PDA

View Full Version : When the"I don't try hard, i play for fun"mentality affects the fun of other players

Tunga
Oct 17, 2015, 02:40 AM
In a taco pt i hosted before update someone joined with a Hu/X combo or so i thought. They were using a camo for their sword so i didn't bother checking their gear/class w/e. Start the TA run and i saw that they used foie with their sword. Checked the gear and turns out he was using FoHu with a 38% dark lind cray sword(dont know why Hu when that sword has S bite built-in)
So i asked why he has using that combo on a ta run. And blah blah potential seems good blah sword PA. Another person in the pt explained politely why that combo is not good and what he can do to get better tech damage and be more effective. The FoHu says "I don't spend all day playing this game to get good" "So why not go talk numbers to other losers like you".

I rarely kick people out of my pt but what he said was just uncalled for and immature. He was also extremely slow in the taco run and the rest of the party had to pick up the slack. Luckily we didn't give him advice on the strats or else he would have exploded or something.

TL//DR Try to help novice players out get acid spit in the face. why the need to ruin the fun?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 17, 2015, 02:57 AM
Next time, just do some gearcheck then kick those bloody scrubs out of pt and give them a place in blacklist. It's not worth the hassle, you can find people like him in almost every MMO, they are just everywhere.

P/S: The less fuck you give, the happier you are

SolRiver
Oct 17, 2015, 03:23 AM
should all leave and let him do it alone. Then he can realize how much fun he has at being lousy.

personally, taco is easy enough that i just carry the rest. Just press button for me and I'm happy.

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2015, 03:33 AM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28100000/Umadbro-blindbandit92-28180382-280-280.jpg

Morgan Fumi
Oct 17, 2015, 03:46 AM
I encountered someone the other day who didn't have a subclass set. When I asked why, they said "it makes things more fun that, otherwise its too easy".

Well then get the hell out of the MPA, then.

Stickboy
Oct 17, 2015, 03:52 AM
actually, alot of the content is too easy now though

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2015, 03:52 AM
I encountered someone the other day who didn't have a subclass set. When I asked why, they said "it makes things more fun that, otherwise its too easy".

sho koool :-D

Shadowth117
Oct 17, 2015, 03:54 AM
There seems to be a certain propensity for people in the English community to play with this methodology and its really very unfortunate. The best thing you can do is disallow them from your runs and to kick them if you see them, making sure to note why. In MPAs, it can't always be avoided, but if you play in the right Japanese blocks for the difficulty you're running for EQ's, you usually run into okay people for the most part. And of course, there's organized runs if you have that option.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 17, 2015, 03:54 AM
>he actually checks ppl gears during tacos

why don't you just run tacos alone or with ppl you already know/trust?

tbqh fam

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 17, 2015, 04:01 AM
This still a thing going on?

Do i count as one of those if i semi-quit and log on once a month just to up my costume game?

Stil holding onto my pot 3 11 stars. Not interested in grinding 12 stars any time soon. Gonna wait until they make 12 star grinding=11 star grinding.

cheeto
Oct 17, 2015, 04:07 AM

Someone applied to join my team, and on the application he wrote that he leveled Hunter to 75 with no mag, no subclass, and an ungrinded gunslash, and that his skill at the game is probably better than everyone in our team for doing so....I got a good laugh out of it, but still didn't blacklist the guy and was friendly to him, then I learned he also drags around alt accounts in mpa's in the premium blocks to get dbl drops, essentially having everyone super carry him, this dude earned a good spot on my blacklist lol

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2015, 04:10 AM
This still a thing going on?

Do i count as one of those if i semi-quit and log on once a month just to up my costume game?

Stil holding onto my pot 3 11 stars. Not interested in grinding 12 stars any time soon. Gonna wait until they make 12 star grinding=11 star grinding.

funny thing is.. it really is equal now

EvilMag
Oct 17, 2015, 04:19 AM
Someone applied to join my team, and on the application he wrote that he leveled Hunter to 75 with no mag, no subclass, and an ungrinded gunslash, and that his skill at the game is probably better than everyone in our team for doing so....I got a good laugh out of it, but still didn't blacklist the guy and was friendly to him, then I learned he also drags around alt accounts in mpa's in the premium blocks to get dbl drops, essentially having everyone super carry him, this dude earned a good spot on my blacklist lol
really don't get why people need to do self-imposed challenges in a multiplayer coop game with pugs. Granted I've some some stupid ones but it was mostly me just soloing or doing it with teammates (Before C-mode, we did a ghetto c-mode on AQs. Got some laughs out of it)

wefwq
Oct 17, 2015, 04:34 AM
Literally B-001 tier.
When will PSO2 private server/offline being a thing so these kind of guy can have fun by themself rather than dragging everyone else?

Kondibon
Oct 17, 2015, 04:40 AM
I'm glad I go out of my way to avoid people.

GHNeko
Oct 17, 2015, 05:14 AM
OP makes me sad because I'm pretty sure my HuFo is 3x better than the FoHu OP is complaining about but no one will know because all they will see is me running HuFo and not even bother letting me show off my skillz.

orz

Z-0
Oct 17, 2015, 05:17 AM
Oh man... I know who this is as well. You totally blacklisted him unfairly! You didn't let him show his skills to you!! :(

Asked about joining our team at one point too, got a satisfying "no."

Shadowth117
Oct 17, 2015, 05:21 AM
Oh man... I know who this is as well. You totally blacklisted him unfairly! You didn't let him show his skills to you!! :(

Asked about joining our team at one point too, got a satisfying "no."

Oh don't you worry... he was given a chance. There's an unlisted video of it.

Kondibon
Oct 17, 2015, 05:27 AM
OP makes me sad because I'm pretty sure my HuFo is 3x better than the FoHu OP is complaining about but no one will know because all they will see is me running HuFo and not even bother letting me show off my skillz.

orzI don't think any amount of skill can make up for the lack of synergy there... That's a really low bar anyway.

GHNeko
Oct 17, 2015, 05:32 AM
Relatively speaking, Kondibon my man.

HuFo is probably better than what most people think anyways; based on my experiments and experience with the class itself. It surprised me when I found out that Hu has synergy with Fo. Period.

That aside, I'm aware it's not on the same level as the more standard build.

I guess all I'm getting at is that I can sympathize with OP because as a result, niggas like me who play all the retarded builds that everyone shits on, and takes them to a higher level so that they're tolerable in MPAs and not in the "carry me senpai" camp; get the short end of the stick because gear checks will prob get me in more trouble than it should because of casual players who pull the shit described in this thread.

Being good at the game while understand your builds, the game, and minmaxing appropriately makes even the most retarded builds decent enough to not get on people's nerves in MPAs.

Except Ra/Bo. That shit is hopeless.

Ofc, I keep my experimental builds out of certain parties and certain EQs where I know they cant too enough to reach the threshold of "not dead weight"; because I dont want people doing that shit to me when I'm using my more serious builds.

Kondibon
Oct 17, 2015, 05:36 AM
Relatively speaking, Kondibon my man.

HuFo is probably better than what most people think anyways; based on my experiments and experience with the class itself.

That aside, I'm aware it's not on the same level as the more standard build.

I guess all I'm getting at is that I can sympathize with OP because as a result, niggas like me who play all the retarded builds that everyone shits on, and takes them to a higher level so that they're tolerable in MPAs and not in the "carry me senpai" camp; get the short end of the stick because gear checks will prob get me in more trouble than it should because of casual players who pull the shit described in this thread.

Being good at the game while understand your builds, the game, and minmaxing appropriately makes even the most retarded builds decent enough to not get on people's nerves in MPAs.

Except Ra/Bo. That shit is hopeless.Fair enough. I play Te/Bo and Te/Ra a lot, not like I'm in a position to judge anyway. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Oct 17, 2015, 05:43 AM
I generally don't play with randoms.

But yeah, playing like utter crap in a group-oriented game while saying "I play for fun" is BS.
I've a bunch of JP friends who know they aren't strong, so they don't bother anyone.
If only the rest of the world could be so considerate.

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2015, 05:43 AM
Fair enough. I play Te/Bo and Te/Ra a lot, not like I'm in a position to judge anyway. :wacko:

while the te/bo has me going wat the te/ra is the ultimate pure support class shifta strike and wb

Kondibon
Oct 17, 2015, 05:52 AM
I generally don't play with randoms.

But yeah, playing like utter crap in a group-oriented game while saying "I play for fun" is BS.
I've a bunch of JP friends who know they aren't strong, so they don't bother anyone.
If only the rest of the world could be so considerate.I try to do that, but Magatsu is too tempting. I can always just bring Gunner though. Especially with the buffs.

while the te/bo has me going wat the te/ra is the ultimate pure support class shifta strike and wbTe/Bo is just for when I feel like being lazy. It's not strong but it's SUPER easy to play without being boring.

Te/Ra is redundant in decent MPAs (I assume that's what we're talking about), and in MPAs that aren't decent it doesn't add enough to carry the MPA on its own. It's great for soloing/duoing XQs though.

GHNeko
Oct 17, 2015, 05:57 AM
Te/Ra takes on 2 support roles in organized MPAs where I feel its most useful. Instead of having 1 TE/X and 1 RA/X or X/RA, and 10 DPS.

you can have 11 DPS!

I'd say the usefulness of Te/Ra extends faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar past XQs/TAs.

You just might be undervaluing your Te/Ra.

Kondibon
Oct 17, 2015, 06:03 AM
Te/Ra takes on 2 support roles in organized MPAs where I feel its most useful. Instead of having 1 TE/X and 1 RA/X or X/RA, and 10 DPS.

you can have 11 DPS!

I'd say the usefulness of Te/Ra extends faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar past XQs/TAs.

You just might be undervaluing your Te/Ra.Except classes like Ra/Hu, and Te/Br can do their support roles while still doing great damage. I personally think Te/Ra shines in situations where you can't have, or might not want both a Te/ and a Ra/ separately, which would be more likely for single party content than MPAs.

EDIT: For the record, I do agree that Te/Ra is the best support class combo, and it's certainly not awful. But I also feel that's all it really stands out at, and if you have the opportunity to take a separate Te/ and Ra/ you'd get more out of it.

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2015, 07:50 AM
>he actually checks ppl gears during tacos

why don't you just run tacos alone or with ppl you already know/trust?

tbqh fam

i gear check people in b31

you salty bro? (sometimes id rather run with jp's if "main group" isnt around)

intoe
Oct 17, 2015, 09:27 AM
maybe you should just get better so then you can really show them your boss !

anywayss ,
i never accept teams and always play random :quickdraw:

Tunga
Oct 17, 2015, 09:43 AM
Its not about the class or gear really as i've seen worse when doing TA in B31 and generally don't really care. But attacking someone trying to help when you're slowing everyone else is idk. Other people would have kicked and BL on the spot lol.

KiroMatic
Oct 17, 2015, 10:17 AM
I haven't played any Phantasy Star game in years but I visit the forums here and there to see what's up.

I honestly feel like everyone cares way to much about all of this. If I seriously HAVE to run certain builds to play with you then it's completely pointless for me to play the game. I want to have fun MY way and as far as I know the game is designed to be playable under any circumstance so I don't see the big deal about people playing how they like.

If I have to go through this run or that run to get certain items then I will do it whether I have a crappy build or not. Maybe I'm just to inexperienced to understand or something? Cause this is seriously not making any sense.

Azure Falcon
Oct 17, 2015, 10:21 AM
while the te/bo has me going wat the te/ra is the ultimate pure support class shifta strike and wb

Te/Bo has really good support potential for dumb MPAs with Zondeel + Zanverse due to Territory Burst, Moment Gale and Wind Mastery. Nothing is better at keeping bursts going. And you've got all the usual support goodies like Shifta Strike, Critical Field, Deband Cut, Reverse Bonus etc. No WB access like Te/Ra but let's be fair, you're 100x more likely to have multiple WB users in the MPA than even a single Force/Techer that'll actually use Zondeel.

I mean sure, damage output is lame unless you're abusing Moment Gale all the time but any pure support build is always going to be bad in that respect. It has a use in EQs and AQs with randoms, but not really anywhere else.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 17, 2015, 10:24 AM
With a community as small as ours given a western release still isn't forthcoming there really isn't room to pick and chose who comes and who doesn't. you risk those you do turn away thinking the community is toxic and would drive further players away from the game.

final_attack
Oct 17, 2015, 10:29 AM
Te/Bo has really good support potential for dumb MPAs with Zondeel + Zanverse due to Territory Burst, Moment Gale and Wind Mastery. Nothing is better at keeping bursts going. And you've got all the usual support goodies like Shifta Strike, Critical Field, Deband Cut, Reverse Bonus etc. No WB access like Te/Ra but let's be fair, you're 100x more likely to have multiple WB users in the MPA than even a single Force/Techer that'll actually use Zondeel.

I mean sure, damage output is lame unless you're abusing Moment Gale all the time but any pure support build is always going to be bad in that respect. It has a use in EQs and AQs with randoms, but not really anywhere else.

Don't forget to use Life-steal JB for pure laziness (like I did) ...... combined with HealShare, damage done by Zanverse will also give you back some HP or overfill your HP (while face tanking the mobs), and share it around. 100% mindless MomentGale with some downtime for StrikeGust (buff purpose), GranWave (buff purpose), and activating fields :D

Granted if the players are too spread out, it's not good o-o

Tankotron
Oct 17, 2015, 10:34 AM
It's kind of lame since there's usually 2 types of baddies. The one that doesn't know or really understand things about the game. Guy invaded my tacos, he admitted he wasn't sure what to really do with all his SP or what was a good investment. So i helped him out.

But then there's idiots who THINK they know what they're doing but really don't. Aka the dumbasses that joined my Magatsu run as FO/RA and stayed on turrets the entire fight shooting its butt while claiming "my ranger means i'm good with turrets" These are the ones you kick cause there ain't no getting through to them.

KazukiQZ
Oct 17, 2015, 10:44 AM
^Agreed. Ones that don't know something but want to improve and don't mind criticism, is fine.

Then, there's the type that OP had described and what Tankotron said.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 17, 2015, 11:10 AM
I haven't played any Phantasy Star game in years but I visit the forums here and there to see what's up.

I honestly feel like everyone cares way to much about all of this. If I seriously HAVE to run certain builds to play with you then it's completely pointless for me to play the game. I want to have fun MY way and as far as I know the game is designed to be playable under any circumstance so I don't see the big deal about people playing how they like.

If I have to go through this run or that run to get certain items then I will do it whether I have a crappy build or not. Maybe I'm just to inexperienced to understand or something? Cause this is seriously not making any sense.

So you think its ok at this point to run super hard mode(not end game) and have retards with stupid gear (that you can npc) to drag the party down in something as EASY as a time attack? People can do all kinds of stupid builds but if someone is still struggling in super hard at this point they should pretty much quit the game.

Magicks
Oct 17, 2015, 11:17 AM

Because it's also an issue on how much weight everyone pulls. Ideally, you want everyone to be pulling your weight. Yes, I understand sometimes you have bad days and you just die over and over again. Yes, maybe your equipment isn't up to snuff, and your party members just have more time/have more luck. Okay. But intentionally doing shitty combinations because you can? lolno. I don't see why three members of the party, or 11 other people in the MPA have to deal with your shit because "I find it more fun."

In the case of TACOs, when some segments are dependent on killing something (pretty much NAB 1/2), I wouldn't want to be waiting forever while one guy, obviously gimping himself, take 15 minutes clearing one part.

This is even stressed in EQs since you'd want to get as many runs as possible. More runs= more rewards. More rewards = more money for costumes and strengthening your equipment.

I get that people want a challenge, and you want to do a lot of things and it's fun. But please do it on your own or with your own friends, and not hinder the 3 or 11 other people with you.

Shadowstarkirby
Oct 17, 2015, 11:22 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you guys. These people have LIVES. They can't be expected to gear themselves adequately, much less use good class combinations to kill stuff. Look up info on PSOW or Reddit? Blasphemy, they have so little time in their day while playing vidya gaems to find out on such things unlike you basement dwelling losers because their daily lives prevent them from spending 5 minutes to look up what they need to know. Why would any of you expect SO much of them??? Unreasonable. Let them use ungrinded random Luxe units and Lambaddie weapons as a Guard Stance Fo/Hu, it'll do good enough!!!

Tryhards. #playhowIwants

No, YOU care too little. Maybe you haven't realized for some weird reason, but the game is revolved around doing things fast, evident with EQs, CM, and TAs. You can have fun running with weapons you like, all of them are good in one way or another, but don't intentionally gimp yourself using class combos that have no business being with each other. If you want to run around with a shitty class combination, fine. Do as you wish. But only on your own time, by yourself, or with any other people that share your mindset. Don't go slowing down the other 8-11 people in the MPA who actually give a shit about their rewards. It's not fair to them.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 17, 2015, 11:44 AM

You don't have to run a specific build. You just need to not play like crap in a group game, or plug your ears with the excuse of 'I play for fun' when people offer constructive criticism or advice to get better.

With a community as small as ours given a western release still isn't forthcoming there really isn't room to pick and chose who comes and who doesn't. you risk those you do turn away thinking the community is toxic and would drive further players away from the game.

1. There's plenty of room to pick and choose. I do tacos with japanese players if need be. They tend not to play like garbage, and you don't need to communicate in tacos when you do them long enough.

2. If those players think this community is 'toxic' for having a problem with people who willingly play like crap, and hide behind the 'I play how I want' excuse, I don't care if they play the game or not (hell, I encourage them to not play the game to tank the quality of random MPAs even further with that BS).

Right now, the more english players I find in random MPAs for EQs like TD3, or magatsu, the worse run I'll have, and you defending that mentality doesn't make it any better. As much as I never want to make a blanket statement like that, it's freaking true. If you're trying to fault people like me for something, I promise you I have nothing to be guilty about. Stop trying to guilt trip players who get stuck in 10min+ magatsu runs, or terrible tower defense runs full of the terribad english players you're trying to defend. When we're not running with our teams/circles of friends, most of us would rather be in MPAs full of japanese players who are far more likely to know what they're doing.

a silver king
Oct 17, 2015, 11:44 AM
I really feel bad for the people who "play how they want for fun" if they are like that in real life, they can't be doing well

Z-0
Oct 17, 2015, 11:45 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Since this issue is apparently SO IMPORTANT that like 100 of you have to come to PSO-World everyday to complain about it, why not just play together instead of bitching about it? Yes, I know it sucks that people use the "I play for fun!!" excuse when they're not pulling their weight in co-operative content, but there's nothing you can do about it.

It's not that hard, take some initiative and the game is much more fun. :roll:

GoldenFalcon
Oct 17, 2015, 11:47 AM
Don't forget to use Life-steal JB for pure laziness (like I did) ...... combined with HealShare, damage done by Zanverse will also give you back some HP or overfill your HP (while face tanking the mobs), and share it around. 100% mindless MomentGale with some downtime for StrikeGust (buff purpose), GranWave (buff purpose), and activating fields :D

Granted if the players are too spread out, it's not good o-o

I do this as Bo/Hu. I have Moment Gale lifesteal boots and Powerkick boots with a high elemental damage potential (considering +100% gear boots for more spammy powerkicking)

In regards to the thread, I'm still trying to find the "play for fun" build for me that is still top tier, since I want to have pride in being powerful.

Naoya Kiriyama
Oct 17, 2015, 11:58 AM

Since this issue is apparently SO IMPORTANT that like 100 of you have to come to PSO-World everyday to complain about it, why not just play together instead of bitching about it? Yes, I know it sucks that people use the "I play for fun!!" excuse when they're not pulling their weight in co-operative content, but there's nothing you can do about it.

This.

It's even more apparent in CM when everyone bitches about how awful and terrible are MPAs, yet the CM MPA organize thread is buried somewhere in the forum.

It's not about you all wanting to organize and play with people. It's just playing as solo, trying (or not) being efficient, but if you play solo, you're risking to find anything out there.

Sayara
Oct 17, 2015, 12:13 PM

it does