Phantom Man Assault - enemy/en_phantom_man_assault.ice
Phantom Man Gun - enemy/en_phantom_man_gun.ice
Phantom Heli - enemy/en_phantom_heli.ice
Phantom Rat - enemy/en_ptm_rat_a.ice
Phantom Rat Rare - enemy/en_ptm_rat_rare.ice
Phantom Bird - enemy/en_ptm_crow_a.ice
Phantom Bear A - enemy/en_phantom_bear_a.ice
Phantom Bear B - enemy/en_phantom_bear_b.ice

Phantom Rex and Phantom Train are bosses. The presence of "Test:PhantomTrain" in its data indicates that Phantom Train will probably contain a unique mechanic to its fight. It's present for most enemies with unique mechanics to them.

New enemy attack data:
[spoiler-box]
\ „ Ì 4 | ¤ ì ¤ ì  \ \ p 4 H Ä D Œ ´ ü 0 x Ô  œ °  T T l Ä   ski  H B PhantomTrainTrainShotShock PhantomTrainTrainShot PhantomTrainPantographShockA PhantomTrainPantographThunderA PhantomTrainPantographThunder Shock1 PhantomTrainAnger PhantomTrain:Anger PhantomTrainClearSnowShot PhantomTrainClearSnowShotA Freeze1 PhantomTrainPantographShock PhantomTrainStamp PhantomTrainStraight PhantomRollerBedrock PhantomTrainHeadAttack PhantomTrainConnectorSting PhantomTrainStraightShock PhantomTrainClearSnowBlow PhantomTankVulcan PhantomBirdRushAttackA PhantomBirdCloneShot PhantomTankFireThrow PhantomTankFireThrowA Burn1 PhantomTankAnger PhantomTank:Anger PhantomRollerCrashRush PhantomRollerStoneShot PhantomBirdRushAttack SkillHit PhantomRollerCrashShock PhantomTankTackle PhantomTankSpinAttack PhantomTankCannon PhantomTankCannonExp PhantomTankMissile PhantomTankNapalm PhantomTankNapalmA [/spoiler-box]

Looks like Phantom Tank is also a boss.

Kondibon
Oct 13, 2015, 10:32 PM
Phantom Tank - enemy/en_phantomtank_a.ice
Phantom Heli Rare - enemy/en_phantom_heli_rare.ice

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/a/a8/Infested_Tank.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101212225459

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/4/4b/Infested_Chopper.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101212225551

:wacko:

Shadowth117
Oct 13, 2015, 10:33 PM
The presence of "Test:PhantomTrain" in its data indicates that Phantom Train will probably contain a unique mechanic to its fight. It's present for most enemies with unique mechanics to them.

It better be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u84cH_bmTA

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2015, 10:33 PM
I linked this before, but I'm expecting this for Phantom Train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJg_rBVak14

Edit: Semi-ninja'd.

Selphea
Oct 13, 2015, 10:37 PM
Hopefully Phantom Train isn't a reskinned Rodos where you stand on a train station or something.

Shadowth117
Oct 13, 2015, 10:41 PM
I linked this before, but I'm expecting this for Phantom Train.

??14?MMD????vs ??? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJg_rBVak14)

Edit: Semi-ninja'd.

This is amazing

Hopefully Phantom Train isn't a reskinned Rodos where you stand on a train station or something.

I'm actually okay with this if its not too crazy obvious.

Maenara
Oct 13, 2015, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it used Rodos' bone structure. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Renvalt
Oct 13, 2015, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it used Rodos' bone structure. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

If it's a train, I could imagine it detaching from the top-rail to affix onto the bottom rail or something like that.

I mean, Rodos is like the only boss of its kind right now, yeah? He's both a Field Boss and an E-Code special; not to mention his fight is like the most unique in game (not counting Magatsu and Vibras, the latter of whom you can find outside of his intended mission).

I'd honestly be down for another Rodos clone. But... do things a bit different this time, if you please. Like, I dunno, hooks from the side to access a weak point on top of it (think FFXIV's Bismarck - you use two Dragonkillers to get on its back, and it does a knockback onto the main platform if you're still on it when it breaks free).

Just... try not to make it 100% Rodos clone, SEGA, if you can.

Maenara
Oct 13, 2015, 10:52 PM
Rodos is the kind of boss that easily becomes a completely different fight, just by modifying the behavior. Compare Coast Rodos to Facility Rodos, they're not even close to being similar outside of looks.
Apply the same type of change, on a new planet, slap on a new skin, bam, new boss. Most players won't even be able to tell it's the same bone-structure, Bal Rodos has an incredibly simply bone structure. It's a bunch of lines in a row, and then a fork at the head so Rodos can open its mouth.

New enemy attack data:
[spoiler-box]
\ „ Ì 4 | ¤ ì ¤ ì  \ \ p 4 H Ä D Œ ´ ü 0 x Ô  œ °  T T l Ä   ski  H B PhantomTrainTrainShotShock PhantomTrainTrainShot PhantomTrainPantographShockA PhantomTrainPantographThunderA PhantomTrainPantographThunder Shock1 PhantomTrainAnger PhantomTrain:Anger PhantomTrainClearSnowShot PhantomTrainClearSnowShotA Freeze1 PhantomTrainPantographShock PhantomTrainStamp PhantomTrainStraight PhantomRollerBedrock PhantomTrainHeadAttack PhantomTrainConnectorSting PhantomTrainStraightShock PhantomTrainClearSnowBlow PhantomTankVulcan PhantomBirdRushAttackA PhantomBirdCloneShot PhantomTankFireThrow PhantomTankFireThrowA Burn1 PhantomTankAnger PhantomTank:Anger PhantomRollerCrashRush PhantomRollerStoneShot PhantomBirdRushAttack SkillHit PhantomRollerCrashShock PhantomTankTackle PhantomTankSpinAttack PhantomTankCannon PhantomTankCannonExp PhantomTankMissile PhantomTankNapalm PhantomTankNapalmA [/spoiler-box]

Looks like Phantom Tank is also a boss.

Shadowth117
Oct 13, 2015, 10:53 PM
Rodos is the kind of boss that easily becomes a completely different fight, just by modifying the behavior. Compare Coast Rodos to Facility Rodos, they're not even close to being similar outside of looks.
Apply the same type of change, on a new planet, slap on a new skin, bam, new boss. Most players won't even be able to tell it's the same bone-structure, Bal Rodos has an incredibly simply bone structure. It's a bunch of lines in a row, and then a fork at the head so Rodos can open its mouth.

Yeah, but if its anything like the last game, watch us get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0mSIpxJPU

versus this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn9XCBjroow

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 13, 2015, 10:58 PM
Yeah, but if its anything like the last game, watch us get this:

PSU 360 : RDV FR 26 février 2011 - Dark Falz 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0mSIpxJPU)

versus this:

PSU Ambition of Illuminus - De Rol Le - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn9XCBjroow)

Can we just pretend that NONE of PSU's shitty bosses ever happened?

Maenara
Oct 13, 2015, 11:00 PM
Phantom Train can inflict Freeze status, Shock status, and Burn status.

Shadowth117
Oct 13, 2015, 11:03 PM
Phantom Train can inflict Freeze status, Shock status, and Burn status.

Seems interesting although freeze sounds annoying. You mentioned before something about the appearance of some of them. I don't suppose you have any model previews to show on them, mangled or not? It'd be cool to see if so.

Maenara
Oct 13, 2015, 11:04 PM
Probably no models. Ultimate Amduscia models are still not in the client.

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2015, 11:25 PM

Oh man. I want to see Bal Lodos replaced with a train model. Thomas the Tank Engine would work.
Keep the environment the same, of course.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 14, 2015, 12:05 AM
Inb4 were fighting against an army of phantoms from a dead Planet Coral/Earth.

DrCatco
Oct 14, 2015, 01:38 AM
For the phantom train, I think it's like when Elder hands join and travel across the platform.

KLMS1
Oct 14, 2015, 02:28 AM
For the phantom train, I think it's like when Elder hands join and travel across the platform.

With 120% more cartoony choo-choo noises!

landman
Oct 14, 2015, 02:32 AM
I really want to see those enemies soon, just to be sure my fears don't come true... IF Oni-Japan world looked out of place in a Phantasy Star game, Metal Gear world would look worse (well, not really, but still strange).

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 02:45 AM
IF Oni-Japan world looked out of place in a Phantasy Star game, Metal Gear world would look worse (well, not really, but still strange).Really? A sci-fi area would be strange in a sci-fi game?

Maenara
Oct 14, 2015, 02:49 AM
Isn't Tranmizer basically Metal Gear?
I wouldn't know, never played MGS.

KLMS1
Oct 14, 2015, 02:53 AM
Too small and lacks NUCLEAR WEAPONS, AFAIK.

landman
Oct 14, 2015, 02:54 AM
The most scy-phy Metal Gear has is... Metal Gear... and it's just a vertical tank. Of course, tanks, VT, helis don't necesarily need to be realistic, in fact PSU had tanks (and you used one in Story mode), it all depends on how they look...

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 02:54 AM
Isn't Tranmizer basically Metal Gear?
I wouldn't know, never played MGS.I was going to bring that up too, but I felt like it should be obvious.

Here's a picture of Metal Gear Rex though (https://media.archonia.com/images/samples/44/02/184402_s4.jpg).

And tranmiser for comparison (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tranmizer-humanoid.jpg)

The most scy-phy Metal Gear has is... Metal Gear... and it's just a vertical tank. Of course, tanks, VT, helis don't necesarily need to be realistic, in fact PSU had tanks (and you used one in Story mode), it all depends on how they look...Well you compared it to Harukotan, which really only didn't fit because it was too on the nose with real life stuff. I could see it clashing if it's like blatantly real life modern looking stuff (unless that's literally where the plot is going, which would be... interesting).

Maenara
Oct 14, 2015, 02:58 AM
I was going to bring that up too, but I felt like it should be obvious.

Here's a picture of Metal Gear Rex though (https://media.archonia.com/images/samples/44/02/184402_s4.jpg).

And tranmiser for comparison (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tranmizer-humanoid.jpg)

Well you compared it to Harukotan, which really only didn't fit because it was too on the nose with real life stuff. I could see it clashing if it's like blatantly real life modern looking stuff (unless that's literally where the plot is going, which would be... interesting).

So tranmizer is Metal Gear + arms.

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 03:02 AM
So tranmizer is Metal Gear + arms.Also smaller, with less mechanical roars, and less nukes.

While we're on the topic. Metal Gear Rex is why I think that Phantom Rex enemy is a mecha, not a dinosaur. :wacko:

KLMS1
Oct 14, 2015, 03:13 AM
MG Rex is what you chop up in the intro level of Revengeance innit? That thing's like four stories plus tall.

Also had machineguns all over its legs or something.

Flaoc
Oct 14, 2015, 03:13 AM
So tranmizer is Metal Gear + arms.

and significantly smaller

femme fatale
Oct 14, 2015, 03:24 AM
Metal Gear!?
...it cant be!!!1

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 03:26 AM
EDIT: Found some size comparisons of Rex compaired to people (http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/8/21/131578_md-Metal%20Gear,%20Scale,%20Size%20Comparison,%20Tita n,%20Warhound.png) and Rex compaired to other metal gears (http://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Metal-Gear-Timeline.jpg)

I guess I'm just really excited about the idea of fighting an actual giant mecha instead of an ice samurai, a kaiju, or a land boat.

MG Rex is what you chop up in the intro level of Revengeance innit? That thing's like four stories plus tall.

Also had machineguns all over its legs or something.That was Ray, Rex is the one in the image I linked in an earlier post. It's a bit smaller than ray but not by much. Ray is like 3 times as wide if you include those weird gun wing things though. :wacko:

KLMS1
Oct 14, 2015, 03:29 AM
Oh, right. Now that I think about it it also had a huge-ass tail because making your mobile nuke launcher a giant mecha-dino totally makes sense in MGverse. (...wasn't there a giant crab tank in one game?)

Superia
Oct 14, 2015, 03:30 AM
The most scy-phy Metal Gear has is... Metal Gear... and it's just a vertical tank. Of course, tanks, VT, helis don't necesarily need to be realistic, in fact PSU had tanks (and you used one in Story mode), it all depends on how they look...

What about the bioelectrogenisis, cyborg ninjas, teleportation, nanomachines, various groups of soldiers with supernatural abilities, and the machines utilizing organic components everywhere?

Also, that one mag that came with the Episode 2 package is much closer to Metal Gear than Tranmizer is.

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 03:39 AM
What about the bioelectrogenisis, cyborg ninjas, teleportation, nanomachines, various groups of soldiers with supernatural abilities, and the machines utilizing organic components everywhere?Obligatory "Nanomachines son".

Also, that one mag that came with the Episode 2 package is much closer to Metal Gear than Tranmizer is.That one that looks like ray? I was specifically comparing Tranmizer to Rex.

Oh, right. Now that I think about it it also had a huge-ass tail because making your mobile nuke launcher a giant mecha-dino totally makes sense in MGverse.Don't forget that they also roar.

And also don't forget that Irvings exist and Irvings moo and shit all over stuff.

Just like real robots. :U

EDIT:
"Being bio-mechanical, a Gekko had a circulatory system that used blood to nourish its legs. If cut or shot, its legs would bleed. Since they were made of living muscle tissue, the legs produced lactic acid which build up with muscle activity. This acid had to be expelled periodically. Gekko did this via a release of accumulated lactic acid as a yellow-green liquid from an orifice between the hips.

Gekko communicate by lowing like cattle or chirping like cicadas; their footsteps also resemble the sound of a horse trot. If shot in the head with sufficiently high caliber ammunition, they would squeal on the bullet's impact. Should they fell over on their backs due to damaged or otherwise incapacitated legs, they would screech like wounded, frightened animals. Catastrophic damage elicited a loud groan before the unit collapses and explodes. Gekkos were designed to replicate the sounds of these "peaceful" animals in order to cause enemy soldiers to psychologically lower their guard on the battlefield."

KLMS1
Oct 14, 2015, 03:47 AM
What about the bioelectrogenisis, cyborg ninjas, teleportation, nanomachines, various groups of soldiers with supernatural abilities, and the machines utilizing organic components everywhere?

"He's Romanian! He's a wizard with knives! ...oh, and he's a vampire I guess"
"what"
--
"After a while, you just stop asking these questions."

Superia
Oct 14, 2015, 03:48 AM
Obligatory "Nanomachines son".

It was your duty.

That one that looks like ray? I was specifically comparing Tranmizer to Rex.

Essscuse me for thinking you meant the non-pleb Metal Gear.

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 03:51 AM
Essscuse me for thinking you meant the non-pleb Metal Gear.They're both cool in their own way. ; w;

Renvalt
Oct 14, 2015, 04:17 AM
Essscuse me for thinking you meant the non-pleb Metal Gear.

Oooooooo-oo-oo-oo-oohhh no you didn't! You did NOT just say that Metal Gear Rising was the superior version of Metal Gear. You did NOT just call MGS the Metal Gear for plebian peasant scum.

Son, you better watch yo' back. Some people may not take too kindly to you dissing Kojima's pride and joy like that.

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2015, 04:30 AM
Oooooooo-oo-oo-oo-oohhh no you didn't! You did NOT just say that Metal Gear Rising was the superior version of Metal Gear. You did NOT just call MGS the Metal Gear for plebian peasant scum.

Son, you better watch yo' back. Some people may not take too kindly to you dissing Kojima's pride and joy like that.Ray originated in MGS2, And Superia never said anything about the games, just the gears.

TaigaUC
Oct 14, 2015, 05:39 AM
So, going by all the new enemy names, I think we can now safely assume that the new planet is based on Metal Gear.
Perhaps the Phantom prefix refers to Metal Gear Solid 5 - The Phantom Pain.

The only enemy name I don't recall seeing in that game is the Phantom Train. Hopefully that'll be from Final Fantasy 6.

Maenara
Oct 14, 2015, 05:40 AM
Wouldn't be the first time Sega referenced stuff by Konami in PSO2.

TaigaUC
Oct 14, 2015, 05:42 AM
Really? What else is there?

Great Pan
Oct 14, 2015, 06:55 PM
For a moment, I read as Phantom Pain.

Maenara
Oct 14, 2015, 06:59 PM
Really? What else is there?

Duel Gazes.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 13, 2015, 11:27 AM
Well I know its a little late to say this but does anyone wonder if Episode 4 would be the Mother Brain Chapter for PSO2?

Rakurai
Nov 13, 2015, 07:55 PM
If the upcoming story chapter is any indication, it seems like the focus is still going to be on the Darkers, Dark Falz, and Profound Darkness.

PokeminMaster
Nov 13, 2015, 08:00 PM
If the upcoming story chapter is any indication, it seems like the focus is still going to be on the Darkers, Dark Falz, and Profound Darkness.
That probably finishes everything up to be honest, given that we'll likely try and destroy Apprentice

Mattykins
Nov 13, 2015, 08:03 PM
Man, the only real hint to anything in Ep4 is that weird loli that appeared in the trailer for the next MB. Between that loli and the cutesy pets, I'm afraid Ep4's gonna go full cutesy :c

PokeminMaster
Nov 13, 2015, 08:06 PM
Man, the only real hint to anything in Ep4 is that weird loli that appeared in the trailer for the next MB. Between that loli and the cutesy pets, I'm afraid Ep4's gonna go full cutesy :c
She's going to be in Chapter 3-EX I'm pretty sure, which is the setup for TD4; but then again, she could carry over I guess

Kilich
Nov 15, 2015, 08:58 AM
Maybe Arks will retake one of their lost planets?

Also, I kinda wish they made a prequel game. When Photoners sacrificed their photon powers to seal PD and had to create ARKS. The first decades of that, when ARKS, aside from newmen, mostly used vehicles with photon weaponry, would probably make a decent game.

KLMS1
Nov 15, 2015, 09:14 AM
Maybe Arks will retake one of their lost planets?

Not like they have any, what with being a spaceborne civilisation and all that.

CrossOmega
Nov 18, 2015, 09:04 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]Loli megami-sama is oldprentice minus the prentice[/SPOILER-BOX]