PDA

View Full Version : Challenge quests Units

Dudeman336
Oct 21, 2015, 01:43 PM
I was looking at the 11* units you can get from challenge miles. I was wondering what the set effect for these units were and also is it a good idea to extend these units like my saikai set? I was going to go for the +100 health on them, so good idea or no?

Jac_Tonelico
Oct 21, 2015, 02:48 PM
Ideal Leg and Rear form a set bonus. Arm and Weapon form a second set bonus. If you already have crafted and affixed Saiki, CM units aren't worth it since to get the full effect from the units you also need the weapon which I'm pretty sure you won't be using at all times. I'm not too sure on what the unit hidden stats are, but that really doesn't matter if you plan to craft.

Rear+Leg Set effect is: 50 HP, 5 PP, +75 to all three Atk stats, 40 Dex, 80 R/T Defense and some elemental resit.
Arm+Weapon: 8 PP, +75 to all Atk Stats, 40 Dex, and 80 Strike Defense.

So having both sets on would be: 50 HP, 13 PP, 150 S/R/T Atk, 80 Dex, 80 S/R/T Def.

Morgan Fumi
Oct 21, 2015, 04:16 PM
Ideal Leg and Rear form a set bonus. Arm and Weapon form a second set bonus. If you already have crafted and affixed Saiki, CM units aren't worth it since to get the full effect from the units you also need the weapon which I'm pretty sure you won't be using at all times. I'm not too sure on what the unit hidden stats are, but that really doesn't matter if you plan to craft.

Rear+Leg Set effect is: 50 HP, 5 PP, +75 to all three Atk stats, 40 Dex, 80 R/T Defense and some elemental resit.
Arm+Weapon: 8 PP, +75 to all Atk Stats, 40 Dex, and 80 Strike Defense.

So having both sets on would be: 50 HP, 13 PP, 150 S/R/T Atk, 80 Dex, 80 S/R/T Def.

The arm by itself is worth using as it has a natural +10 PP without the need for crafting.

KroDragon
Oct 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
To be honest, I like using the set, but it's probably cuz I don't have the patients to get a better set like Saiki. The set can always be one-upped by a set that does better say full on a specific attack style. With that being said, the Ideal Set is sort of a "rounder" kind of set, making all types of attack work with it. You could probably make something better, but the Ideal set is there as it's readily available.

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 05:20 PM
Personally I think the saiki set is still the best. Nothing beats the 25pp you get from saiki and even if pp was all it gave you, i still think it would be better than the other sets. Considering you probably wont be using an ideal weapon for all your weapon slots (if any), you wont get the full benefits of the set.

It may be a good set to use temporarily, but I would try and get your hands on saiki, and craft them for HP. Get premium for a month (or day) if you have to.

FYI: HP Crafted units have a hidden Strike-resist bonus (which, who needs anything else, anyway?). I believe its 4% per unit so 12% total. Iirc, saiki has 12% strike and 12% ice, but only 50hp per unit. 150hp > 12% ice resist (hell, 100hp > 10% all resist if you ask me)

ArcaneTechs
Oct 21, 2015, 05:32 PM
at least affix them and +10 if your gonna get these, tired of seeing these at default at +7

TaigaUC
Oct 21, 2015, 06:11 PM
Challenge units are good for all-around use, and great when used with the weapon for set bonus.
I think they're not the best for damage, but the default affixes are very robust in terms of defense.
I wear them either when I want the full set bonuses (ie. with Ideal weapon), or when I want to be tough and near-unkillable.
I don't know about extending them, as I don't extend units.

Regardless, you should always get one set so that you can receive the huge amount of CM from Zieg's Challenge units order.