PDA

View Full Version : Extra Storage Usage Poll

Shadowth117
Oct 21, 2015, 06:59 PM
So I'm legitimately curious. How many people currently use extra storage in any way? I've known a lot of people to use it for an occasional dump for their normal storages as well as a number who use them regularly to store EQ drops etc. While this can't ever be said to be representative of the JP population as a whole, among us how many actually use it?

nathanielzor
Oct 21, 2015, 07:02 PM
I don't personally use it, but I know multiple peole with over like 2500 items of storage.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2015, 07:05 PM
I never use it but I acknowledge it makes a lot of sense to buy it in February to hoard Love Fever, then start selling about half a year later.

Perfect Chaos
Oct 21, 2015, 07:06 PM
What most irks me is how the "All Storage" tab will no longer show Extra Storage boxes as well, with this update. I really hope they somehow fix these issues before the change gets implemented.

EDIT: I just realized that this is another thread and not the other thread about the upcoming character storage change. LOL

Shinmarizu
Oct 21, 2015, 07:33 PM
I use extra storage. I'm a fodder hoarder and an affix junkie. It's a terrible habit.

The upcoming changes to accessing Extra Storage therefore upset me.

All this for another 300 or so storage which I will likely fill up rather quickly.

Shadowth117
Oct 21, 2015, 07:35 PM
What most irks me is how the "All Storage" tab will no longer show Extra Storage boxes as well, with this update. I really hope they somehow fix these issues before the change gets implemented.

EDIT: I just realized that this is another thread and not the other thread about the upcoming character storage change. LOL

I made this thread since I thought it might be informative to have a poll. I have a theory that the removal of the extra storages from the menus might be to make room for selection of individual character storages from *any* character. Its really hard to say though one way or the other. I'm wondering if some light could be shed on that through this possibly.

Shinmarizu
Oct 21, 2015, 08:03 PM
If that were the case, that would be neat... But that doesn't explain why new functionality has to screw with existing functionality.

But my understanding is that in the future, one character uses the storage terminal to deposit and withdraw from:
Basic - 50 (increase to 100 with AC purchases)
Temporary - 30
Character - 300 (increase with AC)
Premium - 400 (raised from 300 currently)
EX 1 - 500
EX 2 - 500
EX 3 - 500
EX 4 - 500
EX 5 - 500
OTP - 200

At any other time (such as in field/EQ), that character can only deposit into via item menu:
Premium - 400 (raised from 300 currently)

But when you jump ships, you can bring:

I hope I have this right, so I can avoid confusion in any further discussion.

Eternal255
Oct 21, 2015, 08:09 PM
I currently use the OTP storage for character equipment (weapons, armor, costumes). Will be useful putting them in storage as I don't typically share them cross-char

ShinMegamiSensei
Oct 21, 2015, 08:24 PM
Currently I use:

Normal Storage - Junk and untekked items, discs
Premium Storage - Same as above.
Extra Storage 1 - All my gear, AQ/XQ stones, excubes, grinders, locked costumes and weapon camos, anything that I will not sell or that I continually get more of. My "keeping" items.

While questing and I run out of inventory space, I just select all and deposit into normal then prem. Sell all to the terminal/visiphone when I get out. Basically I can sell the junk and desynth everything and get back to 0/200 + 0/300.

With this change I probably won't need to use the extra storage 1 anymore. I'll just go:

Normal - Junk/discs
Character - More junk/discs, clear out before logging out of the character.
Premium - What I used to keep in extra 1 storage.

It's not that the extra storage "nerf" bothers me in particular, since I don't sell from that storage, ever. It's just that I only need about two storages to hold my unimportant crap so I'm not 200/200 before a Magatsu if I forget. :p

Anduril
Oct 21, 2015, 10:05 PM
I typically just have my sub-classing gear, boosters, common purple items, and some of the currency items in my normal storage. I have more than 300 costume/parts/camos, so that more than filled my premium, plus I started to hoard tickets and room goods on top of sellable fodders, so I needed to get extra storage. It looks like I'm going to have to transfer my items around now to be able to sell stuff (my Caseal is going to have all her parts in her personal storage, so that should save about thirty or forty slots, but I'm probably going to move the rest my cosmetic items to extra storage to free up my premium storage).

wefwq
Oct 21, 2015, 10:34 PM
Never rent it because i never buy AC.

GHNeko
Oct 21, 2015, 10:34 PM
I use extra storage. I'm a fodder hoarder and an affix junkie. It's a terrible habit.

All this for another 300 or so storage which I will likely fill up rather quickly.

Basically this.

I'm more concerned about how fast shit will fill up before I can do anything with it lmao.

IceBurner
Oct 22, 2015, 04:05 AM
I use 2 EX storage units all the time. Presuming no alterations to the plan, and sane pricing for any further storage expansions, this will likely make how I store things just a little cheaper in the long-term.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 06:19 AM
Currently , EX storage is no use to me because premium itself is helping. If I get some rares that are 10 star or above , I try not to keep everything since I don't even expect myself to use them all. Most of my storage is being used for either costumes or camo or boosts. Those alone themselves take up pretty good 150 slots of my normal since I only got 50 slot on my character. Premium usually helps too.

isCasted
Oct 22, 2015, 06:46 AM
Never used Extra Storage, never really planning to. I don't have a business "quirk" in me to resell affixes or AC items (I never spent real money on AC scratch, and I don't plan to buy AC anytime soon).

1 day Premium ticket allowed me to dump pretty much everything I stacked (lots of costumes and camos, weapons of classes I got tired of, crafting materials and upgrading utilities), so now both primary and OTP storages of mine are almost empty.

Achelousaurus
Oct 22, 2015, 05:08 PM

Amen.

Not being able to access extra storage as easily as the rest is a HUGE bother.
I got a ton of fodder and other stuff to sell and I frequently change my shop to go with current market trends.
So it's super inconvenient I first have to shift all the stuff forth and back every time I want to change the shop.
Especially during boost week it's always the same, something gets expensive and I try to sell a lot but only 2 hours later idiots flooded the market and it's now down to a pittance, so I need to swap out all the stuff.

That is bothersome enough as it is, but forcing me to to first take all the stuff into and out of inventory is really fucking annoying.

If this change is permanent and sega doesn't fix this ASAP I will go complete freemium cause holy shit this is ridiculous. Not just that it is annoying but sega can't even tell that players are getting pissed by this ontop of being incompetent idiots that think it's fine and write such craptacular code adding storage is a big deal that breaks existing code.
If Sega wasn't a game studio but writing business applications they'd lose customers by the day and be bankrupt by the end of the year.

.Jack
Oct 22, 2015, 05:22 PM
Usually have 1 or 2 at all times now. Back then I used to have most all of them for 1* elly units buying for turning 1-5mill into 50m+ :-D

Achelousaurus
Oct 22, 2015, 05:33 PM
Now that I think of it, this proves just how retarded Sega is. Just how poor their busniess decisions are.
I mean, I got a few weeks economics only and then just basics.
But even I can tell pissing off your paying customers in order to please your NOT paying customers is a terrible idea.

What do they think will happen? Suddenly an influx of new freemiums that suddenly decide to spend tons of AC on scratch and other shit to make up for the ex storage users that get pissed and stop using it?
Current freemimums randomly starting to spend more?
Adding more incentives for freemium is perfectly fine, but if it comes at the cost of paying customers it's shooting their own foot, with an anti-tank gun, no less.
It's bs like this that caused sega to fail in a lot of other projects recently and makes people not play much pso2 at the moment.

They have no sanity control for their changes, no one sitting actually down and thinking about all the long and short term consequences.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 06:06 PM
Now that I think of it, this proves just how retarded Sega is. Just how poor their busniess decisions are.

You pretty much summarized everything with only first two sentence about Sega

Erza
Oct 22, 2015, 08:32 PM
I understand that some people are upset about the upcoming changes to accessing extra storage and it sucks but,
i'm freemium only with 50 storage slots left... if i sell all the stuff i find immediately (2nd char is full)
dont have a i phone or whatever (no need) for OTP + it sucks
anyway it's about time they add some extra storage for freemium players

GHNeko
Oct 23, 2015, 04:57 AM
Not just that it is annoying but sega can't even tell that players are getting pissed by this ontop of being incompetent idiots that think it's fine and write such craptacular code adding storage is a big deal that breaks existing code.

....do we even have any idea how the japanese player base is reacting to this change?

none of my friends have said anything about it, and i've heard nothing about what the nipnips are saying..

LunaSolstice
Oct 24, 2015, 07:04 PM
I've always been tempted to use one of those 500 slot spaces for fodder and PAs but still I manage just fine with OTP storage so never used the extra storage yet lol

Hysteria1987
Oct 24, 2015, 07:14 PM
Never needed it myself, probably never will. I haven't even had the Prem storage these last few months. There's just not much out there worth keeping IMO, though I can certainly see why you'd want it if you were hoarding affix fodders to sell or something.

milranduil
Oct 24, 2015, 07:19 PM
i've heard nothing about what the nipnips are saying..

i would hope you choose more appropriate names, in the future, for the people of the culture that hosts the very game you play.

Lisk
Oct 24, 2015, 10:20 PM
If you wanted JP reactions, here are some of them
[spoiler-box]The long-awaited storage expansion is coming!

That's way too far away!!! Well, it's great that it's coming, at least.

Think again. The functionality changes are taking too many steps backward. I'd rather have it stay the way it is even if it means getting rid of the additional storage. Why does it turn out like this every time...

I guess all they're capable of is this makeshift extension with that spaghetti code of theirs.

Maybe it simply was a matter of technology not being there yet until now. Let's just hope the contents don't disappear.

There's no way this change is acceptable. What's up with screwing over their paying players who rent storage?

looks like this could improve ship switching

So basically, sending everything to the basic/premium/OTP/character storages during quests, and usually unused items to the extra storage while in the lobby is what they're asking us to do?

The fuck is this? What do they mean we can't list up MyShop from the extra storage? What are we supposed to do to put up items from there then?

Ship 2's gonna lose even more people. y u do dis?

Isn't this gonna drop extra storage sales?

Just convert all stones to being shared over all characters. Storage also won't be hard pressed anymore, so it's win-win.

I'm getting my main outta ship 2

If resellers change ships to buy and sell, dead ships might run out of items...

This is to get PS4 newcomers and mule characters to level up together, isn't it?

You kidding us with January?

It can't be helped with January. Since they sell 90 day storage tickets, they have to announce the functionality changes at least 90 days in advance or it'd be illegal. That's why the update's coming on around the 27th.

My extra storages 1-5 are already full... It's going to be a real bother if they won't be searchable all at once anymore.

If it's going to cause lag, there are other things they can do, aren't there? Incompetent as always

The day to create mule characters has finally come...

Again with the freemium players getting the better deal? For now, I guess stones without immediate use are going straight to mule characters.[/spoiler-box]

tl;dr pretty much the same thing

GHNeko
Oct 24, 2015, 11:02 PM
If you wanted JP reactions, here are some of them
[spoiler-box]The long-awaited storage expansion is coming!

That's way too far away!!! Well, it's great that it's coming, at least.

Think again. The functionality changes are taking too many steps backward. I'd rather have it stay the way it is even if it means getting rid of the additional storage. Why does it turn out like this every time...

I guess all they're capable of is this makeshift extension with that spaghetti code of theirs.

Maybe it simply was a matter of technology not being there yet until now. Let's just hope the contents don't disappear.

There's no way this change is acceptable. What's up with screwing over their paying players who rent storage?

looks like this could improve ship switching

So basically, sending everything to the basic/premium/OTP/character storages during quests, and usually unused items to the extra storage while in the lobby is what they're asking us to do?

The fuck is this? What do they mean we can't list up MyShop from the extra storage? What are we supposed to do to put up items from there then?

Ship 2's gonna lose even more people. y u do dis?

Isn't this gonna drop extra storage sales?

Just convert all stones to being shared over all characters. Storage also won't be hard pressed anymore, so it's win-win.

I'm getting my main outta ship 2

If resellers change ships to buy and sell, dead ships might run out of items...

This is to get PS4 newcomers and mule characters to level up together, isn't it?

You kidding us with January?

It can't be helped with January. Since they sell 90 day storage tickets, they have to announce the functionality changes at least 90 days in advance or it'd be illegal. That's why the update's coming on around the 27th.

My extra storages 1-5 are already full... It's going to be a real bother if they won't be searchable all at once anymore.

If it's going to cause lag, there are other things they can do, aren't there? Incompetent as always

The day to create mule characters has finally come...

Again with the freemium players getting the better deal? For now, I guess stones without immediate use are going straight to mule characters.[/spoiler-box]

tl;dr pretty much the same thing

Ahh they dont mince words lmao.

This is from 2ch right?

Shinmarizu
Oct 25, 2015, 04:47 PM
I see some of our sentiments over this are shared across the ocean. That's both reassuring and depressing at the same time.