PDA

View Full Version : Emergency broadcast! A fragment of the Profound Darkness is approaching Naberius!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 03:48 PM
All ARKS are to begin preparations to destroy it. Estimated time of engagement: 12 hours.

ITT: New EQ speculation, discussion.

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 04:17 PM
Emergency Broadcast! We noticed a massive darker reading close to Naberius planet. The apparition of the [Profound Darkness] is close.

This is an emergency broadcast! (A fragment of) [Profound Darkness] has appeared and is dangerously approaching Naberius. All ARKS operatives please report to the quest counter to defeat the guardian (Double) of the path in Naberius in order to access and destroy the (fragment of) [Profound Darkness].

*pre-Double fight*

Brigitta : Soon, you will be transferred to the front. Your objective is to defeat Dark Falz [Double] to open the path to the [Profound Darkness].
This will be strongest Dark Falz you ever fought, we ask you to be very careful! Everyone please... come back alive.

*pre-PD fight*

Henrietta : The path to the [Profound Darkness] has been opened. The only remaining objective is to take down that massive target.
There are no additional orders. Please success and be very careful ( 'success' before 'careful' because she is a cast and success is more important than ur life u see). You have to... really...

[SPOILER-BOX]3 ! 2 ! 1 ! GOOOO[/SPOILER-BOX]

*mini spaceships send missile at PD which avoid all of them and destroy the spaceships* PEEEEW PEEEW BOM BOM BOOOOM BOOOM

Ahem!
Ah err... this isn't the goal of the topic ?

I expect Profound Darkness to be like Anga : "So uuh... you powned me with those Jetboots uh ? MAGIC SHIELD, IT IS NOW 1% EFFECTIVE !!"

Also you don't know where to find the EQ announcement voice files ? :(

HentaiLolicon
Oct 27, 2015, 04:24 PM
Meanwhile on B1
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JJYipgk.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zanverse
Oct 27, 2015, 04:25 PM
*pre-Double fight*

Brigitta : Soon, you will be transferred to the front. Your objective is to defeat Dark Falz [Double] to open the path to the [Profound Darkness].
This will be strongest Dark Falz you ever fought, we ask you to be very careful! Everyone please... come back alive.

*pre-PD fight*

Henrietta : The path to the [Profound Darkness] has been opened. The only remaining objective is to take down that massive target.
There are no additional orders. Please success and be very careful. You have to... really...

3 ! 2 ! 1 ! GOOOO

*mini spaceships send missile at PD which avoid all of them and destroy the spaceships* PEEEEW PEEEW BOM BOM BOOOOM BOOOM

Ahem!
Ah err... this isn't the goal of the topic ?

I expect Profound Darkness to be like Anga : "So uuh... you powned me with those Jetboots uh ? MAGIC SHIELD, IT IS NOW 1% EFFECTIVE !!"

This got me really hyped. I can't wait to see wreck everyone.

Here's some music to get everyone up pumped for a beatdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvFO6KDPWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39FuQXuN8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk52_3hqraE

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 04:28 PM
Meanwhile on B1
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JJYipgk.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meanwhile on whole Ship 2 after 1 min of Dark Falz Double :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.stack.imgur.com/aYo99.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Inb4 we don't get the ARKS effect thing because our Annihilation rate reach 2%

Also thanks Zanverse for the songs. :wacko:

HentaiLolicon
Oct 27, 2015, 04:31 PM
One of my weird hobbies is counting dead bodies :3

Azure Falcon
Oct 27, 2015, 04:40 PM
This is going to be the first time I'll be going blind into a new major boss fight so I'm pretty hyped. I'm undecided if I should run Fi/Hu in case damage output is going to be the sticking point, or err on the side of caution and run full support Te/Bo to ensure all status ailments, Zanverse and non-stop healing is covered so we do not fail.

Either way, hearing Idola The Strange Fruits ingame for the first time in a decade will be a wonderful thing. I've got my fingers crossed that Viel Hunar's theme will be used too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8zDvB2JVI

Xaelouse
Oct 27, 2015, 04:41 PM
Not all that exciting to be honest, mostly because this is scheduled only. Just gotta snipe an early block

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 04:48 PM
This is going to be the first time I'll be going blind into a new major boss fight so I'm pretty hyped. I'm undecided if I should run Fi/Hu in case damage output is going to be the sticking point, or err on the side of caution and run full support Te/Bo to ensure all status ailments, Zanverse and non-stop healing is covered so we do not fail.

Either way, hearing Idola The Strange Fruits ingame for the first time in a decade will be a wonderful thing. I've got my fingers crossed that Viel Hunar's theme will be used too:

[BGM] Phantasy Star Online 2 - Viel Hunar (Verse 2) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8zDvB2JVI)

Profound Darkness inflicts Bind status, according to datamining, making it the only enemy in the game to do so.

Shinamori
Oct 27, 2015, 04:52 PM
Meanwhile on whole Ship 2 after 1 min of Dark Falz Double :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.stack.imgur.com/aYo99.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Inb4 we don't get the ARKS effect thing because our Annihilation rate reach 2%

Also thanks Zanverse for the songs. :wacko:

The exact reason I'm moving own of the 70+ characters to ship4 or some other ship that's not 2.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 27, 2015, 04:52 PM
mostly because this is scheduled only

Of course.

Really wish they'd go back to making all EQs possibly random. At least the game would *look* more active. I haven't logged on much besides for DOs, TACOs, and profound invasion/magatsu for weeks.

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 04:58 PM
Wait are they really going to do this one Scheduled Only ?

WHyyyyyyyyyyyy ?

Shinamori
Oct 27, 2015, 04:59 PM
Gotta keep people from farming them 13*s :V

Zanverse
Oct 27, 2015, 05:02 PM
They're scheduled for Japanese time, so that they can play it during the day. I'd usually have to be up at like 6AM to catch Magatsu before the lobbies filled up.

I'd usually head to YouTube to see a playthrough of a new EQ, buuuuut, I might just wait to play it myself eventually.

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 05:05 PM
Well I'm lucky, most of the scheduled EQ for me happens at 11:00 AM // 12:00AM, 2:00PM, 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM :wacko:

HentaiLolicon
Oct 27, 2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks to those Scheduled EQs, I don't have to worry about midnight Magatsu

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 05:07 PM
For me, scheduled EQs tend to happen at 10 PM, midnight, 2 AM, 8 AM, 9 AM, and 10 AM.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 27, 2015, 05:08 PM
Hope Super Treatment works on bind. So that I can bring TE/HU and provide godly PP for the MPA :wacko:

Cyber Meteor
Oct 27, 2015, 05:11 PM
Where have you seen it was scheduled only? One sure thing is bumped.org never mentionned it was at any time. I read somewhere in this forum ppl said they saw the EQ schedule for this quest but that doesn't confirm it's scheduled only since it only shows the scheduled ones, not the random ones, right? :-?. Also the previous final bosses of Episode 1 & 2 are still random and they now drop 13*s in XH. So if it's really scheduled only i would like to see an official confirmation since i haven't seen any and i searched for it tbh:-P

HentaiLolicon
Oct 27, 2015, 05:14 PM
Where have you seen it was scheduled only? One sure thing is bumped.org never mentionned it was at any time. I read somewhere in this forum ppl said they saw the EQ schedule for this quest but that doesn't confirm it's scheduled only since it only shows the scheduled ones, not the random ones, right? :-?. Also the previous final bosses of Episode 1 & 2 are still random and they now drop 13*s in XH. So if it's really scheduled only i would like to see an official confirmation since i haven't seen any and i searched for it tbh:-P
Calm down bruh, just some prediction. But if it's gonna mess up things like Magatsu did, Sega will indeed make it scheduled

raialeus
Oct 27, 2015, 05:14 PM
When Magatsu was a random EQ, a lot of JP players were complaining about Ship 3
having the most Magatsu EQ rate and ship 3 players are 2000 excubes ahead.
Eventually people started saying EP3 Director Suganuma plays on Ship 3 and sent in claims.
And now people complain about people with several characters on different ships.......when does it end?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 05:15 PM
Where have you seen it was scheduled only? One sure thing is bumped.org never mentionned it was at any time.P

It was mentioned in the Famitsu scans.

Cyber Meteor
Oct 27, 2015, 05:23 PM
It was mentioned in the Famitsu scans.

I see, well.... then good news : stones reward will probably be at least the same than magatsu Dulgar stones (10-15 per XH EQ^^;); bad news : i'm usually either at school or sleeping during JP schedule time :disapprove:

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 05:28 PM
stones reward will probably be at least the same than magatsu Dulgar stones

I hope so. I need another pair of 13* Jetboots for my BO/FI T-atk build. :wacko:

EvilMag
Oct 27, 2015, 05:37 PM
the reason for making double/pd schedule only is most likely cause of people complaining that they keep missing random eqs.

dumb I know.

Z-0
Oct 27, 2015, 06:02 PM
Scheduled Only is not prediction, because SEGA have said so themselves:

予告専用新緊急クエスト 「世界を壊す流転の徒花」
"New Scheduled Only Emergency Quest [Quest Name]"

It's right here on this page: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20151014/01/

Naoya Kiriyama
Oct 27, 2015, 06:03 PM
bad news : i'm usually either at school or sleeping during JP schedule time :disapprove:

Pretty much this. So my interest in EQ is almost zero

Cyber Meteor
Oct 27, 2015, 06:10 PM
@Z-0: In the page you linked I noticed a line that has "random" in it (i can read katakana at least^^) : なお、この緊急クエストは、通常の緊急クエストのようにランダムでは発生せず、運営イベントの予告緊急での み発生する。イベント情報はプレイヤーズサイトで事前に公開するぞ.

Google traduction gives this : "It should be noted that this urgent quest, in the normal emergency random as the quest does not occur, the notice occurs only in emergency operational events. Event information will be published in advance in the Players site". Pretty clear imo

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 06:32 PM
It says it's not in the random selection.

Raujinn
Oct 27, 2015, 06:40 PM
I speculate that it'll be annoying for anyone not in an organised MPA, so business as usual. I also anticipate people screaming about noobs ruining their attempts despite it being day 1.

KLMS1
Oct 27, 2015, 07:02 PM
To paraphrase a reasonably famous book, "A glimpse at the ARKS in action... ugliness and failure" :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 27, 2015, 07:52 PM
the reason for making double/pd schedule only is most likely cause of people complaining that they keep missing random eqs.

dumb I know.

I'd like to give SEGA more credit than that, but they don't make it easy...

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 09:09 PM
inb4 first scheduled PD is 6 hours after maint ends

arkeido
Oct 27, 2015, 09:10 PM
inb4 first scheduled PD is 6 hours after maint ends

You know that's most likely gonna happen... (around 20-23 JST)

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 09:13 PM
Hopefully it's just 4 hours, but I doubt it'll be any less than that.

wefwq
Oct 27, 2015, 09:53 PM
They tend to snatch the premiere of new EQ to prime time, so it's more likely going to happen.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 28, 2015, 01:41 AM
They tend to snatch the premiere of new EQ to prime time, so it's more likely going to happen.

i just hope the proxy is working properly before that happens

tbh fam

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 02:11 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7187

Schedule finally went up, EQ at 20 JST

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 02:16 AM

So 3 hours and 45 minutes from now.

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 02:29 AM
The field where the Profound Darkness is fought is called "The end of the corrupted world".

Is Naberius going bye-bye, or is it going to be cleansed of corruption? The former seems like it would tie in with episode 4's subtitle better, and it doesn't look like the planet's doing so good in the final phase of the fight.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 28, 2015, 02:40 AM

well shit, still at work and proxy prolly still not working around that time

JUST
U
S
T

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 03:19 AM
The field where the Profound Darkness is fought is called "The end of the corrupted world".

Is Naberius going bye-bye, or is it going to be cleansed of corruption? The former seems like it would tie in with episode 4's subtitle better, and it doesn't look like the planet's doing so good in the final phase of the fight.

What is the name of Double area ?

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 03:31 AM
The field where Double is fought is the skies of Naberius.

I guess they just create a fancy battlefield for us to fight them on.

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 03:44 AM
Sweet, I now understand why there are purple/pink-ish barriers in this area.

But what a weird name for PD area.

Aine
Oct 28, 2015, 05:15 AM
so do we have any tooltips datamined yet for the EQ

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 05:45 AM
Emergency announcement. [Profound Darkness] readings are increasing in the skies of Naberius.

Selphea
Oct 28, 2015, 05:48 AM
...I guessa sky is a fitting place for a Disney castle boss complete with fireworks.

Zanverse
Oct 28, 2015, 05:51 AM
Awh man, I'll be missing all three Double EQs today. Hopefully someone's live streaming, or is going to upload to YouTube.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2015, 06:17 AM
Sega.

Wow. Just wow. That's all I got to say.

Actually, I got a bit more to say. Thank you for bringing back the one good thing from Episode 3: The Strange Fruits.

Nyansan
Oct 28, 2015, 06:18 AM
BEST.EQ.EVER

arkeido
Oct 28, 2015, 06:20 AM
This EQ...

TOTALLY
EPIC

[SPOILER-BOX]That part when you fight yourself tho
http://i.imgur.com/0khZjrf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 06:24 AM
Pretty amazing fight, but too easy.

wefwq
E P I C
P
I
C

Totally didn't saw the part when you fight your own self all alone coming, but i think this EQ are too easy probably because they gone too far with the arks level character boosting.

This EQ are also slightly gave me the final boss of PSP2 vibe, maybe it's because of the skybox or something...

Maninbluejumpsuit
The fight design was a step in the right direction. Lower HP pools. Less uptime on the giant 'hit me here' bullseye. Weakened WB. Phases where you have to dodge instead of mongo-ing the boss into the ground.

I'm optimistic that they'll slowly prune the cancer out of some of their game mechanics.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 28, 2015, 06:25 AM
Abit easy though, 30mins for 1 run yet we smoked it in 10mins (XH pug)

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2015, 06:26 AM
This EQ...

TOTALLY
EPIC

[SPOILER-BOX]That part when you fight yourself tho
http://i.imgur.com/0khZjrf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

YOU! ARE NOT ME!

Mesarthim
Oct 28, 2015, 06:27 AM
This EQ made me briefly forget that SEGA made this game. I can sleep satisfied even if it is on the short side.

Ryziou
Oct 28, 2015, 06:29 AM
BEST.EQ.EVER

This.

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 06:30 AM
Both fights were really fun compared to what they've offered in the past, but I feel like both bosses could've stood to have a bit more HP.

PD barely got to do anything in phase 3 before it died, and I wasn't even with a particularly good group judging from some of the other clear times I've seen floating around.

But in any case, if 6 stones is the norm for a clear of the EQ, it's going to take forever before anyone has an Ostia weapon. Assuming they continue having 10 Double/PD EQs a week, it'll take a month just to get enough stones for one weapon, provided you can actually make all of them. Not to mention all the Falz grinding that'll be needed, as well...

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 06:30 AM
Got spammed of Satellite Canon by myself.

jooozek
Oct 28, 2015, 06:31 AM
i thought there will be a 2nd part, well that was disappointing

Zanverse
Oct 28, 2015, 06:32 AM
"Too short"

"Not enough HP"

Maybe... your MPA was just 2 stronk 4 Dubble n PeeDee?

Also: What were the official names for Double and PD, anyway?

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 06:33 AM
Though shockingly easy, the fight made up for it by being amazing in every other way. Rose Confession at the end was beautiful, and the flower field was a very pleasant surprise. I hope future content can keep up this level of quality while upping the difficulty a bit.

Also, I didn't fight a clone of myself, I just got the regular old masked Persona. Does it have anything to do with story completion? I haven't touched most of the matter board on the character I did the EQ with, but I wouldn't mind going through episode 3 on a couple more characters for that.

hoangsea
too easy
i'm dissapointed
fk you SEGA !

wefwq
i thought there will be a 2nd part, well that was disappointing
Yeah, the fight was very short and only ONCE per EQ session.

Epic fight aside, anyone getting something worth mentioning?
All i got are all *10 and *11 and it's not even that much.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2015, 06:34 AM
Got a Granfol. Been away a while, so I dunno if that's still worthwhile.

EvilMag
People on twitter are reporting Elder and Loser's 13*s drop.

landman
I felt like I was doing crap damage with light techs, but it went down, I'm guessing if it has huge def but not so much HP

Dreamwalk3r
Oct 28, 2015, 06:35 AM
Awesome fight (still not leveled enough for XH, so ran it on SH).
And yeah, getting knocked down and then satcan all over was really fun oO

red1228
Oct 28, 2015, 06:35 AM
Also, I didn't fight a clone of myself, I just got the regular old masked Persona. Does it have anything to do with story completion? I haven't touched most of the matter board on the character I did the EQ with, but I wouldn't mind going through episode 3 on a couple more characters for that.

I fought a clone of myself, including my current outfit. I did clear MB 3-7, though. So It probably is based on your progress in Story mode.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 28, 2015, 06:36 AM
Though shockingly easy, the fight made up for it by being amazing in every other way. Rose Confession at the end was beautiful, and the flower field was a very pleasant surprise. I hope future content can keep up this level of quality while upping the difficulty a bit.

I guess you have to do Story mode to the point you unmask Persona. Got Persona here too.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2015, 06:37 AM
Also: What were the official names for Double and PD, anyway?

Dark Falz Double and [深遠なる闇] (Shin'en'naru yami).

--

I got masked Persona in the end as well. Makes sense it would be locked to story progression. My Persona went down after a couple Ilgrants and Ragrants though...didn't really get to see anything besides a couple explosions.

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 06:39 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Ww2N6gz.jpg

MY FACE ! MY PRECIOUS FACE ![/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 06:40 AM
My clone wasn't using techs or PAs I had been using; just generic energy blasts/slashes, and I finished 3-7.

Wonder what causes it to actually fight like you.

Maenara
I felt like I was doing crap damage with light techs, but it went down, I'm guessing if it has huge def but not so much HP

It changes its weaknesses, as opposed to resistances like weaknesses. I noticed that its weakness changed from Light to Jet Boots weakness.

Poyonche
I was using Jetboots at the moment I fought "it", so I don't think it copy your PAs or techs.

Also saw u Maenara.

Superia
Faith slightly restored.

final_attack
The castle kinda annoying for me :wacko: Saw the core, DeadApproach to the core, the castle decide to spin making the core elsewhere too many times :wacko:

And yeah, didn't expect to fight my clone solo o-o It's indeed fully equipped like mine, including the accessories. Using Tmg GuRa, but the clone fighting with EnergyBlasts and Sword slashes.

Also, if you get the Invade drop, the element will be based on RNG like always (what I saw on Twitter though. Someone untekked an InvadeKatana and got < 40 ele) o-o The 60ele Invade on acquirement only from Zieg >_>

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 06:42 AM
At least the element value on them doesn't really matter since the weapon is meant to be converted into an Ostia weapon.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 28, 2015, 06:44 AM
It'll be a long way, got 2 Nero crystals only - -

Azure Falcon
Oct 28, 2015, 06:44 AM
Profound Darkness was shockingly easy, Double killed me once but PD's big "oh shit" attacks were rarely even taking off a quarter HP. I also didn't see any point like Loser where you'd want status ailments or anything. That said it was ridiculously good fun, I loved the bit where everything blanks out and then you have to solo fight Persona. I'm assuming everyone's damage and attacks pool together for that part though, because somehow mine ended up with a WB stuck on it which I certainly couldn't fire.

And wow, Rose Confession with the flower field at the end? Nostalgia overload.

Shame about the drops though, an inventory full of Dio garbage and 6 stones of some kind.

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 06:45 AM
If you never get an invade weapon drop, to 60% an Austere weapon it's 400 Caligula and 200 Nero. Assuming you can make up Neros from other sources (AQ ruins maybe?) and assuming 6 is the average it will only take 67 runs...

Those who are willing to ship transfer will get the weapons faster of course, ugh.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 06:51 AM
Darkness units are (of course) 11*.
No idea what the stats are.

Rear unit seems to be exceptionally rare.

final_attack
Oct 28, 2015, 06:52 AM
Based on Twitter again .....

Unit set is 2 piece (Rear + Arm) ..... (Weapon + Leg)

Rear + Arm = +10PP, +70 All-Atk, +50 Dex (and 3 ele resistance +3)
Weapon + Leg = +70 All-Atk, +100 Dex (and the other 3 ele resistance +3)

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 06:53 AM
Uh, so giving you bunch of dex for the damage variance of Invade weps ?

knight1301
Oct 28, 2015, 06:55 AM
Things I love in this boss are effects and scene when boss appear. Can take some to make background XD

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/eZ5Bj24.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Magicks
Oct 28, 2015, 06:57 AM

So... Total is +140 ATK, +10PP, +150 DEX, and all +3 elements?

nty

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 06:58 AM

Okay, I'm starting to think Sega is genuinely afraid of replacing Saikis.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 07:00 AM
Anyone else notice that Dark Falz Double's wall attack ignores i-frames and guarding?

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 07:00 AM
Double dropped a wall on me and I got my ass kicked by myself (Kazan Type 0 is nasty on the wrong end), but otherwise Everything Went Better Than Expected.

Still got an inventoryful of Dios as usual though. .-.

EDIT:

Anyone else notice that Dark Falz Double's wall attack ignores i-frames and guarding?

Pretty sure I dodged through it at least once.

Magicks
Oct 28, 2015, 07:01 AM
Okay, I'm starting to think Sega is genuinely afraid of replacing Saikis.

Maybe. SEGA is probably trying to diversify the sets and make them offer something different, but... Well, you just can't beat how desirable +PP is unless you give players a huge attack boost.

(inb4 large resists and health boost sets. :wacko: )

Double dropped a wall on me and I got my ass kicked by myself (Kazan Type 0 is nasty on the wrong end), but otherwise Everything Went Better Than Expected.

Still got an inventoryful of Dios as usual though. .-.

EDIT:

Pretty sure I dodged through it at least once.

I'm not sure about guarding, but the wall's dodge-able. Stylish Rolls OP.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 07:06 AM
Ah. Well, it's not blockable, it ignored my guard completely.

EvilMag
Oct 28, 2015, 07:07 AM
any idea if Ultimate Buster has any effect on Profound?

final_attack
Oct 28, 2015, 07:07 AM

I slipped through it with S-Roll o-o Not sure about guarding.

Edit :
For units, I guess I'll stick to Tian + random Leg .... or going XQ for fashion purpose :wacko:

Cyber Meteor
Oct 28, 2015, 07:11 AM
I'm pretty sure i JGed the Double wall, but maybe it's picky on the timing

wefwq
Oct 28, 2015, 07:14 AM
Ah. Well, it's not blockable, it ignored my guard completely.
lame guard or Just Guard(TM)?

And whatever happened to swiki, i'm sure as hell that bunch of people are thinking what i think.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/l0Dax.png[/spoiler-box]

nguuuquaaa
Oct 28, 2015, 07:16 AM
I tanked it :wacko:
Died once due to forgetting Deband plus PP Convert in effect. It does like 1.2k damage so it's tankable.

TaigaUC
Oct 28, 2015, 07:18 AM
I wrote a basic guide.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230615

Guess I should see if I can fit it into my sig.

Chris_Chocobo
Oct 28, 2015, 07:18 AM
I only have to say: that was a fucking epic final battle!!! Im still hyped after defeating PD

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 07:21 AM
lame guard or Just Guard(TM)?

And whatever happened to swiki, i'm sure as hell that bunch of people are thinking what i think.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/l0Dax.png[/spoiler-box]

Dunno, didn't even get the sound effect, just knocked me down and dealt full damage. I recorded the fight, will upload to youtube later.

Chidori
Oct 28, 2015, 07:24 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Ww2N6gz.jpg

MY FACE ! MY PRECIOUS FACE ![/SPOILER-BOX]

I was there haha xD Man this EQ was so damn amazing!!! ^^
here are some screens i took in th Double EQ = http://gunvalk.saik0.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22&start=820

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 07:27 AM
PD's Final Form seems totally calculated to make Loser go green with envy 'cause he just ain't FABULOUS enough.

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 07:33 AM
Dunno, didn't even get the sound effect, just knocked me down and dealt full damage. I recorded the fight, will upload to youtube later.

Then everyone will see this part of the fight :
Random person : "I KILLED THOSE TWO !"
Me :"Kids never die in Disney."

:v

Chidori
Oct 28, 2015, 07:39 AM
Ok here are some screens i took on the new Double EQ ^^ BEST EQ EVAHHHHH!!!!! ^^
http://gunvalk.saik0.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22&start=820

Hopefully the link works now ^^;

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 09:15 AM
10 minutes to clear on XH, this time. Bosses definitely need more HP.

Ryziou
Oct 28, 2015, 09:26 AM
So 6 Caligula stones per complete, so 16-17 completions for one Austere/Invade weapon

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 09:28 AM
Don't forget the title.

1 run = 5 stones
10 runs = 15 stones
30 runs = 30 stones. :wacko:

I just want a new 13*. But which one ? Idk.

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 09:29 AM
My first run got uploaded, I guess it will take some time for youtube to have it in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHctIJJk9h0

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 09:29 AM
10 minutes to clear on XH, this time. Bosses definitely need more HP.

I think some actual mechanics as well as a buff to HP would be good. XH Loser and Magatsu aren't exactly complex, but the fights require players to actually know certain things in order to succeed in an efficient manner, and Magatsu was actually pretty fun when he first came out and everyone actually scrambled to try and properly clear the emergency trials that popped up. The fight nails everything else though, it gives way more of a PSO feel than most bosses in the game.

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 09:32 AM
I'm finding this fight pretty hard to contribute to as a Hu/Fi, as chasing Double towers only to have it move away because most of my attacks charge is a little irritating! For that part I feel I'm gonna have to bring some decent fighter weapons or something nippier to get some damage out before it runs away.

PFD part isn't so bad for it, though having a fun time trying to work out which side is wise and which is brave. It seems that the north side is wise stance and the south side is brave stance, where the mid-point of the arena itself is considered the center point. I'm not certain on this though

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 09:36 AM
Having bosses that are actually aggressive enough to force you to focus on dodging for more then a second or two is a step in the right direction as far as difficulty goes, IMO.

But yeah. PD needs more HP and/or shorter stun periods, because it won't even get a chance to use all of its attacks against a semi-competent group. Somehow got a faster kill time this run even though it got more attacks off, though.

Gaylar
Oct 28, 2015, 09:46 AM
Just fought PD for the first time-

That was honestly the most enjoyable fight I've ever had in this game.

That fucking 1v1 against Persona was fucking baller. 'Course I'm not sure what to actually do there since he ended up wiping me anyway. I'm going to ASSUME Sega put a literal DPS check into this fight (albeit likely a minor one). I was using Partizans at the time, and aiming Volg on a small target that moves around like him isn't always guaranteed, next time Swords definitely.

He does die ridiculously quickly though, I could see a good MPA burning him down in no time flat. Double was more annoying, tbh, what with their constantly moving weakpoint until the 2nd phase of the fight.

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 09:53 AM
PD has multiple DPS checks, but the first two are really unlikely to actually be failed (Whenever it's pointing its core towards that platform, it'll laser everybody if it's not damaged enough).

Dunno how tight the one at the solo segment is, but it's never taken me more then maybe 10-15 seconds to KO myself.

Unnamed Player
Oct 28, 2015, 09:55 AM
I don't know what it is but i find the PD fight incredibly boring(with the exception of the solo part) compared to DF Loser.

ShinMegamiSensei
Oct 28, 2015, 09:55 AM
Well the Persona 1v1 is a shared HP pool, if someone else WB's their Persona, it'll apply on yours too. Everyone spawns at the same time afterwards, also.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 09:59 AM
So 6 Caligula stones per complete, so 16-17 completions for one Austere/Invade weapon

Are you sure you got Caligulas? I checked and my first run I got 4 Nero stones and 0 Caligula. Second run I got 6 Nero stones and 2 Caligula.

Cypher_9
Oct 28, 2015, 10:03 AM
So um, I had a fun fight... looked very familiar to an older series... but what... HMMMM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSqh_oUCRIE

ShinMegamiSensei
Oct 28, 2015, 10:04 AM
Are you sure you got Caligulas? I checked and my first run I got 4 Nero stones and 0 Caligula. Second run I got 6 Nero stones and 2 Caligula.
I got 6 caligula each run, and only 1 nero from one of them.

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 10:05 AM
For data collection purposes: I got 10 Caligula and 1 Nero total so far.

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2015, 10:06 AM
I got 6 caligula each run, and only 1 nero from one of them.

this is more accurate for PD

arkeido
Oct 28, 2015, 10:09 AM
2 run (+title) : 17 caligula + 1 nero
with 30 cubes each

Cyber Meteor
Oct 28, 2015, 10:10 AM
2 runs : 6 Caligula and 2 Nero for each run (so i'm at 17 Cal and 4 Nero counting the title reward) , used a 250+100 tri for both

Ryziou
Oct 28, 2015, 10:12 AM

I'm pretty sure I have 12 Caligulas now, I'll check later when I have time.

KuroNeko77
Oct 28, 2015, 10:20 AM
2 runs (+Title) : 14 Caligulas & 1 Nero here.

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 10:23 AM
So far Caligulas are pretty consistent, with Neros being fairly random. In theory this isn't such an issue given other Falzes can drop Neros, but this depends on their drop rates. I don't have the SHAQ caps to throw away just to find out, however.

Achelousaurus
Oct 28, 2015, 10:25 AM
That felt so pointless ._.
Emergency Code: 100m sprint. Certainly not made for melee.
And holy shit this is easy.

Double was pretty fun cause it's so silly. It's nice to fight an evil bouncy castle that throws evil clown castles at you XD.
But aside from that it was total crap.
About as bad to fight with melee as a laggy magatsu run.
I spent most of the double fight just running towards the attackable parts (with lockon you find them instantly so I didn't even have to search) and then they broke so fast I could not use katana combat at all and got in maybe 1-2 volg combos before they broke.

PD wasn't much better, most of the time waiting for a part to be attackable.
I felt like 3/4 of this fight is just waiting and running.
Like Sega thought if people deal too much damage, lets simply not allow them to deal damage in the first place.
And PD was way to clusterfucky at times with all the bigass light show effects.

Aside from that, I'm not sure it was meant to be challenging.
The damage was so low there was practically no need to even dodge and by the time PD rolled out the big 800dmg guns ARKS effect got me 250% hp anyway.
And I had all the pp in the world but no targets to attack most of the time.

Felt like facility Bal Rodos without a harpoon to me.
Get your fucking attack patterns done and let me actually do something for Christ's sake.

Also, I didn't find it even remotely epic. Space Cannons aren't really epic unless it's space battle beam spam, this reminded me of nothing more than that 1st battle in the Tytania anime.
Eventually PD turned into a more threatening form but by then the fight was almost over and I was at 2500 or so hp and it couldn't even scratch me.

What a gigantic letdown.
I don't mind long boss battles, in fact I prefer them. But artificially stretching them by not letting me deal damage is just crappy filler.
And holy shit is this annoying as melee.

PokeminMaster
Oct 28, 2015, 10:26 AM
I double-checked, I got 17 Profound Caligula and 0 Dark Nero between my two runs

Koishi
Oct 28, 2015, 10:27 AM
So far Caligulas are pretty consistent, with Neros being fairly random. In theory this isn't such an issue given other Falzes can drop Neros, but this depends on their drop rates. I don't have the SHAQ caps to throw away just to find out, however.
It's RNG i guess, i've killed 5 Hunars on AQSH and only got 1 Nero from him

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 10:44 AM
Is that max risk?

e: Or more to the point, what risk level heh. Only reason I ask is to try to work out what level range might drop it.

TaigaUC
Oct 28, 2015, 10:57 AM
Updated my guide. Think I got nearly everything now.
It's such a straightforward and easy battle that the guide is kinda pointless, but whatever.
Did a clear with 8 people, because for some reason 4 people left immediately even though it was 12/12 and the EQ was no longer accessible.

Knuckles flattens both bosses pretty easily. Heartless Impact for travel works well.

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 11:03 AM
When i click on your "Double+Darkness"

[SPOILER-BOX]You reached this page because one of the following reasons:

The ad you clicked on has expired or been stopped by the advertiser.

The click fraud detection system has redflagged the clicks on this ad post for suspicious click patterns and the user posting this ad may be banned if click fraud is confirmed.

The user posting this ad has been banned for click fraud or spamming.

The advertiser targeted the ad to a specific geographic region and your IP address is not in that region.

If you land on this page, the advertiser is not charged for this click and the user posting the ad is not paid for this click.
Please read the Terms of Service. It is strictly enforced.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Koishi
Oct 28, 2015, 11:21 AM
Is that max risk?

e: Or more to the point, what risk level heh. Only reason I ask is to try to work out what level range might drop it.
I did AQSH from risk 10 to 20 and it dropped at risk 20
I think it need to be checked again if Nero drops from Falz 76+, I have only killed 1 Hunar 76+ through

milranduil
Oct 28, 2015, 11:39 AM
5 lv 80 hunar so far, 1 nero. Either my RNG sucks, or rate is shit.

Shinamori
Oct 28, 2015, 11:39 AM
You think it would drop from Anna too.

Goukezitsu
Oct 28, 2015, 11:54 AM
So how'd you guys rank?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rdk47Sx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Seems useless and like a weird afterthought unless there's something I've missed about it.
There isn't even a board for it (that I know of).

It's a really cinematic fight. It's very easy but it's cool to play through and see the different phases so I'm happy with it.

RealKillaK
Oct 28, 2015, 12:08 PM
So how'd you guys rank?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/d40de3c5b5d1f2e3efd5d84f9f5171fc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Got 1st on First Run but didnt happen again ;_; we killed double in under 2 mins but PD took a decade D:

ZerotakerZX
Oct 28, 2015, 12:12 PM
So how'd you guys rank?

Seems useless and like a weird afterthought unless there's something I've missed about it.

It's a really cinematic fight. It's very easy but it's cool to play through and see the different phases so I'm happy with it.

I got no ranking info during my victory pose...:-?

Ryziou
Oct 28, 2015, 12:20 PM
So how'd you guys rank?

2x I forgot, but somewhere in the 20's

final_attack
Oct 28, 2015, 12:30 PM
So how'd you guys rank?

Didn't rank on 1st run.

2nd run, 45th. 100% pugs, with 2-4 people maybe never ran it (they watched the whole movie, like I did the first time lol ). At least 2 WB'er, I think (1 Ra-main and 1 Gu-main) o-o Probably 1 group since the WB never ran out, so they coordinate well.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/l0U7k/8c2f5d12b4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

DebandToughness + DebandCut + support role indeed make a lot of difference in number of casualties (including me. 0 death on 1st run with Te-main available in mpa.) x:

Chidori
Oct 28, 2015, 01:50 PM
nice ;p , i added more screens of my second run of Double/Profound Darkness EQ here ^^
http://gunvalk.saik0.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22&start=820

Z-0
Oct 28, 2015, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know if the ranking places actually do anything?

My team got 1st the first round and 2nd the second round, but they say nothing actually happened...

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 02:02 PM
It's provably just an e-penis reward, just like Mine Defense.

Xaelouse
Oct 28, 2015, 02:16 PM
The arks boost needs to be toned down

sparab
Oct 28, 2015, 02:46 PM
3.5 rounds of TT4:

double*4, nero drop 0
apprentice*1, nero drop 1

Nero stones turn out to be the most difficult part of austre weapons as I feared. Chance of Sega mis-entered the drop rate?

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 03:27 PM
3.5 rounds of TT4:

double*4, nero drop 0

Nero stones turn out to be the most difficult part of austre weapons as I feared. Chance of Sega mis-entered the drop rate?

Zero. Sega probably expects us to farm all the Dark Falzes now that Neros drop from them all.

Chidori
Oct 28, 2015, 03:38 PM
Here is a video of our Run in the new EQ ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfLBZ5qwwY

Azure Falcon
Oct 28, 2015, 03:40 PM
3.5 rounds of TT4:

double*4, nero drop 0

1 more than me, I still haven't got any Nero stones despite stacking the usual 380% rare boost for TT4 and both PD EQs. I'm not even going to waste my time aiming for the new weapons if these garbage drop rates are intended, spending months "farming" random Falz EQs for the minuscule chance of a single stone per run is not my idea of fun.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 03:41 PM
12 person boss (noun): A time-gated cutscene that 12 people can interact with to determine the length of. As a reward for watching the whole cutscene, these frequently reward the players with 10 star weapons.

Superia
Oct 28, 2015, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if the ranking places actually do anything?

My team got 1st the first round and 2nd the second round, but they say nothing actually happened...

I was thinking it would be something like a higher chance for the drops, but I'm not sure what made me think that.

Achelousaurus
Oct 28, 2015, 03:50 PM
It's provably just an e-penis reward, just like Mine Defense.
Isn't Mine Defense ranking tied to drops? It's what people keep telling me.

12 person boss (noun): A time-gated cutscene that 12 people can interact with to determine the length of. As a reward for watching the whole cutscene, these frequently reward the players with 10 star weapons.
XD

Dreamwalk3r
Oct 28, 2015, 03:53 PM

So basically Sega understood modern gaming?

Ordy
Had a 630 during my first run, took a screenshot of this, not sure if I should cry or laugh:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fSKWUfi.jpg?1[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Isn't Mine Defense ranking tied to drops? It's what people keep telling me.

XD
S-Ranking gives more drops, not scoring first in the EQ, if you are first and only one tower is standing you get the bottom line drops.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 03:57 PM
So basically Sega understood modern gaming?

I don't know about you, but most of the games I play you can actually lose. Honestly... I don't know how much longer I'll keep playing this game, if ultimate bosses like [Profound Darkness] can be effortlessly defeated by an unorganized group in 5 minutes flat.

I just... It's not DIFFICULT, Sega. It's not HARD to make something a challenge. People aren't going to riot if failure can actually happen.

Shinamori
Oct 28, 2015, 03:59 PM
Yes, they will riot (more like bitch).

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2015, 03:59 PM
Had a 630 during my first run, took a screenshot of this, not sure if I should cry or laugh:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fSKWUfi.jpg?1[/SPOILER-BOX]

even with the blocks having been populated all the way till the premium block?

Rain Walker
Oct 28, 2015, 04:01 PM
Yes, they will riot (more like bitch).

This statement is absolutely utterly true.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 04:03 PM
If Sega could have some god damn integrity in any area besides their hyper-grind-stone-shit, that would be absolutely amazing.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2015, 04:08 PM
If Sega could have some god damn integrity in any area besides their hyper-grind-stone-shit, that would be absolutely amazing.

But that ain't how F2P works. We all knew this is how the game would be when it was announce to be F2P (well, at least anyone with any sentience and who pays attention to business model trends). They just want to make the game a massive time (or money, you choose) sink.

Anyway, I'm glad this is just supposed to be a "fragment" of the Profound Darkness, and not the whole thing, because it looks like shite.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 04:10 PM
Anyway, I'm glad this is just supposed to be a "fragment" of the Profound Darkness, and not the whole thing, because it looks like shite.

Pretty sure there is literally nothing that could avoid looking like shite to you.

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 04:14 PM
But that ain't how F2P works. We all knew this is how the game would be when it was announce to be F2P
As if PSO and PSU didn't end as a grindfest.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 04:16 PM
Grindfests aren't bad when it's done well. PSO2 does it the opposite of well.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2015, 04:17 PM
Grindfests are fine, but the grindfest in PSO2 just keeps getting longer and less rewarding (diminishing returns, if you will), and the goalposts keep changing.

There are no end goals in PSO2, because once you get there, there will be another one and your previous goal will be a worthless goal.

Grinds are fun when there's a specific end point to get to and finish up on, when you feel like you're reaching "completion." This doesn't happen in PSO2 like... ever. I dunno if it did in PSU, but it did in PSO1.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 04:19 PM
PSO2 also has the problem of the temporary goals not even meaning anything. Content is so easy, there is literally no content in the entire game that can't be completed with shit-tier gear, excluding Challenge Mode which fucks with the whole idea of gear anyways.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2015, 04:21 PM

The fragment stuff was utter nonsense. That was the Profound Darkness. It isn't permanently disposed of storywise though. It escapes into another timeline when defeated to restore its strength, then returns to do the fight over. The cliffhanger is that the player absorbs a fraction of its strength every time they defeat it, and this has unforeseeable consequences.

Kondibon
Oct 28, 2015, 04:42 PM
There are no end goals in PSO2, because once you get there, there will be another one and your previous goal will be a worthless goal.I feel like this is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

Unnamed Player
Oct 28, 2015, 04:57 PM
I feel like this is relevant.

Power Creep - The Trouble with Expansions and Time - Extra Credits - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw)If only some weapons could offer more than just "more dmg", maybe then they wouldn't be rendered obsolete by the next wave of new content.

Kondibon
Oct 28, 2015, 05:08 PM
If only some weapons could offer more than just "more dmg", maybe then they wouldn't be rendered obsolete by the next wave of new content.There are actually plenty of weapons like that if you include latents, there's been a lot of utility PAs added as well. The problem is that more damage is the most important thing. That's an entirely separate issue from Power creep.

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 05:13 PM
I don't know about you, but most of the games I play you can actually lose. Honestly... I don't know how much longer I'll keep playing this game, if ultimate bosses like [Profound Darkness] can be effortlessly defeated by an unorganized group in 5 minutes flat.

I just... It's not DIFFICULT, Sega. It's not HARD to make something a challenge. People aren't going to riot if failure can actually happen.

The problem is that people only get one or two half hour periods a day to attempt the new fight, so everyone gets super frustrated if they fuck up and nobody gets anything out of it. If we didn't have to deal with new bosses like this being locked behind EQs, Sega would have more freedom to make them really challenging without worrying about the player base getting too frustrated with it.

Agastya
Oct 28, 2015, 05:29 PM
I personally believe that half of this community should just uninstall PSO2 and go back to playing PSO on whatever their preferred platform is, considering how much complaining I see about the game all the time. Sakai isn't in your house dressed up as Dudu and holding a gun to your head, telling you to play this game or die. You can quit at any point.

I thought the PD fight was entertaining. I would have enjoyed it a little more if they stuck to just one song for the battle and not three. Preferably Strange Fruits. I like that song. It's especially nice that there's a WB nerf in place so it's not make or break if you have a RA or not unlike other bosses.

Maybe I'm just easy to satisfy. Who knows.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2015, 05:36 PM
Sakai isn't in your house dressed up as Dudu and holding a gun to your head, telling you to play this game or die. You can quit at any point.

Sure, but it's frustrating to see PSO2's genuinely and uniquely fun parts completely drowned by the overwhelmingly bad parts, all of which could be fixed.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but honestly... makes no sense that people just keep playing a game that all they ever do is complain about. I wish PSO2 could be something greater, but it's not going to happen.

I uninstalled shortly after Gal Gryphon was released and went back to PSO and it's been much nicer to play. I just pop in and out of here to see what's up every so often.

Agastya
Oct 28, 2015, 05:53 PM
Sure, but it's frustrating to see PSO2's genuinely and uniquely fun parts completely drowned by the overwhelmingly bad parts, all of which could be fixed.
Let me let you in on a little secret that's helped me make my life oh so much better in the past years. Being frustrated or angry with something that is out of your control is never worth it. If you are not enjoying something in its current state, stop partaking in it. You are wasting time and energy getting upset at something that you yourself cannot fix.

I read these forums and I honestly cannot tell if people here genuinely dislike the game but force themselves to keep playing it, or if they actually do like the game and are just complaining about it to "fit in." It is an absolutely terrible environment.

I just want to play video games and have fun. I don't enjoy the stone grind, so I don't do it. I don't enjoy Magatsu, so I don't do it. I enjoy logging in when a friend asks me to do an AQ or two, and I enjoy doing my weekly TA sets so I can play dressup, so I do those.

I enjoyed the Double/PD fight, so I will log in to do it a few times. After I get bored of it, I'll stop doing that. It's that simple.

Zanverse
Oct 28, 2015, 06:03 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret that's helped me make my life oh so much better in the past years. Being frustrated or angry with something that is out of your control is never worth it. If you are not enjoying something in its current state, stop partaking in it. You are wasting time and energy getting upset at something that you yourself cannot fix.

I read these forums and I honestly cannot tell if people here genuinely dislike the game but force themselves to keep playing it, or if they actually do like the game and are just complaining about it to "fit in." It is an absolutely terrible environment.

I just want to play video games and have fun. I don't enjoy the stone grind, so I don't do it. I don't enjoy Magatsu, so I don't do it. I enjoy logging in when a friend asks me to do an AQ or two, and I enjoy doing my weekly TA sets so I can play dressup, so I do those.

I enjoyed the Double/PD fight, so I will log in to do it a few times. After I get bored of it, I'll stop doing that. It's that simple.

^This.

Hitoshura
Oct 28, 2015, 06:07 PM
I personally believe that half of this community should just uninstall PSO2 and go back to playing PSO on whatever their preferred platform is, considering how much complaining I see about the game all the time. Sakai isn't in your house dressed up as Dudu and holding a gun to your head, telling you to play this game or die. You can quit at any point.

I thought the PD fight was entertaining. I would have enjoyed it a little more if they stuck to just one song for the battle and not three. Preferably Strange Fruits. I like that song. It's especially nice that there's a WB nerf in place so it's not make or break if you have a RA or not unlike other bosses.

Maybe I'm just easy to satisfy. Who knows.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fight is extremely entertaining. It really captured the PSO feeling more than previous Falz fights did, the whole atmosphere of the fight was fantastic and the flower field at the end with Rose Confession playing took me completely by surprise as I was expecting another generic ARKS ship victory screen with the standard victory music playing. I just wish it were a bit more challenging, we're getting showered with all this amazing gear but there isn't really any difficult enough content to justify it.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 28, 2015, 06:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the fight is extremely entertaining. It really captured the PSO feeling more than previous Falz fights did, the whole atmosphere of the fight was fantastic and the flower field at the end with Rose Confession playing took me completely by surprise as I was expecting another generic ARKS ship victory screen with the standard victory music playing. I just wish it were a bit more challenging, we're getting showered with all this amazing gear but there isn't really any difficult enough content to justify it.

Go play Darksouls (or whatever other hard game thats out there).

This is a casual game for the most part. It's not meant to be "hard" seriously the game is almost 4 years old already you should know this by now.

I'll put it ultra simple for those idiots who STILL don't get it. Make the game ultra-super-duper-hard and no "casuals" will want to play it only a small niche of "hardcore" players will play it. What this means is that SEGA will lose a ton of money if all of the "casuals" quit the game. It's that simple people. It's not rocket science.

This kinda reminds me of all the idiots in the FGC too. Always complaining that fighting games are being "dumb down" for the casuals. Though fighting games of this era are indeed much easier than the ones from my era (the 90's) it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

Let's take Street Fighter 5 as an example. It's widely known that it's much easier to play than SF4. capcom wants that casual money. They know that the hardcore player base is there, but they know that it's a niche portion of their overall sales numbers.

What these so called "hardcore" FGC members (who want the game to have nothing but 1-frame links) like to forget is the fact that if it wasn't for the "filthy casuals" (scrubs) they wouldn't even have a SF5 to begin with. Since the casual players bring the majority of the money that Capcom is making.

Like I said it's not rocket science. More people playing/buying these games means more money for the companies that make them.

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2015, 06:40 PM
Go play Darksouls (or whatever other hard game thats out there).

This is a casual game for the most part. It's not meant to be "hard" seriously the game is almost 4 years old already you should know this by now.

I'll put it ultra simple for those idiots who STILL don't get it. Make the game ultra-super-duper-hard and no "casuals" will want to play it only a small niche of "hardcore" players will play it. What this means is that SEGA will lose a ton of money if all of the "casuals" quit the game. It's that simple people. It's not rocket science.

This kinda reminds me of all the idiots in the FGC too. Always complaining that fighting games are being "dumb down" for the casuals. Though fighting games of this era are indeed much easier than the ones from my era (the 90's) it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

Let's take Street Fighter 5 as an example. It's widely known that it's much easier to play than SF4. capcom wants that casual money. They know that the hardcore player base is there, but they know that it's a niche portion of their overall sales numbers.

What these so called "hardcore" FGC members (who want the game to have nothing but 1-frame links) like to forget is the fact that if it wasn't for the "filthy casuals" (scrubs) they wouldn't even have a SF5 to begin with. Since the casual players bring the majority of the money that Capcom is making.

Like I said it's not rocket science. More people playing/buying these games means more money for the companies that make them.

an optional difficulty level that offers no more reward than xh could please the hardcore and the casuils would lose nothing playing their xh

Meteor Weapon
Oct 28, 2015, 06:54 PM
The fragment stuff was utter nonsense. That was the Profound Darkness. It isn't permanently disposed of storywise though. It escapes into another timeline when defeated to restore its strength, then returns to do the fight over. The cliffhanger is that the player absorbs a fraction of its strength every time they defeat it, and this has unforeseeable consequences.

Its PSO Dark Falz and Olga Flow all over again huh.

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 07:03 PM
an optional difficulty level that offers no more reward than xh could please the hardcore and the casuils would lose nothing playing their xh
Exactly, we have two different Losers, really have no idea the difference between them, but they are there, it wouldn't hurt to have a PD without the boosts that only make it easier. I got hit by some lasers that took me 600 HP, that would be almost fatal for a Force, but oh wait, I have 1000 extra HP, no problem!

I enjoyed the combat, don't get me wrong, but when it feels easy the first time... then what else will be in the future?? I still enjoy Magatsu, I don't run EVERY Magatsu, but when I do I enjoy it enough to do multiple runs.

Zanverse
Oct 28, 2015, 07:07 PM
Because staying in an MPA, still fighting a boss for more than 30 minutes because it has an absurd amount of HP and DEF, is better, right?

Honestly, I remember when [Loser] first came out, and people whined and complained that it was too challenging and too long. Now, people can take down [Loser] in under 10 minutes on XH, and no one bats an eye.

Would you personally want to fight Double and PD for an hour, only to fail it and not get jack? Me neither.

If you're looking for hardcore and difficult bosses, go play something else. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything, but, PSO2 is a casual game, with majority-casual players

Also, don't be so quick to judge. Anything can happen, and they buff PD's fight like crazy.

milranduil
Oct 28, 2015, 07:19 PM
XH luther in under 10min? try 3min if casual MPA that just knows what to do, and try 30 seconds if there is more than 2 brgu in the mpa.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 28, 2015, 07:22 PM
Does ARKS Level mean something, as in make the fight easier? Imagine if there was less people online and ARKS level rising up tad a lot slower, dragging the fight even longer.

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how your HPs and PPs get like tripled by Level 3. Seems conceptually similar to the Sukuna buffs in Mag One but ship-wide.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 28, 2015, 07:53 PM
You fools

The final boss, is you
YOU BECOME PROFOUND DARKNESS (or at least your clone)!

Omg someone from 3 years ago guessed it right.

Sora3100
Oct 28, 2015, 07:53 PM
At Arks level 3, I got 3k hp (with deband toughness) and 160 pp or so (normally I have 1.2k HP and 140 pp)

D-Inferno
Oct 28, 2015, 08:06 PM
Considering that Elder and Loser both got upgrades, it's not unreasonable to think Double and PD could get the same treatment. Perhaps Ilbarta chain immunity for the former?

Selphea
Oct 28, 2015, 09:04 PM
We'll probably have to wait for private server mods to get a Kaizo PSO2, and it'll be totally troll. Like when you activate the warp you get stunned and 10 exploding traps appear.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2015, 09:10 PM
Did first PD this hour:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/l1tbr/f71ee762ff.jpg[/spoiler-box]
3 Cags, 0 Neros, forgot to boost though (didn't realise Persona was the end, thought it would be longer for some reason).

I like the length of this boss fight, actually. Took us about 6 minutes 10 or something (the timer on the bottom is how long it took from the EQ start).
Was only Arks Level 1 as well which happened as Persona spawned, so the boss wasn't super ezmode.

Anduril
Oct 28, 2015, 09:23 PM
That was a rather fun EQ. [Double] was a bit lack luster, but I really enjoyed how cinematic the [Profound Darkness] battle was. Ranked 38th, I think. 6 Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus stones, with a 250% RDR and 130% Triboost.

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 09:25 PM
The ARKS level buffs are really overkill.

I was already able to avoid getting OHKO'd by everything PD threw at me with just a Deband Toughness, and I only have a little over 900 HP normally.

I've gotten six Caligula stones from all of the runs I've done so far, though the latest one dropped a Nero, too.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2015, 09:27 PM
From the uploader: [spoiler-box]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up170882.jpg[/spoiler-box]

wahahaha
Oct 28, 2015, 09:37 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/n6CucNM.jpg[/spoiler-box]

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2015, 09:38 PM
Persona's instant kill has been uploaded on nico here (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27470622). Though, Iron Will.

Seems if there's a failure, PD's mask doesn't break.

--

So 2 Austere GS, 1 Knuckle, 1 Katana, and 1 Sword. Of course the GS is most common. I feel sorry for the people that got that...

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 09:46 PM
Just had an *entire* MPA sans me fail their duels, and I'd already ran out of moons ressing the scrubs at Double...
#puglyfe :-?

At least one of them had the presence of mind to doll himself and moon the rest.

Raujinn
Oct 28, 2015, 09:47 PM
6 more Caligula, 0 Nero still. The rates on Nero stones are abysmal given you need 200 of the blasted things for a 60%. I guess it's only loosely justified by the fact they can drop elsewhere.

Mattykins
Oct 28, 2015, 09:47 PM
Hell, I'll take a gunslash. It'll give me an excuse to relive Additional Bullet master race days :c

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 09:49 PM
So if even one person fails to defeat Persona, then the boss doesn't get stunned?

I feel kind of fortunate that that hasn't happened on any of my runs.

Bellion
Oct 28, 2015, 09:52 PM
Persona is a team effort. You can do 0 damage but if the rest manages to deal the total amount, then it gets completed. All succeed or no one succeeds it seems.

Xaelouse
Oct 28, 2015, 09:53 PM
Maybe TD4 will be the best source of Nero

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 10:02 PM
Considering that it has four Falz bosses, possibly.

The rates on Nero stones from things other then PD seem pretty terrible, though.

EvilMag
Oct 28, 2015, 10:03 PM
I do wonder if Elder and Loser have better rates of nero.

Can't really say since none have shown up to my knowledge.

EDIT: Okay looking at the eq bot, there was a loser few hours ago on ship 10 as well as elder on ship 9. So far nothing regarding the stones...

Bellion
Oct 28, 2015, 10:07 PM
There are screenshots of someone getting 5 Nero from 1 Luther, and another with 2 Nero from 1 Luther.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/67660.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not to mention, people with multiple characters can actually run these multiple times, so, yep.

EvilMag
Oct 28, 2015, 10:10 PM
There are screenshots of someone getting 5 Nero from 1 Luther, and another with 2 Nero from 1 Luther.

Not to mention, people with multiple characters can actually run these multiple times, so, yep.
So its back to quad elder and luther for me...

milranduil
Oct 28, 2015, 10:21 PM

I saw that, but then have to wonder if Apos drops them too.... I wouldn't think it should since only luther itself was labeled on patch notes, but this is sega we're talking about.

Cyclon
Oct 28, 2015, 10:24 PM
Persona's instant kill has been uploaded on nico here (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27470622). Though, Iron Will.
I actually got my 30% Iron will to trigger, only to get hit a second time and die, so it's a multi hit attack that goes through invicibility.Edit: Or not. Beats me then. Guess the 1 sec invincibility isn't enough or something...

Fight took a little more than 10 minutes for me. 45 to be precise. Yes, that long; the whole group almost ran out of moons. It's pretty safe to say we all sucked violently. Needless to say, it felt extremely awesome when we finally won, at the very least, so that's cool I guess.

Alma
Oct 28, 2015, 10:48 PM
anyone know if naberius or ark-ship timed ability work for this new EQ?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2015, 10:50 PM
ARKS Ship works.

Gorge Express
Oct 28, 2015, 11:44 PM
I thought the boss fight was great. Don't care about drops, I accepted the fact that I'd never see a 13 star drop ages ago.

ARKS levels happen way too soon though. Even on ship 2 it looks like too many people are good at this game.

Xaelouse
Oct 28, 2015, 11:48 PM
these bosses go down way too quickly, it's kinda disgusting for a final boss kind of deal

wefwq
Oct 28, 2015, 11:59 PM
Is this for real?

http://puu.sh/l1CeP.jpg

Maenara
Oct 29, 2015, 12:04 AM
This game is easier than New Super Mario Bros.

Mattykins
Oct 29, 2015, 12:13 AM
Are the WB nerfs deterring people from bringing their Rangers to this EQ? I've done it twice so far and both times I've been the only WB-dispenser :T

That said, fun and cool boss, but like... fuck Double needs to be more aggressive. Elder's fucking Speedy Gonzalez compared to them >>>:T Also, PD's semi-humanoid final form needs more HP. No point giving your boss an epic final form if it's gonna go down in like 60 seconds.

final_attack
Oct 29, 2015, 12:16 AM
Is this for real?

Apparently yes, if mpa fail the dps check, I think.

sparab
Oct 29, 2015, 12:23 AM
Are the WB nerfs deterring people from bringing their Rangers to this EQ? I've done it twice so far and both times I've been the only WB-dispenser :T

That said, fun and cool boss, but like... fuck Double needs to be more aggressive. Elder's fucking Speedy Gonzalez compared to them >>>:T Also, PD's semi-humanoid final form needs more HP. No point giving your boss an epic final form if it's gonna go down in like 60 seconds.

For over-equipped people who complain boss vanish too fast: try the last vita XH block next time and you may find a suitable challenge

Maenara
Oct 29, 2015, 12:24 AM
Inb4 dps check gets removed or severely nerfed eventually.

Selphea
Oct 29, 2015, 12:27 AM
Inb4 dps check gets removed or severely nerfed eventually.

I thought that was so obvious it didn't even warrant a mention :wacko:

Is there anything difficult that hasn't been nerfed yet?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 12:33 AM
these bosses go down way too quickly, it's kinda disgusting for a final boss kind of deal

They have to balance power discrepancy between players, which vary extremely wildly from player to player, and WB. They buried themselves underneath balance problems a long time ago.

This isn't like ff14 where each player's performance could be gauged around a decent median because the systems force players into it to balance their content appropriately.

sparab
Oct 29, 2015, 12:37 AM
I thought that was so obvious it didn't even warrant a mention :wacko:

Is there anything difficult that hasn't been nerfed yet?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&pcmd=open&file=%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9%E3%83%91%E3%83%AB%E3%81%AE %E7%88%86%E8%96%AC.JPG&refer=%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8D%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AE%E3%83%B C%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF[/SPOILER-BOX]

Enforcer MKV
Oct 29, 2015, 12:42 AM
This isn't like ff14 where each player's performance could be gauged around a decent median because the systems force players into it to balance their content appropriately.

I kinda wish they'd start doing this. It'd force [the vast majority of] people to care about more than clothing in the game. It sounds shitty but at least then there would be some kind of guaranteed baseline outside of character level.

Then again, with so many different things affecting power in this game, I'm not sure about the validity of some kind of ilevel system.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 02:00 AM
I kinda wish they'd start doing this. It'd force [the vast majority of] people to care about more than clothing in the game. It sounds shitty but at least then there would be some kind of guaranteed baseline outside of character level.

Then again, with so many different things affecting power in this game, I'm not sure about the validity of some kind of ilevel system.

An ilvl requirement of sorts alone won't cut it, but also cutting back on the more absurd multipliers from select classes (CT, WB, banish/volg) would make MPA performance much easier to gauge, and predict so they can make a satisfying challenge for everyone instead of having to design around one extreme or the other. As I'm sure you know, SEGA balancing in the latter fashion gave rise to early luther complaints; the first boss that felt like it was balanced around WB's existence.

But as I said, mechanics aren't the only thing that cause those gaps. See 13*s, weapon collection titles, class bonuses. Though red weapons are a godsend for closing the gap, it's amazing how many people don't feel inclined to get them...

WEED420BLAZEIT
Oct 29, 2015, 04:30 AM
just checked swiki and i saw austeres in the drop pool of flower muscle eq

BASED SEGA
A
S
E
D

Rakurai
Oct 29, 2015, 04:38 AM
The Austere rates look to be about as bad as the 12* rates on Elder were back when he was first released.

Nyansan
Oct 29, 2015, 04:57 AM
The Austere rates look to be about as bad as the 12* rates on Elder were back when he was first released.

Course they have to be, to offset the difficulty in getting the nero and caligula stones.

milranduil
Oct 29, 2015, 06:54 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&pcmd=open&file=%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9%E3%83%91%E3%83%AB%E3%81%AE %E7%88%86%E8%96%AC.JPG&refer=%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8D%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AE%E3%83%B C%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF[/SPOILER-BOX]

lol :D

TaigaUC
Oct 29, 2015, 08:38 AM
I don't understand the point of the DPS check.

Can't someone just run back and revive everyone?

Raujinn
Oct 29, 2015, 08:46 AM
It's somewhat irritating if Persona decides its gonna do nothing but dash around and spam stuns on you...

Z-0
Oct 29, 2015, 09:12 AM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/l1XdT/e7ac08627f.jpg[/spoiler-box]
More funsies.

I actually like this EQ because it ranks you. Trying to get faster to get first place (even if it's personal and not publicising) is always fun. o:

final_attack
Oct 29, 2015, 09:23 AM
More funsies.

I actually like this EQ because it ranks you. Trying to get faster to get first place (even if it's personal and not publicising) is always fun. o:

Congrats :D

Rank 5 is 8mins 40sec :D

Z-0
Oct 29, 2015, 09:30 AM
Admittedly our run was kind of bad... Had a couple who hadn't played before, and we only had 2 Bouncers this time instead of 3, and I forgot to stock on mates so my Automate didn't work and I had to spend time using Resta and dodging instead of attacking. <_> Wasn't able to stay at Double's centre either due to risk of dying too.

Wonder how low it can go...

Aine
Oct 29, 2015, 09:41 AM
wow good jobbu

we got 2nd with FoTe strat, second stage was pretty slow (we didn't manage to do enough damage in one down after breaking the bits to go straight to the persona fight)

please leak all your secret strats :({

Halikus
Oct 29, 2015, 09:47 AM
Anyone know if any timed abils will boost drops?

Z-0
Oct 29, 2015, 09:50 AM
Haha, I don't think we really have any specific strategies at this point. We basically just run with the following (or something similar):

2 RaHu
6 FoTe (Ice/Light)
1 TeFo (Wind/Light)
3 BoHu

The RAs and FOs basically run around doing Ilbarta stacks on Double, while the Bouncers wait in the middle for Double to stun so they can PBF it as soon as possible. That's pretty much the entire strategy for Phase 1. Sometimes as BO I'll use an Ilbarta or two to build the stacks a little, but I'm not sure if that's helping. I do 2 at the very start at least, though.

For Phase 2, it's pretty much just follow the parts and attack as appropriate (Ilgrants/Ragrants for FO, whatever RA uses these days and Kite/Dove for BO). Use your PBF when he first exposes his white weakspot, because if you do enough damage there you can skip part of the fight (I don't think we did this time, might have done, but the first time I played everyone was exclaiming how a laser got skipped and we went to the giant humanoid phase straight away). When the bits are broken, everyone goes ham on the face (duh) with their strongest attacks.

TeFo pretty much just uses Zanverse the entire time for Double (so not to steal Ilbartas), and also uses Zanverse when appropriate for PD along with the Light spells. It helps to have Toughness as well so the FOs can just tank some attacks instead of having to waste time miraging around.

Also we went for BoHu instead of FiBo because we don't think FiBo can survive through PD's attacks unless you're at Arks Level 3, but you should never be getting higher than Arks Level 1.

Rakurai
Oct 29, 2015, 09:50 AM
Arks Ship works, I believe.

In any case, if they release a harder version of Double in the future, I hope they'll stay in their spam mode for the entirety of phase 2, rather then only doing it at critical HP. Things get pretty hectic with the fireworks, cars, pools and carousel all out at the same time.

Bellion
Oct 29, 2015, 09:53 AM
Fi also has to deal with platform stance shenanigans, so may as well go Bo/Hu than Fi/Bo.

TaigaUC
Oct 29, 2015, 09:57 AM
Instead of multi ranks I'd like to know how I and other people rank within the multi.

Sometimes Double just keeps moving away and spinning repeatedly for ages.
Makes melee (and probably gun-based range) feel useless.
I imagine Techs would nullify that issue.

Z-0
Oct 29, 2015, 09:59 AM
Yep. Best thing about Double is that its weakspot is the only targetable item, so FOs can just lock and spam Ilbarta without thinking.

TaigaUC
Oct 29, 2015, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but when I first tried the new EQ, I felt that lock-on further simplifies the battle.
There's a lot going on, but if you just cycle lock-on you always know where to go.
Unlike other bosses, there're only the one or two weak points most of the time.
It doesn't really matter which ones the players are attacking, except when WB is applied for x1.2.

While this helps ensure that most of the multi is contributing decently instead of attacking the wrong places like most other battles...
It kinda makes the fight feel more boring to me.
Well... but at the same time, having to cycle through targets you don't want is artificial difficulty.

Raujinn
Oct 29, 2015, 10:55 AM
Sounds like for pug runs I might want to just class-check then. If there are enough forces, can likely just not bother chasing the tower or cast queen viera ilgrants maybe. As a HuFi then maybe I should stay around Double's center so I can get as much time for Graptor-Zenith as I can or something.

Rayden
Oct 29, 2015, 01:15 PM
This EQ is so disappointing. I mean, it's cool and all with the cutscenes and light effects and stuff, but both bosses are absolute pushovers. I didn't see anyone die. I didn't even get into danger. I had practically full health the entire time without even bothering to dodge anything. Both bosses died within a couple of minutes. Pathetic.

Shinamori
Oct 29, 2015, 03:04 PM
Really.

Mattykins
Oct 29, 2015, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I think a lot of things intended to make the battle more unique just make it easier.

Like Taiga said about weakspots, for example. Also, weakbullet nerf? Hey, when I'm stuck on cooldown, we're not losing that much dps, and it's not like it matters where I wb since all I can hit are weakspots anyway.

Achelousaurus
Oct 29, 2015, 03:24 PM
Apparently yes, if mpa fail the dps check, I think.
TBH that is total fucking bs.
This eq tries to normalize completion time by not letting us attack much at all and if then then so short we can only very rarely do any major burst dmg setups like volg or banish combos.

...but then it suddenly goes 180 and decided you need lots of damage anyway or everyone dies and fails the quest.

So, don't get me wrong, I love epic boss battles, but a waiting game where you dodge or even just tank and heal boss attacks (on my s-atk brhu) so that you can deal a tiny bit of damage at a time is anything but epic.

Vatallus
Oct 29, 2015, 03:26 PM
The "solo" segment isn't exactly solo. While you are doing 1 v 1 with Persona each instance of Persona has the same HP pool. 12 players, 12 Personas all sharing the same HP pool.

At least I believe so. Due to work I've only ran this quest twice so far and noticed the 2nd time my Persona had a weak bullet on it and also went down at a moment I wasn't attacking it.

Also didn't quote the post I was replying too. Oh well. Between work and life I have a feeling I won't be running many of these if they keep up their current schedule.

Azure Falcon
Oct 29, 2015, 03:37 PM
Looks like Nero rates are as bad as everyone thought, XH Elder just dropped a whopping 2 stones under the full 380% RDR boost.

FantasyHeaven
Oct 29, 2015, 03:38 PM
So, don't get me wrong, I love epic boss battles, but a waiting game where you dodge or even just tank and heal boss attacks (on my s-atk brhu) so that you can deal a tiny bit of damage at a time is anything but epic.
What are you even talking about? Double bounces around yeah, but you can easily dash to the weak spot with the new pa, and when you stun him he's down for a long time.
PD's parts are always open to attack, and you can just hatou away constantly. Not to mention when the humanoid form gets stunned, he's down for like a minute and gets killed instantly because he has almost negative hp.

As for the "dps check", I was in a crappy mpa that had people dying at arks boost 3, and we still beat it without wb. I don't really see how it's possible to fail it unless you regularly play in b1.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 29, 2015, 03:38 PM
From what I was reading on swiki, Persona's OHKO move is used individually based on whether the player was awful at fighting it or not. The HP total is confirmed to be shared with the MPA though.

しかし時間内に全体合計で一定ダメージを与えなければ即死級の攻撃が発動する。

More or less, "instant-death class attack is used if you do not provide a certain amount of damage within the allotted time". Probably how it works is that a player is released from fighting Persona if they reach this amount of damage, or if Persona's total HP is depleted. This makes two separate checks to fail to trigger Persona's instant death attack.

As an aside, after the MPA defeats Persona and breaks PD's mask, usually the quest ends really quick right? Well, you might not notice unless you were specifically looking for it, but here's (http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/67684.jpg) how PD looks unmasked. Underneath the mask is another mask!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 03:39 PM
This EQ is so disappointing. I mean, it's cool and all with the cutscenes and light effects and stuff, but both bosses are absolute pushovers. I didn't see anyone die. I didn't even get into danger. I had practically full health the entire time without even bothering to dodge anything. Both bosses died within a couple of minutes. Pathetic.

Already talked about why we're having this.

They have to balance power discrepancy between players, which vary extremely wildly from player to player, and WB. They buried themselves underneath balance problems a long time ago.

An ilvl requirement of sorts alone won't cut it, but also cutting back on the more absurd multipliers from select classes (CT, WB, banish/volg) would make MPA performance much easier to gauge, and predict so they can make a satisfying challenge for everyone instead of having to design around one extreme or the other. As I'm sure you know, SEGA balancing in the latter fashion gave rise to early luther complaints; the first boss that felt like it was balanced around WB's existence.

Right now, they can't balance these fights to satisfy everyone when gaps in performance between classes and players such as a half-dozen ice Fo/Tes with 13* vs a bunch of Hu/Fis with red weapons still exist.

At least WB isn't a massive factor, single handedly cutting kill times down to ~1/3rd.

In short, deal with it until they address individual class, and player performance discrepancies better, like how standard MMOs such as FF14, or WoW does. This is a step in the right direction as far as their fight design goes, unless you like absurd fight length discrepancies like the 21-minute minute luthers without WB when it was new.

Vatallus
Oct 29, 2015, 03:45 PM
From what I was reading on swiki, Persona's OHKO move is used individually based on whether the player was awful at fighting it or not. The HP total is confirmed to be shared with the MPA though.

しかし時間内に全体合計で一定ダメージを与えなければ即死級の攻撃が発動する。

More or less, "instant-death class attack is used if you do not provide a certain amount of damage within the allotted time". Probably how it works is that a player is released from fighting Persona if they reach this amount of damage, or if Persona's total HP is depleted. This makes two separate checks to fail to trigger Persona's instant death attack.

That sounds correct. In the very first EQ half of the mpa was dead after that point. Can only assume the half that didn't die reached the target damage amount and was spared.

2nd run I did no one died to Persona and after that Profound opened up a new weakpoint that wasn't in the first EQ I did.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 03:48 PM
TBH that is total fucking bs.
This eq tries to normalize completion time by not letting us attack much at all and if then then so short we can only very rarely do any major burst dmg setups like volg or banish combos.

I find that's good; makes it easier to keep average fight duration very predictable, rather than making the presence of Gu subs even more influential than WB in these EQs.

...but then it suddenly goes 180 and decided you need lots of damage anyway or everyone dies and fails the quest.

On paper it does seem silly, and contradictory, but in practice, if people are struggling to reach that, the problem is between the monitor and the chair.

Mattykins
Oct 29, 2015, 03:49 PM
It's not even that hard, really. Last one I did, Persona was batting me around like a fuckin' beanbag and I still managed to not get wrecked :V I saw that the other two in party weren't so lucky tho, lol. Watching the vid, I did maybe 30k tops? Easy peezy