PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you guys to find the "good client"

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 20, 2015, 05:15 AM
Sometime's it takes me up to 15 tries to get it.

Also, do any of you guys have tips or your own little methods of finding it?

Shadowth117
Oct 20, 2015, 05:24 AM
I'd recommend closing RAM hogging applications, Skype, Steam, etc, particularly on a system with 8GB or less. I'd also recommend closing other games or things that might be processor intensive while you're getting PSO2 started. You *can* get a perfect client with a bunch of stupid crap open, but it tends to be more likely if you have more resources free.

I wish I could offer more there, but in the end it really does come down to chance. All you can do is make it more likely. It would be nice if one day someone made an application to force optimal client or something that could change any client into one.

Flaoc
Oct 20, 2015, 05:41 AM
I'd recommend closing RAM hogging applications, Skype, Steam, etc, particularly on a system with 8GB or less. I'd also recommend closing other games or things that might be processor intensive while you're getting PSO2 started. You *can* get a perfect client with a bunch of stupid crap open, but it tends to be more likely if you have more resources free.

I wish I could offer more there, but in the end it really does come down to chance. All you can do is make it more likely. It would be nice if one day someone made an application to force optimal client or something that could change any client into one.

what i want to know is why it is random what kind of client you get

Ezodagrom
Oct 20, 2015, 05:53 AM
Don't have to find it since I never had the bad client issue.

Asuka~
Oct 20, 2015, 06:06 AM
Don't have to find it since I never had the bad client issue.

Go and see how much FPS you lose when swapping weapons in campship or see if you can penta without the game shitting on you. I usually restart once or twice and it seems smooth. I'm pretty sure you've had it, it's ok. :)

Ezodagrom
Oct 20, 2015, 06:21 AM
Go and see how much FPS you lose when swapping weapons in campship or see if you can penta without the game shitting on you. I usually restart once or twice and it seems smooth. I'm pretty sure you've had it, it's ok. :)
According to this post, there's a noticeable stutter when loading different character models in the character select screen when having a bad client, I never had that stutter.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3292013&postcount=102

Anyway, I'll check if I have drops when switching weapons when I get home later tonight, though either I'm just used to it, or the framerate drop is so small I don't even notice it.
Also I don't penta dash or anything like that, I barely even play the game anymore outside of casually doing TAs with friends.

milranduil
Oct 20, 2015, 06:24 AM
According to this post, there's a noticeable stutter when loading different character models in the character select screen when having a bad client, I never had that stutter.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3292013&postcount=102

Anyway, I'll check if I have drops when switching weapons when I get home later tonight, though either I'm just used to it, or the framerate drop is so small I don't even notice it.
Also I don't penta dash or anything like that, I barely even play the game anymore outside of casually doing TAs with friends.

everyone has fps drops when anyone switches to any weapon, it's simply a matter of how many frames you lose when the swap occurs. ws to empty hand being 1fps is considered a near optimal client. the stutter during char load is just a rough estimate that can help you seed out mediocre, bad, and ok-ish clients.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 20, 2015, 06:28 AM
I just repair gameguard and let it download fresh one, high chance of getting good client. And I found out that gamma correction antialiasing on Nvidia somehow messes up with pso2, but I need someone else to test it to confirm.

arkeido
Oct 20, 2015, 06:34 AM
Guess RNG always blessing me with "Good Client" then, never had problem like "bad client"
(maybe just because I don't have any stuff like steam/skype/etc running on background...or some good old PC build)

The only FPS drop I had is just when alt-tabbing back in game for few seconds (probably because nvidia inspector, never had FPS drop when alt-tabbing before using forced SSAO).

Ryziou
Oct 20, 2015, 06:36 AM
Takes me around 1-3 tries.

Z-0
Oct 20, 2015, 06:56 AM
Impossible.

I've never loaded Naberius I TA in 3 seconds despite having a much better PC than all my friends who can load it in 3 seconds. :\ I can feel the weapon switch frame drops too when playing, it's sad.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 20, 2015, 07:06 AM

I have been doing this lately and it has improved my chances it seems. If the RNG is good it usually takes me 3-5 tries. Once I get a "good" client I wont log off because i'll have to hunt it all over again.

I seriously think this game hate's some of us though. I wish my game ran butter smooth like some of your guy's here. It's not like I don't have the hardware for it to run perfectly and it's not a matter of lowering game settings, because this happens to me even on the lowest graphical settings.

One other odd thing, that no one has ever mention is the fact that this game also has micro-stuttering. I'm guessing i'm the only poor bastard this happens to though since I haven't seen any complaints of it.

The weird thing is that it only happens on windows 8.1 i've tested it by formatting back to windows 7 and the game runs fine without micro-stutter. However I still have to hunt the "good" client on windows 7 too that doesn't change.

But the move to 8.1 has introduced micro-stuttering on my end. Now you can say just move back to 7, haha I actually love windows 8.1 I know that's weird for many of you =P

So basically on my machine I have to deal with micro-stuttering and the bad client! Sega doesn't cut me any slack it seems.

One point to note though, the micro-stutter problem only happens if I have the game set to 60 fps mode i the launcher settings. If I set it to 90/120/Unlimited it goes away.

The problem with this is that my game runs like shit on anything other than the 60fps mode.

If I set my frame rate to unlimited I get these huge stutters when characters are loading in the lobby. Its like my game is freezing for a second everytime someone loads. The 60 fps settings offers the best performance along with the good client. I deal with the micro-stutter though. But that combo of settings (60fps and good client) seems to give me the best performance SEGA will ever give me it seems.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 20, 2015, 07:08 AM
@Z-0: If you are using Nvidia, set both Maximum Pre-rendered frames and Virtual Realitity Pre-rendered frames to Application Control, disable shader cache if your Cache folder is on HDD. Last thing is network, only god can help you if you have laggy connection

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 20, 2015, 07:16 AM
@Z-0: If you are using Nvidia, set both Maximum Pre-rendered frames and Virtual Realitity Pre-rendered frames to Application Control, disable shader cache if your Cache folder is on HDD. Last thing is network, only god can help you if you have laggy connection

Thank you for the tips hentai. I will try em out. The Nvidia cache is on an ssd though so I don't think that's a problem. Also, I been dealing with bad performance since pso2 launched pretty much lol. I had a toaster PC back then though so it made sense.

Also, i've been dealing with the bad client since way before Nvidia released the drivers that had the cache option.

My internet is decent, not the best but it's decent. I get 55mb's down and 5mb's up on speedtest.com and a ping of 12. That should be fine right?

My Nvidia setting for Maximum prerendered frames is already at that setting you suggested. The only one I need to change is the virtual reality one.

At this point i'm like "if my 980ti can't run this game perfectly smooth, then nothing will." lol

EDIT, ah hentai, I didn't know that tip wasn't for me XD Regardless I still looked it up :)

HentaiLolicon
Oct 20, 2015, 07:26 AM
^ My current settings, stutter in lobby is unavoidable. As I said in other thread, this game has problem with memory control, upon fresh login, things will be smooth. But, after loading enough stuff into RAM it will begin to stutter; you can just logout to ship select and login again to reset memory usage.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/owVCcza.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

arkeido
Oct 20, 2015, 07:36 AM
Impossible.

I've never loaded Naberius I TA in 3 seconds despite having a much better PC than all my friends who can load it in 3 seconds. :\ I can feel the weapon switch frame drops too when playing, it's sad.

AFAIK connection speed & latency also affect stage loading speed.
That's why you see japanese players somewhat load faster in TA even if they have lesser-spec PC.

BlankM
Oct 20, 2015, 08:29 AM
Running PSO2 on an SSD with a fresh reboot (Chrome and skype closed) it usually takes me 2-3 tries. If I don't get it after 3 tries I just play cuz ain't got time for that.

My framerate is locked at half my refresh rate (72/144) using MSI afterburner, which also overclocks my gpu a bit. Not sure if its relevant but I run the game at highest settings like this without problems if g0dclient. I also have a significantly worse card than you (R9 270) so its definitely possible.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 20, 2015, 08:57 AM
Dat 144Hz, meanwhile my GPU is capable of stable 200FPS and monitor is 60Hz

Z-0
Oct 20, 2015, 10:01 AM
AFAIK connection speed & latency also affect stage loading speed.
That's why you see japanese players somewhat load faster in TA even if they have lesser-spec PC.
Correct, but even with fibre, I load slower than one of my friends who has higher ping than me, which makes no sense. ?_?

The Walrus
Oct 20, 2015, 10:42 AM
why is this "good client" thing even a fuckin issue that exists

Ordy
Oct 20, 2015, 10:57 AM
Because ...

http://www42.homepage.villanova.edu/stephen.quinn/images/LogoSEGA.png

.Jack
Oct 20, 2015, 11:30 AM
Funny how I thought this was about being a IRL thing as in having a job dealing with actual (client) people at first not long ago.. lol

Having slight delays doesn't bother me so this isn't an issue for me, first log in is good as any other :D

Ezodagrom
Oct 20, 2015, 12:58 PM

everyone has fps drops when anyone switches to any weapon, it's simply a matter of how many frames you lose when the swap occurs. ws to empty hand being 1fps is considered a near optimal client. the stutter during char load is just a rough estimate that can help you seed out mediocre, bad, and ok-ish clients.
Okay, back home.
Have the game locked at 90fps and using an external tool to limit it at 63fps (when using using the 60fps option, in windows 7 the game used to be locked at 63fps for me, with windows 10 it was locked at 60 but it just felt less smooth to me, so I put it at 90 in-game and 63 with a tool).

Switched weapons a bunch of times after logging in, the lowest the framerate went down to was 57fps, it pretty much drops to somewhere in the 57~61fps range (from 63), so...yeah, pretty much almost not noticeable for me.

isCasted
Oct 20, 2015, 03:52 PM
I generally achieve a client with best load times and least stuttering at the second launch of the game after a complete reboot, but with FastBoot (Windows 8.1) it usually works fine too. When I'm feeling desperate I turn off Windows Defender (doing that is at your own risk).

I also noticed an overall jump in performance whenever anything loads after setting moderate pre-allocation policy in PSO2's profile in Nvidia Inspector (that depends on driver versions and GPU model, I think?).

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 21, 2015, 07:41 AM
Hey i'm curious. To any of you guys who own the Vita version. How does this game actually run on that little platform?

I've only seen screenshots of it and it seems to have low quality graphic settings.

But that;s not the point. How well does it run? Does it have stuttering while loading characters in the lobby? Weapon lag/fps drops?

Does it run at 60fps or 30? And more importantly do Vita users have to "hunt" the "good" client aswell?

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 07:48 AM
Vita is a permanent bad client. Even the most innocent weapon switches will freeze you for a second.

Hunting clients is not a thing, as far as I know, it's just always bad.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 21, 2015, 07:50 AM
Oh man that's garbage :(

I can't believe people even play it like that on the Vita.

Well I don't really have high hopes for the ps4 one now. I was hoping that the ps4 one was "good" client 100% and running smooth at 60fps.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 21, 2015, 08:00 AM
I'm sure PS4 can handle the game better then Vita can. Just wait and see I guess.

wefwq
Oct 21, 2015, 08:11 AM
Vita is a permanent bad client. Even the most innocent weapon switches will freeze you for a second.

Hunting clients is not a thing, as far as I know, it's just always bad.
Basically my toaster are the same.
Damn, might as well trade my toaster for vita at this point...

Yamishi
Oct 22, 2015, 03:00 PM
Hey i'm curious. To any of you guys who own the Vita version. How does this game actually run on that little platform?

I've only seen screenshots of it and it seems to have low quality graphic settings.

But that;s not the point. How well does it run? Does it have stuttering while loading characters in the lobby? Weapon lag/fps drops?

Does it run at 60fps or 30? And more importantly do Vita users have to "hunt" the "good" client aswell?

I've playing PSO2 on a LOT of different PCs and laptops, and I can say that while the Vita does still stutter in lobbies, it's not nearly as bad as most PCs I've tried, and the weapon switching hiccups are still better than a lot of machines I've played on.

Ergo, if you've got a toaster PC, I'd say go ahead and grab a Vita for the portability. Just remember that you're locked to different blocks, so you can't join the PC-only players in the lower numbered blocks, and there's no English patch.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 23, 2015, 03:02 AM
I'm curious to see how well they will optimize the ps4 one.

Their console track record isnt very good though. Did you guys play psu on 360? That one didn't have any weapon loading stuttering or any stuttering for that matter everything loaded smoothly. However the 360 version of psu had a ton of slowdowns. I remember one common trick was to look down on the floor to make the game run smoothly again LOL.

Vanilla psu on ps2 also had a bunch of technical issues such as weapons taking a while to load etc etc.

So we will see.

Also, I wonder if there's a way to get the english patch onto the ps4 version?

Totori
Oct 23, 2015, 03:23 AM
There isn't a way to get the english patch on there. Also it's prolly gonna run extremely well. PSU was just badly optimized in general.

wefwq
Oct 23, 2015, 03:56 AM
Also, I wonder if there's a way to get the english patch onto the ps4 version?
Considering that even vita didn't get one after couple of years, probably not.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 23, 2015, 07:58 AM
There isn't a way to get the english patch on there. Also it's prolly gonna run extremely well. PSU was just badly optimized in general.

If the ps4 one were to be optimized nicely and runs nicely without all the lame stutters from the PC version I wouldnt mind playing it even without the patch.

Rayden
Oct 23, 2015, 10:25 AM
I've never had this issue.

RealKillaK
Oct 23, 2015, 02:04 PM
If the ps4 one were to be optimized nicely and runs nicely without all the lame stutters from the PC version I wouldnt mind playing it even without the patch.

I doubt the ps4 would have better clients then the PC and with my best client (2 seconds load into naberius 1 solo,I get next to 0 stutter ingame) this is extremely hard to get and can take hours.

isCasted
Oct 24, 2015, 05:13 AM
I am sure that PS4 version will run at least a little bit better, because there won't be a GameGuard.

Nobody's going to port that shit onto non-Windows environments.

PSchiZ
Oct 24, 2015, 10:12 AM
On my mediocre PC it takes me 10-30 minutes to get a decent one... not even a "good" one per se

Flaoc
Oct 25, 2015, 11:49 PM
spent 3 hours today and didnt get it resulting in extreme desync during magatsu.. wtf sega (seriously wish i knew why its random on startup rather than being 100% consistent like every game not called pso2)

Nitro Vordex
Oct 26, 2015, 07:36 PM
It's just a horribly coded game.

Reloading a bunch of times really isn't worth it.

Flaoc
Oct 26, 2015, 09:11 PM
It's just a horribly coded game.

Reloading a bunch of times really isn't worth it.

maybe not but having 0% stutter makes sure my toaster doesnt desync (or resyncs very fast) during 12/12

EvilMag
Oct 26, 2015, 09:56 PM
I love how I lower my resolution down to 1280x720 for livestreaming and it took me over an hour to get a good client. (keep in mind OBS wasn't opened when launching PSO2)

meanwhile I go back to my main settings (1920x1080) and yet I consistently get good clients.