PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard updated, now PSO2 crashes on intro

Jay6
Oct 8, 2015, 08:41 PM
A friend of mine can't get her game to run anymore after the game was down for maintenance (October 7th 2015), and Gameguard updated. When the game starts, it opens the PSO2 window, the mouse cursor appears, and sometimes it'll play the SEGA logo, but it'll just hang on that. No error box appears, it just simply doesn't respond. She tried to do a fresh install the game, and that didn't fix anything. Added gameguard/pso2 to her antivirus' whitelist (MSE), didn't fix. Turned off her antivirus, didn't fix. Windows Defender is disabled. Deleted the GameGuard folder, and it redownloaded; didn't fix. Ran file checks, didn't fix. Also, these tests were done using the official launcher and tweaker.

Ram: 4GB
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 7790

If anyone has any idea what is going on, please help out. I've been trying to look up a solution for a while now, but I have yet to see one.

Note: I posted this in the tech forum, but it doesn't seem to get much traffic there, so this is a repost.

ZER0 DX
Oct 8, 2015, 09:44 PM
Have her delete the three translation files in the pso2_bin folder and have tweaker redownload them then launch the game. Had that fix a similar issue of mine before.

Jay6
Oct 8, 2015, 10:05 PM
Have her delete the three translation files in the pso2_bin folder and have tweaker redownload them then launch the game. Had that fix a similar issue of mine before.

Which do you mean "translation" files? Do you mean the folders "de" "fr" "ru" or "translation.bin" "translator.dll"... there's only two of those. Either way, how do you redownload the files from the tweaker?

Okay, it still fixed nothing breaksux. Is there anything else it could be? Would getting rid of the tweaker help at all, or does that not affect anything? Then again, it all just started to happen when GameGuard updated after the maintenance. I even gave her my GameGuard folder, and that didn't fix either.

Shinamori
Oct 8, 2015, 11:42 PM
Tell her to try rendownload or doing a full file check.

Jay6
Oct 8, 2015, 11:50 PM
Tell her to try rendownload or doing a full file check.

"She tried to do a fresh install the game, and that didn't fix anything."
Ran file checks, didn't fix.

Sometimes I'm not sure if people read the post, but thanks for the suggestion anyways. We're thinking it might be something unrelated to GameGuard, but it still can't be ruled out.

Nyansan
Oct 9, 2015, 12:07 AM
Have you tried deleting / remaking the GameGuard folder? Had the same issue before and was fixed by deleting gameguard folder so the game redownloads a fresh copy at start

wefwq
Oct 9, 2015, 12:09 AM
Make sure that there's no other program/background process interfering with GG.
GG recent update was shaddy as fuck.
For some reason it being more sensitiv to other program's process, it even kill my music player so i have to launch it first before launching PSO2...

Jay6
Oct 9, 2015, 12:09 AM
Have you tried deleting / remaking the GameGuard folder? Had the same issue before and was fixed by deleting gameguard folder so the game redownloads a fresh copy at start

Deleted the GameGuard folder, and it redownloaded; didn't fix.

SoulSighTy
Oct 9, 2015, 01:11 AM
Have same problem, here I do before lunch the game.(Untill they fix it.)

If you have AMD Gaming Evolved install in your PC.(It's red icon in the taskbar.) Close it.
Edit: Or just go to PSO2 in Library tap and remove / in track gameplay. This may stop gaining point by online this game but it will prevent GG block it.

TaigaUC
Oct 9, 2015, 05:09 AM
By doesn't respond, I assume the mouse cursor within PSO2 cannot be moved?

KLMS1
Oct 9, 2015, 07:17 AM
I had something similar - within anywhere between ten seconds and about two minutes of starting the game, it'd just... freeze. There'd be that blue loading-circle cursor thingy, I could move the actual mouse cursor around, but the game simply wouldn't respong and clicking anythwere on the screen popped up an error message about program not reponding, terminate?

Eventually turned out the problem was Raptr. Turning that off fixed the problem.

Aeris
Oct 9, 2015, 07:41 AM
By doesn't respond, I assume the mouse cursor within PSO2 cannot be moved?

He means the game will get the "Not Responding" message and the client will freeze and turn light white when he does try to interact with it frozen.

RadiantLegend
Oct 9, 2015, 08:03 AM
I had something similar - within anywhere between ten seconds and about two minutes of starting the game, it'd just... freeze. There'd be that blue loading-circle cursor thingy, I could move the actual mouse cursor around, but the game simply wouldn't respong and clicking anythwere on the screen popped up an error message about program not reponding, terminate?

Eventually turned out the problem was Raptr. Turning that off fixed the problem.

Had same problem last night and that fixed it.

Jay6
Oct 9, 2015, 02:31 PM
Have same problem, here I do before lunch the game.(Untill they fix it.)

If you have AMD Gaming Evolved install in your PC.(It's red icon in the taskbar.) Close it.
Edit: Or just go to PSO2 in Library tap and remove / in track gameplay. This may stop gaining point by online this game but it will prevent GG block it.

Thanks for the responses! This seemed to have solved the issue for now.