PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Windows 10 V-sync issues in fullscreen with AMD hardware

A Man in Flames
Sep 28, 2015, 02:50 PM
Greetings PSOW,

Got some new issues to share with the forum (and see if anyone else experiences them) regarding playing PSO2 on Windows 10:

I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 Pro x64 (from Windows 7 Ultimate x64), and ever since then, I have V-sync issues when playing in Fullscreen mode. I would normally play in virtual full screen, but when I do so, I experience jarring screen jutter.

Playing in full screen eliminates the screen jutter and I get my 60 FPS (which I locked in) but now have screen tearing (no V-sync).

My relevant hardware:

AMD FX 8350 (OCed to 4.4 Ghz)
AMD Radeon HD 7970 (main card)
AMD Radeon HD 7950 (crossfired secondary GPU)

I have tried running the game with AMD crossfire enabled and disabled. I get better results running on just the 7970 (crossfire disabled) according to the PSO2 V2 benchmark. SEGA coding/optimization I guess.

I have tried forcing V-sync through the Catalyst control center (and without), no change.

It's worth nothing I have not had any of these problems at all while on Windows 7, nor do any of my other games have V-sync issues on Windows 10.

Anyone else running AMD hardware with these issues, or any Nvidia GPU/Intel CPU users share this issue?