PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 closes by itself after about 10 minutes of being logged in

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 02:10 PM
Not sure if there's a thread for this, I looked around on saw a dead thread from several months ago, figured it'd be better to make a new one rather than revive the old one.

I just reinstalled PSO2 and the Tweeker after not playing for a little over a year and can run the game fine, but after about 10 minutes the game closes.
All I've done so far is browse the player shop, so one idea I have is that the game thinks I'm inactive and logs me out or something, but a quick google search revealed that other people are having the same issue as me, and the running theme is that we've all got Windows 10 installed.

I can't find a fix for this, and am a bit worried to enter any missions in case the game closes.

Was this a major issue when Windows 10 launched, and if so what was the fix?

Anduril
Oct 25, 2015, 02:23 PM
Have you made sure to put both the game and the tweaker on your anti-virus' and/or Windows Defender's exclusion list?

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 02:25 PM
I have not, but my Windows Defender is turned off. Even trying to open it gives me a "This app is turned off" message.

EDIT: I restarted my PC to see if that would fix the issue, instead of now closing the game now crashes, it outright stops responding.

Flaoc
Oct 25, 2015, 03:35 PM
its a random long shot but try the old/missing files and deleted/empty files

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 04:02 PM
its a random long shot but try the old/missing files and deleted/empty files

Gave that a try, the tweeker started downloading a few files after checking to about 4k, is that something it would do anyway, or is that a sign that it's fixed it?

Deleted/Empty turned up nothing, but Old/Missing triggered the download.

red1228
Oct 25, 2015, 04:37 PM
Gave that a try, the tweeker started downloading a few files after checking to about 4k, is that something it would do anyway, or is that a sign that it's fixed it?

Deleted/Empty turned up nothing, but Old/Missing triggered the download.

When in doubt, run BOTH checks (the Deleted/Empty & the Old/Missing) & let it download the files it finds/needs. That will fix *MOST* problems.

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 04:40 PM
When in doubt, run BOTH checks (the Deleted/Empty & the Old/Missing) & let it download the files it finds/needs. That will fix *MOST* problems.

I let it. It crashed again, right as I went into a mission. Not sure if it was bad timing or if trying to enter the mission is what made the game close. Will try again now and make an edit.

Edit: I got in fine, so the crash wasn't related to entering the mission. :T
So... what now? I let it reinstall what it needed to and its still crashing after about 15 mins.

.Jack
Oct 25, 2015, 04:48 PM
Did they ever release statement that pso2 is compatible with win10? IIRC, there was something about gameguard not being compatible (yet or something).

sorry if this is off topic

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 04:56 PM
Did they ever release statement that pso2 is compatible with win10? IIRC, there was something about gameguard not being compatible (yet or something).

sorry if this is off topic

I heard it was something to do with that.
I was mid-mission and the game crashed. So I can't play PSO2 at all, really. W10 has been out long enough for GameGuard to be made compatible, this is rather annoying...

Anduril
Oct 25, 2015, 05:02 PM
I believe that "officially" PSO2 has been compatible with Windows 10 since August 5th. I personally have never had an issue playing PSO2 on my Windows 10 machine (other than random GG related crashes that had been happening since I got it with Windows 8 ), but everyone's machine is different from hardware to software, so it is often times hard to predict what can happen with all configurations.

.Jack
Oct 25, 2015, 05:19 PM
I heard it was something to do with that.
I was mid-mission and the game crashed. So I can't play PSO2 at all, really. W10 has been out long enough for GameGuard to be made compatible, this is rather annoying...

Ah, I see. If it was working fine before just pick a date and restore back to that date using system restore, give that a try maybe, goodluck.

TheRamosOnline
Oct 25, 2015, 05:22 PM
http://puu.sh/kXxmk/e856344cfa.png

Here's my PC's details Any ideas from this?

Tunga
Oct 25, 2015, 06:03 PM
Well at worse re-download the game.

HaxMega
Oct 25, 2015, 08:56 PM
Is it closing with or without an error? If the game just vanishes, it might be game guard freaking out about the item translation (If your using it). I've heard of that happening before with that patch.

light_song39
Oct 25, 2015, 10:54 PM
Try checking for PSO2 updates using the old method if you haven't already.

Misaki Ki
Oct 25, 2015, 11:04 PM
Should show us what the reliability center says, but honestly, over half the time it's just the TabletInputService that needs to be disabled.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 25, 2015, 11:27 PM
>Windows 10

Son, i....

>Computer Name

Cute tbh fam

>On topic

i have the same issue couple days ago, OP.
solved by restarting my computer

sol_trigger
Oct 26, 2015, 12:21 AM
close your hax bro

TheRamosOnline
Oct 26, 2015, 02:33 AM
Now that I think about it, GameGuard doesn't seem to open at all when I launch PSO2.
And after running the game once, Tweeker will say this
http://puu.sh/kY1xu/f7724a6d49.png

Should show us what the reliability center says, but honestly, over half the time it's just the TabletInputService that needs to be disabled.
I heard this too, but no such Process exists.
http://puu.sh/kY2L3/ccc1cbf838.png

Edit: Okay this is gonna sound dumb. I launched the game using the default launcher and it had to download a few thousand files. And I think I saw the GameGuard box open for a frame or 3.
Maybe that'll fix the issue?

Edit2: Nevermind. Game crashed anyway.

Super Edit: I made a mistake, its the services titled Tablet. Turned those off, but gotta wait for PSO2 to reinstall. Boy, aren't I a dumb one?