PDA

View Full Version : Storage changes for Jan 2016

EvilMag
Oct 21, 2015, 06:54 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=7166

Some other stuff regarding the extra storage you can buy I don't know.

Happening in January

Ryziou
Oct 21, 2015, 06:58 AM
Finally, more space for hoarders like me.

Maenara
Oct 21, 2015, 07:03 AM
I would honestly prefer a Currency Storage, as that'd prevent SEGA from ever being able to screw us with millions of different currencies.

Kondibon
Oct 21, 2015, 07:03 AM
Some other stuff regarding the extra storage you can buy

you can buy

buy

Good thing I didn't get excited.

EDIT: I put it through gooble translate. It looks like they're increasing the basic storage size to 300 from 200 and the premium from 300 to 400. So maybe I can be excited anyway?

EDIT2: Re-read it. It's a character specific storage that isn't shared between characters but DOES transfer ships with characters and 300 slots. Can I be excited now?

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 07:04 AM
Wtf? It says something like this:

Additional character storage with 300 slots added (not shared between characters, will transfer between ships and can be extended permanently with AC).
Premium Storage 300→400.

However...

Because of these changes, you will no longer be able to send items to the extra storages from the Item Pack (it must be done from a bank terminal).
All Storage will not show the extra storages.
You will not be able to pull from the extra storages when managing your shop.

I'm not even gonna ask what shitty coding this is.

EvilMag
Oct 21, 2015, 07:05 AM
However...

Because of these changes, you will no longer be able to send items to the extra storages from the Item Pack (it must be done from a bank terminal).

the actual fuck? What horseshit excuse are they using for this?

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 07:08 AM
The excuse is that it's necessary to do if they wish to expand the character and premium storages. :wacko:

Kondibon
Oct 21, 2015, 07:10 AM

I'm not even gonna ask what shitty coding this is.Aaaaand there it goes, there goes my excitement.
http://i.imgur.com/NLFobaP.gif

EvilMag
Oct 21, 2015, 07:11 AM
The excuse is that it's necessary to do if they wish to expand the character and premium storages. :wacko:
Real reason is that it'll lag and strain the servers!

What? Those chair removals weren't enough.

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 07:13 AM
Also they're not expanding basic storage, they're adding a new storage that's not shared between characters, sorry. I'll change that.

final_attack
Oct 21, 2015, 07:16 AM
Did they limit the value when coding to 200 and they can't change it because some security reasons? :wacko: Or can't found where the value is because of ..... thousands amount of files, and for another security reason, spread out the necessary value for Storage, and can't find it (or just lazy)? :wacko:

Or they add another option? Like ....

Character Storage (200) - Premium Storage (300)
Character Extra Storage (100) - Premium Extra Storage(100)

With Extra ones can't accept items from ItemPack? o-o

Well, gonna see how they came up once it's available o-o

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 07:17 AM
Visually:

Basic Storage (0/200)
Character Storage (0/300) (can be expanded with AC items, number not given)
Premium Storage (0/400)
Extra Storage 1 (0/500)
Extra Storage 2 (0/500)
Extra Storage 3 (0/500)
Extra Storage 4 (0/500)
Extra Storage 5 (0/500)
OTP Storage (0/200)

Kondibon
Oct 21, 2015, 07:18 AM
The thing that really bothers me about this is that they're telling us it's coming in january... Like... if it's gonna break so much, wouldn't they try and find a solution first? If they had already finished it to the point where they can't fix it why not implement it sooner?

Ryziou
Oct 21, 2015, 07:40 AM

Additional character storage with 300 slots added (not shared between characters, will transfer between ships and can be extended permanently with AC).
Premium Storage 300→400.

However...

Well now that's pretty disappointing :l

Raujinn
Oct 21, 2015, 07:59 AM
Hm. The way that's worded, do those restrictions apply to just "extra storage" or are basic, character and premium also affected by this?

It's irritating either way, because the change seems completely un-necessary.

wefwq
Oct 21, 2015, 08:01 AM
I think that main reason that they make the storage are character bound rather than expanding the basic one or adding entirely new normal storage are to make it easier to transfer your stuff across the ship, so that player whose choose to migrate can bring their stuff to their heart content rather than picking the few amount of stuff to pack with them.

Because of these changes, you will no longer be able to send items to the extra storages from the Item Pack (it must be done from a bank terminal)
Can i still transfer item from item pack to basic storage?

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 08:03 AM
Yes, only the 500 AC storages are affected by the negative changes in this update, so I would gather for a lot of people it doesn't make a difference at all, however it still doesn't make sense why they'd gimp their AC storages...

wefwq
Oct 21, 2015, 08:10 AM
Yes, only the 500 AC storages are affected by the negative changes in this update, so I would gather for a lot of people it doesn't make a difference at all, however it still doesn't make sense why they'd gimp their AC storages...
Damn, that's was close but i got impression that they'll gimp the server performance more than it's AC storage counterpart when it gets implemented...

landman
Oct 21, 2015, 08:10 AM
Bound to character... can be expanded... released in Japuary*... sounds like pets being our mules to me.

*we don't know the release date of Episode 4 yet, right?

Raujinn
Oct 21, 2015, 08:11 AM
Yeah it's a wierd decision. That said, given how badly things seemed to fuck up when characters transferred ships perhaps the database is that flimsily put together that their hands really are tied on this issue. Regarding which, given that characters can now potentially bring up to 300 more items with them than they could, I dread to think what issues transferring may cause if they're not careful...

un1t27
Oct 21, 2015, 08:19 AM
They fuck it up again. LMFAO

Infinity Series
Oct 21, 2015, 08:20 AM

How about premium storage and OTP storage?

Naoya Kiriyama
Oct 21, 2015, 08:20 AM
Wow... so pretty much that character storage is for dumping desynth items, right?

At least, if I understood well, from the bright side, it means that you'll have 300 additional storage per character? So, let's say I have 4 characters, storage would be:

Basic Storage (0/200)
Character Storage (0/300) + (0/300) + (0/300) + (0/300)
Premium Storage (0/400)
Extra Storage 1 (0/500)
Extra Storage 2 (0/500)
Extra Storage 3 (0/500)
Extra Storage 4 (0/500)
Extra Storage 5 (0/500)
OTP Storage (0/200)

If that's the case, sounds way too convenient so I believe there's a huge catch somewhere. But if it was only one storage, why then they make it so that it only can't be shared between characters?

The more I think about this, the more I think it's pretty stupid. But in any case, I welcome extra storage

wefwq
Oct 21, 2015, 08:24 AM
Wow... so pretty much that character storage is for dumping desynth items, right?

At least, if I understood well, from the bright side, it means that you'll have 300 additional storage per character? So, let's say I have 4 characters, storage would be:

If that's the case, sounds way too convenient so I believe there's a huge catch somewhere. But if it was only one storage, why then they make it so that it only can't be shared between characters?

The more I think about this, the more I think it's pretty stupid. But in any case, I welcome extra storage
Well the catch is that you can't take out other character's specific storage without relog, take the item out and transfer it to the other storage and then relog again to the first character to use it.
Will rarely happen but when the time comes, it'll be such a pain in the ass.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2015, 08:26 AM
That's the PSU model. I do almost max out my storages during Maggy so that's nice.

ShinMegamiSensei
Oct 21, 2015, 08:32 AM
Kinda sucks for me since I am used to un-setting my gear at class counter, depositing all locked items to my extra storage 1, and switching character (my units/gear are shared among characters). But that's just being lazy, I can run over to the storage and deposit there so not a big deal.

Don't know if I'd use character specific storage much, maybe just during that play session for maggy cubes or whatever, then tekk and sell trash and sort it all out after.

I hate having to look for something I need and "we're sorry, your item is in another castle character!" It's only a problem because I have 12...

Well the catch is that you can't take out other character's specific storage without relog, take the item out and transfer it to the other storage and then relog again to the first character to use it.
Will rarely happen but when the time comes, it'll be such a pain in the ass.

Basically, this, haha.

landman
Oct 21, 2015, 08:36 AM
I've never used EX storage because I've never had 500 items to save, and the fact that they are accessible only for a month didn't give me a reason to spend the money. My guess is it's used by people who save on fodders for months until a grind boost appears and then resells them, if that is the case then you just have to dump it out of the EX storage and then to the shop.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2015, 08:36 AM
I'd just put clothes and stackable junk like Excubes, XQ passes, AQ stones in the character storage. Expecting it to be like, 30/300 or something but hey 30 is already more than 10% of the basic storage saved.

Ryziou
Oct 21, 2015, 08:44 AM
I've never used EX storage because I've never had 500 items to save, and the fact that they are accessible only for a month didn't give me a reason to spend the money. My guess is it's used by people who save on fodders for months until a grind boost appears and then resells them, if that is the case then you just have to dump it out of the EX storage and then to the shop.

The amount of times I'd want to buy one of them storages while spamming AQ is really high.

untrustful
Oct 21, 2015, 09:10 AM
Yeah they coded the storage in a really sensitive way. It's really weird that they'd gimp arguably one of the most valuable features of the game. At the same time, for them to think each character in this game warrants an extra free 300 bank space means we're in for more currency based items, and items in general.

final_attack
Oct 21, 2015, 09:21 AM
Visually:

Basic Storage (0/200)
Character Storage (0/300) (can be expanded with AC items, number not given)
Premium Storage (0/400)
Extra Storage 1 (0/500)
Extra Storage 2 (0/500)
Extra Storage 3 (0/500)
Extra Storage 4 (0/500)
Extra Storage 5 (0/500)
OTP Storage (0/200)

That would be ....... super nice o-o

I haven't made Rainbow DB ..... but with those addition ...... o-o

Edit : Also, costumes o-o I have 1 char for extra storage + Reset Pass purpose ...... This one is getting much useful once it's implemented :D

BlankM
Oct 21, 2015, 09:22 AM
They know that half the populations inventory is cluttered with costumes! Now they're making it easier to switch fashun.

Superia
Oct 21, 2015, 09:29 AM
Edit : Also, costumes o-o I have 1 char for extra storage + Reset Pass purpose ...... This one is getting much useful once it's implemented :D

Just one?

Azure Falcon
Oct 21, 2015, 09:52 AM

Premium Storage 300→400.

However...

When you say extra storage, do you just mean the paid EX storage or premium too? I pray to god the former, since every EQ ends up with me having to send untekked weapons to premium storage mid-quest.

TaigaUC
Oct 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
Wtf? It says something like this: *snip*

What the hell!!

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 10:42 AM
When you say extra storage, do you just mean the paid EX storage or premium too? I pray to god the former, since every EQ ends up with me having to send untekked weapons to premium storage mid-quest.
Only the EX storage since it is called "Extra Storage", nothing else.

TaigaUC
Oct 21, 2015, 10:46 AM
This all sounds needlessly overcomplicated.

I can't imagine what I'd want to store in a character exclusive storage.
I'm always sharing stuff between my characters.

Anyway, super tired so off to bed methinks.

Tunga
Oct 21, 2015, 10:47 AM
Actually this all sounds perfectly logica... oh wait its #sega lolol

Zyrusticae
Oct 21, 2015, 10:59 AM
Well, it's convenient for me because all of my characters are split between S-Atk, R-Atk, and T-Atk specializations, so I can just organize the storage accordingly.

That being said, between regular storage and OTP storage I've not been hurting for space whatsoever. And, frankly, hearing about people who somehow manage to fill out storage kind of confuses me... just what in the world are you guys hoarding?

Zorak000
Oct 21, 2015, 11:03 AM
honestly? good changes all around. idk if any of you regularly pay for EX storage, but the two times I have used them I just took a bunch of old souvenirs and soul receptor/affix fodder and jammed them in there.

now when I try to use the "all storage" option it is clogged with all this garbage I want to keep but dont want to look it. but with this change I'll be able to use that option again.

if you were using those storages as a shop buffer that would kinda stink, having to go to a bank terminal to withdraw the next items you want to put up might become a bit of a drag for power users.

unless a lot of you pay extra money to rent the ex storage on top of premium and whatever else, I dont really see what people are groaning over

Magicks
Oct 21, 2015, 11:17 AM
I don't use OTP, but my storage is filled with random crap; all my crafting materials, stones from AQs/XQs, capsules, stuff for grinding, stacks of grinders, leftover units, fodder, weapons that I've been thinking about upgrading but haven't got around to... You get the idea.

I welcome the extra space. Especially if it means I can technically go without premium for awhile, at least until my winter semester ends and I can find temporary full time work for the summer. : ^ )

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 11:29 AM
I have one CAST and one meatbag; the costume/part related benefits of this are self-evident.

RadiantLegend
Oct 21, 2015, 11:34 AM
I have one CAST and one meatbag; the costume/part related benefits of this are self-evident.

I was thinking the same.

Mildora
Oct 21, 2015, 11:53 AM
-sigh-

Basic Storage is always 180/200
Premium Storage is always 290/300
EX Storage 1 200/500
Ex Storage 2 400/500

This hurts me a lot considering I make a storage purchase everytime I buy premium. Ugh this doesn't even make sense lol. They've lost a customer, I'm sorry. Not that it matters to those money grabbing female favoring sex selling bastards.

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 12:15 PM
This hurts me a lot considering I make a storage purchase everytime I buy premium. Ugh this doesn't even make sense lol. They've lost a customer, I'm sorry. Not that it matters to those money grabbing female favoring sex selling bastards.

Wait... you're *complaining* about presumably not having to buy (as much) extended storage after this goes live?
:-?
okay.

Anduril
Oct 21, 2015, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure why they are doing the changes to EX storage, but extra free storage is always welcome. I'm definitely going to have to do some reorganizing to make sure that what I typically sell is in the store usable storage, though.

Magicks
Oct 21, 2015, 12:20 PM
Wait... you're *complaining* about presumably not having to buy (as much) extended storage after this goes live?
okay.

That's always the feeling how people feel about when they buy stuff and then it becomes free after. Like the hilarity of comments from GW2 going free articles. :wacko:

At least for them, if the wording as just as weird, we can't deposit stuff directly from the inventory into the EX Storage anymore. Otherwise... It's more beneficial? If anything, you're not purchasing more storage tickets, or if you decide to continue to do so, you get even more storage to work with.

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 12:23 PM
That's always the feeling how people feel about when they buy stuff and then it becomes free after.

Seems particularly bizarre here as that's something you have to renew regularly and they're telling well in advance when you can, in practice, stop doing so...
People.

Z-0
Oct 21, 2015, 12:28 PM
They're probably complaining that extra storage is losing a lot of its practicality and becoming very inconvenient to use, not that they're getting free storage. How are you coming to your conclusion?
People looking for something to be self-righteous about...

The character storage just doesn't work as well since it's separate across all the characters. You'll get more storage overall, but it's extremely inconvenient for those who play lots of characters. The character storage itself is not the complaint, it's the changes to the EX storage which are supposedly "necessary" which is the reason for the complaints.

jooozek
Oct 21, 2015, 12:28 PM
good that i have 4 chars, full mule mode on :wacko:

Mildora
Oct 21, 2015, 12:34 PM
They're probably complaining that extra storage is losing a lot of its practicality and becoming very inconvenient to use, not that they're getting free storage.

pretty much this.

jooozek
Oct 21, 2015, 12:34 PM
from what i read on bumped the storage is separate from shared storage and extra

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 12:35 PM
They're probably complaining that extra storage is losing a lot of its practicality and becoming very inconvenient to use, not that they're getting free storage. How are you coming to your conclusion?
---
The character storage just doesn't work as well since it's separate across all the characters. You'll get more storage overall, but it's extremely inconvenient for those who play lots of characters. The character storage itself is not the complaint, it's the changes to the EX storage which are supposedly "necessary" which is the reason for the complaints.

Because kicking all those affix fodders, "to be done one day" weapons and other such inert deadweight into the more inconvenient storages, hence leaving the "ready access" ones comparatively empty, is so terribly inconvenient and hurtful right.

And you're quite literally getting more for your money in the bragain.

People looking for something to be self-righteous about...
People tired of others jumping on the flimsiest excuses to whine and bitch inanely about more like.

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 PM
Does anyone actually use the extra storage? I mean who pays monthly for additional storage space?

Basic storage (200) + Premium Storage (300) + OTP Storage (200) is already 700 slots. What more could you possibly need? xD I don't see a problem with the extra storage "nerf" to be honest. If you are filling up 1100 slots to the point where you need to move things from inventory directly to extra storage, then maybe you should re-organize your basic storage...?

I personally think this character storage thing is amazing. I don't know if I will have much use for it as I don't have 700 slots filled up yet to begin with, but should I feel like moving one of my characters to ship 02 then maybe I will utilize that storage space. But for things like weapons and costumes that only certain characters use, this could save a lot of space elsewhere.

I wonder how much the permanent AC storage upgrade will cost and how much it gives? I bought +50 slots on both of my characters inventory and I must say that was the best AC investment I've made, even if it was 1600 for one of them... but as far as bank space, I wouldnt want to pay more than say 500 AC for 100 slots+. Its just not nearly as useful as inventory space.

final_attack
Oct 21, 2015, 12:56 PM
Just one?

Yeah, need to spend money for other things (my PC upgrade is late too, need to save a lot of money T-T )

ZER0 DX
Oct 21, 2015, 01:20 PM
Does anyone actually use the extra storage? I mean who pays monthly for additional storage space?

I do. I use two of them.

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 01:36 PM
I do. I use two of them.

Holy crap dude. What is that an extra 10 bucks a month for storage space?

Zorak000
Oct 21, 2015, 01:44 PM
it'll be a little more of a chore, but I bet you will find a decent workaround.

like I would see myself just dumping everything I find into character storage then sorting it out before I log out

ZER0 DX
Oct 21, 2015, 02:23 PM
I don't pay for them every month, usually just get one whenever my premium and basic storage fills up. They're good for hoarding things you won't be using or selling for a while. Looks like I have some reorganizing to do.

NightfallG
Oct 21, 2015, 02:44 PM
This is basically the OG check room.

Also an ingenious way to sell character slots I guess? Idk.

Maenara
Oct 21, 2015, 03:15 PM
900 extra storage for me, I suppose. I honestly don't understand why this new storage is breaking completely unrelated storage though.

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 05:18 PM
I don't pay for them every month, usually just get one whenever my premium and basic storage fills up. They're good for hoarding things you won't be using or selling for a while. Looks like I have some reorganizing to do.

ah i getcha. hording things until they go up in value ;)

GHNeko
Oct 21, 2015, 05:29 PM
Well, it's convenient for me because all of my characters are split between S-Atk, R-Atk, and T-Atk specializations, so I can just organize the storage accordingly.

That being said, between regular storage and OTP storage I've not been hurting for space whatsoever. And, frankly, hearing about people who somehow manage to fill out storage kind of confuses me... just what in the world are you guys hoarding?

I have 2100+ items in storage. <_>

It's mostly gear and fodder since I make my living in game by affixing and selling fodders vs doing TACOs every fucking week.

I also have like 5 characters and 10-11 builds that are all generally different and as such never share gear amongst themselves so I store fodder for affixing to said builds.

Basic storage (200) + Premium Storage (300) + OTP Storage (200) is already 700 slots. What more could you possibly need? xD I don't see a problem with the extra storage "nerf" to be honest. If you are filling up 1100 slots to the point where you need to move things from inventory directly to extra storage, then maybe you should re-organize your basic storage...?

I personally think this character storage thing is amazing. I don't know if I will have much use for it as I don't have 700 slots filled up yet to begin with, but should I feel like moving one of my characters to ship 02 then maybe I will utilize that storage space. But for things like weapons and costumes that only certain characters use, this could save a lot of space elsewhere.

I wonder how much the permanent AC storage upgrade will cost and how much it gives? I bought +50 slots on both of my characters inventory and I must say that was the best AC investment I've made, even if it was 1600 for one of them... but as far as bank space, I wouldnt want to pay more than say 500 AC for 100 slots+. Its just not nearly as useful as inventory space.

I have EX Storage 1-4. Granted, I havnt renewed them in a while because I've had no need to, but for a while I kept using EX 1-4, Premium, and Basic. I don't fuck with OTP for reasons that don't matter to any of ya'll so that's not a factor atm.

On top of that, all my Ex Storage are organized in a very specific way. Like one is designated for weapon fodder, another for unit fodder, another for rare gear, and the 4th as a dumb storage during EQs to prevent having to waste time trying to pick up gear. I can just mash the B button, open menu, and throw eeeeeeeeeeeeverything in dump storage for me to deal with after the EQs.

Granted, I'm a rarer case than most but yeah lol.

These nerfs to extra storage are sure to prevent me from reupping on extra storage in the future lmao.

milranduil
Oct 21, 2015, 05:49 PM
clearly very few people in this thread hoard much of anything... explains why psow is eternally poor prison.

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 05:53 PM
Hey, some of us are poorfags who need to semi-regularly conduct spring cleaning just to make basic+OTP last!
>.>
<.<
orsoiheard

Kamijou Touma
Oct 21, 2015, 06:04 PM
So wait

Originally character storage is 50 items and could be expanded permanently to 100 via ac
and now they are adding 200 more items slots that can be expanded premanently via ac

o-o me likes :-o ?

as for the extra ac storages that only last a month everyone else has already said everything i wanted to say.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 21, 2015, 06:07 PM
So wait

Originally character storage is 50 items and could be expanded permanently to 100 via ac
and now they are adding 200 more items slots that can be expanded premanently via ac

as for the extra ac storages that only last a month everyone else has already said everything i wanted to say.
re-read

Character Backpack stays 100 max

Current storage from 200->300
Character storage is 300+expansion

Flaoc
Oct 21, 2015, 06:13 PM
re-read

Character Backpack stays 100 max

Current storage from 200->300
Character storage is 300+expansion

are you sure the regular storage is going to be 300 now? i know prem is getting raised to 400

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 06:13 PM
So wait

They're creating a new BANK storage that is accessible by the individual characters only. If you ever played any of the previous PSO games, its like those banks. They will have 300 slots for each character.

Regular storage is not changing at all. It will stay 200, as well as OTP. Premium is getting a +100 boost.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 21, 2015, 06:15 PM
are you sure the regular storage is going to be 300 now? i know prem is getting raised to 400
read it wrong about that part my bad, dam tired right now

Sacrificial
Oct 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
i hoard cast parts and try to collect one of every rifle/tmg/launcher

GHNeko
Oct 21, 2015, 06:28 PM
rip freemium fellas lmao

so premium is getting a boost in storage?

guys that gives more incentive to get premium, which they probably feel is a fair trade off for gutting AC storage.

NightfallG
Oct 21, 2015, 06:47 PM
Coming back to have a very bewildered laugh at how adding another storage bank/extending what's already there could possibly break the shit out of other stuff. Like I know someone earlier said the coding was sensitive but that's not just sensitive, that's bailing twine, gun tape and faith holding it together.

Sayara
Oct 21, 2015, 06:48 PM
Hello, i editted the title to be a bit more clear.
Good night.

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 06:51 PM
rip freemium fellas lmao

Free 300 dedicated storage per character; it'll be tough, but I think I'll survive. 8-)

Kamijou Touma
Oct 21, 2015, 07:05 PM
NEW For additional information about the specification change of the extended warehouse of a new warehouse
It has received the opinions of the want to increase the warehouse, we have examined the warehouse of additional or existing warehouse expansion in the development team.
We would therefore, in the periodic maintenance of late January 2016, and is expected to be allowed to implement the following warehouse additional correspondence.
Adding support the contents of the warehouse
Add warehouses capable of storing 300 items free (character warehouse) for each character also sell AC items that can further extend the stowable number of ※ character warehouse.  Extended storage frame in AC items, as well as the extension of the item pack, is available indefinitely. ※ This is to become a warehouse that is managed for each character, in the destination if you ship moves  available as it is.

And expand the number of stored items of premium warehouse from 300 to 400

However, since the remains of the current warehouse function is difficult to add the above-mentioned correspondence, we will be allowed to practice together also specification change of the "extended warehouse" as follows.
Specification changes of the "extended warehouse"
Change so that it is not able to send the item to the "extended warehouse" from the item pack when sending the item ※ from the item pack to the "extended warehouse" is, you'll need to be operated from the warehouse terminal of ARCS lobby or in the camp ship .
If you select "All of warehouse" in the warehouse menu, change as the item is not selected in the "extended warehouse"
Change the items sale My Shop exhibition and shop menu, so as not to be able to choose the "extended warehouse"

The above specification changes will be applied until the "extended warehouse 1" to "extended warehouse 5". ※ "extended warehouse" other than the existing warehouse and, for the newly added character warehouse, available in the specifications of the as before.
There is not "extended warehouse" truly become a downward revision to be difficult to use the excuse, but, it will be necessary changes in order to add a new warehouse, as you thank you for your understanding.
In addition, when it is purchased permission to use the ticket, such as "extended warehouse 1 use 90 days," as we will buy on who acknowledge the above specification changes thank you.
For details of the above-mentioned additional warehouse and specifications change, we will be notified by such later date Players site. ※ For this correspondence, because it involves a major change for the warehouse function, there is the case that the contents are subject to change by reason unexpectedly.  If you want to change, we will again inform. Please note.

So we complete the correspondence towards the future of the update, we ask, I will wait for a while.

Hmm this is the translation i got.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 21, 2015, 07:09 PM
Free 300 dedicated storage per character; it'll be tough, but I think I'll survive. 8-)

P'much this. Woulda've been massively helpful if this were a thing when magatsu was still farmable for a few hundred cubes in 30 minutes. Now I just have to settle for actually trying to make money.

Taurus83
Oct 21, 2015, 07:22 PM
I knew this would be coming, since a lot stone item sega giving out the extra storage come handy for me and other people.

Shinamori
Oct 21, 2015, 07:45 PM
I can imagine the rage for quick restarters during EQ.
"Hey, I didn't put all my stuff in the storage! STOP THE TELEPORTER!"

EspeonageTieler
Oct 21, 2015, 07:51 PM
i just wanna make sure are we still gonna be able to have our characters share storage? or is that going premium only?

Gaylar
Oct 21, 2015, 08:05 PM
i just wanna make sure are we still gonna be able to have our characters share storage? or is that going premium only?

According to this, basic, character-shared storage will remain, each character will be getting a separate 300 storage which will not be shared, AC Premium storage is getting boosted and AC Extra storage is taking a hit.

Achelousaurus
Oct 22, 2015, 06:02 PM
Sounds like the bs I had to fix at my company, in which Sega needs to fire those idiots ASAP and hire some decent programmers.

The thing that really bothers me about this is that they're telling us it's coming in january... Like... if it's gonna break so much, wouldn't they try and find a solution first? If they had already finished it to the point where they can't fix it why not implement it sooner?
Sega / 10.
They make us rage now and then get used to it, so by the time it goes life people won't complain anymore.
And if people complain now they can just pretend it's being worked on and they will probably find a solution without actually doing anything.
Like when they said they "were aware" (i.e. yeah, no one gives a fuck, bro) of the lag, pulled some bs and removed free partners, then returned them a few months later without actually doing anything.
If you just wait, people get tired of complaining.

Yeah they coded the storage in a really sensitive way. It's really weird that they'd gimp arguably one of the most valuable features of the game. At the same time, for them to think each character in this game warrants an extra free 300 bank space means we're in for more currency based items, and items in general.
Yeah >_>
Character based storage is pure inconvenience. I know it's for transfering ships but really, how often do people transfer so very much between ships aside from changing ships for good compared to people wanting to access any of the extra storages from shop or item menu?

Because kicking all those affix fodders, "to be done one day" weapons and other such inert deadweight into the more inconvenient storages, hence leaving the "ready access" ones comparatively empty, is so terribly inconvenient and hurtful right.

And you're quite literally getting more for your money in the bragain.

People tired of others jumping on the flimsiest excuses to whine and bitch inanely about more like.
Dude, you should stop unless you want to make an even bigger fool of yourself.
For our bargain we get considerably less. We can no longer access extra storage outside the console, which is incredibly inconvenient.
And if you want to make any kind of money, you gotta play the market and the only way of doing it efficiently is with lots of storage so you can buy low and store it until you can to sell high.
And if you got a job, premium + all 5 extra storages every month is nothing.

rip freemium fellas lmao

so premium is getting a boost in storage?

guys that gives more incentive to get premium, which they probably feel is a fair trade off for gutting AC storage.
Yeah but they give the biggest boost to freemium who had so little storage (got a friend who has to recycle every rare he finds every eq between runs cause he has so little space and he doesn't even collect all the reward items).
And that at the expense of paying people.

KLMS1
Oct 22, 2015, 07:33 PM
Dude, you should stop unless you want to make an even bigger fool of yourself.
For our bargain we get considerably less. We can no longer access extra storage outside the console, which is incredibly inconvenient.
And if you want to make any kind of money, you gotta play the market and the only way of doing it efficiently is with lots of storage so you can buy low and store it until you can to sell high.
And if you got a job, premium + all 5 extra storages every month is nothing.
Pretty sure you can only access the market from the console anyway. I suppose it's some extra work to shunt junk between Extra and the other storages when needed but "incredibly inconvenient" seems an exaggeration to say in the least.

And you're getting what, 100 Premium storage spaces and 300 personal storage per character - neither of which is subject to any of the limitations Extra gets. Oughta be able to make use of those to avoid a case of the vapors over the frightful new Extra rules - and if you can't I question your organisational skills, o Great Merchant of Baghdad.

TL;DR - sounds to me like you're mostly just knee-jerking over having to change the way you go about your business.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 22, 2015, 09:53 PM
I'm fine with this. Anything I'd need to shove into storage is probably stuff I shove into storage before I go down to a planet anyway. Plus, having 300 extra slots each on every character is amazing. I can shove all relevant weapons and units into certain characters, and mostly only draw from basic storage if it's stuff I use across characters.

GHNeko
Oct 23, 2015, 04:54 AM
Character based storage is pure inconvenience. I know it's for transfering ships but really, how often do people transfer so very much between ships aside from changing ships for good compared to people wanting to access any of the extra storages from shop or item menu?

...Didnt sega change ship swapping to the format that it is now BECAUSE Japanese players would be constantly swapping ships for EQs (I think it was magatsu?) and that ship swapping caused a lot of undue stress on the servers?

Or am I not remembering right?

Shadowth117
Oct 23, 2015, 05:18 AM
...Didnt sega change ship swapping to the format that it is now BECAUSE Japanese players would be constantly swapping ships for EQs (I think it was magatsu?) and that ship swapping caused a lot of undue stress on the servers?

Or am I not remembering right?

Essentially, yes. That, and for merchanting purposes which are often still pretty applicable.

GHNeko
Oct 23, 2015, 06:59 AM
Yeah I thought so. Swapping ships is a common thing in the East. Also it's not uncommon for Japanese players to have 2-3+ characters.

One of my japanese teammates is actually getting ready to move one of his characters to another ship, and about a month ago another twitter friend of mine actually decided to stop by Ship 2 for a week to play with me while moving from Ship 1 to Ship 10.

Shinmarizu
Oct 23, 2015, 06:59 AM
Come to think of it, I don't have to renew premium anymore. I can just spend my leftover AC to expand this new Character storage if I choose to, and it will basically have the same role my Premium storage has right now.

This whole Character storage thing actually promotes jumping ships for commerce purposes, so Sega wins there.

Saffran
Oct 23, 2015, 07:36 AM
>They make us rage now and then get used to it, so by the time it goes life people won't complain anymore.

No, they're telling us now because they sell 90 days extra storage tickets and if they told us any later, you'd be buying something expecting a service that will most probably not be what you will be getting near the end of that 90 days period, when they actually do implement the changes, thus giving you leverage to sue them. That's why they have to tell us now, even if they don't exactly know yet what the hell they will actually be doing.

wefwq
Oct 23, 2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah I thought so. Swapping ships is a common thing in the East. Also it's not uncommon for Japanese players to have 2-3+ characters.

One of my japanese teammates is actually getting ready to move one of his characters to another ship, and about a month ago another twitter friend of mine actually decided to stop by Ship 2 for a week to play with me while moving from Ship 1 to Ship 10.
He's sounds like a busy person.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 23, 2015, 09:33 PM
i honestly would wait until we get closer to the date that its gonna happen for them to extend the storage, the whole AC storage thing just seems like theyre gonna go backwards and take back what they said so you can send items from anywhere to it, i doubt they'll remove that option entirely and even if they did theyll probably re-add it back down the line

i welcome the extra storage, im hoarder like most but at the same time, i know when spring cleaning needs to be done so its more manageable

Taurus83
Nov 1, 2015, 02:39 AM
so how is the latest news update about storage system?

landman
Nov 1, 2015, 08:05 AM
From psublog:

Item Pack can be expanded to 150 slots with AC.
Added Character based storage.
Character based storage can be expanded to 1000 slots with AC.
Premium Storage expanded from 300 to 400 slots.
PSO2es Linked Storage added (100 Slots)

With personal storage being up to 1000 I don't think I will ever have storage problems again... I'm even considering spending AC in my alt account, which I always played with the idea of not spending a single cent in it.

GHNeko
Nov 1, 2015, 08:27 AM
I think what will make or break the expansion of storage if how much it costs, and how many slots you expand by.

landman
Nov 1, 2015, 09:32 AM
If the expansion is permanent, it's worth whatever the cost.

Taurus83
Nov 1, 2015, 09:34 AM
what change for non premium storage? stay the same?

wefwq
Nov 1, 2015, 11:02 AM
what change for non premium storage? stay the same?
Assuming that you never bought premium or rental storage, you get another extra storage thrown and slapped into to all of your character, each one getting their very own storage, nothing more i guess.