PDA

View Full Version : XboxOne controller dying?

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 24, 2015, 04:48 AM
Been using a an xboxone controller for this game since Jan 2015 on windows 8.1 but today it started freaking out.

The right thumb stick that is used to move the camera around and such is acting weird.

Whenever I hold the stick to the right as in moving the camera around it starts to "choke" meaning it stops working. But when I move it to the left and hold it it circles my character perfectly. When I hold it right it like kinda wants to move and it will move sometimes but only a lil bit then if I keep holding it, it stops moving completely :(

As you guys all know this can be very annoying specially when i'm on my FO cuz she can't aim properly in the "FPS mode" camera view to place her foies and such.

At first I thought it was just pso2 being well pso2...but I decided to try other games to make sure it wasn't just pso2 freaking out on me, and sure enough Skyrim did the exact same thing when moving the camera to the right with the right thumb stick. Fired up some The Evil Within and same thing aiming was a pain because I could only aim properly to the left and not the right side.

and for good measure I fired up some PSU aoti haha =P (yup I still like having this game for the offline mode :3) and the exact same problem.

Now it's obviously the controller and not pso2 specially since every game is doing it.

So what do you guys think? I tried unplugging it and re-plugging it back in and it didn't fix anything. I also tried other USB ports in my case and same problem.

One thing I did noticed too is that when I re-plugged it in it didn't make the normal "ringing" sound it normally makes when windows detects it (it's the sound of the vibration motors spinning up) so I tested it again and it's as if the motors are dead or dying. The white led light turns on though and aside from those things I mention everything else works.

Any ideas or other ways to trouble shoot this? I would appreciate it. I don't wanna have to spend 60 bucks on a new controller lol. Specially since pso2 without a controller is unplayable IMO.

sol_trigger
Oct 24, 2015, 05:18 AM
buy an 8$ generic USB joystick and play like a boss ?

wefwq
Oct 24, 2015, 06:28 AM
Buy X360 controller instead because it's just works.

ark0
Oct 24, 2015, 08:18 AM
sounds like the controller is going bad.

however,
if xbox controller is like ps3 , maybe it needs to be reconnected to the system to recharge

arkeido
Oct 24, 2015, 08:55 AM
Bad controller build (most likely).
My Xbone controller right thumb already drifting nonstop after used for like 8 months (the camera will rotate nonstop if moved and only stop sometime if holded on certain position)
not to mention stuck B button.

Punisher106
Oct 24, 2015, 09:23 AM
Check your controller settings, see if you can calibrate it. just search "Controller" in the control panel, and select "Set up USB Game controllers". Pick your controller, and test it out by hitting "Properties". If it's fucked up, go to the settings tab and calibrate it. That worked with my 360 controller.