PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue since the last update

Karen Erra
Oct 15, 2015, 03:42 PM
So, ever since the last update I'm having a very weird issue. I don't know why, but ever since we got that new lobby in the update, I'm having a lot of trouble with slowdown/lag. But as weird as it is, this slowdown is ONLY happening in the lobby. While I'm in missions or in my room, everything runs perfectly smooth and fine, but in the lobby it's like the frames are dropping for no reason...

Does anyone else have trouble similar to this? I did most common stuff, like checking for new graphics card drivers and stuff, didn't help. I thought of a graphical issue, so I set the game down to simple shaders and switched to the built in Intel graphics, but the same stuff is still happening.

My system specs:
Intel Core i7-4710MQ, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX765M 2GB GDDR5 and PSO2 running on a solid state drive.

I never had any issues running the game with my laptop, and it's really confusing me that all this is just since the last update we got.

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do, I would appreciate help. These constant frame drops are really irritating :-?

TaigaUC
Oct 15, 2015, 03:44 PM
When I organized a Magatsu run earlier, the game kept pausing every few seconds, was very jerky.

Haven't figured out what the problem is yet.
At first I thought it was Arks Mod Tool, and then I noticed it didn't even hook.

So... I'm also wondering if it's something to do with PSO2 itself.

Karen Erra
Oct 15, 2015, 03:48 PM
I mostly have problems in blocks that are like moderately full. I used to have some loading issues when the blocks are filled tight to 100% premium space. But with my tests now, as long as the blocks are empty, I don't encounter the problem in the lobby. If it's almost filled with the "normal" space, it starts doing thise little drops when walking.
Wondering too, if maybe the game has some issues since the super extended maintenance, but the people I asked yet, didn't seem to have problems. So I'm out of ideas why this is happening.

Lyrise
Oct 15, 2015, 03:55 PM
Problem lies with the game itself. I have 2 computers that are running into the same problem, and they're both beyond overkill in specs for running PSO2, both running unmodified installs of the game.

TaigaUC
Oct 15, 2015, 03:55 PM
Only started happening with this update, right? I mean, for everyone.
I don't have any problems in lobby, solo or Trick or Treat though.

Perhaps it's a very specific 3d model that's causing the problem?
Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
Last time, the Clone unit caused people to crash.

Karen Erra
Oct 15, 2015, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it started with this update. I didn't notice at first, but the fuller the blocks got, the worse it got.

Problem lies with the game itself. I have 2 computers that are running into the same problem, and they're both beyond overkill in specs for running PSO2, both running unmodified installs of the game.

Not that I wish this problems to anyone, but I'm glad I'm not totally alone with it. I thought my hardware crashed or something, but it wouldn't seem so, since everything else runs smooth.

EvilMag
Oct 15, 2015, 04:33 PM
Bad client. PSO2 and Gameguard are dicks.

TaigaUC
Oct 15, 2015, 04:37 PM
What's the recommended method for fixing a bad client?
Delete the files and let the launcher redownload?
Or grab a fresh installer off their website?

Does it actually reduce the amount of size PSO2 takes up?

Flaoc
Oct 15, 2015, 04:55 PM
literally as simple as restarting the game and hoping rng is on your side (yep client is rng)

Touka
Oct 15, 2015, 04:59 PM
I've been having a similar issue ever since this update.After the 2 sega screens and the nvidia screen it would take a certain amount of time before the title screen would load.The tunnel loading screen would lag and i'd have bad lag in lobby and noticeable lag in missions.

After some testing the issue seems to be remedied with higher frame limit and oddly enough making the game go fullscreen.Only seem to happen at 60 fps for some reason,i'm honestly baffled.

Angry_Ryudo
Oct 15, 2015, 06:15 PM
Sorry for the offtopic but, since the update, does anybody else notice that when entering a new area, the center square is already explored and you didn't even reach it?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 15, 2015, 06:18 PM
I believe this game has some error with memory control, after a long time afk in lobby, i will get serious stutter. But, after log out to ship select and log in again, stutter goes away. I doubt that relogging will erase cache or refreshing its occupied memory and thus reduce stutter

TaigaUC
Oct 15, 2015, 06:23 PM
My awful stutter was right after a clean reboot, so I dunno.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 15, 2015, 06:24 PM
I'm using original client now so i don't know about patched one
btw, check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNsKvaODlI

ZER0 DX
Oct 15, 2015, 06:41 PM
Sorry for the offtopic but, since the update, does anybody else notice that when entering a new area, the center square is already explored and you didn't even reached it?

Yep, thought it was something wrong on my end and just ignored it but good to see it's not just me.

Touka
Oct 15, 2015, 06:58 PM
Reinstalling the game did not fix the issue so I recommend either running at either 90 or 120 fps or trying fullscreen to solve the issue.Hopefully sega fixes this in a maintenance.

Flaoc
Oct 15, 2015, 07:51 PM
the fact u dont believe that its rng whether or not you will get a good or bad client upon startup is just plain ignorant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNsKvaODlI

red1228
Oct 15, 2015, 07:55 PM
Been having this issue for over a year, actually. Thought everyone had it.

I can take 12 Photon Blasts going off in a PSE CrossBurst & still get over 40 fp/s (though I probably won't be able to actually SEE anything), even with a weather effect going on. But as soon as a Lobby Block gets more than 70% full, I will get noticeable microstutters when going near unloaded players. Once those players are loaded, the stutter goes away. I think its tied or atleast partially related to how the game handles memory when loading character models.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 15, 2015, 08:19 PM
You can set it to load 50models and seems to smooth fps, but as time pass, client will take up enough memory and become stutter again. And, pso2 is a 32bit app which limits it to 4GB memory access, of course this shit can use more than 4GB

Karen Erra
Oct 16, 2015, 02:27 PM
I can only hope that Sega fixes this in some kind of maintenance, because this is stupid. If there is bunch of characters that are not loaded yet, the frames drop for me to like 1 fps, lol. That stutter is no fun, seriously....

You can set it to load 50models and seems to smooth fps, but as time pass, client will take up enough memory and become stutter again. And, pso2 is a 32bit app which limits it to 4GB memory access, of course this shit can use more than 4GB

I did this now. It seems a little bit better but not nearly as smooth as it used to be. Thanks for tip tho, I appreciate it.
God, why is this game so messed up to me now, I don't get it ._.

TaigaUC
Oct 16, 2015, 05:14 PM
Just in case, did you try installing the latest video card drivers?

Edit: Well, that was odd. I tried changing characters and got a "this feature is Premium Users only" message.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 16, 2015, 11:47 PM
Well, this shit really has serious problem, I have fps shot to 200 in 12/12MPA, stable at 160-200 even with shit tons of effect/pse. But loading into lobby makes it drops to 40-50.

Shadowth117
Oct 17, 2015, 12:00 AM
Well, this shit really has serious problem, I have fps shot to 200 in 12/12MPA, stable at 160-200 even with shit tons of effect/pse. But loading into lobby makes it drops to 40-50.

Loading in general will drop frames in most games by its nature. Having a good client can help though. You can see the difference between the game starting on a good or bad note here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNsKvaODlI

Its stupid that the game can start poorly, but it is worth keeping in mind that it happens and it happens the majority of the time for some people.

wefwq
Oct 17, 2015, 01:11 AM
Been having this issue for over a year, actually. Thought everyone had it.

I can take 12 Photon Blasts going off in a PSE CrossBurst & still get over 40 fp/s (though I probably won't be able to actually SEE anything), even with a weather effect going on. But as soon as a Lobby Block gets more than 70% full, I will get noticeable microstutters when going near unloaded players. Once those players are loaded, the stutter goes away. I think its tied or atleast partially related to how the game handles memory when loading character models.
Same here, this become more noticeable as the game receive more updates.
I hope EP4 deliver some kind of technical improvement, they going to give the game some graphic improvement after all.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 17, 2015, 02:27 AM
Reinstalling the game did not fix the issue so I recommend either running at either 90 or 120 fps or trying fullscreen to solve the issue.Hopefully sega fixes this in a maintenance.
Did some tests, and indeed, sega fucked up something with 60fps option. 90/120fps options somehow make things smooth like it was, less stutter.

Naoya Kiriyama
Oct 17, 2015, 05:14 AM
Sorry for the offtopic but, since the update, does anybody else notice that when entering a new area, the center square is already explored and you didn't even reached it?
Actually yeah, I'm a bit annoyed by this in the sense of OCD. It's a pretty minor glitch, but I wonder what causes it.

I can only hope that Sega fixes this in some kind of maintenance, because this is stupid.

Heh, I've been waiting for that since the Lilipa UQ update, which rekt the PSO2 performance drastically. There's no fix about it and more than 6 months already passed by playing at minimum, 30fps and some stuttering with some loading times. I got it "partially fixed" by adding fans to my laptop so uh... Point is, that probably will never happen.

wefwq
Oct 17, 2015, 05:57 AM
Actually yeah, I'm a bit annoyed by this in the sense of OCD. It's a pretty minor glitch, but I wonder what causes it.

Heh, I've been waiting for that since the Lilipa UQ update, which rekt the PSO2 performance drastically. There's no fix about it and more than 6 months already passed by playing at minimum, 30fps and some stuttering with some loading times. I got it "partially fixed" by adding fans to my laptop so uh... Point is, that probably will never happen.
They did put few drops of water to the fire.
By making some effect shittier.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 17, 2015, 11:28 AM
I have this problem too and on a pretty nice rig too.

4790K (4.6ghz) and GTX 980ti.

Infact i'm currently trying to hunt the "good client" Usually it takes me like 10 minutes but it's taking forever today.

I remember I made a topic about this a while ago, but half the people posting there didn't believe m or called me a liar xD

Shadowth117, you actually don't need to wait to get to the character select screen. On my rig I can tell if I have the good or bad client right from the start when the SEGA logo forms. If it forms smoothly then I got the "good client" if it forms "choppy" meaning there's a bunch of frame drops while its forming then I got the bad client.

Some people say that has nothing to do with it. But on my end it does. 100% of the time. If it forms smoothly there's a 100% chance that I got the "good client".

Seriously though, i'm tired of this shit already. Sometimes I want to quit over this bullshit. When the PS4 version comes out I will be giving that one a shot. If it runs better than the pc one I will be sure to move to that version.

TC, once you get the "good client" you will notice a huge difference in performance.

Azure Falcon
Oct 17, 2015, 11:32 AM
Same issue here, busy lobbies run like absolute ass - even the N64 would be ashamed of the framerate it runs at. Nothing to do with patches either since I noticed it just after the update when I was running the game vanilla.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 17, 2015, 11:53 AM
Yup this has nothing to do with english patches or anything. I'm currently running a vanilla game. I haven't bothered to download tweaker after reinstalling windows.

Also, finally found the good client :3

Touka
Nov 13, 2015, 03:45 PM
Anyone still have this problem?I thought it would've been gone when the Halloween update was removed but it's still there,Sega definitely broke something.

Shunx
Nov 13, 2015, 04:03 PM
I've had this issue for a while now. It's attempting to load all the characters in the lobby at once, but the limit prevents it.

As for the Magatsu issue lag, you can set the character load count to 13 since the max is 12(At least that's what I do. The lag has been going on for a while now that I've noticed, regardless of Good or bad client.

The only thing I really notice is when the game closes for no reason from heavy frame dropping.

Karen Erra
Nov 13, 2015, 04:07 PM
It's gotten a little better for me, ever since the halloween lobby is gone. But I still notice more stutter in busy lobbies than before. So idk what Sega messed up again.

Also, running the game now on my computer. So I do not only encounter it on my laptop.

aryayudhaprakasa2
Nov 16, 2015, 10:06 AM
I got the tunnel loading problem, you know the tunnel load screen thing when we go to gateship, login, or jump from gateship to Area or mission field. It took me 1-2 minutes to load, my ping is good 8ms and good internet connection, checked the missing/deleted file but nothing found. It happes sometimes not every time? anyone experienced it same as me?

Saffran
Nov 16, 2015, 10:37 AM
Maybe check for disk errors? I had that issue, did a file check which took hours for some reason (instad of 5 minutes normally), attempted a repair on disk errors, and for now the tunnel thing is gone.
The lobby is still slow as hell and the game idles at the end of tunnels (only when I get to the lobbies). I have no idea what's up with that...

wefwq
Nov 16, 2015, 01:51 PM
I got the tunnel loading problem, you know the tunnel load screen thing when we go to gateship, login, or jump from gateship to Area or mission field. It took me 1-2 minutes to load, my ping is good 8ms and good internet connection, checked the missing/deleted file but nothing found. It happes sometimes not every time? anyone experienced it same as me?
A very rare case for me, it only happen if the server are congested on peak time.
If it's happen way too often for you, check if your hard disk LED are flashing or not (or just use resource monitor to check for PSO2 process) if it's accessing your disk and your game load very slowly, something might be wrong with your disk, try to move the game folder into different partition/ entirely different harddisk and see if the problem still persist.
But if the game appear to be not accessing your disk during loading tunnel, then that mean the game server doesn't respond and give reply properly to your game client, check if your internet connection are lagging or not, and if you're using VPN/Proxy make sure those things don't cause that problem for you.