PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of coming back after a long time

r2zero
Sep 29, 2015, 10:56 PM
Hello PSOW!

I played PSO2 for a while until I quit around fall/winter of last year. I'm on the fence about rejoining and "starting fresh" (prob just gonna join another ship). The last thing I remember happening was Ultimate Nab getting released (and me finding it tedious).

What's different about PSO2 since then? Some of the questions I have:

How big is the gap between Free and Premium Users? I remember it getting smaller by the time I left. How good are crafted weapons/units now?

Any major melee class changes/balances since then?

How worth it is it to play PSO2es alongside?

How easy is it to make money now?

Any help is appreciated!

loool
Sep 29, 2015, 11:06 PM
I played PSO2 for a while until I quit around fall/winter of last year. I'm on the fence about rejoining and "starting fresh" (prob just gonna join another ship). The last thing I remember happening was Ultimate Nab getting released (and me finding it tedious).

Sega change Ultimate Nab. It's stupid easy now...

What's different about PSO2 since then? Some of the questions I have:

Nothing much has change...

How big is the gap between Free and Premium Users? I remember it getting smaller by the time I left.

The gap isn't too big. Free user could get by just as good.

How good are crafted weapons/units now?

Red weapon and Saiki are the best.

Braver just plain broken... like always.

Pretty good, if you don't want to go in PSO2 to feed Mag or level.

Free player could make about 2-3mil a week in there.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 29, 2015, 11:19 PM
Bravers are broken? wat

Maenara
Sep 29, 2015, 11:25 PM
I think some people are just really fucking salty about how katana got a new PA that doesn't suck, after the Shunka ordeal.

loool
Sep 29, 2015, 11:30 PM
I think some people are just really fucking salty about how katana got a new PA that doesn't suck, after the Shunka ordeal.

That thing is broken. Really, all you need to do is just spam it and everything die.

Maenara
Sep 29, 2015, 11:33 PM
That thing is broken. Really, all you need to do is just spam it and everything die.

Spamming any PA will eventually make things die. It's called attrition. Being easy to use multiple times in quick succession doesn't make things broken, otherwise Strezwei would be broken too.

loool
Sep 29, 2015, 11:36 PM
Spamming any PA will eventually make things die. It's called attrition. Being easy to use multiple times in quick succession doesn't make things broken, otherwise Strezwei would be broken too.

Gunslash really need that. It got nothing. Guran on the other hand... broken. Wide attack, little PP cost, good for dash, and high damage.

GHNeko
Sep 29, 2015, 11:40 PM
Braver isnt broken. The new PA is easy and spammable but it doesnt carry players like Shunka did before lol.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2015, 11:40 PM

So what you're saying is, everything here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php#nav) is broken. You can spam any of those PAs, and everything will die eventually.

Your logic sucks. You do know that, right?

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2015, 11:43 PM
Guren is a good PA. That doesn't make it broken. Its attack range is decent but not absurdly so, its PP cost is actually normal, being good for dashing doesn't make something broken, and its damage (and DPS) isn't that high compared to other katana PAs. It's certainly not even pre-nerf Shunka tier.

More importantly, comparing Braver with other classes like Fo/Te, Te/Br, or Fi/Hu would make it pretty clear that Braver as a whole is not broken either.

RX-93
Sep 29, 2015, 11:43 PM
I dunno. I think Fake Silhouette is far more broken.

loool
Sep 29, 2015, 11:48 PM
So what you're saying is, everything here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php#nav) is broken. You can spam any of those PAs, and everything will die eventually.

Your logic sucks. You do know that, right?

Class getting buff soon, everyone spam guren like good old shunka, guren could be use to dodge almost every attack, you can counter every attack, and combat escape make you god. Of course you can kill things just spamming PA, but guren makes that like it's nothing.

SolRiver
Sep 29, 2015, 11:50 PM
As someone who returned after a year (after DDoS, came back a month or so ago), my opinion is such:

How big is the gap between Free and Premium Users? I remember it getting smaller by the time I left. How good are crafted weapons/units now?
Premium is ideal for improving ur chance of getting into MPA that don't sux. Because it is easier to fit into the block you want to be in. Trading for weapon/unit pass at 11* and 12* is very useful to get some items. Selling item is a good money source, and myroom is best afk location. Also help on leveling crafting (3 extra craft slots).
Crafted weapon/unit is an important aspect of the game. Especially in utilizing sub class PA.
If you got someone to play often with... premium is a very very handy. (trying to get into the same block as friend, yet not be pushed to empty block)
Solo play, premium doesn't feel to have major impact, everything can be grinded out or skipped.

All I know is dual blade fi/bo is godlike in almost every where they go... I don't even know if they should be classified as melee most time.

Fighter was the most drastic change imo. They went from a low stat hunter that spam deadly arrow to some super high risk high reward dps god through limit break.

buying AC has never been easier+cheaper. that reason alone is worth it. I am currently still grinding on it to see if i can get something nice... so far aside getting AC and feed mag on the go seem to be the only reason to use it for me.

TACO is weekly, and there is XQCO as well (both weekly). That's the primary money source for non-premium player. Stocking up quality item through price check in shop then unloading through shop ticket is also good money.

Your biggest concern should be inventory space. Free player's storage/inventory space kill alot of money making potential.

(and challenge mode is pretty cool)

Vatallus
Sep 29, 2015, 11:55 PM
I'm too much of an creature of habit when I play braver and still just use hatou, endo, and kanran.

Still use guren to dash around the map at the speed of light though.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 29, 2015, 11:55 PM
Can't Stylish Roll 200%+Infinity Fire spam anymore, GU is shit

BR can't mindlessly spam Shunka to one shot things like before, BR is shit

FO's can't mindlessly spam Il Megid and one/two shot things anymore, Dark Spells suck

Either get good or don't play

LonelyGaruga
Sep 30, 2015, 12:04 AM
Class getting buff soon, everyone spam guren like shunka back in EP2, you can counter every attack, and combat escape make you god.

Can't beat that argument. Moving on then.

All weapons that were missing out on new PAs from the Ult Nab update now have a new PA, some from Ultimate Lilipa and some from XH Kuronia Exploration (and the new seasonal Kuronia EQ, translated as Regiment of the Wicked). Some skill updates to Hunter and Braver enable them to regain PP with a JG, and now Braver's counter is actually really good damage. There's an upcoming update to katana that will cause their Gear to give a 0/5/10% damage boost for level 1/2/3, as well as reduce PP costs for Tsukimi and Gekka. A third unspecified PA is going to be getting adjustments.

PA crafting was also implemented, but unlike tech crafting, it completely changes PAs. For example, Twister Fall allows you to hold it for a lengthy period of time and move around, and Kazan Nadeshiko became a charging attack with two levels that can be released at will. Currently only 1 PA has a craft for each weapon, except for DBs and JBs which were left out inexplicably (guess because Bouncer can use techs).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 30, 2015, 12:17 AM
Class getting buff soon, everyone spam guren like good old shunka, guren could be use to dodge almost every attack, you can counter every attack, and combat escape make you god. Of course you can kill things just spamming PA, but guren makes that like it's nothing.

I'd give you a serious response if I wasn't busy laughing at you.

Just go play the game more, and see a class that actually is borderline broken.

loool
Sep 30, 2015, 12:22 AM
I'd give you a serious response if I wasn't busy laughing at you.

Just go play the game more, and see a class that actually is borderline broken.

I'm talking about the class as a whole, not class combo. If it were class combo then Fi/Bo would take the top spot and whatever Fo/sub nowaday would be second.

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2015, 12:26 AM
Fi/Bo is best class?

News to me lol.

Also even without class combos, Br isnt broken lol. Fo is straight up stronger than Br lmfao. And are we forgetting Fi or something? Fi is better than Br in skilled hands.

And the stronger part of Br is bow because of weak stance, headshots, and banishing arrow.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 30, 2015, 12:27 AM
I'm talking about the class as a whole, not class combo.

Then your opinion holds even less water (if that were possible after you claimed braver of all things is broken OP) when everyone has a subclass.

edit: I just caught this

and whatever Fo/sub nowaday

So you have no idea what you're talking about. K

Maenara
Sep 30, 2015, 12:33 AM
If you care, the game's ninth class has been found via datamining(by me), but only a few things are known for it.
•Its name is Summoner(At least internally).
•It has two summons(At least, two summons in the data, at the current moment).
•Summoner will launch with five PAs, with each PA doing a different thing depending on which summon is out.

Sega hasn't officially unveiled it yet, however.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 30, 2015, 12:36 AM
I'm talking about the class as a whole, not class combo. If it were class combo then Fi/Bo would take the top spot and whatever Fo/sub nowaday would be second.

Fi/Bo's only competent at boss killing and even then falters compared to Fi/Hu and ranged classes. Fo/Te is competent at boss killing (given composite techs) and one of the best for mobbing. Saying Fi/Bo > Fo/Te is simply ignorant.

You still have a lot to learn about the game. It would be better to do more homework and ask more questions before coming to these faulty conclusions.

loool
Sep 30, 2015, 12:41 AM
Fi/Bo is best class?

News to me lol.

Also even without class combos, Br isnt broken lol. Fo is straight up stronger than Br lmfao. And are we forgetting Fi or something? Fi is better than Br in skilled hands.

And the stronger part of Br is bow because of weak stance, headshots, and banishing arrow.

It made be gimmicky but when work it straight destroy stuff. Force is pay 2 play. You need every element tree to even makes it good... Sword Hunter could pretty much flat Fighter. They can survive, block, attack harder, and way faster once gear is full.

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2015, 12:49 AM
It made be gimmicky but when work it straight destroy stuff. Force is pay 2 play. You need every element tree to even makes it good... Sword Hunter could pretty much flat Fighter. They can survive, block, attack harder, and way faster once gear is full.

The amount of work you put into something isnt really relevant.

All that matters is the end result.

Which is that FI and FO when in skilled hands outshine BR by a good amount, and BR's Bow is more effective than BR's Katana.

Reasons such as, "Well that is gimmicky" or "you need money to be good" is irrelevant because when you're talking about tier lists, you have to factor in maximum player skill without barriers.

This is why Fox is the best character in melee. His execution barrier doesnt matter because in the hands of the most skilled player, he's the best character in a competitive environment. lol.

isCasted
Sep 30, 2015, 12:52 AM
Hello PSOW!

What's different about PSO2 since then?
There's Ultimate Liilipa now and also Challenge Mode, which are... challenging. Meanwhile, Naberius was nerfed to the point it's just pointless.

1. Run CM
2. Get Photon Boosters
3. Use them on crafted Red Weapons
4. ???
5. PROFIT

Some 13* are pretty easy to get too. And you can get 12* passes from titles.

I can only note PAs. Ones I find significant: Immortal Dove (DB), Gurren Tessen (Katana), Adapting Spin (WL).

Depends, really. It's still useful for AC, passes and mags. I personally don't find those bonus weapons worth the hassle with EQs. I prefer playing PSO2, because even reward-wise it's far more welcoming. Besides...

A lot of affixes went down in price massively, including Soul Receptor. Even Flict/Alter ones. Modulator is still very relevant, especially now that Apprentice Soul has the most ATK and also boosts its transfer rates. You can farm that in SHAQs after abduction. Other than that, everything money-wise is pretty much the same.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 30, 2015, 01:47 AM
this game is broken.

We need CD's on skills. Not pp shet.

I'd love to combo in this game, unfortuantely combos don't mean shit here.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 30, 2015, 01:48 AM
edit: double post. plz delet...

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2015, 02:17 AM
this game is broken.

We need CD's on skills. Not pp shet.

I'd love to combo in this game, unfortuantely combos don't mean shit here.

do better since comboing in this game is easy as shit if you have PP

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2015, 02:19 AM
do better since comboing in this game is easy as shit if you have PP

i dont think he's saying that he cant do combos

i think he's saying that comboing doesnt matter because "everything is broken."

like "why do you need to do tsukimi > gekka when you can just sakura endo x2" type thing lol.

and he's kinda right. there is very little need to do slick combos when you can BHS x3 or Twister Fall Type-0 x3 or Sat Aim x99.

Really the closest things to combos that are regularly done is Zondeel > Something Else

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 30, 2015, 02:45 AM
Really the closest things to combos that are regularly done is Zondeel > Something Else

Zondeel -> left click is the swaggiest combo.

Well I do use uncharged megiverse -> PA because backing off to heal as a BO is for cowards!

That does make me think though. If we had more meaningful utility in PAs, etc there would be more comboing like that, rather than the choice of hitting dudes in this area hard, or hitting dudes in a narrower area harder. Almost like reverse tap -> shift period/bullet squall, assuming reverse tap stopped sucking (well if it sucked in better... you know what I mean)

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2015, 03:10 AM
You've listed one of many things that could be improved in PSO2 to make the game a more enjoyable and interesting experience for all.

Achelousaurus
Sep 30, 2015, 06:26 AM
Late October we are getting a new EQ and new 13*.
We also get these for 100 new quest stones and 100 excubes and they come fully affixed at 60 element and +10.
Some think these have no potential but even then they are stronger than red weapons at potential 3.

Actually, we got more than just 1 pa since r2zero left.
We got a fire/dark and a light/ice compound tech.
We also got Tears Grid for Partizan that's neat and has overall good damage but is overall too long and costs too much to be truly useful.
We got End Attract for rifle that is Satellite Cannon levels of OP.
We got Fall Nocturne for dagger which is useless cause of the risk of touching ground and losing the 50% dmg boost from gear and wasting time to get it back.
And we get the even more useless Adapt Spin for wired lance that looks nice but just wastes a lot of pp for pitiful damage and a super situational repositioning.
Also Grim barrage for tmg which is dunno, I don't use tmgs much but it struck me as ok but nothing amazing.

Playing PSO2es is probably alwys worth it as long as Soul Receptor doesn't drop in the main game (seriously, WTF Sega?).
Making money...don't think anything has changed.
We finally can look for up to 4 affixes at once and can distinguish between subcategories of tickets, like hairstyles / lobby actions / accessories.

Iirc there was also an option for AC scratch to chose a category, allowing to only try for support items (or whatever you call them) for example, not getting any accessories or costumes but just grind risk reduction / atk boost / element change / etc. items.
I think that reduced their prices cause now people have a smaller pool of unwanted items which they can get instead of these.
On the other hand few people do scratch at the moment and costumes can easily be 7million (female anyway) or some shit.

Sorry to inform you, but you missed out on free passes. When we got 11* unit and 12* weapon passes we got an LQ where the new bronze/silver/gold badges dropped easily (first we gave them xie, now it got moved to the badge shop for super weak 13* weapons, awesome camos and a few other things).
There are titles for doing that LQ up to 30 times and you can get up to 3 12* passes from that but no clue if you can somehow still get the titles or if that train has left.

We got challenge mode 1 which is truly amazing and finally something really challenging and fun...but requires 12 skilled people which are hard to come by and few people do challenge mode these days.
And then we got cmode2 which is kinda ok, really damn easy in comparison and not nearly as fun.

Challenge miles from cmode can be used for a number of things (the shop is up there with rare stone / cube shop / etc) and also 13* weapons for which you need 540k miles (a lot of farming) to get a weapon with low atk for 13* and an 18% dmg boost for area bosses (not minibosses like Wolga).

Ult Lilipa is a hell lot more fun than Naberius and a very mangaeable clusterfuck and gives stones for Slave series 13* (so many 13* nowadays) which all have + 300atk at 50% + pp.
We also got a handful 13* from Kuronia stones, Katana and maybe knuckles too will reduce dmg by 5% in exchange for reducing pp cost by 30%.

Sword got even faster. Even without fury gear boost (which is now independent from stance) it charges fast and you need to use Crafted Twister Fall only once for full gear (if you get 5 points in Hunter Gear boost, not sure what it's like without).

Volg Raptor no longer works as massive multiplier with Chain Trigger but not sure how much exactly it was nerfed.
But Bellion showed that even now CT + Banish Arrow is op as fuck and can oneshot XH Luther. Even though that was supposed to have been nerfed a good while ago.

Not sure how long it's like this but Gunslash got a big boost and now it's of course still behind main weapons but not by that much, it can put out some very nice damage with the right use.

And not sure if you got to see Vinto Gigue, it's a JB pa that uses all gear for damage and after an initial bug it got fixed and now works with the applied jb element and not only the weapon element.
Apparenly it can deal some pretty massive damage with the right setup, 900k+ and all.

And not sure if you saw it already btu DS got a new pa called Hurricane Sender that is similar to Chaos Riser, it has less dmg but the zondeel effect is bit further away.
I don't see many people use it, I don't cause I don't use DS much but I'm pretty sure when used correctly it's quite useful.

BlankM
Sep 30, 2015, 02:53 PM
You've listed one of many things that could be improved in PSO2 to make the game a more enjoyable and interesting experience for all.

Hard to do that without feeling really arbitrary. In PSO1 we had more accurate attacks later in your combo. The closest thing we have is like TAJB from fighter.

You can ask for combos but how long before people just say "Well now everyone does the same combo." You'd need some kind of new fundamental mechanic or incentive. Like chaining x PA weakness gets progressively stronger, mobs gain resistance, actual need for CC, builds PB faster, active skills that make them superior etc.

It's a shame because a lot of those PSO2 JP weapon switch combo vids are really cool/creative.

TwistedShaerk
Sep 30, 2015, 03:13 PM
Challenge miles from cmode can be used for a number of things (the shop is up there with rare stone / cube shop / etc) and also 13* weapons for which you need 540k miles (a lot of farming) to get a weapon with low atk for 13* and an 18% dmg boost for area bosses (not minibosses like Wolga).

I thought within the first week of Ideals existing people disproved the rumor that they didn't work on minibosses.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 30, 2015, 03:18 PM
I thought within the first week of Ideals existing people disproved the rumor that they didn't work on minibosses.

That we did. They work on minibosses, and bosses.

LunaSolstice
Sep 30, 2015, 03:20 PM
lol why do I feel like one of the few people who like making combos?

I prefer flashy stuff so if I was using the same PA/tech on all my weapon palettes then I'd be bored of this game lol

I like to make a combo from every PA that a weapon has,only exception is AR since I only pull that out for WB,Satellite Cannon and End attract,but they aren't the only PAs on the weapon palette still lol

Example:

Guren+Guren+Guren=Bored.

Also PP efficiency means nothing when every class can use Queen Vera.

TaigaUC
Oct 1, 2015, 02:07 AM
The thing with PSO2's "combos" is they don't feel like combos to me.
This is coming from someone who has played (and de/reconstructed) all kinds of fighters for decades.
PSO2's combos are basically special attacks (Photon Arts) strung together in random fashion.
Many of the PAs don't flow well as part of a combo, both in mechanics and appearance.
And most of them don't feel like they were designed with the combo system in mind.

My impression of combos is more along the lines of: closing distance -> multiple hits to stun/debilitate enemy -> finisher.
Combos in fighters usually scale upwards in terms of flashiness/strength. In fighters with super cancels, you'd end the special attack finisher with a super attack.
That also feels much more satisfying than cycling 3 special attacks over and over.
There's also that strange feeling of lacking control when, in the middle of a combo, you're unable to bust out the exact special attack you want, when you want. Gotta cycle through first.
As a suggestion, SEGA could add a "finisher" system that changes PAs into "finishers" when placed in the final slot.
I'm sure that would make things much more interesting.

@r2zero
I don't think PSO2 has changed that much since Ultimate Naberius was released.
The game currently still focuses heavily on farming and grinding 13 stars.
But we'll be getting a lot of new content soon, including graphical upgrades and Episode 4, which, according to the data, seems to come with a new pet class.
You may want to start preparing for that.

wefwq
Oct 1, 2015, 02:50 AM
If you're looking for "exciting" thing to do, there's nothing new right now.
Your best bet to make a comeback probably when they add new falz EQ.

How big is the gap between Free and Premium Users?I remember it getting smaller by the time I left. How good are crafted weapons/units now?
Literally just pay for convenient feature, but is not a must.
You can shell out few bucks for it, mainly to make your progress easier (shop usage when premium are active, grants you access to "premium space", trade with other premium player, etc.)

Crafted weapon are now pretty good, that if you picked the "right" weapon to craft, pretty much the same rule apply to unit.

Not much changed, they definitelly tweak some stuff but those barely change anything worth mentioning.

How worth it is it to play PSO2es alongside?You can get special affix dropping from mob over there, and that's it.
Well, you can say that you can also see your character on the go, if you like your character so much.
It also a pretty decent smartphone games, if you don't have anything to do and just want to play a little bit on bus ride.

Still pretty much the same.
TACO and XQCO every week, and randomized daily DO.
You can make more money if you have some stuff to sell and get your player shop active (using premium feature, or using shop pass from AC shop or FUN scratch).

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 1, 2015, 04:16 AM
i dont think he's saying that he cant do combos

i think he's saying that comboing doesnt matter because "everything is broken."

like "why do you need to do tsukimi > gekka when you can just sakura endo x2" type thing lol.

and he's kinda right. there is very little need to do slick combos when you can BHS x3 or Twister Fall Type-0 x3 or Sat Aim x99.

this is what i meant exactly^

CD's will also fix the power creep we are experiencing.

TaigaUC
Oct 1, 2015, 06:26 AM
Grim Barrage -> Satellite Aim is actually a pretty cool looking combo.
Of course, it's only something you use when moving between enemies.

re:PSO2ES
You can also get some PSO2ES exclusive weapons that sell for 100k-1m sometimes.
In some cases, levelling is also easier/faster.
When there are no boosts or EQs in PSO2, you can do PSO2ES EQ or story missions for 10k-20k EXP per run.

Achelousaurus
Oct 1, 2015, 11:49 AM
That we did. They work on minibosses, and bosses.
Oh. What. I just remember a bunch of people on the forum saying the tested it and they wouldn't work on minibosses so I never even bothered my friends who have them.
This is nice though.

And Katana doesn't has almost no good combos. Some other weapons like Sword or Knuckles have far better combos.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 1, 2015, 01:18 PM
The only actual damage test indicated it did work on mid-bosses. Here's (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3250295#post3250295) the post.

And this combo stuff. Ugh.

1) Switching palettes and setting up simple two-PA combos is easy to do with every weapon, and is pretty effective.
2) PSO2 was never intended for an in-depth combo system, and such a system isn't conducive to the type of game it is.

For katana, things like Kanran > PA and Guren > PA are fine for general mobbing. With various enemies you can go into more specialized combos via palette swapping. If you want more than that, you're playing the wrong game.

TaigaUC
Oct 1, 2015, 03:09 PM
So I guess you mean that PSO2 leans more towards the Musou type games.
Though I'm not too familiar with those.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 1, 2015, 03:32 PM
No, I don't mean that.

Achelousaurus
Oct 2, 2015, 05:29 AM
So, Ideal's potential works on minibosses mainbodies (like Wolga) but not on body parts of area bosses that aren't directly attached to the main body (like Gwana bits)?
What about cougar?
Goron's protective crystals?

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 07:43 AM
Gwana Bits is a separate enemy. Sometimes they hang around after Gwanada dies.

BlankM
Oct 2, 2015, 08:33 AM
The only actual damage test indicated it did work on mid-bosses. Here's (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3250295#post3250295) the post.

And this combo stuff. Ugh.

1) Switching palettes and setting up simple two-PA combos is easy to do with every weapon, and is pretty effective.
2) PSO2 was never intended for an in-depth combo system, and such a system isn't conducive to the type of game it is.

For katana, things like Kanran > PA and Guren > PA are fine for general mobbing. With various enemies you can go into more specialized combos via palette swapping. If you want more than that, you're playing the wrong game.

I don't think anyone is saying its conducive. However, to say it was never intended to would be too presumptuous.

Why have a 3 PA combo palette at all if you're rarely ever not going to just set a bunch of palettes with one PA? Or as you say only do simple two-PA combos. Most people just set a whole palette to a PA and switch palettes when necessary anyways. And for a game with only 6 palettes this is terribly restricting. If the game is not supposed to be combo heavy then the design choices they made are counter-intuitive.

Honestly an incredibly simple fix would be to let us move backwards in a combo palette via holding the accept button (Thinking controller) or another button before using a PA. Then we wouldn't have to clog our palettes with single PAs. We would still have access to spamming a single PA while being able to continue combos.

Vatallus
Oct 2, 2015, 09:27 AM
Fighter's Tech JA should probably just turn into an ability for all classes, but even that probably won't make people do combos. To be honest combos don't really interest me either.

Personally my melee weapon palettes are usually a single hit PA, all around PA, then maybe a stronger single hit PA. Depending on class. If I play swords I have something like Sonic Arrow - Rising Edge - Over End or Nova Strike.

Braver I have Hatou - Kanran - Endo etc

The only class where I have most of my weapon palettes with one PA is Gunner. But I still have one palette that is Dead Approach - Reverse Tap - Reverse Tap and one that is Ariel - Bullet Squall - Bullet Squall

I play every class except Techer main but I don't plan to list every single thing I set up.

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 10:29 AM
A lot of stuff in PSO2 feels like, SEGA saw it elsewhere and tried to slap it into PSO2 without really knowing what would happen.
Many game devs seem to do that. PSO2 in general is very much SEGA experimenting with things.
You saw what happened with Magatsu. They had to change how it works, so many times.

With that in mind, maybe they weren't really sure what they wanted to do with the combo system.
If anything, the biggest proof is it took them... 2 years? To allow us to save palette setups.
Something so basic was missing for THAT LONG. Not including the ~3 years in development and testing.
If they gave the combo system much thought, that kind of absence should definitely not have happened.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 2, 2015, 12:24 PM
I don't think anyone is saying its conducive. However, to say it was never intended to would be too presumptuous.

Why have a 3 PA combo palette at all if you're rarely ever not going to just set a bunch of palettes with one PA?

Because those weapons have their shift actions occupied, unlike weapons with shift actions that simply switch the palette.

BlankM
Oct 2, 2015, 12:55 PM
There are so many alternatives its really not excusable at all. But I digress...

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 02:29 PM
Well, PSO2 is clearly designed around gamepad usage.
Maybe they felt that having an extra button would overcomplicate things.

I don't know, as I only tried PSO2 gamepad once or twice a few years ago.

BlankM
Oct 2, 2015, 03:00 PM
Accept button + PA to go back in the combo palette would be fine. You might pick up things you don't want but meh.

Or double tap PA button even. Plenty of ways to work around lack of buttons. I mean PAs should be able to be put on your subpallete. Don't know why they shouldn't be. Compound techs are on your subpalette and you can't even cast them without the right weapon equipped.

Achelousaurus
Oct 2, 2015, 04:56 PM
Gwana Bits is a separate enemy. Sometimes they hang around after Gwanada dies.
Oh. Never happened to me.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2015, 06:39 PM
You've never played Braver before, have you?

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2015, 06:59 PM
A few days ago, I saw people in B01 saying that they use only Guren now.
So I don't think loool's comment is unjustified.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 2, 2015, 07:17 PM

Guren possibly being overused? Well yeah.

Spamming one move to kill things being justification that something is OP in pso2? hell no

Katana braver being OP because of guren? lol no

KLMS1
Oct 3, 2015, 06:53 AM
Guren possibly being overused? Well yeah.

Spamming one move to kill things being justification that something is OP in pso2? hell no

Katana braver being OP because of guren? lol no

This man speaks the truth.

wefwq
Oct 3, 2015, 07:40 AM
Guren are super fun and cool, but it's not OP.

Achelousaurus
Oct 3, 2015, 09:36 AM
You mean as in "that's B01's current attitude" and not "that's the new meta"?
Yea, I agree.

TaigaUC
Oct 3, 2015, 02:04 PM
I didn't say Guren was OP, I'm saying it seemed there are people who believe Guren is better than everything now.

I personally don't think it's OP, but I do prefer using it over most stuff.
Depending on the situation, of course.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 3, 2015, 03:27 PM
I'm saying it seemed there are people who believe Guren is better than everything now.

Yeah, B-01 players. Doesn't that tell you enough?

TaigaUC
Oct 3, 2015, 03:48 PM
I guess so. I don't hang around there long enough to know if they are actually any good or not.