PDA

View Full Version : Error 816

Zandion
Oct 31, 2015, 04:55 AM
During the Profound Darkness EQ today, I received a 630 and upon trying to log back in, came up with

ただいまお客様のご利用を停止させて
いただいております。
[ No.816 ]

I use the tweaker as my proxy and don't use any other programs to modify the game, and have definitely behaved myself.
I haven't received any email regarding this yet, but have received one on the 30th of September saying

本メールは『ファンタシースターオンライン 2』の認証メールです。
下記のEメール認証コードをゲーム画面に表示されているテキストボックスに入力して、
ログイン手続きを進めてください。

XXXXXXXX

※ご注意
本メールは送信専用となっているため、返信いただいてもご回答することが
できません。
ご不明な点がある場合や、本メールに心当たりがない場合などは、お手数ですが、
公式サイト内にあるお問い合わせ窓口よりご連絡いただきますようお願いいたします。

which I have no idea as to why this was sent to me.
I do have OTP and noticed no suspicious activity on my account.
I've looked around the official website for support options to no avail.
What can I do to recover my almost 1000 hour playtime waifu?

ashley50
Oct 31, 2015, 05:45 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230471&highlight=error+816

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2886045

Raujinn
Oct 31, 2015, 06:16 AM
This one actually sounds like someone tried to hijack your account and to protect you Sega locked your account.

All I can say is good luck. Your best chance is getting someone who knows Japanese to send an email to Sega but don't expect a response. I hear that even if you're natively JP you might not get support for an issue like this, let alone if they figure you're a foreigner.

Due to the random way in which it can happen to people through no fault of their own, Error 816 is foreigner bane pretty much.

Raujinn
Oct 31, 2015, 06:51 AM
Hm managed to not see the date in the OP, then yeah who knows.

I'm fairly spooked by it but unfortunately we have to kind of accept this as an environmental hazard as foreigners playing this game. I wouldn't be surprised if the overhanging threat of being effectively permanently banned at any time through no fault of your own contributes to people being put off from playing on the JP servers at all.

Shinamori
Oct 31, 2015, 07:04 AM
I personally wouldn't be too worried about it (the whole 816 issue). From what I understand 816 isn't a perma ban. Prehaps someone living in Japan (assuming Sega doesn't run an IP check against support tickets) can help you out. We have a few people here that lives in Japan.

TaigaUC
Oct 31, 2015, 07:36 AM
The last time I tried to contact SEGA (in Japanese) was during the DDOS.
I didn't tell them where I was from, but they just replied with something like "our service is Japan only" (in Japanese).
So they probably look at IP when you submit a query,

If you want to contact SEGA, get someone from Japan to do it, or try it from a Japanese IP.

Zandion
Oct 31, 2015, 08:27 AM
I wasn't asked for a code upon log in, yet I could still play the game. Does this mean someone else successfully authorized the account using the code?
Also I may just be dumb but where do I send in support tickets from? >_> The options on the website required Sega IDs.
If in the end I have to accept I'll never meet my waifu again, I don't mind starting over but what are the chances I would just be banned again?

And thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

dekopong
Oct 31, 2015, 10:41 PM
They say that, error 816 is an inquiry, checking if your account is hacked or abused.

If you didn't receive any mail, you can send an inquiry to SEGA:
https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/ (the first box, "SEGA ID/ACに関するお問い合わせ" is the right form)

The form is like the one Arredoval posted.

SEGA says, they will respond in 3 business days plus alpha. So it might take some time before you get your verdict of not guilty.

*snip*

If you don't have a SEGA ID, you can put your old ID or 不明(if you can't remember). Though, without an ID, I think it will take longer for the inquiry. Maybe you want to confirm your ID before sending the form.

http://faq.sega.jp/faq/show/1268?category_id=146
Use the "SEGA ID 再送信ページ" link.
Edit: Using this, you will receive an e-mail about your SEGA ID. The first box is for the mail address you used to register your ID and the second box is for "captcha".

Or perhaps you are using hangame ID?