Oct 7, 2015, 11:46 AM
PSO2 Famitsu Scan
[spoiler-box]
http://i3.minus.com/igZfAriFF5xGD.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Poyonche
Oct 7, 2015, 11:51 AM
My windooooooow !

Dat Black "Surpassing Dark Falz" is way more beautiful than the white one. :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2015, 06:01 PM
Need those Invade Knuckles, can anyone translate the info about Invade/Osteria box? my JP isn't that good

wahahaha
Oct 7, 2015, 06:21 PM
Time to main HU sword

Bellion
Oct 7, 2015, 06:48 PM
Nothing important, really.
It has just been said that they are going to be the most powerful compared with what we have now, require lots of shit to get, Invade series supposedly able to drop from the upcoming DF fights.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2015, 07:27 PM
Nothing important, really.
It has just been said that they are going to be the most powerful compared with what we have now, require lots of shit to get, Invade series supposedly able to drop from the upcoming DF fights.
ah ok thanks, figured that would be just about the amount of info from them to be expected atm

Rakurai
Oct 7, 2015, 07:38 PM
Is that little blurb at the bottom of the left page saying that the Double fight is one time per quest session on top of the Profound Darkness?

Bellion
Oct 7, 2015, 08:52 PM
Seems to be that way, and check the website for scheduled EQs..........damn. Guess that implies it won't be a randomly occurring EQ.
One quest just like Elder/Luther, with Double going first and transition to PD or whatever other being can be considered something that surpasses a Dark Falz.

Maenara
Oct 7, 2015, 09:13 PM
Getting real tired of them barring up emergency quests like that.

Xaelouse
Oct 7, 2015, 09:47 PM
It was fun when Elder used to randomly show up back in 2012, everyone camping the lobbies hoping for him. People actually willing to stay in the game and find things to do until the next
Then again the game was still exciting and fresh back then

Guess they dont like people staying in their game anymore
it also makes things even harsher on people that miss the quest

cheapgunner
Oct 7, 2015, 09:52 PM
It was fun when Elder used to randomly show up back in 2012, everyone camping the lobbies hoping for him. People actually willing to stay in the game and find things to do until the next
Then again the game was still exciting and fresh back then

Guess they dont like people staying in their game anymore
it also makes things even harsher on people that miss the quest

Agreed. Not to mention, putting the best stuff in scheduled-only EQs make ppl just hunt for the mats for exchange or wait for EQ to be available. The 1st 2 weeks are gonna be jammed up with the EQ all over but then dwindle off as the months go by. Will be surprised by episode 4 if the EQ even shows up 4 times a wekk by then.

Zorak000
Oct 7, 2015, 09:53 PM
I have to leave every night at 10pm EST and that is when all the scheduled EQs start ;A;

Also I bet it'll be like when they added the last scheduled EQs and run them at 7am EST for the first week or two :v

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 7, 2015, 09:53 PM
It has just been said that they are going to be the most powerful compared with what we have now.

Turning that power creep up to 11.

Do we get more consistent content that warrants it?

Only time will tell.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 7, 2015, 10:05 PM
Agreed. Not to mention, putting the best stuff in scheduled-only EQs make ppl just hunt for the mats for exchange or wait for EQ to be available. The 1st 2 weeks are gonna be jammed up with the EQ all over but then dwindle off as the months go by. Will be surprised by episode 4 if the EQ even shows up 4 times a wekk by then.

dude, some of us here have a job, and i must say scheduled EQ is a benefit for me

just sayin'

Lyrise
Oct 7, 2015, 10:07 PM
Since Manta beat me in posting these scans, I'm going to up the ante and add the Dengeki scans here as well. There are more pictures of the invade weapons on scan 1. Also, these come from Dengeki issue 600 - which includes an item code for the Polytan hood. (Anyone interested can just buy the digital copy of the magazine at bookwalker.jp)

Scans 2 and 3 cover cmode2 strategy, for for clearance and all miles route. I'm not going to be translating this.

Scans are 2560x1440 so they are quite large. Most of you were already shocked by the initial post before it got edited to include spoiler boxes, so the size of this should be no surprise to anyone.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Dengeki600-1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Dengeki600-2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Dengeki600-3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

dude, some of us here have a job, and i must say scheduled EQ is a benefit for me

just sayin'

This was the main reason why random EMs were abolished. Too many people complaining about missing the random runs. If you want them back, you'll have to post that suggestion in the next survey, AND convince many Japanese players to do so as well.

Need those Invade Knuckles, can anyone translate the info about Invade/Osteria box? my JP isn't that good

The Austeria Calibur description says that it is once a weapon composed of Negative Energy, now purified. It's great power is to help the "weak" and to strike down evil.

cheapgunner
Oct 7, 2015, 10:35 PM

just sayin'

I know that, they can stay scheduled. But one run per account (most likely) feels cheap. Even I miss scheduled runs every now and then. >.<;

Shinamori
Oct 7, 2015, 10:42 PM
I only miss morning ones. Which I'm sure I'm gonna miss once this EQ drops.

Kayarine
Oct 7, 2015, 10:48 PM
Wait a minute, in the Dengeki scan there's 期間限定緊急クエスト preceding the EQ's name... which means "time-limited emergency quest" (basically the tag for seasonal EQs such as the current Kuronia EQ which get removed after a while)

wat _(┐「ε:)_

Maenara
Oct 7, 2015, 10:52 PM
No one's saying we should get rid of scheduled EQs, people are just saying that they should stop adding scheduled-only quests.

Lyrise
Oct 7, 2015, 10:54 PM
Wait a minute, in the Dengeki scan there's 期間限定緊急クエスト preceding the EQ's name... which means "time-limited emergency quest" (basically the tag for seasonal EQs such as the current Kuronia EQ which get removed after a while)

wat _(┐「ε:)_

Well remember, these EMs are always changing due to the current story progress. This particular EM in its current state (when it comes out that is) will only last as long as it takes to move on to Episode 4.

After that, you'll see it change to something else, with a similar concept - like how we went from the original elder fights to another amped up version, and now to rarely seeing Elder and Loser come up solo, in favor of a single EM that combined the 2 into one abridged run.

Bellion
Oct 7, 2015, 10:59 PM
Funny thing is that Elder/Luther was also labeled as a time-limited EQ during the maximum attack event on SEGA's site.

http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/webevent/ Go all the way to the bottom. They actually had to add the sentence to say they decided to change it to be an EQ that would still occur after that! It's going to be the same for DF Double+Other, without a doubt.

Tenlade
Oct 7, 2015, 11:01 PM
This was the main reason why random EMs were abolished. Too many people complaining about missing the random runs. If you want them back, you'll have to post that suggestion in the next survey, AND convince many Japanese players to do so as well.

I never got why they wouldnt just make it a quest you can do once a day or something, unless they just enjoy having thier servers flooded and lagging like crazy for an hour or two each day.

PokeminMaster
Oct 8, 2015, 01:02 PM
I have to say, those pictures make the Profound Darkness look so much better than the trailers so far (which I know is due to the image not being the highest resolution); it looks glorious

sakare
Oct 8, 2015, 01:13 PM
Can't w8 to get the Fairy Tail - team Room. Wished they would have added more from FT.

LunaSolstice
Oct 8, 2015, 01:57 PM
My eyes were burning when I saw that Lucy's face in game picture in the Famitsu scan. It seemed creepy to me abit,almost reminded me of another blonde mage I know named Lux.

Some things just belong animated in 2D and never in a 3D video game lol

Shadowth117
Oct 8, 2015, 02:40 PM
My eyes were burning when I saw that Lucy's face in game picture in the Famitsu scan. It seemed creepy to me abit,almost reminded me of another blonde mage I know named Lux.

It could be done well. Its just that for whatever reason PSO2 does faces somewhat odd to start and the devs are lazy with collab character showcases most of the time now.

[spoiler-box]http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/ps3jp/imgs/5/b/5b10ddf5.jpg
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/bccafpowhxhradmzlk7m.jpg
http://cdn2.denofgeek.us/sites/denofgeekus/files/knights.png[/spoiler-box]

There's a fair bit of passable 3d in anime style lately as shown there. I do agree that Fairy Tail's particular style is probably among the more challenging to accurately portray though.

And before someone tries to say otherwise, it is pretty clear that they intended a vaguely anime esque style with PSO2. There are many games that have shown much more realistic people although PSO2 purposely diverges from this.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 8, 2015, 03:06 PM

Could be any combination of at least 2 of the following:

-PSO2 character creator cannot replicate quite a few anime styles well (which is a bit ironic)
-Whoever models the characters for collab shsowcases sucks at character creator
-They don't care enough for just these ads

I would trust a player to make a better lucy given time.

Poyonche
Oct 8, 2015, 03:31 PM
Wait, is it going to be a scheduled only quest ?

Meeeeeeeeh, guess it's time for more unscheluded Naberius Forest.

TaigaUC
Oct 8, 2015, 04:12 PM
The problem is 3d modeled anime faces tends to create strange when shaded and lit via normal means.
Well, the same problem exists with real people's faces, to some degree.
That's why we have to use fancy lightning techniques to make people's faces look nice in photos and media.

For 3d models, there's the method of adjusting the surface normals so that they will be shaded in a way that looks like anime.
Another method is to use toon/cel shading to simplify the shadows.
But the easiest way is to simply disable shading for the face and draw your own shadows in.
That way, the face will look nice regardless of light/shadow/angle. That's the method most people use.
You can see it in games like Neptunia, the Atelier series, and many MMD models.

PSO2 doesn't do any of the above. That's why faces often look strange.
What I'm wondering is whether they will change this for Reborn.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the only closeup face they showed screens of was a Caseal's masked face.
They may have something up their sleeve that they don't want to show us yet. They did say it's still WIP.
Or perhaps faces still look awful and they don't want us to know.