PDA

View Full Version : I would like to start re-playing phantasy star...but...

cleriyou
Sep 28, 2015, 03:48 PM
In a long past ago where official psu server where alive(but close enought dead) i start to play online psu and well after one week-end, they close the server D: . Then years later i discover phantasy star zero and portable 2 and (obviously) when i going online, i felt alone because it isn't in mmo;_;.

NOW, they "release" pso 2! I tried to install it with a way to by-pass ip and stuff(because ip block and asian eclusivity i think)...i finish with search protect-.-(this thing is doomed).

SO my request:
-asking help for finding a way to play pso 2 OR any phantasy star online/univers private server(if they are still alive).
-finding people or group to stay with in this game(cause it more fun duh)

and question: If sega release the anime(animation if you prefer-.-) in NA, then people like it AND then RELEASE PSO2 IN NA. Does people will play it? my answer is:SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Anduril
Sep 28, 2015, 03:59 PM
You're wording is a bit confusing (I'm assuming English isn't your first language), but I'm going to assume you tried to play the SEA version of PSO2? If so, then you can try to register for the JPN version of the game (which most people here play on); here's the registration guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236) and the English Launcher that has built in support for English patches (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248).

As for private servers, we are technically not supposed to post links to them, but I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for if you look around.

Also, as has been discussed countless times, odds are, due to various reasons, the only way we will see a NA release of PSO2 is if a third-party company publishes it, as is the case of the SEA and Taiwan servers.

Spiral
Sep 28, 2015, 04:13 PM
Also, in case actually having an IP block because living in SEA area (there -is- an IP block just for SEA users right?) then would indeed need to use proxy.
Believe the english patcher/launcher has a proxy built in you can easily use. (PSO2proxy or something?)

As for finding people, try the player matchup sub-forum. Have fun!
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

cleriyou
Sep 28, 2015, 07:17 PM
Well first thing, Yes english isn't my first language(im french canadian if you want detail) and yes i tried one time to install the sea version.I doubt that would work because of ip block and etc. Yesterday i tried to download the setup in .torrent but i got search protect which give tons of spyware.D: so tbh i stop trying to install this because i (badly) install a torrent software.... yeah honestly idk how to get utorrent or bittorrent or something like this without shitty software.
Any help for that too? i just want a safe software for install this damm game!!!!
cos I WANT MY PSO TIME

Anduril
Sep 28, 2015, 07:19 PM
Well first thing, Yes english isn't my first language(im french canadian if you want detail) and yes i tried one time to install the sea version.I doubt that would work because of ip block and etc. Yesterday i tried to download the setup in .torrent but i got search protect which give tons of spyware.D: so tbh i stop trying to install this because i (badly) install a torrent software.... yeah honestly idk how to get utorrent or bittorrent or something like this without shitty software.
Any help for that too? i just want a safe software for install this damm game!!!!
cos I WANT MY PSO TIME
Here's the official download (http://pso2.jp/players/download/). It can be a little slow, but it should work for you. Also, after installing, the game will end up patching ≈20GB, and the final game size will be ≈29GB.

cleriyou
Sep 28, 2015, 07:33 PM
Do i need some english patch and patch english launcher or something like this?
Or i got just GO WILD ,DOWNLOAD IT AND PLAY!!!

Sandmind
Sep 28, 2015, 07:36 PM
French canadian also here. I will stay in english for other forum user though. I can tell you that I don't need a VPN for the japanese servers, so you can just use the official launcher as previously linked. Then download the pso2 tweaker after you finished the initial patching to take care of the english patches and any future game updates.

cleriyou
Sep 28, 2015, 08:08 PM
French canadian also here. I will stay in english for other forum user though. I can tell you that I don't need a VPN for the japanese servers, so you can just use the official launcher as previously linked. Then download the pso2 tweaker after you finished the initial patching to take care of the english patches and any future game updates.

:O RLY simply just the tweaker :D
Is gonna be good to be back>:D