PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker Problem

AzureNinja89
Nov 4, 2015, 07:24 AM
Hello I downloaded PSO2 jp and the tweaker along with it. i have the game running and character made but ive tried everything i can think of with the tweaker to make the game in english. When i try to download the english patch it fails to install. I have the Tweaker in its own folder in the pso2 folder. Can anyone help me point out what im doing wrong and help me fix the problem. thanks in advance

:-? :-? :-?

Anduril
Nov 4, 2015, 09:32 AM
Hello I downloaded PSO2 jp and the tweaker along with it. i have the game running and character made but ive tried everything i can think of with the tweaker to make the game in english. When i try to download the english patch it fails to install. I have the Tweaker in its own folder in the pso2 folder. Can anyone help me point out what im doing wrong and help me fix the problem. thanks in advance

:-? :-? :-?
Try moving the Tweaker folder out of the PSO2 folder, especially if the PSO2 folder is in the Programs folder. Then make sure that the Tweaker and PSO2 folders are whitelisted/excluded in your anti-virus/Windows Defender.

AzureNinja89
Nov 4, 2015, 05:31 PM
I will try this. but by any chance is there a way to download the English patchs without going through the tweaker? like be able to download them and move them to the tweaker folder?

EDIT:I moved the tweaker out of the pso2 folder but when i install the english patch I still get

Downloading English Patch...
Download complete! (Downloaded 107.170.16.100/patches/patch_2015_10_28rar)
Waiting for patch to finish extracting...
ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

Really hoping this is fixable.

bhaal
Nov 4, 2015, 05:42 PM
I will try this. but by any chance is there a way to download the English patchs without going through the tweaker? like be able to download them and move them to the tweaker folder?

Here: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206 , you can get the core eng patch and the large file one.

AzureNinja89
Nov 4, 2015, 06:49 PM
, you can get the core eng patch and the large file one.

thank you and just a quick question do i install the files to the tweaker folder or the pso2 bin folder?

(sorry for the questions not very good at things like this)

bhaal
Nov 4, 2015, 07:46 PM
thank you and just a quick question do i install the files to the tweaker folder or the pso2 bin folder?

(sorry for the questions not very good at things like this)
No prob, I recommend you dl and install 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) that will make you life more easy, with 7 installed launch the 7zip file manager as admin and in it go to where the patches are. chose 1 and select extract to:
for 32-bit windows: C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 or
for 64-bit windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
chose yes to replace , repeat for the other patch and you are done.

AzureNinja89
Nov 4, 2015, 11:42 PM
ok i have it installed and all working just making sure im not missing anything.

most items are in english but there are alot that are still reading in jap. is this normal? or am i missing some files to translate those items? also when i speak with some NPC's there dialog is also in jap.

Anduril
Nov 5, 2015, 12:02 AM
ok i have it installed and all working just making sure im not missing anything.

most items are in english but there are alot that are still reading in japanese. is this normal? or am i missing some files to translate those items? also when i speak with some NPC's there dialog is also in japanese.
It is normal for some things to still be in Japanese. Typcally new items will still be untranslated for a while and NPC chatter is usually not deemed vital enough to be translated with any kind of priority.