PDA

View Full Version : GAL 13*'s Potentials

Dia79
Nov 10, 2015, 11:47 AM
Hello guys,

So far after this triboost week and after months of gal/gel huntings i guess many players will now have their own gal's 13* affixed and grinded or even regrinded :P ;
So here is my question , what you think is the best potential for each specific gal weapon considering the playstile or the field experience that you might have .
I would love to know what you think about very close or medium range and medium-far range , if you have tested it or what you think is wrong with it . :D

arkeido
Nov 10, 2015, 12:08 PM
WL: Close if you like to grab enemy around with heavenly fall/Cerberus/Wild (Mid if you like to Kaiser Rise & Holding Current and "Other")
TMG: Zero Range
Rifle : both (depending on main, long for Ra, close for Gu)
JB: Close, no reason to take long range since everyone go BoHu anyway.
Bow : Close, mid range also good but most situation require either close to mobs or far from mobs.
DS : Close
Wand: Close for smacking
Rod: Long (Dark)

also relevant:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://jii.moe/VJTm4OwJx.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TheszNuts
Nov 10, 2015, 12:28 PM
Where does Other Spin on WL fall? Close range?

Dia79
Nov 10, 2015, 12:41 PM

thats actually an intresting question , i got a WL today and i wonder still which potential i should get but idk the answer honestly since im not a WL user :D

arkeido
Nov 10, 2015, 12:43 PM

Seems counted mid-range since my Gal WL crit quite alot on other spin (no stance/buff on)
[SPOILER-BOX]Mid Range pot lvl1
http://i.imgur.com/KZsYRH6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Achelousaurus
Nov 10, 2015, 02:42 PM
IMO the potentials are mostly shit. In a few cases they are nice but often they are inconvenient and you will just not proc them.

Take for example wand. Close/Zero range sounds like a no brainer but you'll want to occasionally cast as well and then you don't get it.
For aforementioned WLs some pas need one potential while some need the other.
Katana generally wants close range but Hatou needs mid range.

What is stupid about this is that Sega is trying to force one kind of potential onto every weapon, not caring about how different the playing style is.

They lazily add one potential for every series instead of giving weapons reasonable, useful potentials individually like for 7*-12* weapons.

And as long as that happens, most 13* will be underwhelming.
Even Ares isn't optimal in some cases like forces that use the PB a lot.

The only 13* series with a potential that is good for all weapons is austere and that requires absurd amounts of farming.