PDA

View Full Version : So, what is this quest?

Achelousaurus
Sep 30, 2015, 05:47 AM
https://youtu.be/hCSyIgRFJgc?t=1568

Something with TGS2015 but not sure what that means or if Sega already said when we're getting it.
It looks very nice.

isCasted
Sep 30, 2015, 07:48 AM
It's quite literally just a demo designed for TGS (Tokyo Game Show).

It's basically a modified version of a quest that was shown at PAX2012 (or whenever that English PSO2 demo was).

Achelousaurus
Oct 1, 2015, 11:42 AM
Thanks, but
._.

It looks nice. Knowing Sega though, chances are we're gonna see it integrated into some other quest along the way. So not all hope is lost.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 1, 2015, 12:21 PM
They don't like making single party/objective based quests. I have no hope. We're doomed to 12-man killsquad 'run in circle' quests, or big boss excube pinatas.

The Walrus
Oct 1, 2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe one day they'll realize that quests with effort put into them are a good thing

Chimeria
Oct 1, 2015, 03:34 PM
Maybe one day they'll realize that quests with effort put into them are a good thing

I'm hoping someday they bring back PSO client-style quests opposed to the "take me with you" area runs and tedious matterboard quests.

I know it'll probably never happen but I think it'd be pretty cool.

pkemr4
Oct 1, 2015, 07:29 PM
They don't like making single party/objective based quests. I have no hope. We're doomed to 12-man killsquad 'run in circle' quests, or big boss excube pinatas.

4p c-mode never

Shadowth117
Oct 1, 2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks, but
._.

It looks nice. Knowing Sega though, chances are we're gonna see it integrated into some other quest along the way. So not all hope is lost.

It's quite literally just a demo designed for TGS (Tokyo Game Show).

It's basically a modified version of a quest that was shown at PAX2012 (or whenever that English PSO2 demo was).

Trust me, you're not getting it. It would be very cool, but we're not getting it. Sega really loathes the idea of putting areas from multiple planets together for a single quest, much less giving it objectives more complicated than GET POINTS or KILL BOSS.

Maenara
Oct 1, 2015, 09:14 PM

Considering we get one Time Attack quest per year, which are actually quite interesting quests in concept, I doubt it.

Sega's mindset is probably that the only way they'll get people to care about such 'complex' quests is by shoving huge fucking meseta rewards onto them.