PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting Dualshock 4 to work with PSO2 at all (plus newbie questions)

retamap
Oct 4, 2015, 11:35 PM
I'm very new to PSO2 and had a couple of questions.

I am completely unable to get any sort of controller support working with my (wired) Dualshock 4. I've tried this custom driver, InputMapper, and DS4Windows, all with no effect. Despite all of these programs recognizing the controller, PSO2 itself does not at all. Ideally, I would like to use the custom driver for the touchpad functionality, but I would be happy to get any help at all with this. I haven't been able to find many stories of people having trouble simply getting controllers to work at all.

Additionally, from what little I've played with keyboard and mouse, I really like the feel of both Bouncer weapon types. Is it viable to use Switch Strike and an S-ATK mag, as I've read (or some other method) and use both effectively with the same build? Should I be concerned about stat requirements to equip them since they use different stats?

kurokyosuke
Oct 5, 2015, 02:27 AM
Do you have the controller connected via USB or Bluetooth?

Also, as fun as Jet Boots are, they're not really all that good as a melee weapon. When you need damage, you'll pretty much only be using Dual Blades.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 5, 2015, 03:54 AM
As a BO/HU, you can use both Boots and Blades, with Switch Strike. You won't be top tier damage, but you can do just fine. Boots can do decent amounts with S-atk.

Poyonche
Oct 5, 2015, 05:18 AM
Do you have the controller connected via USB or Bluetooth?

Also, as fun as Jet Boots are, they're not really all that good as a melee weapon. When you need damage, you'll pretty much only be using Dual Blades.

#ImmortalDoveOnline2
#TCPBFOnline2

red1228
Oct 5, 2015, 03:16 PM
I do not know if it would work with the PS4 controller, but I have been successfully using SCP drivers for my Dual Shock 3 controller for almost a year now (wireless via blutooth, even!).

I would imagine that with a USB blutooth dongle, you could do the same with the PS4 controller. Has anyone tried that? If not, there's always the PS3 controller with the method I described above.

retamap
Oct 5, 2015, 11:01 PM
When I said "this driver" I was referring to DS4_PSO2, not InputMapper. It's specifically designed for use with PSO2 and includes support for touchpad gestures by default. It looks like I forgot to actually embed the link (and it seems I can't until I reach 10 posts). For what it's worth, my computer recently stopped being able to sync with my wireless 360 controller, despite the controller working fine for years and still working with everything else I try. It doesn't even work if I borrow someone else's dongle. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling every relevant driver or piece of software I could find. I don't know if this is useful information, considering that although InputMapper emulates the 360 controller, it works fine with everything else.

Icis
Oct 6, 2015, 05:22 AM
I've been playing PSO2 for at least a year now using inputmapper. Everything works fine, but I can't use the touchpad as a mouse inside the game. I never had any trouble setting it up, just followed the normal inputmapper instructions. Maybe the DS4_PSO2 driver is interfering with it or something?

D-Inferno
Oct 6, 2015, 08:04 AM
Did you try Xinput Wrapper?

Sara-hime
Oct 7, 2015, 09:29 AM
I just use DS 4 Windows (http://ds4windows.com/), and despite some initial hickups, it works just fine. Touchpad doesn't work if the cursor goes anywhere near PSO2 (works fine elsewhere though)...I know DS4 had problems with Windows 10, and I'm not sure if they (various DS4 drivers) got up to speed....but works fine for me on Windows 7