PDA

View Full Version : SweetFX with AMD Cards, workaround?

BENJAMINBENJAMIN
Oct 21, 2015, 02:33 AM
Hey, been trying to solve this issue since I came back to Phantasy Star Online 2 about a couple weeks ago. Possibly someone could help me and others with this problem, would gladly appreciate.

I've tried multiple alternatives to this game's lackluster Game Security to try "SweetFX," or another supplement that would make my game vibrant and beautiful as using "RadeonPro with SweetFX." The only issue I'm having with this program is that it's not working correctly even following a perfectly detailed tutorial, by this kind individual; Preposterous Rhino.

When filling in every category, that was detailed on this topic only lead to my game having a "Administrator, privilege" problem, then I sorted that out via posts by other users. But, once I had gotten the RadeonPro to launch with PSO2 Tweaker, the game starts up perfectly and flawlessly without the SweetFX intact, or "hook" as it's called.

I've tried multiple alternatives as "RadiT" with CCC, only to lead to a dead launch causing my game to be permanently be a crash to a black screen, but able to hear audio.

Looking around, it seems the issue doesn't effect alot of users since there seems to be hardly any help on this situation, so I decided to contribute to those who need help with AMD cards, and possibly a work around this horrible case.

Would anyone know a perfectly, well way of implementing "SweetFX" or any other similar entity into PSO2 with no problems for us AMD/ATI users. I'm well aware Nvidia Inspector seems to be the case for Nvidia users, but is there a way that this can all be a settled situation.

Thanks so much, in return.

arkeido
Oct 21, 2015, 04:20 AM
Um, sweetFX should work on all graphic card.

As for not hooking up

Q. "SweetFX isn't working. How do I fix it?"

If the game is running fine, but RadeonPro isn't hooking (meaning it isn't doing anything), open up the settings in RadeonPro and check the box for "Disable advanced D3D9 hooking". (This is what fixed it for me). You can also try getting RadeonPro to hook to the Character Creator for PSO2. If you can get that to work, you will know the issue is with GameGuard.

If the above doesn't work or your issue isn't listed, feel free to ask for help.

Also if you're on Windows 7: I found that sometime some random program blocking it from hooking, so I had to reboot > start radeonpro before any other program (should done automatically with "start with windows" checked) > open pso2 before anything else > if hooking then it will hook for all that windows session.

If you're running W10 you might want to consult the others.

BENJAMINBENJAMIN
Oct 21, 2015, 04:52 AM
Huh, sounds effective.

Yeah, I've recently updated to Windows 10, and it seems a sum of people have problems as well with this situation.

Has anyone gotten this problem to work with Windows 10, even with the old method?

If so, could you help us with methods on how you've gotten this to work?

Thanks ahead of time.

BENJAMINBENJAMIN
Oct 22, 2015, 07:25 PM
I apologize for this double post, but the problem has been solved.

Thanks for those for the private messages and support, you've really helped me out.

If you're encountering this problem, don't be afraid to shoot me a message.

Closing this thread.

Selphea
Oct 22, 2015, 07:37 PM
Semi-related but I'm on Nvidia and evaluating options here. Nvidia cards can set an AA bit in inspector to get full AA/AF i.e. I can stand near Hans and look across the ship to Revelle and the lines on the floor are smoothed out, not pixellated. Can this be done on AMD cards? (Screenshots appreciated)