PDA

View Full Version : Observations/Vita/Premium/Mags

gamesbloke
Oct 2, 2015, 06:13 PM
This is a real mixture of digression on my part so hard to categorise...

I am really enjoying PSO2 way more than I ever dreamed I would however I am curious about things and wanted hopefully some of the hardcore players to chime in with their thoughts.

I currently have a bog standard Hunter and looking to get a subclass of Bouncer when I finally please Koffie enough. All very pleasing. I was chatting randomly with a very decent player with obvious skill. I was curious about why folks idle in game for so long etc. anyways he mentioned that the Vita port sucked which is fair enough. I explained why I was happy with the Vita port. He went on to elaborate on the whole PC vs Vita thing. He explained that most PC players frequent the PC lobbies but not so much the cross over PC/Vita lobbies. Seems a bit sad to me. Kinda explained why I found it difficult to find real(As in not a bot) English speaking folks in the sessions I played.

We then went on to Mag breeding. He explained that you need to follow a very specific rule set of feeding specific items in a very specific way to ensure the best mag etc. lol... Well I haven't followed that example in my mag breeding so far. Although feeding the mag mostly swords, the mag has in fact levelled up in other stats. So is mag breeding pretty much a write off if a specific path is not pursued from the get go?

The hardcore in me keeps kicking my insides trying to escape. I want a respectable chara that can, as I put it, shred with the big dogs, along with a respectable mag/apartment/weapon etcetcetcetc.... Thing is I only have around 4 hours a day at best to play PSO2 so I cannot perhaps be as dedicated as maybe I should be.

Am I over thinking things? Can I cover certain bits and pieces with real money? Is Vita a bad word among PC players? Anyone wanna help me with matter boards etc..,?

Can I get any premium packages through PSO2es? That's the easiest way I can get AC at this time... Can you buy 'pre made' mags with AC etc?

I want to start ramping up my experience now. Wanna shake off the thrift store image and start going pro....

How do folks get the best experience from PSO2 Chat? EQ's? Rares? Mixture of things...?

Thanks for reading...

jooozek
Oct 2, 2015, 06:18 PM
all bought mags start from 0, there is no "pre made"s but yeah, pso2es is the easiest and cheapest way to buy AC which you can use on PC as long as you are talking about the android version of pso2es, the ios one uses a currency that from what i read doesnt chain to the pc version's ac

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2015, 06:21 PM
There's a lot of questions here, I think. So I think I can field a few of them.

I don't know about Hu/Bo, though my gut reaction is don't do it. We'd need to know the purpose of that build. Are you focusing a sword? Are you building for max damage? What's your role?

A lot of idling is because that the tl;dr heavily boiled down version is EQ's are the most rewarding things to do, and the blocks for them fill up very fast. People idle because there's not idle time kick function. So, why not idle until an EQ?

Mag breeding is all damage, with a bit in dex. You should basically never build defense stats on your mag, as the gains are nowhere near as much as they could be with attack stats. Most of the time, you're gonna go full or near full in a stat for mags.

PSO2es is (mostly) used for getting AC and premium. It can give you new mags, but you start at level one. If you need to restart your mag, just keep in mind that buying a new one is cheaper than resetting the one you have. Mags are non-tradable. Premium gives you My Store, My Room, and access to premium space in blocks and trading with other players.

If you need to make money, you can do Dailies, Time Attack Client Orders(TACO's), or Extreme Quest Client Orders. Recommend getting a meseta booster on during XQ's.

My best suggestion is to get a group to run with, or join a team, if you wanna chat. That really is the best route.

GHNeko
Oct 2, 2015, 06:58 PM
Vita isnt a bad word; it just not really used by western (or serious japanese) players.

Mostly japanese casuals/kids who cant afford a good PC play on Vita.

Spiral
Oct 2, 2015, 06:59 PM
As only 4 hours played so far, can remake character if afraid "ruined' mag. Most players as mentioned go for a single attack stat for their mags.

As you likely already know, can change classes whenever please and hunter (is defensive, encourages just attacks) is likely a good place for new players to start. Some information on the guides sub-forum may be outdated but will likely give you an idea of where to go. (Alternatively, could dig through/ask in class threads for more information.)

Regarding not finding people to speak to, speak outloud and may find others to talk to. Many are likely quiet (may be because of idea of speaking en on jp server?) instead and only talk within their own teams/parties but are often able to speak up when there's someone asking questions.
Also, assuming ship 2, note that during NA primetime may find more EN (~90% vs ~10%) whereas during JP primetime may find more JP. (~70% vs ~30%, from experience overseas) As mentioned, may be a good idea to join a team. Go visit/post in the player matchup sub forum for this:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Additional mags can be bought with real money.
As far as am concerned vita isn't a "bad word" or anything (but then again seen some people on these forums complain about vita player quality, due to controls difficulty or what not) and during emergencies where players fill up blocks they overflow to vita blocks, then overflow back to pc blocks...whichever block has people.

Matter boards can be ignored for the most and act as a separate "story mode," whereas completing boards unlocks story missions for each chapter that continue you along the story.
At present moment, Ep1-2 are complete and it seems the game allows you to skip straight to Ep3. (Can go back to do previous episode by selecting the respective matter board even if you skip ahead) If just beginning, it is suggested to go to matter board 3-1 and try to pick up the three hiei unit pieces.
See below thread for more basic equipment advice/information:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227342

Also regarding equipment, grinding to +10 and attribute to 50 is fairly important.

Since only just began, may or may not know about blocks. Note that there are respective blocks for difficulties, which may help you find players/people playing at the same difficulty. Also do note that prior to very hard difficulty, may have high difficulty running into players due to most leveling past said phase quickly and the main player density hanging inbetween super hard and extra hard difficulty range. (As players can level subclass up while playing high level main class to SH no penalty range, so few have reason to stay in low diffculties)

Regarding EQ's and rares, during EQ's try to be on the right difficulty block where there are other players. MPA system will match you up with others in the block even if running alone. Again, due to less on vita+low difficulties, may be hard to run into others early on.
On note of rares, 9* and below are buyable from other players (most for nearly nothing/base price of 1050 meseta) which can be grinded to +10 and attribute to +50. Likely won't have to worry about rares (and latents) until much later, general idea is to get to higher difficulties first. Believe 10*+ become commonplace after reaching SH difficulty.

Also, in case ever feel like moving onto PC, should be able to do so without problems. (Vita account is linked to sega account isn't it? So should be able to play with same characters when not going portable) May want to note that with PC blocks, block 1 is noted by most as a "avoid this place" due to high spam/chaos/things-you-don't-want-to-see from other players. (Not sure if vita block 1 has a similar reputation?)

Best place to start will likely be joining a team; most players are willing to jump to help teammates out should you ask. Could also get answer for future questions.

Have fun!

gamesbloke
Oct 2, 2015, 07:49 PM
Nice. Appreciate the responses...

For me I want to play the matter boards properly and go through each one by one. Wanna experience the story path even though it's all in japanese. Wanna get subclass, difficulty unlock stuff going. Nice to know that rares are loosely tied to difficulty. Plus the trophies for the game I would like to earn as well. Joined a team too. But me being GMT and they are mostly US(PST?) it's difficult. I got approx 8 hours sleep total this week lol...

I think I want full premium: Can I just get a load of AC and then buy premium in game? Or do I have to buy a premium pass via webs? Logging into Sega ID is a real pain lol...

I like chatting and stuff however ideal situation for me is to grind and chat at the same time(got a Bluetooth keyboard for Vita so pretty cool)... I am impatient.

Vita PSO2 experience is amazing. Appreciate controls are a concern but they DO work. Frame rate drops are, to me, irrelevant. They do not break the game. Net play on my limited connection speed is really smooth with little to no lag. Only thing about Vita is limited blocks. My PC is super low spec. What's the lowest (as in below Recommended) spec of PC that can be used to run the game?

Once you get your groove on with Vita PSO2 the menu system is very easy to use even though in Japanese. Providing you have physical copy of PSO2 on Vita then you can bind your Sega ID to your US/UK/EUR PSN no issues.

I just want a load of meseta and high level chara/mag super quickly. Plus I wanna get out of Samurai and Cowboy hybrid outfit I am wearing.... :-)

I don't know about Hu/Bo, though my gut reaction is don't do it. We'd need to know the purpose of that build. Are you focusing a sword? Are you building for max damage? What's your role?
High ATK every time. Not fussed about other stats. Going for a second chara which will be my serious chara.

If you need to make money, you can do Dailies, Time Attack Client Orders(TACO's), or Extreme Quest Client Orders. Recommend getting a meseta booster on.

Not done a TACO yet. From what I gather my death(s) will spoil things for the others involved as in EXP gain etc...

Is there a good pattern to ensure daily fulfilment? So could I do some MB's/Koffie orders then hit the EXP trail afterwards?

Sorry but silly question: What's a meseta booster look like and do I equip it like a weapon?

Huge thanks...

KazukiQZ
Oct 2, 2015, 08:13 PM
Go to Hunter/Fighter for high damage hunter weapon .

If u like katana, go for Braver/Hunter. Especially now that katana Braver will be buffed some more.

Spiral
Oct 2, 2015, 08:39 PM
Not sure if vita has a version of PSO2 tweaker, in case not knowing japanese and wanting most things (including pretty much all story from 1-1 up to 3-4 was it?) translated.

Assuming AC shop/premium works same on vita as on PC. Charge AC, then buy respective premium ticket in game from the AC shop accessible from menu.
....not sure there is a premium shop on the website? (Then again, personally never bought AC/used AC shop outside of browsing so not exactly sure)

Regarding chatting while grinding, personally do throw around lines while talking. Some people can type quick/willing to take a moment in the middle of a mission to talk while autorunning, while others tend to be focused on mission. (Also depends on mission, for example short boss fight) So depends more on who you end up partying with.

Supposedly, from others on forums heard game runs fine on very low spec machines. According to tweaker site, minimum XP, dual core, 1.5/2 gb memory, but requires 20+gb disk space. So long as you have a Nvidia or AMD card, should be good. ("NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT, AMD Radeon HD2900XT, and above")
May or may not know what am talking about. But tends to run fine on older machines, especially if okay with some fps drops as mentioned. (Though most that can run perfectly if on lowest settings or so have heard)

Money-wise, TACO's/Klotho's client orders are known for giving quick meseta boosts. Said TACO's won't be available till level 40. Regardless, since in team can get aid from team members for doing such.

Meseta booster is a consumable item, looks like a ticket/bus pass that is black and yellow. Also, since leveling also suggest exp boosters and other tips from that recent thread that popped up. (Ex. party bonus, team tree bonus, AQ's, etc)
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230380

Daily-wise, focus on the 3 top orders with the up arrow icons, as those add to a boost that'll increase all gains (up to 30%, each clear adds 3%) so long as you continue to keep them done. (Start drops down 3% if no clear in 24 hours)

Regarding matter boards, if wanting to punch through rapidly focus on the objective and try to reach all yellows as quickly as possible to move onto next.
If cell tells you to kill dig for example, go straight to caves area and punch digs until shiny is received and leave quest immediately. Similarly if needing to find event in caves area for example, enter single party caves area (first ARKs mission of each environment is a single party area) and search first 2 or 3 cells, if event pops up watch and leave. If no event pops up leave and remake quest.
Otherwise, can just have matter board that is related to quests you are doing up to do it passively. For example, if need to visit caves, have matter board with caves targets set as current board, so as to continue along the matter board while doing other things.
Note that episode 1/2 matter boards involve some story quests with multiple paths/instances of a new path appearing in a previously cleared story quest, whereas a specific path needs to be cleared to reach next matter board. Episode 3 matter board quests are more straight-forward.

Regarding straight damage and hardcore min-maxing and remaking a character, dewmans have highest all around attack stats, type dependent on gender. Similarly, believe fighter class has been noted to output highest damage numbers due to limit break state. (Cuts hp to near-death for 30 seconds but gives boosts + triggers beneficial fighter skills)
Would still suggest starting out with hunter or braver as both encourage defending/just attacking/taking turns with enemies and come coupled with convenient "handicap skills." Alternatively, technique casting class is another good starting point due to easily accessible support techniques to support self with. (Ex. megiverse for personal lifedrain)

/unreadablewalloftext

gamesbloke
Oct 3, 2015, 02:57 PM
Huge thanks for the response. Nice...

Currently slowly working my way through MB's... Just got premium but having trouble with it... So hopefully will sort that out...

isCasted
Oct 3, 2015, 03:04 PM
If you still haven't used your Premium ticket - don't. It's rather pointless at early game. Keep it until you level up enough and gather lots 10-12* weapons/units. That way you'll be able to get large amount of Weapon/Unit passes in one go, and those can be used even without active Premium.

TheszNuts
Oct 3, 2015, 03:14 PM
PSO2ES is underestimated in its usefuless beyond AC buying, for the people who put time into it its a second source of money since Soul Receptor will always be up there in price.

gamesbloke
Oct 3, 2015, 03:55 PM
Tell me about Soul Receptor :-)

Would someone be willing to meet in PSO2/Skype for approx 1hr with myself and make my chara respectable? Willing to give items or whatever in exchange... I am GMT and as of this post I will be on Ship02 in the Vita blocks... gbstevey is my chara name. I have a good understanding of menus etc but need focus and direction.

Please consider helping as it would make a mad fool very happy :-)

GHNeko
Oct 3, 2015, 08:19 PM
PSO2ES is underestimated in its usefuless beyond AC buying, for the people who put time into it its a second source of money since Soul Receptor will always be up there in price.

well receptors under a certain count are chump change but yeah this is some truth in this post.

Tell me about Soul Receptor :-)

Would someone be willing to meet in PSO2/Skype for approx 1hr with myself and make my chara respectable? Willing to give items or whatever in exchange... I am GMT and as of this post I will be on Ship02 in the Vita blocks... gbstevey is my chara name. I have a good understanding of menus etc but need focus and direction.

Please consider helping as it would make a mad fool very happy :-)

Soul Receptors allow you to transfer souls by themselves with 100% base success rate. So instead of needing Vol Soul x 2 for 50% base rate, you can do Vol Soul + Receptor for 100% base rate.

It's very useful. Downside is that you cant transfer Soul Receptors, so high slot ones become extremely valuable.

gamesbloke
Oct 6, 2015, 03:26 PM
Huge thanks for all your kind responses...

I am currently level 35. I feel like I am missing something. Does anyone have any tips or secrets to progress well? Here's my big issue: I have around 4 hours daily to dedicate to PSO2. Obviously that not enough. But how can I streamline my experience so I can level well and complete matter boards in a speedy fashion?

I have very bad OCD and its made worse by lack of focus and direction... :-)

Just recently discovered that every chara is Koffie's bitch at the start. Was hoping to skip her once done... Damn... :-)

TheszNuts
Oct 6, 2015, 03:43 PM
All characters are property of Koffee until level 50. Then you become Dudu/Monica's slave.

gamesbloke
Oct 6, 2015, 04:18 PM
I am curious about quests/MB's/Koffie and all the rest. I have premium so I get 40 quests to go at once. With that in mind could I just add a nice mix of dailies/Koffie/client orders and do runs sequentially and just 'hit' all the orders/quests/whatever without too much deviation?

I have to say most of the folks in my team are LV75 and so my 'early days' journey is too insignificant for them. So it's bot city for me... :-/

gamesbloke
Oct 18, 2015, 06:58 PM
Sorry to bump but I don't think it's right that I make a new thread for this observation as to be honest I am almost certain it's going to be controversial.

I am completely at a loss at present. I like to think that I am a decent player. Intermediate level at least. I just seem to solo more than anything which wouldn't be an issue to me except this is meant to be an online/social experience. Am I missing the point? The folks I have chatted with on PSO2 are mostly prickly and not very receptive to either my chat or questions. With the exception of two people I have had a mostly negative experience with the 'social' aspect of the game.

There is so much to enjoy so it's not a huge issue but I am hoping folks on here can put me straight on matters.

Is there an etiquette for communication on PSO2 that I am not aware of? Also being a Vita player does that mean I am no good or something? A team mate said in no uncertain terms that my style of chat was not appropriate for play/chat. Fair enough... :-) He did make a valid point about not fully understanding the nature and intentions of text chat. I just want to have fun/chat/develop my chara.

I like to be a part of something cool. Or at the very least chat with like minded folks. You know MMO type shizzle.

A typical social session on PSO2 for me involves me saying hello, asking if folks are cool, everyone saying they are busy and me soloing matter boards and quests... Alone :-) If PSO2 was any other game I would throw a hissy fit then play something else but there's plenty to enjoy but I wanted to see if it was me (likely) or if I missed something (very likely).

As I say I am more than happy to be put straight. But EQ's can't be THAT often can they? :-)

I guess this is a rant and I guess this is a hissy fit of sorts but please do enlighten me.

Selphea
Oct 18, 2015, 07:08 PM
Vita is at a disadvantage because people tend to want to camp on in the higher PC blocks to get better chances at a smooth EQ run. Of course if you can find a large team that does scheduled EQ runs in Vita blocks rather than having to camp and run with PUGs that probably works out best.

Your style of chat is probably a practicality constraint considering Vita doesn't have a proper keyboard.

I'd say it gets more social if you mix some PC play time in if you can, but it really depends on who you want to play with. PC + premium players will be camping on higher PC blocks, PC + non-premium players on lower PC blocks. And honestly I like, never go to the Vita blocks after a few horrific experiences doing TD3 there.

TheszNuts
Oct 18, 2015, 07:15 PM
There is a stigma against Vita players, especially on ship 2. Whether its true or not, if you say you're a Vita player you're gonna be stereotyped as a bad player and are generally looking to be carried.

The chat interface on the Vita doesn't help you at all either, a lot of players do not like using the keyboard interface the Vita has for various reasons, the biggest being it leaves the character vulnerable if they need to speak in field.

A EQ is generally every 3 hours, so players schedule things around those times. If the said player is a freemium, this plays a bigger role in that they generally will not give up their spot on a full block to help a lower level because they can't get back into that block after.

Z-0
Oct 18, 2015, 07:24 PM
Vita players are bad because it's like impossible to be good on Vita. The Vita version of the game is the most laggiest piece of shit ever that trying to play "well" is out of the question.

gamesbloke
Oct 18, 2015, 08:38 PM
But I have a BT keyboard... :-)
Seriously BT keyboard really takes the whole 'chat in a melee situation' issue away. Only downside is the fact you have to use cushions/your legs to keep the keyboard relatively close.

So PC or die then?

It feels like 'system-ism' to me. Frame rate only becomes an issue for me if I have to make split second decisions. PSO2 so far has been relatively easy. Barring some occasional bad quest choices and the whole Japanese language thing. Is high level play really THAT intense?

Let me ask an annoying question: Why is 'carrying' players such a bad thing? Help means happy times. Yeah so the occasional EQ is missed but EQ's, in my mind, are like a regular bus service. Another one will be along soon enough.

In the back of my mind I always thought that Ship 02 was a bad decision. Not for any intelligent reasoning. I just had this sense that Ship 02 was not quite right somehow.

I have a lot to learn but I don't want to read up on these subjects I want to learn through chat and play which means I am gonna be Mr Suitcase to the high level folks for sure. For this reason I have offered items/tokens/meseta/whatever for their time, lol, that's insulting it seems :-) I assumed it would at least give me some amusing chat at the very least...

I am going to need a definition on playing well because despite being Level 48 at the time of writing and despite being on Vita etc I think I handle runs well. I don't fall behind. I explain my position well and do not sit back and let others do the work.

My PC cannot run the game anyways so if I am going to be Mr Solo Suitcase then I want to ask something:
I used to play PSO1 quite a lot back in the day and also PSOBB. Now if anyone recalls those games you could level up quite quickly by one hitting the dragon boss and letting your high level team mates finish the job thus allowing speedy level up. My question is: Barring EQ's/TACO's and the like, are there any 'regular' quests that have relatively high EXP gain that can be grinded? My plan is to pop 250% EXP UP pills and hit those quests hard.

Oh and Z-0: I am Hull so make of that what you will. :-)

KLMS1
Oct 18, 2015, 08:47 PM
Why is 'carrying' players such a bad thing?

Try TD3 where a third of the MPA are dead weight and you'll understand.

gamesbloke
Oct 18, 2015, 08:56 PM
Try TD3 where a third of the MPA are dead weight and you'll understand.

That type of carrying is bad. My type of carrying is a little better: Answer my questions via chat and symbol art whilst defeating low level enemies that give little benefit :-)

The very definition of FUN:-)

ArcaneTechs
Oct 18, 2015, 08:59 PM
Carrying is bad because generally no one likes dead weight, its understandable if someone is new and struggling (which 99% of the time they dont speak up about it) but most of these people who get carried know fully well they can be and become a burden to everyone whos putting effort into the mission at hand. It becomes a thing they frequently do thus hindering any sort of "learn to better your skills" toward anything.

TheszNuts
Oct 18, 2015, 09:03 PM
That type of carrying is bad. My type of carrying is a little better: Answer my questions via chat and symbol art whilst defeating low level enemies that give little benefit :-)

The very definition of FUN:-)

Your definition of carrying isn't what is seen in the Ship 2 community. Also you're kinda f***** as is, while ship 2 is infamously bad community-wise, at least you can communicate at least with those that listen with them. Other ships you won't get ppl responding if you speak english.

TaigaUC
Oct 18, 2015, 09:15 PM
1. I currently have a bog standard Hunter and looking to get a subclass of Bouncer when I finally please Koffie enough.

AFAIK Bouncer is better as main. Hunter is generally great as a subclass for many other classes.
Once you have Hunter maxed it'll be easy to level other stuff.

An important thing to keep in mind with PSO2 is that you can level and mix/match classes.
Don't stick with one thing. You should instead try to plan ahead for experimentation, to see what you like.

Although, to achieve this effectively, you kinda need more mags. You can do without, but you'll be gimped.
Alternatively, you can just make a character for each attack type (melee, ranged, tech) since you get a free mag per character.

2. I was curious about why folks idle in game for so long etc.

Waiting for EQs, don't want to leave blocks, or they can afford paying electricity bills to sit around all day.

3. anyways he mentioned that the Vita port sucked which is fair enough.

From what I hear, the Vita has some limitations that kinda drag the game down in general.
It's also much more difficult to play efficiently on.

4. So is mag breeding pretty much a write off if a specific path is not pursued from the get go?

You'll always be weaker and have more trouble equipping stuff sooner.
At the current time, AFAIK best way is to just have a mag for each main attack stat (melee, ranged, tech).
If you don't intend to try ranged or tech, then you don't need mags for them.

5. Thing is I only have around 4 hours a day at best to play PSO2 so I cannot perhaps be as dedicated as maybe I should be.

I think that you can still edge along towards a good setup, you just need to do some research to figure out the best course of action.
You may want to use your first character as a means of experimenting, and then use that experience for your second character.

6. Am I over thinking things? Can I cover certain bits and pieces with real money?

Real money is mainly to save time or reverse mistakes.
You can use real money to obtain goods to sell for ingame cash.
Ingame cash is necessary for upgrades and such.

You can also just work for the ingame money by doing client orders with big payouts (dailies, Time Attack orders).
Time Attack and Extreme Quest orders have a 1 week reset time.
Even if you only have 4 hours a week, you should be able to fit those in on one or two days per week.

7. Is Vita a bad word among PC players?

I got that impression from the very beginning, but don't worry about it.
Someone (a JP person, I think) once told me that Vita players tend to be kids who can't afford PCs.
I personally avoid the Vita blocks because they tend to be much weaker at EQs.

8. Anyone wanna help me with matter boards etc..,?

Matterboards are linked to story, which is fundamentally a solo thing.
It's just a matter of going places and killing stuff until the item drops.
You don't need to do them now, either.
I haven't done them on most of my 9 characters and all my characters have multiple classes at 75.

9. Can I get any premium packages through PSO2es? That's the easiest way I can get AC at this time...

"Premium" is a "paid member" status you pay for.
It just makes some things easier. But you should generally prepare for Premium before you purchase it.
For example, you'll want to collect 11/12 star items so that you can exchange them for trade passes, before you buy Premium.

If you just want AC, then PSO2ES is the recommended method.
Should be very easy, quick and simple.

10. Can you buy 'pre made' mags with AC etc?

No, but they made it a billion times easier to level mags.
They used to only deplete energy while logged in, and feeding them had much, much less gains.
On the flip side, one mistake in feeding can screw you royally, so be very careful not to feed them the wrong things.

11. I want to start ramping up my experience now. Wanna shake off the thrift store image and start going pro....

Skill trees are also very important. I wrote some slightly outdated stuff in guides you can read in my signature.
They should explain some things about classes and so on. May be of use to you.

12. How do folks get the best experience from PSO2 Chat? EQ's? Rares? Mixture of things...?

I normally don't talk to randoms, but I met a bunch of nice people from making my characters' bots publicly available for use.
More details on that in my Friend Partner (bot) guide.

Most rares in the game are pointless now. You can easily get strong weapons by crafting, or doing Magatsu/Elder Luther EQs.
When crafting, pick a cheap weapon with a good latent. Don't worry about the stats because they will be standardized, but make sure you'll still be able to equip them before you extend.
Currently, the low rarity Red weapons in particular have a very strong latent, but require you do Challenge Quest to unlock their latent.

For units, the easiest good units would be the ones from doing Zieg's client orders.
They're not the best, but they are pretty robust. Some people like to craft their units, but I personally don't (I like to resell them).

If you're poor, you'll want to focus on a single weapon type and try to get a good weapon for that.
As in, try to make a single strong setup that you can use as a stepping stone towards improving your other weapons/classes.
Don't try to start out by doing too many things at once, because you'll just slow yourself down.

If you're into melee, Partisan is currently a very good all-around all-purpose weapon.

Also note that there'll be a new class coming in presumably January. so you may want to plan ahead for that.

Z-0
Oct 19, 2015, 06:52 AM
It feels like 'system-ism' to me. Frame rate only becomes an issue for me if I have to make split second decisions. PSO2 so far has been relatively easy. Barring some occasional bad quest choices and the whole Japanese language thing. Is high level play really THAT intense?
For casual playing, the Vita is totally fine. Just running some client orders or random maps is no big issue, but when playing the 12-player Emergency Quests, the Vita can grind to a halt if all the wrong things happen at the same time.

This is mostly an issue in the quests which are more beneficial with more runs. These include the boss raid quests (Elder, Luther and Magatsu) and the Tower Defense quests (Onslaught, Invasion and Despair). With the frame rate freezes (not simply drops) on the Vita, it becomes a pain to switch weapons, use attacks, dodge attacks, and all around just simply play. Someone switching their weapon to any other will cause significant freezing on the Vita -- this can happen on the PC too but a decent PC will circumvent that issue.

When I used the Vita for PSO2, I only used it to do the odd thing, I would always play more "seriously" (if you will) on the PC, because the slow loading and freezes on the Vita made it unplayable in the higher-end Emergency Quests.

PS: By "getting carried", people mean other people having to "carry" your weight in the 12-player emergency quests, because you're unable or not good enough to pull your own weight.

landman
Oct 19, 2015, 07:08 AM
"vita", in any meaning, is mostly ignored by the PC community, nothing against it, nothing in favour. I usually end up in a Vita block when I'm trying to find a deserted lobby, those load faster when I'm cancelling quests or switching COs.

gamesbloke
Oct 19, 2015, 08:24 PM
I managed to do my first AQ with the help of a LEGEND. Anyways it was super awesome and it's a totally different experience. Fast, intense, concentration for maintaining PSE. I learnt a lot.

I got close to the magic level 50. Happy times all round.

This is what I wanted. Chat, awesome play at decent level. I was in hog's heaven. The cherry on the cake was the use of an 150% exp up which gave me pinball scores of exp. I felt liberated. A fantastic PSO2 experience. I am greedy for it now. Wanna hit some tacos lol...

Thanks for all the in depth responses here. Appreciate all the help.

Padoca85
Oct 21, 2015, 02:34 AM
I know the feel mate. Played on PC then moved to Vita for a while, when my pc had some issues, now I play on both. Hit me up on the game and I can help you with some stuff sometime. Same user Id> Padoca85. Im on a different time zone so it might be a little difficulty to meetup

gamesbloke
Oct 24, 2015, 06:26 AM
If you are on then I can come on even if it's stupid o'clock as want to develop. I tend to ask questions on the fly barring EQ's/AQ's/TACO's and such. Want to develop as I play as I get limited time due to work/family life.

Any help at all. Even if it's "Just chill" is all good lol...

ark0
Oct 24, 2015, 08:31 AM
in regards to carrying players ,, :beer:

Achelousaurus
Oct 24, 2015, 10:51 AM
Mag breeding? Following a very specific rule to feed in a very specific way?
That guy is still playing PSOBB apparently.
You pretty much just want single stat atk mags, one for each atk. A little dex can help early on with equips but is pointless later on.

And feeding them is super easy, just feed 7*-9* weapons of the appropriate atk and then furniture to keep down dex. 4* furniture for s-atk mags.

Also, pretty much the only ac you should spend that make a noticeable difference is on the 2 additional mags. That's about 6$.
Everything else is just for convenience or making more meseta.

As for classes, you can switch any time in the lobby so no reason not to find what you like most.
HuBo is bad because you get nothing out of it apart from slightly higher atk and hp.
You can't use boots well cause strike switch is bo main only.
Not to mention you need hu equippable bouncer gear.
No reason not to simply go BoHu for bouncer weapons.

And if you want to use hu weapons, bouncer is a terrible sub, go with fighter or braver instead.

As Taiga mentioned, red weapons are the way to go, they are really strong at the moment and easy to equip (unless they need dex, then it's difficult).

If you need money, time attack client orders (tacos) from klotho just above the medical center in the gate lobby give you a steady stream and it shouldn't be too hard to find people to join you.
http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Attacks
You need to unlock free exploration for all of the areas the ta takes place in or the co won't show up. I.e. if you unlock coast free exploration but only subdue decol malluda for seabed, the vopar ta won't be available yet.

PS: 4 hours a day is quite a bit of time.
PPS: learn to level, it can be very fast when done right.
We get exp tickets for login, hans has daily cos and a variety of other npcs have weekly ones you can finish by just killing enemies.
Once you get to SH you can get ~180k exp from hans alone by doing the sh rockbear+70 forest enemies / sh vol dragon + 70 cave enemies / sh gwanahda + 70 desert mech cos.
Dailies give nice exp and and good money and even if you haven't unlocked an area yet you might be able to do it via the featured quest option.

Kressida and Franka have some high exp collect cos (some dailies need collected items, too). Once you make a support partner (get the co from Koffie and make him/her in the beauty salon above the weapon/disc shops) you can send him to collect these items for easy exp (and/or collect yourself).
Iirc you need to finish the exploration cos for kressida before she gives you the collecting cos.

You get an exp bonus for party members, it's +40% for 4 people.
The dailies with an icon raise your daily triboost which maxes at 30%.
VHAQs give a lot of exp and are spammable cause you only need 1 capsule and that's easy to get (people usually do a rotation to make sure they do a quest where easy of the capsules drop).

Finally, that lvl up quest isn't bad either.

Padoca85
Oct 24, 2015, 07:54 PM
If you are on then I can come on even if it's stupid o'clock as want to develop. I tend to ask questions on the fly barring EQ's/AQ's/TACO's and such. Want to develop as I play as I get limited time due to work/family life.

Any help at all. Even if it's "Just chill" is all good lol...

Np mate, just add me as a friend in game so you can see when im up, as I tend to play in several different hours through out the day.

gamesbloke
Oct 25, 2015, 10:30 AM
That guy is still playing PSOBB apparently.
Yes. Yes I am. In mah soul! :-)

Will be adding Padoca. Huge thanks....