it's rude and might lead to trouble.
There was a Spanish guy in Challenge 2 a month ago spamming anime quotes and abusing anyone who died.
My friend, who speaks Spanish, told him off because he couldn't stand the stupidity any longer.
The asshole didn't listen, of course. Just responded with threats and more anime quotes.

GHNeko
Oct 2, 2015, 07:28 PM
Really you should just encourage people to blacklist players like that and overtime they'll either get it or they wont and continue to be blacklisted.

Vatallus
Oct 2, 2015, 08:17 PM
snip

Ah I've only done it twice I think in the 2 years I've played. No one really talks at all in Ship 9 MPAs though, not even the Japanese. Usually just autowords. I ended up blacklisting the guy I was mentioning in my previous post because I got tired of his constant face cams and trash talking Magatsu while being dead on the ground half the run. lol

The only scary part is the guy is a manager on one of the English teams. I ended up making my own small English team. Some of us can read or talk in elementary grade Japanese though. I am not one of them.

Won't stop me from trying to do what I can in an MPA, whether I am playing a damage dealing class or need to occasionally drop buffs and heals as Force because we have no Techers. I might sound like a jackoff occasionally but I do want the best for people.

Zorua
Oct 2, 2015, 09:39 PM
Why would anyone do an EQ on block 20?

http://puu.sh/kwxac/7956ad2336.jpg

Stickboy
Oct 3, 2015, 01:59 AM
i like how they moved it into SHmode right before XH ones

DeificEpyon
Oct 3, 2015, 04:11 AM
I've played in Block 20 the few times there were some people in there and no where else to go at the time. I usually wouldn't go there though, because no one else would, because no one else would, lol. So it would often stay dead since no one went there... because no one went there, lol. It's like an endless cycle.

Block 20 always reminds me of that "haunted house" down the street that you hear stories about, and everyone just avoids like the plague.

GHNeko
Oct 3, 2015, 04:43 AM
Yeah it's mostly stigma/superstition/fear of what once was being there again.

But it's not unwarranted.

KLMS1
Oct 3, 2015, 06:55 AM
But it's not unwarranted.

Do elaborate.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 3, 2015, 04:35 PM
https://youtu.be/gVlbTdLgbxk?t=1m15s

GHNeko
Oct 3, 2015, 08:10 PM
Do elaborate.

And a less obnoxious varient of that behavior, but still obnoxious in its own right was frequent in B20.

SA Spam in public chat, the few testimonies here in this thread.

This type of stuff is a behavior no want who speaks against it wants to be associated with because we dont want to be blacklisted, or at the very worse, banned.

The saying, "Be careful of the company you keep." is very much in full effect in the western PSO2 community.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 3, 2015, 08:59 PM
And a less obnoxious varient of that behavior, but still obnoxious in its own right was frequent in B20.

SA Spam in public chat, the few testimonies here in this thread.

This type of stuff is a behavior no want who speaks against it wants to be associated with because we dont want to be blacklisted, or at the very worse, banned.

The saying, "Be careful of the company you keep." is very much in full effect in the western PSO2 community.

In short, guilt by association. It's why disowning/condemning our own is pretty common around here.

Pretty sure it has moved to B1, but I wouldn't know first hand; why the hell would I bother checking? :p

i like how they moved it into SHmode right before XH ones

Probably unintended genius.

Vatallus
Oct 3, 2015, 11:49 PM

Kill it with fire!

SolRiver
Oct 4, 2015, 01:59 AM
What actually happened to b20 anyway?

When I play a year ago, b20 is still filled with afk.

Now that I returned, it is a ghost town. I suppose that IP incident was a blessing in disguise? (wiped them out?)

(and originally it was suppose to be a block psow met... but somehow attracted million of jerks?)

but man "westerners" are loud/obnoxious... that 1st matoi song CM viewing was a good example. I suppose at the same time, Japanese crowd in public are "boring". Can only pick one.

I suppose being in JP server really is growing on me. If I am bored, I go to gaijin block to see something random (like flipping TV channel); almost always a reality TV drama playing. When I feel they are obnoxious, I can move to JP block and enjoy peace and quietness while still populated and get some game going. It is like I can get pro of both culture and avoid the con of both.

GHNeko
Oct 4, 2015, 02:09 AM
DDoS killed most of the players and those who returned opted to make B01 their new layer.

Japanese players can be obnoxious too but its effect is lessened unless you can understand then, and even then they're mostly obnoxious in their own parties/rooms/etc.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 4, 2015, 02:12 AM
B20: "50,000 people used to live here, now it's a ghost town"
Though they moved to b1 or dropped game, what they left behind is a radioactive contamination zone.

SolRiver
Oct 4, 2015, 02:13 AM
DDoS killed most of the players and those who returned opted to make B01 their new layer.

Japanese players can be obnoxious too but its effect is lessened unless you can understand then, and even then they're mostly obnoxious in their own parties/rooms/etc.

why they pick b01? I am just feeling sorry for the random new jp player that join and would go "wth is going on?" on the beginner block.

and yes, i do know japanese are louder and more obnoxious in "private" XD (and of course, a few more out spoken one don't care about being "rude" in public)

HentaiLolicon
Oct 4, 2015, 02:15 AM
I don't think that choosing B1 is such a matter, ship 2 is known as gaijin ship already

SolRiver
Oct 4, 2015, 02:17 AM
I don't think that choosing B1 is such a matter, ship 2 is known as gaijin ship already

yea, but i dont expect a totally new player to look up "oh ship 2 is gaijin ship!" no matter from what country.

but either way, nothing we can do about it... i am just curious why b01 thats all... but i probably already know the answer... they spontaneously picked it, or some lousy reason like "#1 murrica f--- yea!"

(perhaps I still had a thread of hope to hear a logically sound reason)

Azure Falcon
Oct 4, 2015, 06:13 PM
why they pick b01? I am just feeling sorry for the random new jp player that join and would go "wth is going on?" on the beginner block.

So they'd always be on the appropriate block for their skill level when EQs pop up.

GHNeko
Oct 4, 2015, 07:35 PM
So they'd always be on the appropriate block for their skill level when EQs pop up.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLayyyyyy

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 4, 2015, 07:44 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://memecrunch.com/meme/7SRG/oh-snap/image.png?w=400&c=1[/SPOILER-BOX]

LunaSolstice
Oct 4, 2015, 09:57 PM
Once upon a time, a man went to B20 and he vanished,no one ever heard from him since then and no one knows what happened.

wefwq
Oct 4, 2015, 10:23 PM
wow
o
w

Shots fired

It's just for the best, making a block as quarantine containment rather than having them spread all over the ship.

SolRiver
Oct 5, 2015, 01:07 AM

Hoho! I definitely lol on that one.

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2015, 01:21 AM

give this man a medal

ArcaneTechs
Oct 5, 2015, 03:05 AM
Tonights Kuron EQ supports this well....and every Magatsu

Rion__
Oct 5, 2015, 09:15 AM
I wonder if ship 9 JP players realize I'm English yet. I just do pug EQs and say nothing. Well I have occasionally said something but its usually directed at very loud mouth english players that would rather spam chat with autowords or other nonsense than actually play. Even a ghost town like ship 9 still has some people like that.

Minus the part that my guild message is in English also. Though I'll take in anyone as long as they can be mature when it is needed.

I'm really looking forward to the day where I can actually advance my Japanese enough to be nearly indistinguishable, save for my characters' names being written in English.

Darned kanji, though. Argh.

Noblewine
Oct 5, 2015, 11:18 PM
Give me money first and then I'll give you an answer. =0

AsuravonD
Oct 9, 2015, 07:44 AM
Eeeeh, paying someone for an answer sounds like a pain lol. Tell you what, I have a box of imaginary cheezits and you can have 1 cracker from it. Good deal no?

Back on topic, so basically when a problem exists, its better to move along and ignore it rather than fixing it, or is it because it's a game that us, individuals lack control over that the former action is more reasonable?

KLMS1
Oct 9, 2015, 07:55 AM
You can't fix stupid, bro. Internet Jerkwads even less.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 11, 2015, 06:16 PM
people just upvoting that they would so they can go back home to that wasteland at this point