PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded patch this morning, game crashing.

Redboigoi
Oct 28, 2015, 12:47 PM
I downloaded the game patch this morning, and now when I try to start the game either it crashes before the tittle screen, at the start button, or once I pick my ship. Using tweaker.

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 12:48 PM
Did you read the part about the item patch not working?

un1t27
Oct 28, 2015, 12:53 PM
https://d.maxfile.ro/vmvqwalnni.png

Sayara
Oct 28, 2015, 01:19 PM
Even with item patch uninstalled it crashed on me. I just opened the vanilla launcher and it worked.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 28, 2015, 04:15 PM
Aida, my love, purify those corrupted souls with a tweaker update!

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2015, 04:22 PM
because reading too hard

[SPOILER-BOX]http://grabilla.com/05a1c-cabf066a-093d-48f2-9bd7-3d27a8dc8958.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Oct 28, 2015, 04:28 PM
That Google Translate.

GHNeko
Oct 28, 2015, 08:56 PM
Copy paste from tech support because i figure that not a lot of eyeballs hit that area.

"Yay new update! Let me update pSO2 and try out the new EQ!"

ahahaha how foolish

so basically

updated pso2, launched with tweaker through steam, game crashes at ToS screen.

reload tweaker through steam, turn of item translation (tee hee), retry, crash at ship select.

reload tweaker through steam, retry, crash at password entry.

something's up.

disable windows defender because i recently reenabled it.

reload tweaker, retry, crash at password entry.

do file check, 40 files missing. okay lets try this again. make it up to password entry and crash during "AUTHENTICATING USER ID"

retry file check, this time redownload 36 files. try again, crashes during authentification.

check deleted/empty files, crash during auth.

check gameguard errors, something is locking up a GG file. reboot computer.

try again, crash during auth.

check for pso2 update, retry, crash at auth.

load tweaker WITHOUT steam, crash at auth.

uinstall english patches, I made it TO the character select screen right before it crashes.

repeat same result.

I am using a PERSONAL PSO2Proxy (i.e. not cyber kitsunes) but i have teammates using my proxy and they're playing just fine, so it's safe to assume that it's not my proxy causing the crashing (hopefully.)

NOT SURE WHY but fuck me and my desire to play i guess.

bolded and enlarged a specific part of the quote so people dont think I cant read and people who DONT read and just like to reply without reading have no excuse for missing this.

Rain Walker
Oct 28, 2015, 10:13 PM
[big post]

Does it give any particular errors windows or just plain crash?

Did you try vanilla everything?

Nyansan
Oct 28, 2015, 10:42 PM
People who are crashing: I assume you've turned off item translation, but did you try and move the item translation files elsewhere for the meantime?

Tweaker with item translation on auto downloads 3 files, and if there's an issue with those 3 files you could try moving them somewhere in the meantime.

GHNeko
Oct 28, 2015, 11:10 PM
Does it give any particular errors windows or just plain crash?

Did you try vanilla everything?

At first it just crashed, eventually it gave me PSO2.exe stopped responding. Tried it with all patches uninstalled through tweaker via steam, and through tweaker directly.

I did try it with the normal launcher and I got to title screen with no crashing after playing all the opening videos.

I'm currently installing all the patches again to run with vanilla launcher.

People who are crashing: I assume you've turned off item translation, but did you try and move the item translation files elsewhere for the meantime?

Tweaker with item translation on auto downloads 3 files, and if there's an issue with those 3 files you could try moving them somewhere in the meantime.

Are you talking about translation.bin, translation.bin.7z, translation.dll, and translation.cfg?

If so, I'll give that a shot after the story patch finishes installing. I know I've turned off item translation and it's said that it deleted the files it downloads for item translation so i figured that was enough.

EDIT: Moved the 4 files in question. No more crashing. kek.

Nyansan
Oct 28, 2015, 11:13 PM
Item translation being off doesn't delete the files once it's been downloaded afaik since i've had to move/delete them everytime translation files bork

GHNeko
Oct 28, 2015, 11:22 PM
It tends to say its deleting SOMETHING, and I've never recalled a point in time where I had to fuck with those 4 items, or seen anything being said about those 4 items needing to be moved.

Generally in the past when item translations dont work, I just uncheck the box and that's the end of that. I get on with no problems and experience no problems.

So this is quite literally a first for me.

spincast
Oct 29, 2015, 12:16 PM
Have the same issue, if i do anything via the tweaker the client crashes (item patch turned off), also if install the eng patch client crashes too, so is the reason that im using sega launcher and vanilla client as well.-

Dutch Ride
Oct 29, 2015, 12:25 PM
Any word yet on when this might be fixed?

Anduril
Oct 29, 2015, 01:00 PM
Any word yet on when this might be fixed?
Item patch is working now. If you are experiencing crashing still, have you tired deleting translation.bin, translation.bin.7z, translation.dll, and translation.cfg as Nyansan suggested?

SquidSucker
Oct 31, 2015, 03:05 AM
Is the translation.bin.7z file located with the rest? I only see the other 3 and deleting them doesn't stop my crashing :< I've been trying everything I read in this thread to stop the crashes but have been having no luck apart from the time I played right after installing.
Any tips to stop the crashing would be appreciated