PDA

View Full Version : New limited time Challenge Quest next update (ARKS GP 2016)

Charmeleon
Oct 29, 2015, 12:33 AM
Saw this on bumped and didn't see any discussion about it so I thought I'd make a thread. Straight from bumped.org:

Here’s a brief recap on what’s coming up in the November 11th update. The update will release with the [Arks Grand Prix 2016 Preliminaries], a new limited-time Challenge Quest that pits players against Kuronite and Toy Darker enemies. The quest will allow players to choose a [Class Setup] that focuses on different attack styles like striking, ranged, tech, etc. This quest will take place in Shironia, and is only available from the Challenge Blocks. Players can even earn Challenge Miles from playing the quest.

Class Setups

Hunter Type: Hunter x Fighter
Ranger Type: Ranger x Gunner
Force Type: Force x Techer
Braver Type: Braver x Hunter
Bouncer Type: Bouncer x Hunter

Not too many details but it already seems pretty interesting to me. This will be the first time we'll have actual classes in CM, and possibly set gear and trees. And we'll get miles for it too. No idea if it'll be solo, single party, or MPA-able, but if anyone else has information on that or any other aspects of the quest that'd be great.

Honestly more excited for this than any of the mindless 13* farming quests Sega has been pumping out. Thoughts? Will people even be interested in this if there is not a lucrative reward (i.e. lots of miles)?

wefwq
Oct 29, 2015, 12:50 AM
It'll be h̶o̶t̶ slightly warm cake, but only for a week because people hardly cares about CM at all anymore.
But if there's some crazy CM boost and it'll pay decently it'll last abit longer for sure.

femme fatale
Oct 29, 2015, 12:56 AM
sounds fun bro

Tunga
Oct 29, 2015, 01:24 AM
The ranger combo is kinda disappointing :/

Shadowth117
Oct 29, 2015, 02:08 AM

Its challenge mode so depending on what's offered, it could be better than anything potentially.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 02:17 AM

CT + WB though. No banish, but it's still stupid burst gimmick x stupid burst gimmick.

Maenara
Oct 29, 2015, 02:25 AM
Honestly more excited for this than any of the mindless 13* farming quests Sega has been pumping out. Thoughts? Will people even be interested in this if there is not a lucrative reward (i.e. lots of miles)?

Implying Challenge Miles aren't for mindless 13* farming.

Nyansan
Oct 29, 2015, 02:26 AM
I wish they'd expand on the class setups though (lol at Br and Bo having HU subs) since they look fairly linear (theoretically) in terms of play style. But we still have to see how this plays out.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2015, 02:30 AM
Implying Challenge Miles aren't for mindless 13* farming.

I use em to prep red weapons to sell occasionally because I'm a filthy peasant.

Maenara
Oct 29, 2015, 03:22 AM
I use em to prep red weapons to sell occasionally because I'm a filthy peasant.

No 8slot Astral Soul/Modulator/Ability III/Returner V/Power V/Shoot V/Technique V/Mutation I on all three units??? peasant

Poyonche
Oct 29, 2015, 12:31 PM
The Ranger/Gunner combo may have Dio Sarcueid and Lambda Tigredor, both at +10, 50 ele, according to the datamined "tutorial" picture. May also have a Plosion for launcher.
No potent tho and you might still be considered as a "Challenger", and not a Ranger/Gunner.

Hunter/Fighter -> Assassin Claw (10* meh-ish wired lance) and Ruin Charm (Sword), maybe a Partizan but not shown.
Force/Techer -> Satellite Riser

Aaaand that's all.

Achelousaurus
Oct 29, 2015, 03:12 PM
New cq sounds great.
But class setups?Sega ruining cmode >_>

WTF is the point of the challenger class if not mixing every class skill ever? WTF is the point of being challenger if you go with the usual class setups anyway?

One major reason cmode is fun is cause challenger can mix anything and one major reason cmode1 is real fun is cause from ground up you build character, you need a disc for every class skill.

cmode2 already partially ruined that by giving you free gears 'n shit for your weapons, now we get class setups that smell a lot like packages coming with (almost) all relevant skills, entirely destroying the fun mixing and strategizing over your build aspect of cmode.

Poyonche
Oct 29, 2015, 03:31 PM
Actually, I guess you will still be a Challenger, however, you'll get stuff from a Hu/Fi if you select this setup, and you will still be able to use weapons/PA from another class. Edit : Re-checked, i'm not so sure anymore about the PA part.

I hope.

Also inb4 Hu/Fi, BR and BO/HU have Guard Stance but no Fury Stance.

Edit : Here are the 3 pictures.

[SPOILER-BOX] The number of the level we can't see on the picture on the right is 70http://i.imgur.com/75sRbKj.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Halikus
Oct 30, 2015, 03:40 AM
Please god make this 4/4 cmode finally. I'm sick of watching miles go down the drain due to other players not pulling their weight

Poyonche
Oct 30, 2015, 03:59 AM
I think it's going to be 4 players for PC and 2 players for PS Vita.

TaigaUC
Oct 30, 2015, 06:29 AM
Yeah, and it's limited time only so enjoy it while it lasts.
Then wait until next year for similar content that should be there all along.

Z-0
Oct 30, 2015, 11:15 AM
CM would actually be more fun without the Challenger class, honestly.

The Challenger class makes it too braindead because you can just switch to whatever the optimal setup is for a specific part, instead of thinking of class setups properly and having to find out how to use a class optimally for a certain part. Challenger has no weaknesses because of this, only strengths.

kurokyosuke
Oct 30, 2015, 11:21 AM
I'm looking forward to this mode. It reminds me of Arena Quests in Monster Hunter, where your weapon, armor, and items are pre-determined for each fight.