PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 37° Live Broadcast (Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2016)

Pages : [1] 2

Manta Oyamada
Nov 2, 2015, 10:39 PM
http://i3.minus.com/jsavXSKDAzLUS_e.jpg
ファンタシースター感謝祭2016
Phantasy Star Kanshasai 2016
Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2016

Date: December 23, 2015

Time: 13:00 ~ 18:00 (JST)
Automatic conversion time : http://goo.gl/SkeKBe

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv241501305
Fan Link YouTube 1: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/AdpolAnticheat/live
Fan Link YouTube 2: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live
Fan Link Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 3: Coming Soon

Topics

Information on the latest updates of EPISODE 3
New Informations about Reborn:EPISODE4 ⇩⇩⇩

Ultimate character creator
Details about new class "Summoner"
New Story & New Worlds
New characters!
New director for "EPISODE4"?

New informations about the PS4 version
ARKS Grand Prix - Semi final
New informations about PSO2es
New informations and Goods of PSO2 The Animation
Cosplay Contest
- Real Life Arks Dance "Rare drop koi Koi"

I did a quick translation because I'm busy

Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=7544

Raujinn
Nov 2, 2015, 10:43 PM
Was about to say it's a bit soon for this isn't it but then I noticed the date, haha.

ZerotakerZX
Nov 2, 2015, 11:31 PM
Such a teasers.

oratank
Nov 2, 2015, 11:55 PM
New Informations about EPISODE 4(new pokemon show case)

PokeminMaster
Nov 3, 2015, 12:47 AM
New Informations about EPISODE 4(new pokemon show case)
You gotta CATCH before you can USE them

....or pay ARKS Cash to get some nice ones immediately :wacko:

Maenara
Nov 3, 2015, 12:52 AM
Ahahahahaha. I just figured it out. The 'best for last' feature of the beauty salon update... It's summon customization.

wefwq
Nov 3, 2015, 01:17 AM
Can't wait spending another gorillion of meseta to buy pokemon and pokemon accessories.

TaigaUC
Nov 3, 2015, 06:15 AM
I thought of summon customization and dismissed it.
Out of foolish hope, perhaps.

You know what would be awesome? Pet proportion customization.
Then we can have a laugh at tiny head massive body and massive head tiny body pets.

ZerotakerZX
Nov 3, 2015, 06:41 AM

Then we can have a laugh at tiny head massive body and massive head tiny body pets.

Support partners are customizeble pets.

Rakurai
Nov 3, 2015, 07:40 AM
It would be nice to be able to recolor more then a single part of a costume.

Vintasticvin
Nov 3, 2015, 07:49 AM
It would be nice to be able to recolor more then a single part of a costume.

=] Join the Cast Master Race and have all the body coloring options your heart desires. Also I'm pretty psyched to see the new stuff presented and too all precautions to prevent from having them spoiled for me :P

Maenara
Nov 3, 2015, 09:27 AM

Pet tits.

Achelousaurus
Nov 3, 2015, 03:39 PM
Support partners are customizeble pets.
But they are useless. And you don't even get fun from them like for friend partners nor can you get excube titles like for NPCs.
Their only real use is gathering quest items.

Pet tits.
Pls no furry :no:

But customizable pets sound nice. Just hope you can simply use salon passed for that.

TaigaUC
Nov 3, 2015, 09:08 PM
I thought you did get FUN for bringing a Support Partner.
I don't remember, I rarely ever use them.

yoshiblue
Nov 3, 2015, 09:13 PM
You don't. It just speeds up the bonding process.

But they are useless. And you don't even get fun from them like for friend partners nor can you get excube titles like for NPCs.
Their only real use is gathering quest items.

Well, it would be a good use of multiple PM/SPs. Just gear them up for a particular PA/Stat combo and boom. Kind of reminds me of the pet marry-go-round tactic people do in Mabi when they play dead.

lostinseganet
Nov 3, 2015, 10:20 PM
Ahahahahaha. I just figured it out. The 'best for last' feature of the beauty salon update... It's summon customization.Henshen like a magical school boy/girl !

Manta Oyamada
Dec 15, 2015, 10:14 AM
official nico nico link added

Selphea
Dec 15, 2015, 12:05 PM
I thought it was confirmed to be AIS customization by some magazine?

reaper527
Dec 15, 2015, 12:06 PM
it would be nice if the news about the ps4 version was like square's news about the ps4 version of ff7 at psx. "oh yeah, about that release date, it's right now".

realistic expectation about what they'll have for the ps4 version is that they'll probably have some game footage showing off the graphics update, announce some ps4 only npcs, and then announce a q1 2016 release date.

Zorak000
Dec 15, 2015, 12:16 PM
I think you pasted the wrong link for the time conversion

Shinamori
Dec 15, 2015, 12:38 PM
Too bad I'm going to miss this.

TaigaUC
Dec 15, 2015, 02:43 PM
Can't wait to know what that amazing extra hidden Este feature is.
And deep down I know that I'm going to end up being disappointed.

Zyrusticae
Dec 15, 2015, 02:47 PM
Does this mean I can finally have a perfectly flat chest?!

Haha... haha... ha. Just dreaming for a bit. Don't mind me.

TaigaUC
Dec 15, 2015, 03:33 PM
Has the patch data with the Disgaea scratch stuff been distributed yet?
Kinda wondering what colors the new outfits will have.

Arada
Dec 15, 2015, 04:20 PM
Can't wait to know what that amazing extra hidden Este feature is.
And deep down I know that I'm going to end up being disappointed.

I believe we already know what the hidden este feature is: AIS customization.

Poyonche
Dec 15, 2015, 04:46 PM
If there isn't a customization to change the photon particle canon's beam into a pink beam with flowers around it, i'll be disappointed.

Flaoc
Dec 15, 2015, 04:52 PM
If there isn't a customization to change the photon particle canon's beam into a pink beam with flowers around it, i'll be disappointed.

even i like the idea of this

TaigaUC
Dec 15, 2015, 05:22 PM
They said they were going to reveal the hidden feature during the December livestream though.

Maenara
Dec 15, 2015, 06:38 PM
Does this mean I can finally have a perfectly flat chest?!

Haha... haha... ha. Just dreaming for a bit. Don't mind me.

This is what you want, right?

[spoiler-box]http://www.mrlovenstein.com/images/comics/513_breast_exam.png[/spoiler-box]

FireswordRus
Dec 16, 2015, 01:14 AM
twitch http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
youtube 2nd https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live

Maenara
Dec 18, 2015, 12:44 PM
From Bumped:
"A new stage, a new story, and new characters…and even a new director!?"

Oh, fuck. This is the exact shit that ruined Mabinogi, constant changing of hands between directors, none of which were willing to touch previous directors' content, leading to content being, as they say, 'wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle'.

Don't do it, Sega.

sesiom000
Dec 18, 2015, 05:05 PM
From Bumped:

Oh, fuck. This is the exact shit that ruined Mabinogi, constant changing of hands between directors, none of which were willing to touch previous directors' content, leading to content being, as they say, 'wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle'.

Don't do it, Sega.

it needs another director...The game is basically dead as it is, only a few EQ are profitable...
SGNM already had his chance (he balanced the classes a ton no doubt) but it came down to this in the end, so what have we to lose if its already at its worse state?
The only thing that matters for SEGA at the current state of pso2 is AC scratch and they left the gameplay to a bare minimum...10 min eq?? Is that gameplay?? Is that the Phantasy star fans want? I dont think so...
Thats why it needs to change for EP4 starting with direction of the game.

Manta Oyamada
Dec 18, 2015, 05:42 PM
Now I'm sure some people did not read my post.

The two directors will leave the game?

Yuya Kimura (Director of the PC version)

Hiroshi Suganuma (Director of the Vita version)

Maenara
Dec 18, 2015, 05:51 PM
Now I'm sure some people did not read my post.

We know that it's not for a few days.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 18, 2015, 06:08 PM
Not that part.

Topics

Information on the latest updates of EPISODE 3
New Informations about Reborn:EPISODE4 ⇩⇩⇩

Details about new class "Summoner"
New Story & New Worlds
New characters!
New director for "EPISODE4"?

New informations about the PS4 version
ARKS Grand Prix - Semi final
New informations about PSO2es
New informations and Goods of PSO2 The Animation
Cosplay Contest
- Real Life Arks Dance "Rare drop koi Koi"

This part. The new director thing has been old news.

sesiom000
Dec 18, 2015, 07:44 PM
Wel surely it will have a director for the PS4 version so it may be that.

untrustful
Dec 18, 2015, 08:41 PM
Still got this old puppy for when episode 4 disappoints.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/IPGVDMX.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

YOU HEAR ME SEGA!?!

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2015, 08:47 PM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

YOU HEAR ME SEGA!?!

Fire.

Renvalt
Dec 18, 2015, 10:20 PM
From Bumped:

Don't do it, Sega.

Yeah, the fact that Mabi didn't revamp prior content until that one fucker who wanted Mabi to be like WoW left the game (I'm speaking of the way G1-3 never got revamped until like, the very tail end of the game's fucking story) was something I thought of as I noticed how you could skip EP1-2 and go straight to 3 (which I felt was utter BS - if you wanted to make it easier for newbs to get through the story, there were plenty of ways to go about it, like, oh I dunno, RESTRUCTURE THE FUCKING MATTER BOARDS?).

But yeah, a lot of the fixes I've seen here could've easily been fixed AGES ago under the same director, but I saw massive amounts of motherfucking trend abuse under Suganuma - which makes me happy to have him gone. I don't want the next update to have some experimental mechanic put in, and then not have said mechanic applied to prior areas (looking at you specifically, EP3 areas). At least EP2 followed prior concepts, even if it did ignore others in the prior build.

TaigaUC
Dec 18, 2015, 10:48 PM
I hope the new director is Hideo Kojima so we can have hours long sudden Matoi cutscenes that mess with our heads.

Maenara
Dec 18, 2015, 11:00 PM
I hope the new director is Hideo Kojima so we can have hours long sudden Matoi cutscenes that mess with our heads.

That's fine.

Flaoc
Dec 18, 2015, 11:23 PM

hideo can make long cutscenes good soooooo

TaigaUC
Dec 18, 2015, 11:48 PM
Yes, well anything's better than standing around flapping gums.

It'd be even funnier if episode 4 focused on stealth.

wahahaha
Dec 18, 2015, 11:49 PM
Please remake the game, let it reborn.

Freshellent
Dec 19, 2015, 12:02 AM
Are they giving us anything beyond harry potter and some new shaders?

I feel like... I dunno. Could be nice to get something else.

Maenara
Dec 19, 2015, 12:05 AM
Are they giving us anything beyond harry potter and some new shaders?

I feel like... I dunno. Could be nice to get something else.

New planet. New appearance customization options.

So far that looks like it's it.

Freshellent
Dec 19, 2015, 12:49 AM
Oh that's right, butt sliders should be kinda cool.

And the CAST trait- i mean fleshie separation.

AmanoMai
Dec 19, 2015, 03:29 AM
is this new director for story only? or does he also work with game mechanics
because this game need changes
lots of it

Maenara
Dec 19, 2015, 03:58 AM
And the CAST trait- i mean fleshie separation.

'Fleshy' casts don't even have flesh. It's all a silicone compound.

Mattykins
Dec 19, 2015, 07:58 AM
I swear I remember hearing something about Sakai being sad when he saw people only logging on to do TAs back at the end of Ep2, hence the Daily/TA change. I wonder if he feels the same way how people only log on to do EQs nowadays.

TaigaUC
Dec 19, 2015, 11:41 AM
That logging in to do an EQ thing has been an issue since the beginning. It seems intentional.

I wonder if Beast race will ever show up. Maybe in 2 more years for episode 6.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 19, 2015, 12:59 PM
All the good players do lots of things besides EQs, so I never understood how PSO2 became known as EQ simulator.

SHAQs, UQs, TAs (for Modulator farm), stuff like that.

TaigaUC
Dec 19, 2015, 01:12 PM
Aren't those just the players looking to perfectly max out their characters? That's a pretty small amount of the playerbase, isn't it?
I think most regular people are more interested in facing and beating new challenges instead of trying to perfectly conquer old ones.
And it's not like maxing out is necessary to be a decent player, unless you're aiming to compete with the best.

Personally, I enjoy mastering my playstyle, but having to grind stuff to max out character bores the hell out of me. It just feels like the same thing over and over.
As long as I'm strong enough to make a difference and not drag people down, then I'm satisfied. Don't need to be the best.
Especially when the best becomes obsolete if I simply wait a little.

So there hasn't been anything new in regards to a new race in the data files?

Achelousaurus
Dec 19, 2015, 06:29 PM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

YOU HEAR ME SEGA!?!
XD
So true ._.

lmao

All the good players do lots of things besides EQs, so I never understood how PSO2 became known as EQ simulator.

Yeah but. So much wrong with this statement ._.
Just cause a handful percent of the playerbase likes the grind as is doesn't mean the vast majority does and those people aren't logging in for new EQs only and stop logging in altogether after a few weeks until yet more new content is available.
Everyone and their dog was spamming Winged Border Breaker when it was new, now all I ever see is a single mpa in a single block with literally a single player in it.

Also, this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with skill. Old content gets stale and most people aren't content with the same shit over and over again.

I mean, I'm glad for the people that still like it and I wish I would be able to enjoy the game just as much. I certainly try, but there are just too many things wrong with the core game for most people to be able to enjoy it this much.

Until Sega fixes that, the new content they give us as ever new temporary fixes is the only thing that's actually kinda fun.

Anyway, a new director sounds really good. As well as Suganuma did early ep 3, as much did he fuck up later. We need someone better, so lets hope the new director actually understands the game and its issues and also can make some decisions.
Too many issues are cause Sega has no clue or knows but doesn't give a fuck.

sesiom000
Dec 19, 2015, 07:14 PM

Its has nothing to do with being a good or bad player.
If you go to a free or ultimate map you will notice there is no one doing it and you will be forced to play alone and this is an MMO game, (Massive Multiplayer Online) the game mechanics have been designed for a Multiplayer game,if it fails to do that than it means its mechanics are not working and its broken.
Even selling souls in the market its really hard right now since no one needs souls anyway since the EQ invader weapons already come with good affixes and are super powerful and also to make things worse the population playing the game is really, really low...
The MMO in this game only works in EQ thats why its an EQ game!
A game should be played when the player wants to play and not when SEGA wants the players to play...

Raujinn
Dec 19, 2015, 08:00 PM

Good players are always going to be the minority. If we're talking little effort, EQs are far more rewarding than any other content in the game. I would argue the tasks you list require considerably more dedication than EQs, even if the rewards can be great. Anga farming aside, perhaps. TA farming is also for Returner as well, isn't it? I mean UQs and SHAQs can give some pretty damn nice affixes too... I'd be farming UQs and SHAQs myself if I wasn't somewhat bored of the game as it is.

Hysteria1987
Dec 19, 2015, 09:01 PM
Good players are always going to be the minority. If we're talking little effort, EQs are far more rewarding than any other content in the game. I would argue the tasks you list require considerably more dedication than EQs, even if the rewards can be great. Anga farming aside, perhaps. TA farming is also for Returner as well, isn't it? I mean UQs and SHAQs can give some pretty damn nice affixes too... I'd be farming UQs and SHAQs myself if I wasn't somewhat bored of the game as it is.

I've always thought this sort of thing is a proper culture problem with the game, rather than anything else. There definitely can be value in doing UQs, SHAQs etc, but there isn't the open community mindset that leads to game creating. But there is hidden interest- number of times now I've started my own UQ game where there were none, and chipped away at enemies until people gradually trickle in. Once the MPA hits a certain number of people, then even more want to join, because it's an established game now.

But very few people want to talk, and of those that do, next to nobody pays any attention, so we have to have these curious little workarounds.

Z-0
Dec 19, 2015, 10:47 PM

It's mostly because... there's not really any variety in things to do. It's pretty much just VHAQ for levelling, Modulator farming for meseta and EQs for the odds and ends. UQ is really boring, although a necessity if you want to get Ares.

Since there's no trading in this game also, there's no allure to just playing random things and coming across something shiny you can trade for more stuff, especially since items outside of UQ and EQ are worthless (And the best aren't even tradeable).

I've recently uninstalled again because I'll get on and feel like there's nothing really concrete to do. I wanna do "runs" of stuff, but everything feels like a grind, so I'm mostly back to playing PSO1.

TaigaUC
Dec 19, 2015, 11:40 PM
Yeah. What Z-0 said. Need variation.
I just log-in to pick up dailies, sell some stuff. Saving up for the revival scratch. Hope it's not crappy like the last revival scratch.
Not much to do but wait for TD4 and episode 4. I hope TD4 is more exciting than PD was.
Also doesn't help that I don't have much storage space to do anything. Damn Triggers.

And yes, I don't think it's about "good or bad" players, it's more like...
Players who have interest in going the extra mile for a little more power.
It's nice to have that option there for the people who enjoy it, but it shouldn't be considered the core gameplay... because it's not.

cheapgunner
Dec 20, 2015, 12:30 AM
I'm with Z-O and TaigaUC. I get on to pick up dailies, check shop and what not. I have slowly stopped doing EQs and UQs cuz in a couple months, new 13*s will replace what we already have and the ones we do have available will most likely have easier access to. I'm sure a good number of EQs will be introduced and/or updated to have Deo Hunar and all the other hunars for bosses and stones easier to collect.

Xaelouse
Dec 20, 2015, 01:29 AM
Even the EQs aren't very interesting, end up being dumbed down by the playerbase, or mired by some silly mechanic. I think most people expect how TD4 will go.

Maenara
Dec 20, 2015, 04:30 AM
Deo Hunar is Gal Gryphon Brand EQ Incentive, isn't it.

In the end, all that only begets more fashion and incredibly overexpensive affixes that have barely higher stats than affixes that are twenty times cheaper.

This is on top of content that is all so mind numbingly easy that stats barely matter past completing content seconds faster(for no reward).

The average player shouldn't have to care about how fast they're completing content down to the second to justify playing half of the game. It's just bad design.

EQs are the only thing that provide large benefits, and even then, it's only if you don't currently own the previously best items.

Aine
Dec 20, 2015, 07:19 AM
The difference between full body +60 and full body +150 is about a 10% increase in damage, which is pretty significant. And clearing EQs faster has always translated to more runs which means more rewards overall, stacking over time.

Maenara
Dec 20, 2015, 07:26 AM
The difference between full body +60 and full body +150 is about a 10% increase in damage, which is pretty significant.
Not when you compare the costs.

And clearing EQs faster has always translated to more runs which means more rewards overall, stacking over time.

Yeah except Sega has started limiting every worthwhile EQ to a set amount of runs per ship, leaving the average player with a low upper limit. The exceptions are seasonal EQs and killing enemies fast in those was never an issue, even on XH.

Aine
Dec 20, 2015, 08:54 AM
'Barely higher stats' suggests the difference is insignificant, which isn't true. Whether or not it's worth it depends on the individual player.

Multi-shipping is still a thing even with the limited EQs, and TDs are getting updated to give out Orbit stones so getting more runs is advantageous as always.

TaigaUC
Dec 20, 2015, 12:15 PM
I'm sure there are people out there who have 10% stronger gear but play 10% worse.
I'm the kind who prefers to rely on personal skill over in-game equipment and upgrades.
There are games where I ignore the equipment and skill upgrade systems for as long as I can do without.

As said before, one of the major reasons I don't bother with maxing in PSO2 is because the stuff is going to be obsolete pretty soon.
Feels like a waste of time, moreso if the maxing out process isn't even fun. I keep feeling like I'd be better off doing something more constructive.
Whereas something like a new TD/gameplay mode is a fresh, exciting experience. A new situation to learn and experiment within.
I think that's what people want most, or at least that's what I want. New stuff to do, not maxing out to be the strongest for a short period of time.

I think farming UQs, abduction, SHAQ, etc are kinda like the stuff you can do after finishing the main story in UI an RPG.
Like, you're already strong enough to go beat the final boss, but you wanna try getting to Lv99 and maxing your gear first, or something.
The thing is that maxing out in a game that isn't actively raising the bar can be done at your leisure. What you gain won't end up feeling obsolete a few months later.
Though ultimately it's still a waste of time because it's just a game.

Ceresa
Dec 20, 2015, 01:58 PM
Gear doesn't get obsolete "pretty soon." That hasn't been the case since early Ep 1 when they were rapidly releasing new areas.

Ep1: Snow/Vader/Ragne units + AD weapons

Ep2: Gloam/Foli units + Susano/Guld Milla/Elemental Rod/Talis (and a few uniques like Elysion and Meteor Cudgel that are still used)

Ep3: Saiki + Ares (and some Ideals)

Right now: Still Saiki + as much Austere as you can with Ares where you can't.

Ares was on top for almost exactly 1 year. It's still relevant right now.

Not upgrading because you fear obsolescence means you have completely managed to miss the gearing trends for 3 years.

And skill comparisons are pretty meaningless. It's still an RPG, you will always perform better with superior gear, comparing yourself to some shitass player means absolutely nothing when you end up in an MPA where everyone knows what to do AND has better gear. At that point you become the shit player in the MPA.

AmanoMai
Dec 20, 2015, 02:23 PM
comparing yourself to some shitass player means absolutely nothing when you end up in an MPA where everyone knows what to do AND has better gear. At that point you become the shit player in the MPA.

while i agree with the other points

this one is taking it too far

the discussion was staying on 10% and now you're inflating it into a difference between "good" and "shit"

this is how all discussion gets off track because everyone was saying their own things and adding stuff until it spiral out of control

On-topic: my opinion about the significant of 10% dmg output: it's a visible difference but not a game changing difference.

(actually, depends on the situation 10% more might just let you kill something before it goes into an annoying phase for example, but then again that scenario involves a lot of "IFs" and i mean a lot)

Flaoc
Dec 20, 2015, 02:40 PM
The difference between full body +60 and full body +150 is about a 10% increase in damage, which is pretty significant. And clearing EQs faster has always translated to more runs which means more rewards overall, stacking over time.

and how much is 115-120 to 145/150 full body in difference cant remember my old damage so unable to tell how much of a difference it made for me in the end

Raujinn
Dec 20, 2015, 03:52 PM
Isn't +100 kinda really cheap to make now? I can appreciate people not being able to afford +150 or just not be willing to put in the effort in finding out how to +150 but..

200 attack is still a lot to lose.

Weiss9029
Dec 20, 2015, 04:25 PM
What about for forces, getting that much T-ATK and a high amount of PP isn't that easy is it?

Shinamori
Dec 20, 2015, 05:32 PM
It's not hard, just expensive.

Selphea
Dec 20, 2015, 05:56 PM
Forces have it relatively easy actually. TATK Flicts, Nobles and Fevers are much cheaper than SATK. Even if you don't do Flict + Mod, something like Guranz/Tech3/Flict Magia/Latan Fever/Noble Tech is 125 TATK and 11 PP already, and likely doable for less than the cost of a single Noble Power.

Gear doesn't get obsolete "pretty soon." That hasn't been the case since early Ep 1 when they were rapidly releasing new areas.

*snip*

Not upgrading because you fear obsolescence means you have completely managed to miss the gearing trends for 3 years.

Depends on weapon, Gal Jet Boots, TMGs, Double Saber and Wand outperform the Ares weapons while requiring much less time to farm, and that was about halfway into Ep3. Skull Rifle, TMG and Gunslash also came in about halfway through. Otoh if best in slot is Ideals, Ideals became 50% easier to farm about half a year down as well. And of course today Ares is so easy it makes Skull look like a tedious grind.

Saiki never really required much effort besides trigger running during a boost week so it doesn't have the same issue.

The trend seems to be that the first gen of top tier weapons takes a lot of time to farm, then about a quarter to half a year later they either trivialize it or release a welfare series with about the same performance while the top end stays the same.

Depending on time available it probably pays to wait and then look at the options later on.

TaigaUC
Dec 21, 2015, 02:56 AM
I agree with what Selphea said. I remember when tons of people farmed for Ares for ages.
I still don't have any Ares, but I got weapons just as good or better in a relatively short period.
If I recall correctly, there wasn't even much to do the entire time people were farming Ares and Slave. Just XH versions of old stuff, and UQ.
It was essentially farming to get stronger weapons for the sake of slightly faster farming. Unless you did old content again, of course.
Then there's stuff like grinding Psycho Wand and Lavis Blade only to see them get better latents right after. Another incentive to just wait.

When I said "pretty soon" I was likely referring to the current state of the game (possibly without consciously thinking about it).
I'm probably at something around 90% efficiency, have been for a few months now. Or more. Time flies.
If I wait another month or two, there's a high chance 13 stars will be obsolete.
In that scenario, I'm hardly motivated to waste a ton of time for that last 10%.

Oh, there's also the very high possibility that I could spend an entire year farming for that extra damage and never get it. For example, Backhand Smash 17.
I could spend that time doing something more constructive, and get Backhand Smash 17 easily when they make it easier to obtain. Like so many other things in PSO2.
It boils down to, "random unknown amount of time doing something repetitive and sleep-inducing" vs "wait for a while, do something else enjoyable, then come back and get it easily".
I'm more for the latter, obviously.

Besides, regardless of time period, the fact is that stuff will eventually become obsolete. That's still a non-existent problem in offline games.
If you're not spending a lot of time seriously playing the game and competing for absolute best, then there really isn't a point going that extra mile.
Unless it's your hobby or something. It's kinda like how you can get 8 slots but you don't really need to. There are people who enjoy trying.

As I said, having that extra mile is great for people who care, but it is in no way the main game.
I'm pretty sure it's a fact that the majority of the playerbase don't bother with those things.
That should say enough in itself.

Also, regarding Tech users, Tech customization can be pretty costly if your luck sucks balls.

FireswordRus
Dec 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
dont worry about affixes with S-atk,
Fi have alternative style afixes for best dps, it is HP and PP, and they are cost more lower
Fo have alternative style afixes for best dps, it is PP and crafted tech for speed charge (soul+tech 3, noble enough for T-atk)
With ACT it is easy to see on EQ

TaigaUC
Dec 21, 2015, 07:04 PM
I really have to get around to trying ACT.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 21, 2015, 08:01 PM
Fo have alternative style afixes for best dps, it is PP and crafted tech for speed charge (soul+tech 3, noble enough for T-atk)

I hope no one on your team has done just this pure affix (unless your giving an example)

milranduil
Dec 21, 2015, 08:56 PM
dont worry about affixes with S-atk,
Fi have alternative style afixes for best dps, it is HP and PP, and they are cost more lower
With ACT it is easy to see on EQ

circumstantial evidence is circumstantial.

Zyrusticae
Dec 22, 2015, 01:44 AM
Didn't this start like, oh, say, 2 hours and 44 minutes ago?

Why is no one commenting? Anything of interest from the stream?

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 01:45 AM
Didn't this start like, oh, say, 2 hours and 44 minutes ago?

Why is no one commenting? Anything of interest from the stream?

No, it's 24 hours from now. Well, 21 now.

Zyrusticae
Dec 22, 2015, 01:46 AM
Oh right, got my days mixed up. It's Tuesday 10 PM, not Monday 10 PM... durrr.

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 01:49 AM
Oh right, got my days mixed up. It's Tuesday 10 PM, not Monday 10 PM... durrr.

Don't worry, they'll implement negative cup sizes just for you.

Zyrusticae
Dec 22, 2015, 01:54 AM
I WISH

Wait, why negative? Why not just null? Don't need to go all concave on me... ^^;

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 01:56 AM
I WISH

Wait, why negative? Why not just null? Don't need to go all concave on me... ^^;

I was making a joke! It's okay to have a giggle.

TaigaUC
Dec 22, 2015, 03:14 AM
Hee hee hee!

Poyonche
Dec 22, 2015, 06:30 PM
Soon. :wacko:

Skornedemon
Dec 22, 2015, 10:55 PM
5 minutes.

Kondibon
Dec 22, 2015, 11:15 PM
I know they do it to get people to watch the whole thing, but I really hope they get the information out of the way before the cosplay contest and grand prix stuff. :/

TaigaUC
Dec 22, 2015, 11:17 PM
Nope, they split up the information throughout the entire 5 hours.

Kondibon
Dec 22, 2015, 11:22 PM
Nope, they split up the information throughout the entire 5 hours.http://i.imgur.com/xcg7iMY.gif

I'm going back to being a heal bitch in TERA then. I'll just watch the recordings later.

final_attack
Dec 22, 2015, 11:46 PM
This is all you need to see of the stream. PSO2 is over now. That's all, folks.

Too bad it's not when they hug each other LOL

Kondibon
Dec 22, 2015, 11:50 PM
This is all you need to see of the stream. PSO2 is over now. That's all, folks.If you went back in time and showed that to someone right after they finished Phantasy Star 4 and told them this is the future of the series, I think they'd cry.

Goukezitsu
Dec 23, 2015, 12:09 AM
XQ Update Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X5QWj8tS1g

PSO2es Tralier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAyhczgQWX4

Hello Kitty Collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xBZKetNas

As usual thanks again to the re-streamers and thread creators!

oratank
Dec 23, 2015, 12:15 AM
now something worth to grind 13*

Drifting Fable
Dec 23, 2015, 12:21 AM
dat scarf ouo

finally a scarf with wild scarf physics

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 12:29 AM
Hello Kitty for PSO2. Everyone's dream come true!

ThePageofHeart
Dec 23, 2015, 12:32 AM
dat scarf ouo

finally a scarf with wild scarf physics

say hello to the expensive ass market when that comes out.

Achelousaurus
Dec 23, 2015, 12:46 AM
Katana + wand camo. TeBr players will probably appreciate that.

Anyway, lol at the xq stages.
I spot a Gryphon. And seemingly every rappy ever.
I call no drops.

Bayari + Leone is gonna be painful. But interesting. Not really. Gonna be a bitch cause you'll have to dodge nonstop which is annoying on force and melee will have a big problem keeping up with a boss that jumps and dances around the stage all the time while the other one dashes from end to end every 2 seconds unless it's spamming attacks from midair.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 12:56 AM
Bayari + Leone is gonna be painful. But interesting. Not really. Gonna be a bitch cause you'll have to dodge nonstop which is annoying on force and melee will have a big problem keeping up with a boss that jumps and dances around the stage all the time while the other one dashes from end to end every 2 seconds unless it's spamming attacks from midair.

Looks like it's time to go Guard Stance Massive Hunter. 8-)

milranduil
Dec 23, 2015, 01:01 AM
Katana + wand camo. TeBr players will probably appreciate that.

Anyway, lol at the xq stages.
I spot a Gryphon. And seemingly every rappy ever.
I call no drops.

We already have katana + wand camo and it looks decent imo (*マグノリアエクレール2).

As for Bayari + Leone, break both wings and it won't be a problem tbh. Braver will smash the stage I'm sure. In fact, I bet their hp will be reduced enough that nifta + zanverse/fomel will probably one shot both bosses at once.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 01:06 AM
Haha. Guren Tessen.

Fun times.

What a come back.

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 01:35 AM
CLUTCH win, goddamn.

0.4s time difference. You don't see that every day. And that with the winning team being at a disadvantage going into the boss fight. Total upset!

Wish all the matches would be so intense, haha.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 01:53 AM
UR GET!

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:05 AM
Have they shown any information past the first update trailer yet?

final_attack
Dec 23, 2015, 02:07 AM
Not yet ..... still introducing Sweetes Paradise (?) Menus.

Apprentice Gia 's Omelette .... Too bad there's no "cannon" LOL

PSO2 Animation atm

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:10 AM
PSO2 anime looks so random.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:16 AM
3 hours in and only 3 minutes of update info? This is a new low score, not counting that 15 hour one.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:22 AM
Episode 4 news part 1! Woo~

New directors:
Nakamura Keisuke
Hamazaki Daiki <- he handled balance for episode 3.

I think.

Episode 4's concept is NEW EXPERIENCE! New joys and surprises.
New class, new story, new field, new system, new fashion.

final_attack
Ep4 info now (?)

Kondibon
I've been too pampered by the GW2 livestreams coming out around the time of the expansion that detailed all the new class content. I: At least they're finally getting to it.

EvilMag
Dec 23, 2015, 02:23 AM
New director any good?

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 02:24 AM
ep2's director? Uh.. I have a bad feeling about this..

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:27 AM
If the new director is the one responsible for how Summoner's summons look, I've already got a bleak outlook.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:29 AM
Pets are named Wanda, Torimu and Sarii.

You can get rare pet eggs and name the pets.
Then I wasn't paying attention and now they're showing some candy box stuff and rarity up something or other.

They showed the quick switch thing that Maenara mentioned.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:32 AM
What the fuck.

A) Why are they going so overboard on this single class' systems.
B) Why are they going overboard with the cutesyness to the point of making cutesy GUI elements.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:33 AM
What's the what the fuck?

I thought it looked pretty silly seeing the character marching around while conducting.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:34 AM
What's the what the fuck?

I thought it looked pretty silly seeing the character marching around while conducting.

What the fuck.

A) Why are they going so overboard on this single class' systems.
B) Why are they going overboard with the cutesyness to the point of making cutesy GUI elements.

Edited my post.

Goukezitsu
Dec 23, 2015, 02:35 AM
Summoner Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVE0p4vTd8

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 02:37 AM
I'm really worried all this pet stuff is just going to add another thing people going to be expected to minmax. :/

EDIT: in fact it's lose lose. Either the system is shallow and useless, thus not needing to exist, or it's super important to your performance and people leave MPAs if you don't have a perfect pet or whatever.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:38 AM
All mighty Wanda is an all-rounder, the first pet you get.
Easy to use, you can get by from spamming PAs.

Torimu is for bosses, sounds like it's for pinpointed hard hits?
Sarii is for support/aid.

Pet eggs drop like rare weapons.
Use candy to customize and strengthen your pet, with abilities of your preference.
Combine eggs to raise them. You can keep raising the rarity of the same pet.

They said something everyone seemed excited by, but I wasn't paying attention and missed it.

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 02:41 AM
Searching for the rare eggs, grinding the "candy box", it's quite the same. Though they are saying the game experience will be a whole new one.. Not expecting much, but still curious how the pet system become.

Aine
Dec 23, 2015, 02:41 AM
AC items to reset feed timers

goin full mobile game here

ThePageofHeart
Dec 23, 2015, 02:42 AM
Summoner Trailer:
PSO2????37 Trailer #4 Summoner Gameplay - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVE0p4vTd8)

am i dumb for drooling during that whole candy square portion? looked interesting to do...

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:44 AM
I like the idea of customizing the pet, but what's with all this weird candy shit.
This all seems so out of place, even for PSO2 the most random game of all time.

"The universe is being destroyed! Hang on, I gotta arrange my pet's candy."

Flaoc
so cap su and never use it again? ok got it

Kondibon
am i dumb for drooling during that whole candy square portion? looked interesting to do...At least someone is excited by it.

Xaelouse
Dec 23, 2015, 02:46 AM
There's a lot going on with this class at least. Guess this makes up for Bouncer's release

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 02:46 AM
What a fucking joke. This is what they follow Dark Falz Apprentice Zea with?

ThePageofHeart
Dec 23, 2015, 02:47 AM
At least someone is excited by it.

I'm really the only one out of my team who's actually excited about Summoner in general. though i get excited about many things. :-?

I really dont mind if it seems out of place for something like PSO2.

TaigaUC
Kinda funny, when Summoner was first announced, people here and my JP friends kept saying they wanted something cooler.

Now they're showing us this candy box stuff.
Must be a lot of facepalms right now.

Famitsu and Dengeki PS item codes!
Episode 4 baton camos! A fan, and a smartphone. Would've liked those for Talis.

cheapgunner
All this hassle could have been avoided if we got a class with something simple like shield.sword combo and/or geomancers. THat candy thing is kinda bizarre but the egg grinding could be good. But for all this for SUmmoner, the payoff better be DAMN good for me to waste my time.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 02:49 AM
I'm really the only one out of my team who's actually excited about Summoner in general. though i get excited about many things. :-?

I really dont mind if it seems out of place for something like PSO2.No, you aren't allowed to enjoy or be interested in anything unless it's what everyone else wants.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2015, 02:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xcg7iMY.gif

I'm going back to being a heal bitch in TERA then. I'll just watch the recordings later.

*Deadpans* No, wait, take me with you.

*rolls eyes*

But in all seriousness, has anything they've shown so far actually been interesting?

It's just been summoner stuff, hasn't it?

Hasn't it?

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:51 AM
Ohh! Este from quick menu! Finally.

Layering wear.
Inner, Base, Outer. Mix and match clothing. You can also set their layer priority.
Change hairstyle and body paint anywhere. So you can basically change outfit anywhere.

So... I was sorta right about the last hidden este thing being customizing parts. Not exactly what I had in mind, though.
Also, new character slot for free. As I predicted.

final_attack
Dec 23, 2015, 02:54 AM
R.I.P Storage? Inner - base - Outer means triple space? :o

Touka
Dec 23, 2015, 02:54 AM
Holy shit,all this customization.Phasion:reborn.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 02:55 AM
*Deadpans* No, wait, take me with you.

*rolls eyes*

But in all seriousness, has anything they've shown so far actually been interesting?

It's just been summoner stuff, hasn't it?

Hasn't it?
The este stuff was the most interesting.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:56 AM
Looks like we can finally wear pantyhose on top of underwear.

Goukezitsu
Dec 23, 2015, 02:57 AM
Salon and Cosmetics Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9rxoMrTM4

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 02:58 AM
I missed that, but it sounded like they said inner wear is bound to character?
That's going to be a huge pain.

I think they said you can't just walk around with inner wear and nothing else.

wefwq
I'm more worried that esthe instant preset swap require the outfit to be on item pack... not to mention the "rare" egg/candy, there'll tons of complaint regarding how some boss don't give them rare weapon and just egg/candy instead.

Poyonche
I am also very interested by Summoner.

But holy shit this esthe trailer IS the most interesting thing of EP4.

Kondibon
Looks like we can finally wear pantyhose on top of underwear.http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/4/42/Praise_be_to_Yevon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141012204327

ThePageofHeart
No, you aren't allowed to enjoy or be interested in anything unless it's what everyone else wants.

"Don't like it what you see, don't bother. Cept' leave the ones who actually give a fuck alone."

told the same people with that when that kind of snark about something shows.
Been telling that same old line of mine for years.

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2015, 02:59 AM
Inner wear locked to ur character = Once you choose this one, it's over ? You'll wear this one forever ?

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:00 AM
Inner wear locked to ur character = Once you choose this one, it's over ? You'll wear this one forever ?Considering that's how it originally was and they specifically changed it because people asked them to, I doubt it. You sure they didn't mean something like having it locked to an outfit, so you can have outfits with different innerwear without going into the este? Because I would like that. I would like that a lot.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:01 AM
New skills for old classes.
Item pack can be extended to 150.
My set expanded to 12.
Counter and NPC renewal, new COs.
Tutorial renewal. Because everyone loves tutorials.

By locked to character, I think it's like body paint, accessories and hairstyles.
It means if you have a bunch of characters you're going to have to shell out a fortune for lots of underwear.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:01 AM
Are they gonna backport the layer system to old outfits?

Ahahahahahaha, just kidding. This is Sega.

Anduril
Dec 23, 2015, 03:02 AM
The quick change presets means I can finally do a Full Armor shed on the field with my Caseal.

dekopong
Inner and base is like accessories. Outer is like costumes.

You can't go out only by inner. (Though, there might be base and outer that shows inner.)

Poyonche
NPC Renewal = Maybe no more Melitta ? :O

Atmius
Dec 23, 2015, 03:03 AM
I would assume it's akin to using a hairstyle ticket etc, which is locked to character, rather than a costume, which can be traded between characters/sold.

Think of it in this way: they probably don't want you reselling or moving around used underwear.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:03 AM
Oh, it was Inner AND Base. Well that's going to kill my savings.

@Maenara
You mean retroactively affect old outfits? I severely doubt it.
It's as I said months ago, they're probably going to sell us old outfits as layered versions.

Unless they already explained it and I missed it.

Sakai said there's still one big announcement. New race?

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 03:04 AM
Are they gonna backport the layer system to old outfits?

Ahahahahahaha, just kidding. This is Sega.
Probably just like new hair that can has 2 color on them, while the old stay the same.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:04 AM
I would assume it's akin to using a hairstyle ticket etc, which is locked to character, rather than a costume, which can be traded between characters/sold.

Think of it in this way: they probably don't want you reselling or moving around used underwear.

Reusable pantsu item, 13*, can be traded and sold. Displays the number of different females that have worn it in its description. Male characters can use it to gain a permanent stat boost dependant on the different female value.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:06 AM
Since we're getting a new character slot, maybe we're getting Beast race?

EvilMag
Dec 23, 2015, 03:06 AM
They releasing a new benchmark tool before Ep4?

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:07 AM
Since we're getting a new character slot, maybe we're getting Beast race?

No, we're getting Phantom Man race.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:07 AM
I think the next announcement is probably going to be a new area, not a race or anything. I feel they would have revealed the race with the class like braver and duman if they were going to do that.

EDIT: Oh, they mentioned a new character slot. This changes things. Unless the race is something really different though I'm I'm just using the slot for a trap ranger.

The quick change presets means I can finally do a Full Armor shed on the field with my Caseal.
https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:09 AM
Would new area be a big announcement though?

I hope we get Phantom Train race.

PokeminMaster
Why are they showing the Christmas update trailer?

Manta Oyamada
【PSO2】 冬の中規模アップデート「煌めき舞う絶対防衛戦」 Part4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlaO1dHLlI0&feature=youtu.be

【PSO2】 アークスGrand Prix 2016東京予選 PC部門 セミファイナル
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdTI0GVYWBo

【PSO2】 アークスGrand Prix 2016東京予選 PSVita部門 セミファイナル
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlshclljJ-4&feature=youtu.be

【PSO2】 Reborn:EPSODE4「新クラス サモナー」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS0GtUlHPLc&feature=youtu.be

【PSO2】 Reborn:EPSODE4「キャラクタークリエイト」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mex4_NsMA&feature=youtu.be

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2015, 03:12 AM
The este stuff was the most interesting.

I'm conflicted.

I'm just going to hop over here away from summoner and hope it gets better....

http://i.imgur.com/bjF5tNc.gif

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:12 AM
It'd be hilarious if the remaining big announcement is another new class.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:13 AM
Would new area be a big announcement though?Considering ultimate nab was, sure.

I hope we get Phantom Train race.I thought you meant racing phantom trains and got super excited.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:14 AM
Their probably just showing the three basic/beginner pet for now, and probably have something cooler on a higher rarity. Don't wanna spoil too much I guess.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:14 AM
I requested some kind of racing minigame a long time ago.
Maybe in episode 5.

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2015, 03:15 AM
It will be Stone race 'kay ?

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:16 AM
You know what'd be cool? If Sega's willing to make this new class this complex, if they'd go back and redo every old class so that they're at least as complex, so that there's not a massive glaring difference in depth between classes.

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2015, 03:18 AM
You know what'd be cool? If Sega's willing to make this new class this complex, if they'd go back and redo every old class

STOOOP

It is Sega you know ?

TaigaUC
I'm sure a bunch of people already find the current classes too complex.

cheapgunner
You know what'd be cool? If Sega's willing to make this new class this complex, if they'd go back and redo every old class so that they're at least as complex, so that there's not a massive glaring difference in depth between classes.

Maybe add a new sub-weapon like gunslash to the existing classes would be nice. Even a GUI interface where you can alter the base stats/percentages of your class by a small, but noticeable amount of points.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:20 AM
The power of Guren Tessen.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:23 AM
You know what'd be cool? If Sega's willing to make this new class this complex, if they'd go back and redo every old class so that they're at least as complex, so that there's not a massive glaring difference in depth between classes.Or they could just shave all that stuff off entirely. The more complicated you make things the more likely it is for players to either game the system or get stupidly elitist about marginal rng bonuses.

EDIT: to clarify I'm not saying there shouldn't be any depth, I just don't think trying to layer it on top of the skill trees, affixes, and latents, when those systems are already borked. I'd rather they fix that stuff than add a bunch of new systems.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:24 AM
Just a reminder that the official Summoner discussion thread can be found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230637).

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2015, 03:28 AM
Welp, more boring stuff.

Should probably sleep.

Selphea
Dec 23, 2015, 03:29 AM
Complexity != depth and having a class that uses a different gearing system sounds like trouble

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:29 AM
I think this is the last final match, then the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

otakun
Dec 23, 2015, 03:33 AM
I think this is the last final match, then the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

You are going to hype this for me just to set me up for disappointment. :-P

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:34 AM
I'm hoping it's something super random so I can laugh hard.

New gender! New-half!
That'd probably explain why they cancelled the Western release.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:34 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

The upper limit for character height has been raised!

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2015, 03:40 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are closing servers 2 days after EP4.

Selphea
Dec 23, 2015, 03:42 AM
Big announcement! The clothing layers we added contributed greatly to lag on the test servers. We have to disable every layer except underwear on the live server.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:43 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: All minimum height characters have had their height randomly reassigned to a value between 50 and 100% of maximum height. The ability to change your character's height has also been removed.

GoldGenII
Dec 23, 2015, 03:44 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Wait until next livestream in February ¦I

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:44 AM
New gender! New-half!http://img.pandawhale.com/111132-excited-Anna-thats-my-fetish-g-od16.gif

PokeminMaster
Dec 23, 2015, 03:45 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are closing servers 2 days after EP4.
I think you mean 2 days before

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:47 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/111132-excited-Anna-thats-my-fetish-g-od16.gif

Newhalf is gross. Futa is where it's at.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:50 AM
Big announcement! Chairs return to lobbies!

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 03:53 AM
Can someone show me pictures of all those mysterious chairs they removed? I've always been curious where they were placed, considering there are still chairs in the lobby but people imply that there used to be more.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:56 AM
Big announcement! Disgaea collabo!

final_attack
information started again

DrCatco
Big announcement! Chairs return to lobbies!

ok now I know you need to sleep.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 03:58 AM
Yes, yes I do need to sleep. Some day.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:59 AM
Newhalf is gross. Futa is where it's at.
There go any of my possible slim chances.
http://i.imgur.com/9U0CYEU.gif

PokeminMaster
So... Why are they showing us these trailers? We already have the content in-game

Kondibon
So... Why are they showing us these trailers? We already have the content in-gameFiller while they get ready for the next segment.

PokeminMaster
Dec 23, 2015, 04:01 AM
Filler while they get ready for the next segment.
Oooooh, that makes sense

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:01 AM
For viewers who don't play PSO2, maybe.
There was someone right at the start who commented "this game seems interesting".

The big announcement better not be AIS customization.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:03 AM
New planet Earth.
So all that phantom military stuff was on the ball.

New field Tokyo.
New enemies, phantoms.

Hell yeah, it really is a T-Rex!!!

ThePageofHeart
Dec 23, 2015, 04:04 AM
lol Earth Hype

Kondibon
Wait.... really?

final_attack
Earth : Tokyo :v

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 04:05 AM
REALLY?

ThePageofHeart
I'm getting serious Parasite Eve vibe from this shit xD

Also give me that dashing speed now pls.

Qualia
lmao 4real that hype tho

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:06 AM
T-Rex has a T-rex skull phallus or something.
And yeah, this is very Parasite Eve.

Ice stuff kinda reminds me of Crysis or something.

Meteor Weapon
Holy fuck, ep4 takes place on earth?!?

final_attack
Ramming Copter ....... why did you don't take a tank form instead :v

ThePageofHeart
Lmao look both ways before crossing folks.

Qualia
Dec 23, 2015, 04:07 AM
That gotta go fast etrial.

ThePageofHeart
YEAHHHHH PHANTOM TRAIN DRAGON HYPEEEEEEE

Kondibon
REEEEEEEEEEALLY??

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:08 AM
Hah, so it really is a train.
This is both creepy and funny.

Touka
Dec 23, 2015, 04:08 AM
ROAD ROLLA DA WRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!No seriously.....wtf lol.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 04:09 AM
Rat?
Rex?
Helicopter?
Tank?
Bullet Train?

literally what

Misaki Ki
Oh gawd, no idea was rejected!

Anduril
REEEEEEEEEEALLY??
I feel you.

ThePageofHeart
LMAOOOO, this is earth in the year 2028? well damn son xD

jooozek
that's the most ridiculous shit they could ever come up, like seriously

Aine
wow what the fuck

and I thought aurora and summoners were already out of place in the worldbuilding and lore

Para
Dec 23, 2015, 04:10 AM
SEGA was stoned as **** when they developed this idea.

Maenara
Episode 4: Jump the Shark.

jooozek

oh yeah, photons :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
REALLY??

ThePageofHeart

More like jump those goddamn speeding cars :Y

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:11 AM
Episode 4: Fuck Logic.

oratank
Dec 23, 2015, 04:11 AM
that's nothing like pso at all

GoldGenII
Dec 23, 2015, 04:12 AM
Superman 64 Episode 2: Earth-2

Suirano
There was nothing in my being at all that prepared me for that Ep. 4 trailer.

Bears, cars, tanks, missles, dinos and fucking transfoming trains, best level. :D

Maenara
This is worse than when Mabinogi added Shakespeare.

redroses
What the actual...I..
How high was SEGA when they made this? Also, does SEGA know what Art Direction means?

"Here, have some super cute summons. Now here, have a super realistic T-Rex, Zombies and a Train Dragon. Which all clashes with every design that came before these!".

SEGA went full stupid.

TaigaUC
In before Episode 5 new planet: Disneyland.

ThePageofHeart
Dec 23, 2015, 04:13 AM
There was nothing in my being at all that prepared me for that Ep. 4 trailer.

Bears, cars, tanks, missles, dinos and fucking transfoming trains, best level. :D

I REALLY DONT CARE PSO2 IS HIGH FOR EPISODE 4, IM GONNA HAVE FUN XD

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2015, 04:13 AM
In before Episode 5 new planet: Disneyland.

We already defeated Double, so no more Disneyland. :wacko:

Skornedemon
Dec 23, 2015, 04:14 AM
Emergency Code : City Escape

Drifting Fable
Guys . . . what am I looking at . . . ?

like what . . .

EvilMag
I guess when they were designing Dark Falz Disney World they just said fuck it people stopped taking this game seriously. LETS FUCKING GO ALL OUT. BRING OUT THE PHOTON DRUGS

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 04:15 AM

like what . . .

some shitty low budget indie game with assets picked randomly from unity framework store 8-)

wefwq

like what . . .
Sonic Runners 2028

Xaelouse
This is amazing, Sega hasn't made me this speechless in ever

Enforcer MKV
Seriously. For fuck's sake.

You could have worked on balance.

You could have worked on anything else.

....Nope. Phantom Earth. And cutesy summons.

And I didn't think Sega could surprise/disappoint me more than they already had.

Oh, ye of little faith....tch.

..............I better get a good looking AR camo out of this, Sega. GDI. *rolls eyes*

TaigaUC
What bugs me most is I thought PSO was always about exploring the new frontiers of outer space or something, but now we keep getting stuff like a planet of Japanese stuff, and now Tokyo Japan.
Are the rest of the fields for Earth going to be places like Shibuya, Osaka, etc?
Maybe next episode will be Sengoku Era.

I know it's a Japanese game, but it all seems rather... focused.
Whatever the word for small-world is.

Kondibon
http://i.imgur.com/76a15xa.gif

So I'm going to say that I'm actually OK with this, but I know someone is going to call me a hypocrite because of thing's I've said about the anime and harukotan, so I guess I'll elaborate and say that Harukotan felt out of place because it seemed to have nothing to do with earth at all so the aesthetic being practically copy-pasted from an earth culture without any variations other than the creatures living there. The anime just looks bad, and the idea of PSO2 being a game in-universe AND another world feels a bit contrived. Though really my problem with the anime is just that it doesn't look interesting.

final_attack
Planet : Earth

1st Area is Japan ....
2nd Area is somewhere in Europe ....
3rd Area is somewhere in US?

XDD

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 04:16 AM
Sega needs to retake Worldbuilding and Lore 101.

Goukezitsu
PSO 2 New Planet Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj49eS4sxeU

What in the fuck did I just watch.

GoldGenII
Real talk I think this is their way of saying incoming Oneechanbara collab. Seriously... this looks like full-fledged Oneechanbara work.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 23, 2015, 04:18 AM
This makes sense! Falz Elder found out about Earth when he escaped the game in PSO2 On Stage. This also has the potential to put this game as a prequel to the Phantasy Star Algol games because it explains how the Earthmen got to Algol

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 04:19 AM
I'm "ok with this" in the sense that PSO2 has been increasingly random, so I expected this somewhat.