PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Subpalette casting problem

milranduil
Oct 11, 2015, 05:27 AM
I'm having some difficulty with step/mirage cancelling with techs/compounds cast from subpalette. I have a clip demonstrating the problem (which also brings up an additional mystery I can't figure out that is probably connected).

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWzSe1GIsXg
[/spoiler-box]

I play kb/m. What you see is me holding subpalette1 from my mouse (logitech g600, but the same thing happens if I use numpad to do this also), and then press shift to dash out of the charge. The quick menu comes up when I press subpal1 (numpad1) + shift, but I have shortcut windows set to ctrl + numpad. I have no idea how this even happens. The fourth time you see, I press shift to dash out of the tech, and the tech charges and holds itself... I'm literally not touching my kb when it's doing that until I press numpad1 again and the tech casts.

If anyone has had this problem before, or an idea, please respond because this shit is frustrating lol.

milranduil
Oct 11, 2015, 06:21 AM
I managed to make the quick menu thing go away... turns out it was just shift + numpad behaving normally by inputing NumpadEnd/PgDn etc. which were hotkeys to pso2. However, the tech charging thing while pushing nothing still an issue. If I change dash to another key, I can step cancel normally, but then I'd have to basically re-learn how to play the game... trying to avoid that! It has something to do with shift, but idk.

landman
Oct 11, 2015, 06:24 AM
I'd change dodge to anything else that's not shift,not sure why the game thinks shift is ctrl, maybe it's a mechanical problem or an error with the mouse binds.

milranduil
Oct 11, 2015, 06:28 AM
I'd change dodge to anything else that's not shift,not sure why the game thinks shift is ctrl, maybe it's a mechanical problem or an error with the mouse binds.

It happens if I use the tech from numpad too though, so it can't be a mouse issue.

milranduil
Oct 11, 2015, 06:51 AM
Apparently, if I immediately tap the same tech again during the step/mirage, the tech won't try to re-cast after said step/mirage... which is ok until I'd want to tech cancel dash.

Maenara
Oct 11, 2015, 12:57 PM
Apparently, if I immediately tap the same tech again during the step/mirage, the tech won't try to re-cast after said step/mirage... which is ok until I'd want to tech cancel dash.

That's an exploit of mechanics anyways, so you're good. :wacko:

milranduil
Oct 11, 2015, 07:43 PM
pressing step is an exploit, right forgot Kappa

Maenara
Oct 11, 2015, 10:17 PM
pressing step is an exploit, right forgot Kappa

Damn straight. :wacko: