PDA

View Full Version : 75m Just to 60 Element?

Mildora
Nov 12, 2015, 07:46 AM
14ish Million for 5% Boosters
http://puu.sh/liLm1/b8b1f78263.gif
Mmmm No thank you.

So why do you think people have been doing this? I know a few on the forums have lol (some have paid less since they bought before hand)

・ Are always aiming for current end-tier damage
・ It's worth
・ Impatient and believe the grind is too long for current end-game 13*
・ Swag / epen
・ Just because they can
・ Or just flat out don't have time to dedicate the hours worth for 400/200?

It truly does feel nice being told my ares rod is just a austere fodder
but I don't even play force

Aine
Nov 12, 2015, 07:48 AM
because time is money

milranduil
Nov 12, 2015, 08:03 AM
because time is money

5char

Flaoc
Nov 12, 2015, 08:04 AM
because not having to deal with slave is worth it (it was horrible.. aint got time to be losing damage under 50% pp)

Xaelouse
Nov 12, 2015, 08:06 AM
Beg Sega to give everyone x3 10% boosters on Christmas
Ares/ideal weapons are still good and trashes most of the game btw. Things have gotten easier since the introduction of XH/Ult

EvilMag
Nov 12, 2015, 08:13 AM
I do think they need to do something with 5% element boosters. Either put them in the recycle shop or excube shop so 10% boosters can finally be in the AC scratch permanently.

Oh and make 10% tradeable pls.

Naoya Kiriyama
Nov 12, 2015, 08:13 AM
I'm actually more concerned about people having tons of *13 than the meseta cost.

Flaoc
Nov 12, 2015, 08:17 AM
I'm actually more concerned about people having tons of *13 than the meseta cost.

im not seeing the issue here

GreenArcher
Nov 12, 2015, 09:42 AM
Silver is correct. Money can be generated at any time I choose. The stones on the other hand, cannot. I miss like 50% - 75% of the EQs as it is. I would much rather spend the meseta and have 2 60 element Austere weapons than 1 60 element Austere weapon.

Flaoc
Nov 12, 2015, 09:53 AM
Silver is correct. Money can be generated at any time I choose. The stones on the other hand, cannot. I miss like 50% - 75% of the EQs as it is. I would much rather spend the meseta and have 2 60 element Austere weapons than 1 60 element Austere weapon.

this pretty much.. these are the best weapons in the game they are worth the meseta

Rupikachu
Nov 12, 2015, 10:31 AM
this pretty much.. these are the best weapons in the game they are worth the meseta

Till sega release yet another set that is sligtly better in 2 months

Flaoc
Nov 12, 2015, 11:05 AM
considering these are profound darkness weps they may be the new ares (last awhile) and plus the potential is unconditional

Raujinn
Nov 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
I doubt I'd be able to afford the 5%s after I've affixed my Austere weapon up. Depends on my luck there (though at a guess it seems to +155 it will cost ~20M... I need to run my proposed path somewhere here before I try it, not convinced I'm doin it right).

Semi related I've been using a Yozakura sword since the game refused to give me anything better and I gotta say I'm laughing a bit that this Invade I just exchanged for outdamages it (+40 vs the +10 from Zieg) even with the variance... Given Austere is gonna add another 12% damage on top of that I'm fairly willing to drop a lot of meseta on it so we'll see.

Cyber Meteor
Nov 12, 2015, 12:14 PM
The real question is will it continuously go up? Since this increase in price seems related to a good amount of ppl getting Austere atm.

Mildora
Nov 12, 2015, 12:24 PM

But wouldn't you think it's a little unnecessary for some people who already have stable gear? Say if someone has a 60% Ares Katana +40 130atk+ or whatever, Is there any reason to rush to the goal of Austere? I mean that Ares alone is pretty strong on its own. But I completely understand your statement to the point where people who don't have decent gear to begin with doing this. I Think what I'm trying to say is it feels like people have considered older series like Ideal and Ares obsolete now when getting 1 of these weapons 60% is going to cost around 75m?

Amatsukaze
Nov 12, 2015, 01:10 PM
The real question is will it continuously go up? Since this increase in price seems related to a good amount of ppl getting Austere atm.

Don't think so. They haven't been in the last two scratches so there probably aren't that many floating around.

Also while people are starting to get their austere you have a lot of people who got their gal weapons from ToT. I'm pretty sure those people who weren't able to find a copy of their weapon will look towards those 5% attri boosters as well.

Xaelouse
Nov 12, 2015, 03:01 PM
element boosters are always in scratch, bumped just doesn't include it anymore for some reason.

Achelousaurus
Nov 12, 2015, 03:34 PM
I do think they need to do something with 5% element boosters. Either put them in the recycle shop or excube shop so 10% boosters can finally be in the AC scratch permanently.

Oh and make 10% tradeable pls.
I'd love to see them do it but having to max element, especially 60 element on 13* that can now drop below 50% of max unlike 10*-12*, is a major time sink.

And with 5% and especially 10% element boosters it's also a major AC sink.

At this point it's rare if you don't have any.
It's just gotten that easy to get a 13*.

And oh, nice to see Sega isn't completely stupid. Was about to rage cause bumped didn't list boosters and it's a perfect opportunity for profit.
I might not like Sega much but I like the game despite it's huge glaring flaws and Sega loves to miss out on opportunities to make money which in the end can lead to this game being cut short cause it's not profitable enough anymore.
not now or soon but some years down the road and years before Sega planned to end it, resulting in us simply missing out on the true endgame stuff.

Tunga
Nov 12, 2015, 03:38 PM
it feels like people have considered older series like Ideal and Ares obsolete now

IF anyone says Ares are obsolete then they must be salty they never got one of their favorite weapon.

GreenArcher
Nov 12, 2015, 03:51 PM
But wouldn't you think it's a little unnecessary for some people who already have stable gear? ... I Think what I'm trying to say is it feels like people have considered older series like Ideal and Ares obsolete now when getting 1 of these weapons 60% is going to cost around 75m?

Is an Austere worth it? Well that's for you decide. For me, it is. I want the best equipment, that's what drives me to play.

Bellion
Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 PM
I spent 130m or so on my Aus light rod but that's because I didn't have a good light rod in the first place. I was definitely not going to turn it fire as an upgrade over a fire Ares. I'll gladly drop some more meseta for another element since you need rainbow sets for certain weapon types.

Dropping 75m for a slightly better 13* of the same element and weapon type? Nope, unless I'm dedicated to playing one class only.

Raujinn
Nov 12, 2015, 04:06 PM
Yeah guess I'm just gonna have to live with an affixed 30% Austere Sword I guess. Still suspect 155 is gonna be the best I can do for it though...

My question would be, how much am I losing with that 30% element? As in, I assume a lv3 Austere 30 is gonna be stronger than a 60 Invade surely?

Tunga
Nov 12, 2015, 04:16 PM
lv3 Austere 30 is gonna be stronger than a 60 Invade surely?

it should be a bit stronger than a 60% ares sword no potential.

Shinmarizu
Nov 12, 2015, 04:17 PM
I spent 130m or so on my Aus light rod but that's because I didn't have a good light rod in the first place. I was definitely not going to turn it fire as an upgrade over a fire Ares. I'll gladly drop some more meseta for another element since you need rainbow sets for certain weapon types.

Dropping 75m for a slightly better 13* of the same element and weapon type? Nope, unless I'm dedicated to playing one class only.

What I wouldn't give for that amount of in-game currency right now. I tend to have difficulty making meseta of that magnitude.

For someone like me who plays all classes, it becomes a matter of pick and choose. Even more so if time and money are limiting factors. At this point, I'll settle for maxing out the one Austere weapon over a long period of time, even if I need 200 Nero to do it.

Those of you who are able to make multiple 60-ele Austeres come Christmas EQ, more power to you. Those of us who can't, we'll just have to take it slow and work hard. However badly one person needs to rush this process is up to the individual.

Cyber Meteor
Nov 12, 2015, 04:23 PM
My question would be, how much am I losing with that 30% element? As in, I assume a lv3 Austere 30 is gonna be stronger than a 60 Invade surely?

there is usually a 10% dmg difference (if it's not a tech weapon with element conversion) between 30 and 60 elem, at least based on the comparison i made between 2 Slave, 1 at 30 and 1 at 60 elem, it shouldn't be really different even with the +100 Atk at +10. So yeah, Austere 30 lvl3 pot > Invade 60

Alma
Nov 12, 2015, 04:24 PM
if anyone wondering, the damage different between ares max pb and austere is roughly 5%
whether that 5% increase is substantial upgrade and worth 75 mill or not, its up to each individual.

thou i do agree, 15mill for one 5% element booster is rather ridiculous :wacko:

Shinmarizu
Nov 12, 2015, 04:28 PM
Yeah guess I'm just gonna have to live with an affixed 30% Austere Sword I guess. Still suspect 155 is gonna be the best I can do for it though...

The damage between 60 Invade Calibur and 30 Austere Calibur at pot3 should be almost identical. (Austere by a razor thin margin.) The biggest reason to upgrade at this point would be to get past Invade's supposed damage variance and Light element versus Dark.

There are 13* alternatives (Ares, Skull, Gal, Ideal), if you don't care to get the absolute best weapon and can settle for 2nd-4th in the hierarchy. Some can best Austere in very specific conditions. The biggest exceptions to that are Rod and Talis, which live off Element Conversion.

So you cam blame all those 60 element Austere Rods for eating up all these 5% element boosters. They need them.

Raujinn
Nov 12, 2015, 04:32 PM
Ares is probably never happening, but I can finish my Ideal over time I guess.

Seems its worth getting the austere calibur if only because it will be finished eventually.

Selphea
Nov 12, 2015, 04:33 PM

Sword has it tough, you're losing out on 491 ATK pretty much.

Cyber Meteor
Nov 12, 2015, 04:45 PM
Sword has it tough, you're losing out on 491 ATK pretty much.

Yeah, actually after doing a quick comparison between Austere and invade 60 it turns out, the gap between 30 and 60 elem is like 15% dmg difference for the sword. So the higher the base ATK the bigger the difference... You can also see, Austere 30 pot 3 and Invade 60 are similiar in dmg, but i haven't put the dmg variance of Invade because i'm not sure it's actually the "42%" when you choose the craft option

http://4rt.info/psod/?dibPW

Naoya Kiriyama
Nov 12, 2015, 04:58 PM
At this point it's rare if you don't have any.
It's just gotten that easy to get a 13*.
Well, having one or 2 *13? Ok, that isn't very difficult. Having 5 *13 of the same type of weapon not counting the invade fodder? Now that's another story

Shinmarizu
Nov 12, 2015, 05:01 PM
Huh. By the looks of it you have Invade 60 slightly better than Austere 30 pot 3. I thought it would be the other way around.

So, in short, 75m to rectify a 15% damage reduction, at minimum. That's fairly demoralizing once you hash out the actual numbers for it.

Well, having one or 2 *13? Ok, that isn't very difficult. Having 5 *13 of the same type of weapon not counting the invade fodder? Now that's another story

Especially if you're dealing with weapons that do not have a Gal or Skull equivalent. (Katana and Sword for starters...)

EDIT: My bad on Skull Katana.

milranduil
Nov 12, 2015, 05:16 PM
Huh. By the looks of it you have Invade 60 slightly better than Austere 30 pot 3. I thought it would be the other way around.

So, in short, 75m to rectify a 15% damage reduction, at minimum. That's fairly demoralizing once you hash out the actual numbers for it.

Especially if you're dealing with weapons that do not have a Gal or Skull equivalent. (Katana and Sword for starters...)

skull katana is a thing.

sparab
Nov 12, 2015, 05:25 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up172225.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

hint: gold badge

Tunga
Nov 12, 2015, 05:41 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up172225.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

hint: gold badge

Because everyone has 1.5K badges or 5 spare gal weapons to trash...

sparab
Nov 12, 2015, 05:57 PM
Because everyone has 1.5K badges or 5 spare gal weapons to trash...

Hardcore who want to spending 75m on a stone weapon that is only 5% better than ares are mostly likely to have 1500 badges

Not to mention ares may become the easiest to get 13* in a month

Charmeleon
Nov 12, 2015, 07:43 PM
I personally wouldn't upgrade from Ares to Austere if I already had a 60 element Ares weapon of the same type. It depends on how much you care about strengthening that one class really. I'd rather just get 13*s for types I don't already have than going for a minor upgrade of something that's already endgame but not the absolute best.

Zorak000
Nov 12, 2015, 07:53 PM
put element 5%s in excube shop for An Unreasonable Amount, make 10%s tradeable, and for Heaven's sake let the nero stones drop a bit more from at least main falz forms

your welcome

oh maybe let us convert our useless rainbow and phantom stones into neros kthanks

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2015, 08:37 PM
I'm sure 75m is nothing if you throw real money at scratch and sell that for in-game cash.

I don't do scratch and I keep blowing 5-10m per hairstyle/accessories/costumes.
I primarily earn from doing daily/TAs once I've collected a ton on multiple characters/accounts, and reselling old stuff at high prices.
I generally don't uber max out equipment because they will become obsolete, or can't be resold.
Despite this, I seem to keep topping damage dealt during EQ bosses (eg. I often have highest threat), so I think I'm strong enough.

So it's more of a hobby/preference thing, I think. I focus more on my characters looking nice.
Knowledgeable JP friend said that at least 30 element is decent. Below that is too weak.

milranduil
Nov 12, 2015, 09:01 PM
Knowledgeable JP friend

you using this to justify any statement is getting really old... whether it's a valid point or not.

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2015, 09:07 PM
It's not to justify it, it's implying - from my experience - a reputable trusted source whilst attributing credit.
If I got my info from somewhere else, I usually write where I got it from.
I don't want act like I'm the one who knows everything, when I don't.
Even when I write something from my own opinion/experience, I often emphasize that I may be incorrect.

As a person reading it, nobody says you have to assume the knowledgeable JP person is right.
But if you knew them personally, you would describe them as I've been doing.
There's no way for me to prove that to you.

In general, you should get info from multiple sources anyway.
That's one of the reasons why I also ask people here for opinions.
The fact is people make mistakes. Even the knowledgeable people here make mistakes.
I make mistakes. Anyone can make mistakes. But I shouldn't need to have to write that in every single post.

yoshiblue
Nov 12, 2015, 09:10 PM
I just saw it in a similar light as Sega and blast processing. You took the one thing that mattered to people and used it to your advantage.

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2015, 09:19 PM
Who, me? Knowledgeable JP people matter to everyone?
If there's any advantage to being a JP person it's having access to a wider range of information in native language.
They still need to actually care enough to look up and absorb that information.
I have a ton of JP friends who aren't knowledgeable about PSO2. I don't post info from them, because they don't give me any, or they aren't reliable.
The knowledgeable friend in particular values facts and always goes out of their way to spend lots of time researching and experimenting.
They like to know exactly how things work. So do I, but I guess I draw the line somewhere because I'm lazy.

As I said, when I write info I got from other people, I say where I got it from.
I've credited people from this forum, on this forum before. Anyone want to bite my head off for that?
How about crediting the swiki? Everyone gets a lot of information from there. Or Bumped?
I've had people bite my head off in the past for not crediting every single tiny little thing.
It's ironic that now I have people biting my head off for crediting. Can't satisfy everyone.

yoshiblue
Nov 12, 2015, 09:24 PM
I'm not biting your head off. I'm just saying how I see things. Its not good or bad, it just exists.

Sorry if I came across as accusing you, Yoshiblue.

Its all good.

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2015, 09:26 PM
I know, I was referring more to milranduil, who has bitten my head off before.

I think everyone's just used to assholes being assholes everywhere, and automatically react a certain way. I can relate to that.
I don't think or act like normal people do. My behavior is often perceived as offensive when it's not, or at least not intended to be.

Anyway, in general, whatever I post is up for debate. I cite the source because that's where I got the info.
If I feel the source isn't reliable, I still credit them and I express my doubts. This is all the expected norm as far as I'm concerned.
Take it as we you will, blah blah. Even I don't 100% trust the knowledgeable JP person because people make mistakes.
I don't 100% trust anyone. But that person has been on the ball about everything so far, and I've known them for about a year now.

Nobody should 100% trust me either, because I make mistakes. I don't 100% trust myself.

milranduil
Nov 12, 2015, 09:44 PM
What's the point of saying you're giving credit to someone that you don't actually name though? Seems pointless to me.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 12, 2015, 09:47 PM
I know, I was referring more to milranduil, who has bitten my head off before.

I think everyone's just used to assholes being assholes everywhere, and automatically react a certain way. I can relate to that.
I don't think or act like normal people do. My behavior is often perceived as offensive when it's not, or at least not intended to be.

Anyway, in general, whatever I post is up for debate. I cite the source because that's where I got the info.
If I feel the source isn't reliable, I still credit them and I express my doubts. This is all the expected norm as far as I'm concerned.
Take it as we you will, blah blah. Even I don't 100% trust the knowledgeable JP person because people make mistakes.
I don't 100% trust anyone. But that person has been on the ball about everything so far, and I've known them for about a year now.

Nobody should 100% trust me either, because I make mistakes. I don't 100% trust myself.
I think you should relax man, really, it's a bit hard to find hard facts sometimes for a game not in our native tongue but whenever I read your posts with you know info from fellow JP players, I believe it most of the time and of course I still do my own research and compare (not gullibly believing everything i read here on psow, just get that through your head, I cant describe right what i mean). Now ya I do my own research and compare things here, bumped, swiki etc but I generally will believe something coming from people who are more knowledgable about the game than someone who barely posts anything and we're expected to believe them.

I would trust someone MORE that speaks that native language than someone who doesn't and just google trans everything and then spewing it out here or wherever. Just how it is but you know, psow is full of...specials that they need to put someone on the spot for something they're more than likely not knowledgeable in.

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2015, 09:57 PM
I just feel sad that I can try to do a good thing and it turns into a bad thing so often.

I don't name that person because they're just a regular player who doesn't want to be bothered.
That's different if you're posting stuff in a public place under a name.
Either way, the name by itself doesn't really mean a person is reliable or not.
For example, I use a ton of different names everywhere. I have a long history on the internet, in all sorts of places, under various aliases.
If people knew who I was elsewhere, some people would think even more highly of me, and some people would think less of me.

The way I see it, a single person has many different facets/aspects. They can be right about some things, but not about others.
People tend to have a habit of dismissing a person entirely if there's even one thing about them they disagree with.
Or if they make even one single mistake at all, after being on the ball up until then. That all seems kinda silly to me, although it's easy to fall for that.
There are people I absolutely hate or disagree with, but that I will still concede to if they are correct about something.

Anyway, bottom line is I don't write "knowledgable JP friend" to say "it has to be right".
Just that they are, from my experience, a reliable and knowledgeable source.
I don't sense any kind of ego from them, and they seem to be a very nice person.
They've helped me a lot, and verified/debunked my past suspicions and queries.
That person has different priorities from other players, (ie. they solo so they lean towards survivability).
However, if I ask them something under a specific context, they will give me the best answer for that context.
If they don't know something clearly, they will express that, or look it up because they want to know. I do that too.
Whatever the case, I still check other sources for extra confirmation.

And yeah, the other thing to consider is that my Japanese isn't 100% still.
But if I'm unsure about my understanding, I still write that here.

Sorry for derailing the topic. I'm going to go get something else done now.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 12, 2015, 10:07 PM
I see what you mean and ya I see that people taking certain things out of context, as you said "Knowledgeable JP Friend" doesnt mean its 100% fact but generally it holds more weight in a way because your speaking to someone in their native language (even only to an extent) versus the stupid rumors that get flung around in the Eng community. It's always a good thing to communicate to the other side even if they dont know more than you because its a lot better than sitting around asking a bunch of people who dont know or only heard by ear

LonelyGaruga
Nov 12, 2015, 11:03 PM
Anyway, bottom line is I don't write "knowledgable JP friend" to say "it has to be right".
Just that they are, from my experience, a reliable and knowledgeable source.

Which doesn't mean that everyone else will find their information useful. It'd be better to leave out the part about the person being knowledgeable. That's just your opinion of the person. How is anyone else going to know whether that's accurate or not? When it comes to facts that's fine (although then you have no need to credit a person, you just need to look things up yourself to verify them), but opinions? Definitely not. It's very important to confirm that you're giving out a quality and well-informed opinion, and you have no way of verifying that for anyone when you talk about this person, who honestly doesn't really seem that knowledgeable at all based off what you've said of their own opinions. And I wouldn't trust your word on who's knowledgeable and who is not, either. I have high standards for this kind of thing, so no offense.

That being said, saying 30 element is fine makes no sense because to get a 30 element Austere, you'd have to trade an Invade in. And if you didn't get that Invade from a PD drop, then it was already better than the 30 element Austere, since it was at 60 element. This is as simple as doing a math check. Your friend doesn't sound knowledgeable at all and citing them as a source makes no sense and doesn't help anyone. It's just misleading to call them knowledgable when they're saying things like this, especially when it's an opinion. 30 element is fine by what standard, exactly? Without defining that, the information is useless. It obviously wasn't a high standard, and that's about all that can be inferred.

Xaelouse
Nov 12, 2015, 11:04 PM
I dont see why he needs to namedrop his friend.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 12, 2015, 11:12 PM
I dont see why he needs to namedrop his friend.
4th floor rumors

sparab
Nov 12, 2015, 11:13 PM
Played some GP2016 with some JP and this RA/GU claims WB/Chain on gunne's boot is the fastest way of killing it. I told him WHA doesn't apply on boot even with WB and he accuse me of making false info

JP are not necessary the most reliable source, many of them don't even bother to read wiki

Saffran
Nov 13, 2015, 06:04 AM
> I told him WHA doesn't apply on boot even with WB and he accuse me of making false info

Is WHA the defining factor against a boss like Gunne?
The belt is protected by his arms and swords as he moves around, breaks instantly when you do hit it, and the helm is invincible at first (and breaks instantly when that invincibility is disabled).
It does sound to me like you're better off aiming at the one point which you can access almost anytime...

Edit: As for the point itself (that he accused you of spreading misinformation):
1)I don't get why WHA wouldn't work
2)I don't get how people found out and confirmed it

Z-0
Nov 13, 2015, 06:17 AM
removed :3

EvilMag
Nov 13, 2015, 06:17 AM
My dad's dog who works at Sega is telling me that 30 element is still good

Bellion
Nov 13, 2015, 06:33 AM
Sparab is actually correct about WHA not working on Gunne's boots even with WB.
WHA doesn't work on weakpoints alone, but on any damage site that has a modifier over x1.0.
Weakbullet is x2.55 and Gunne's boots are x0.24 for ranged damage. 2.55 x 0.24 = 0.612
My one point numbers were 447 as a Ranger Hunter without WB on the foot, and 1140 or so when WB was applied. 447 x 2.55 = 1139.85.
Micda's weakpoint is x1.0 alone and so WHA doesn't proc on it without WB on that "weakpoint."
Feel free to check your own numbers.

Z-0
Nov 13, 2015, 06:36 AM
ooo. okay.

I retract my previous statement.

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 06:45 AM
WHA doesn't work on weakpoints alone, but on any damage site that has a modifier over x1.0.
Weakbullet is x2.55 and Gunne's boots are x0.24 for ranged damage. 2.55 x 0.24 = 0.612
My one point numbers were 447 as a Ranger Hunter without WB on the foot, and 1140 or so when WB was applied. 447 x 2.55 = 1139.85.
Micda's weakpoint is x1.0 alone and so WHA doesn't proc on it without WB on that "weakpoint."

This is what I thought too until I just tested something myself... as GuRa with skull tmg, I did a whopping ~35 damage with non JA normal on his foot, but ~215 damage with non JA normal on his chest crystal (both no wb) with ~68 damage bullets hitting around his chest crystal matching up with the 0.48 modifier for his body. Neither was in ZRA range. Foot is 0.24, chest is 0.72 and it seems the chest gets WHA . 3.

Saffran
Nov 13, 2015, 06:48 AM
I looked into the WHA issue.
To be blunt, it seems I didn't understand what WHA actually did.

It makes sense that it doesn't process under a certain treshold, but it feels very arbitrary and unnecessarily convoluted.
And so basically, Gunne's foot is just about the only part that never gets WHA, even with WB on. I'm not sure it's a game changer, but it's something, I guess.

Bellion
Nov 13, 2015, 06:55 AM
Going to do some testing later today to see if the chest and head really are less than x1.0. GDI SEGA, these had better not be the only exceptions.

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 07:25 AM
gu/hu (made sure to keep TMG gear as low as possible and in proper range to not get drop-off damage).
98 normal 1.0 (mob non headshot)
115 normal crystal
28 normal foot
145 normal helmet

swiki must be wrong then. these were not crits but the immediate average i was seeing.

Superia
Nov 13, 2015, 08:29 AM

It's weird to find stuff I was totally wrong about. I'll test it myself then.

Ordy
Nov 13, 2015, 08:33 AM
if anyone wondering, the damage different between ares max pb and austere is roughly 5%
whether that 5% increase is substantial upgrade and worth 75 mill or not, its up to each individual.

After seeing this, the damage difference definitely isn't worth the 75m. (no PB, max PB, Austere - both 60)

http://i.imgur.com/OukpsbB.jpg?1

It's not 1.0 but 1.15 and more (swiki: 耐性を除いた部位倍率が 1.15 以上)

Zoran crystals are 0.4 (with WB 0.4x2.55 = 1.02)
RaHu damage with 3☆ AR
Normal - 123
WB - 313

123 x 2.55 = 313.65 .. WHA didn't trigger because the area modifier is below 1.15

Now I can't explain why milranduil hits harder on a 0.72 area than a 1.0 body hit.

Bellion
Nov 13, 2015, 08:39 AM
Anga Fundarge's weakpoint is x1.1475 on the exposed core though. :- (
Nothing has x1.1 right now so we can't determine the exact number it procs, so whatever.
x1.02 is way too close to x1.0.

And Swiki is wrong about some of Gunne's parts. It's also wrong about one part of Hatou, no source is perfect.

Edit: Wait, Vol Dragon's head is x1.1 when it becomes golden. Wow, looks like I actually have to test this out later today afterall.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 08:49 AM
swiki says something about there being two sets of checks for the 1.15 modifier, which also involve resistances (like Ult mob resistances, Gigur has a 0.6 modifier to all ranged attacks, which is represented in its hitzones). WHA checks the hitzone before checking resistances, which is why the chest core counts as a weak point. Without the resistance, it would be a 1.2 hitzone.

This is in the WHA description in the Ranger skills page btw

Ordy
Nov 13, 2015, 09:07 AM
Edit: Wait, Vol Dragon's head is x1.1 when it becomes golden. Wow, looks like I actually have to test this out later today afterall.

Dingell cannon has a 1.1 too

Superia
Nov 13, 2015, 09:17 AM
After seeing this, the damage difference definitely isn't worth the 75m. (no PB, max PB, Austere - both 60)

http://i.imgur.com/OukpsbB.jpg?1

I can't tell due to the resolution, but doesn't the first image have 10 seconds of HT while the other two don't?

Ordy
Nov 13, 2015, 09:34 AM
I can't tell due to the resolution, but doesn't the first image have 10 seconds of HT while the other two don't?

Copy image link, remove the ?1 from .jpg?1 to get the original image size.

it's 0399, 0424, 0436

Bellion
Nov 13, 2015, 10:00 AM
Okay, Dingell is indeed x1.1 and WHA needs more than that. x1.15 it is.
Gunne's body crystal is indeed less than x1.0 but it doesn't match the x.72. _(:3
Well, that's enough SEGA math for me.

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 12:31 PM
Okay, Dingell is indeed x1.1 and WHA needs more than that. x1.15 it is.
Gunne's body crystal is indeed less than x1.0 but it doesn't match the x.72. _(:3
Well, that's enough SEGA math for me.

but then why did my guhu hit more to body crystal than a regular mob non-headshot (98 vs 115) :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 01:12 PM
Oh wait GuHu not GuRa

Never mind then.

Was it really a 1.0 hitzone? A few Shironian mobs do have less than that.

Hmm

98 * 1.2 = 117
98 * 0.72 = 70

98 * 0.4 = 39
98 * 0.24 = 23

98 * 1.43 = 140
98 * 1.05 = 102

Could TMG normals use striking hitzones (but capable of headshotting, running off R-ATK, and using shooting modifiers)? Because Mil's numbers match up with Gigur's striking hitzones.

Bellion
Nov 13, 2015, 01:36 PM
As a Gu/Hu using a rifle to ensure I'm not getting any varying damage from gear, my numbers are 1769 crit on a x1.0 body of Bajigilli or whatever and 1520s range on Gunne's chest crystal.
1930s on Gunne's helmet.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 03:32 PM
Man, that doesn't make any sense either. So the Paji guys definitely have a 1.0 modifier, so 1769 should be normal damage. The crystal clearly takes reduced damage here, as swiki indicates and contradictory to Mil's testing, but a .72 modifier would put it in the 1270s, 1520s is way off. 1520 is like, 0.85-0.9. Helmet is also a discrepancy, as that's also supposed to have reduced damage according to swiki, at 0.975. 1930s range puts it at about 1.1.

So what we have here is something that doesn't match shooting hitzones (either before or after resistance) or the striking hitzones (which sometimes differ from the shooting hitzones even before accounting for resistance) and clearly contradict what the TMG hits indicate. That really is just weird.

Oh wait, elemental damage. The amount of R-ATK is going to differ radically due to the different elemental hitzones present on Gigur. That might be a factor here.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 13, 2015, 06:59 PM
LOL This thread got derailed and became a discussion about enemy part multipliers.

Anyway, as for something more on-topic, it was mentioned here that a 60-element Invade barely outdamages 30-element Austere. When I did a simulation, but with the "Strike/Ranged Multiplier - HS: generally 2.0" number at 2 instead of 1, for some reason, Austere 10303 comes out a good amount ahead (Cyber Meteor's simulation but with the slight change: http://4rt.info/psod/?xgI7e). The bigger this value becomes, the better it becomes for Austere. What exactly does this entry do? It's not a simple flat multiplier, or else the ratio of damage of the two would stay the same, so it's definitely more complicated than that. (Perhaps this is also the reason for the odd numbers for the current subject in this thread.)

But regardless, even if Invade 10603 slightly inches out Austere 10303 in max damage, unless you have a really high critical rate or godly DEX amount, Austere would have a higher average damage: http://4rt.info/psod/?3KqAw (Swiki says that Invade has a hidden DEX bonus of 230, so it's best to simulate it as a max crafted 10* weapon, as that has a 235 DEX bonus.)

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 06:59 PM
Oh wait GuHu not GuRa

Never mind then.

Was it really a 1.0 hitzone? A few Shironian mobs do have less than that.

Hmm

98 * 1.2 = 117
98 * 0.72 = 70

98 * 0.4 = 39
98 * 0.24 = 23

98 * 1.43 = 140
98 * 1.05 = 102

Could TMG normals use striking hitzones (but capable of headshotting, running off R-ATK, and using shooting modifiers)? Because Mil's numbers match up with Gigur's striking hitzones.

It was the trash shironia mob, same as bell and no headshot. I too noticed that it lined up with striking hitzones but the foot is off (was hitting 25-28 never above 29).

As a Gu/Hu using a rifle to ensure I'm not getting any varying damage from gear, my numbers are 1769 crit on a x1.0 body of Bajigilli or whatever and 1520s range on Gunne's chest crystal.
1930s on Gunne's helmet.

Are you being careful to not be in drop off range? My guhu tmg normals had a clear drop off range and were roughly 90 off the top of my head until i rolled back forward once and then they were 115 again.

I'll try damage testing again later lol this is ridic.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2015, 07:59 PM
LOL This thread got derailed and became a discussion about enemy part multipliers.

Anyway, as for something more on-topic, it was mentioned here that a 60-element Invade barely outdamages 30-element Austere. When I did a simulation, but with the "Strike/Ranged Multiplier - HS: generally 2.0" number at 2 instead of 1, for some reason, Austere 10303 comes out a good amount ahead (Cyber Meteor's simulation but with the slight change: http://4rt.info/psod/?xgI7e). The bigger this value becomes, the better it becomes for Austere. What exactly does this entry do? It's not a simple flat multiplier, or else the ratio of damage of the two would stay the same, so it's definitely more complicated than that. (Perhaps this is also the reason for the odd numbers for the current subject in this thread.)

But regardless, even if Invade 10603 slightly inches out Austere 10303 in max damage, unless you have a really high critical rate or godly DEX amount, Austere would have a higher average damage: http://4rt.info/psod/?3KqAw (Swiki says that Invade has a hidden DEX bonus of 230, so it's best to simulate it as a max crafted 10* weapon, as that has a 235 DEX bonus.)

It looks like element is handled by the element multiplier, not the S/R multiplier. Since Invade is more reliant on the 60% element damage, when the hitzone becomes more vulnerable to non-element damage, it falls behind.

Shinmarizu
Nov 14, 2015, 10:47 AM

That was probably me, inwardly trying to justify not dealing with this rather ridiculous time and money sink at the same pace as one would run the 100 metre dash.

It looks like element is handled by the element multiplier, not the S/R multiplier. Since Invade is more reliant on the 60% element damage, when the hitzone becomes more vulnerable to non-element damage, it falls behind.

I'm guessing that's because Dark is not the most prevalent element on mobs?

Overall, all of this rushing for improved damage is self-inflicted.

Tunga
Nov 14, 2015, 12:16 PM
I didn't know WB doesn't proc WHA on anything that it touched. Now that's going to stay in my mind every time i play Ranger.

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2015, 12:30 PM
Hm, so perhaps it is worth throwing my invade 10600 in for a 10303 Austere. That 30% element is gonna cut off a significant chunk of attack, but oh well. I'm not going to pay for ship transfers so I'm gonna have to deal with the ridiculous hand I'm dealt in that regard.

Of course I could save up 75M to element grind it, but I'd also need to actually get some 13* sword fodders. So thats 1500 medals, 900,000 miles or a mixture of the two.

Shinmarizu
Nov 14, 2015, 01:41 PM
Don't think of it as 15% you've lost; best to think of it as 15% damage you can work to gain. Much less stressful this way.

You could also grind the materials for another matching Austere from Zieg; in retrospect, that looks to be the least stressful method for resolving this issue.

Saffran
Nov 14, 2015, 01:56 PM
200 neros though. Unless you can trade those to your teammates, it's gonna take a while.

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2015, 02:26 PM
Despite the random nature of Neros (having to depend on Loser and Elder's individual EQs to even show up at all), I'm closer to my Nero quota than I am for my Caligula quota. If I include the stones spent on the Invade (but not the titles I have yet to claim), I'm at 142/400 and 85/200. I've got more of the Neros I need than I have of the Caligula in terms of percentage. D:

I'm not yet considering the AQ route. That costs caps, which is a limited resource in its own right. I'm not sure yet if running those would be profitable or at least break even in terms of caps as long as I'm map-clearing. That said, running them does give me shots at certain souls (I'd say Modulator but I don't have a group to run with anymore, so if I ever do get clones it's only one at a time. So I could still get it, it'd just be one set of rolls at it instead of four).

In any case, it comes down to a race between getting a 2nd through stones or getting the resources to force it to 60% anyway.

Saffran
Nov 14, 2015, 02:33 PM
Raujinn > for what it's worth, a single run of tundra AQ (sh+50) got me 53 caps, but I was with 2 friends and it was during +100% week. I'm sure you could get 10 caps each run and simply cycle through area D, E and F. It would probably be self-sustaining, but the routine is rather long (get rdr ticket, do a run, hope for rares, teck them, get excubes, get rdr ticket...)

LonelyGaruga
Nov 14, 2015, 04:22 PM
I'm not yet considering the AQ route. That costs caps, which is a limited resource in its own right. I'm not sure yet if running those would be profitable or at least break even in terms of caps as long as I'm map-clearing.

I solo (with NPCs) SHAQs basically constantly (as in, almost all my playtime on PSO2 is running SHAQs and the occasional EQ) and make a cap profit every run without exception. Generally speaking, you'll get mid 20s-30s each run depending on the SHAQ (something like Tundra gives fewer, while something like Tunnels gives more). Sometimes you might barely scrape by with a profit, sometimes you'll get 40+. RNG is a thing, but in this case it's very favorable toward the player.

As such, it's very easy to get a cap profit. Almost have 2K e caps here, think I started with around 150 when the SHAQ adjustments were made. Others aren't as high but f is also over 1K. Important to note, rare drop boosts do not apply to cap drops, and the Nero drop rate is not that great either. Scored 4 from SHAQs so far in about 30-40 runs maybe? Basically, 1/4 encounters with Apprentice/Angel during boost week (100% rdb, no other rdb besides the daily 30%) dropped 1 Nero stone, so about a 1/8 likelihood normally. This is just the rule of thumb developed from my personal experience though.

Also, this only applies to 71+ for the record. 66-70 have terrible cap drop rates, but Nero doesn't drop below XH range so no point in running 66-70 level range anyway.

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2015, 04:30 PM
Yeah figured if I was gonna do this I'd need a weekly upfront cost of 21 caps is it? As the minimum, anyway. Then I would need to make sure over the week I'd break even on that at least, so there's a rough minimum numbers of runs per week required to keep that going. I'm aware the Nero rate isn't great, but it might still be better than depending on the random EQs (plus its a little bit of extra Meseta I guess).

As said, my Caligula percentage is the bigger issue. So I'll likely only persue this if Ship 2 ends up in a Falz drought and my Caligulas pull ahead.

Saffran
Nov 14, 2015, 05:35 PM
Raujinn > no SH AQ costs 10 caps so the minimum would be 30 caps (20 to get higher risk and 10 to run once)

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2015, 08:00 PM
Ah right, yeah.

e: wait isn't it +10 risk minimum I need? Swiki says the Neros will drop from lv71+, so it's 10 caps base cost plus another 10 to raise risk to +10 surely?

milranduil
Nov 14, 2015, 08:11 PM
yes 10risk for lv 71

LonelyGaruga
Nov 14, 2015, 08:18 PM
20 gets level 76, which gives a higher drop rate than 71.

Personally what I've done is simply run at +10 unless I had 1K+ caps of that type, in which case I would run +50 right off the bat. Not much sense in saving up caps at that point, the supply might as well be unlimited.

MidCap
Nov 17, 2015, 01:32 PM
If one examines what was required for "normal progression" a year or two ago versus now, assuming one is already well-geared, we get a picture of how absurd it has become.

If you're well geared with good units and Ares / equivalent weapons, you now have to spend countless hours to get only slightly stronger.

This sort of "stretched out" progression is a clear indicator of how much we're hurting for a robust content update that we can sink our teeth into. (Think of when VH was first released and you'll get the idea.)

Will it ever go back to that? Or will all future advances become more and more ridiculous?

I honestly hope we're just in a lull and that there will be a "breakthrough" time when we can all look forward to reasonably attainable progression.

If not, it might be time to hang up the sword.

Many RPGs fall into this, but PSO2 has done it in a very severe and out-of-control manner.

Achelousaurus
Nov 17, 2015, 01:59 PM
[insert usual spiel about fucked up balance that prevents major dmg upgrades]

Well, at the moment I'm pretty much just sitting back and waiting for ep 4. I don't think there will be many weapon upgrades at first cause we get the "pretty" graphics, ass sliders and new class. But eventually I think with ep 4 there will be a few more major changes, like ep 3 did before.

Raujinn
Nov 17, 2015, 03:31 PM
Mildly curious to see what the XQ update will bring to the table in terms of gear and what the later floors will have, as it's my favorite quest type for whatever reason.

Achelousaurus
Nov 17, 2015, 05:56 PM
Didn't we just get an XQ update? I wouldn't wonder if this was all...
Though, adding a new XQ with new enemies or simply adding more stages would be epic.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 17, 2015, 06:40 PM
New XQ floor titles were featured in a trailer in the last livestream, and an XQ update is scheduled. There will be new floors added soon.

Vatallus
Nov 18, 2015, 12:20 AM
I didn't read the rest of the post about XQ but I can say doing 1 to 70 in XQ grants 60 2nd tier crystals and 2 crystal changes. (Already implemented)

This at least helps those that still need to farm crystals for their invade upgrades.

At least when I upgrade my invade rod I can throw 5 Xie Rods at it with 5%s and.... oh wait 5%s are 14m each. I might be rich but I'm a penny pincher.

LunaSolstice
Nov 18, 2015, 12:34 AM
Meh, 14 stars probably coming next year so no point lol

Achelousaurus
Nov 18, 2015, 08:49 AM
New XQ floor titles were featured in a trailer in the last livestream, and an XQ update is scheduled. There will be new floors added soon.
Sweet!

TaigaUC
Nov 18, 2015, 11:53 PM
I spent ages farming stupid Gal Gryphon for a Double Saber on my last account.
Never dropped, then I got Invade instead and it feels just as strong.
A good example that if you just wait a little you can get better stuff without having to waste an assload of time for virtually no reward.
PSO2 in a nutshell.

I don't aim to be the strongest, because there'll always be someone out there who goes the extra mile. And it's not really necessary.
But I like to be a significant contributor. I don't think that's difficult to achieve.

When Eluther first came out, it felt like everyone was kind of weak and it took a while to kill them.
Now most multis flatten them super quick, making Eluther seem slow in comparison to PD.
If you already have a strong 13 star, I don't think there's a need to max it out unless you're competing for best time or something.

AmanoMai
Nov 19, 2015, 12:45 AM
A good example that if you just wait a little you can get better stuff without having to waste an assload of time for virtually no reward.
PSO2 in a nutshell.

> wait
> gamers

Alma
Nov 29, 2015, 09:43 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5632/23288525682_095482c029_b.jpg

its now 90 mill to 60 element :wacko:

Raujinn
Nov 29, 2015, 09:54 AM
Figures. More and more people will have obtained their Austere weapons by now.

cheapgunner
Nov 29, 2015, 12:13 PM
Welp, I don't think I'm going to 60 element my dark gal rod by next christmas. Lord those prices. o.0

Perfect Chaos
Nov 29, 2015, 07:23 PM
I found one for 14.7 mil a few days ago by chance so I snatched it. I already have 1 +10% and 2 +5% from scratch months ago still saved, so I'm good once I get my Rod. Not going to waste it on my Bow that I already got (I'll max element that once I get the third Austere trade-in somewhere down the road).

But I'll need to buy 1 +5% when Ares trade-in becomes a thing to max element my Ares Talis, so RIP another 20 mil at that point. LOL

MidCap
Nov 30, 2015, 02:03 PM
I think it's time to hang up the sword until progression becomes reasonable again. (This could easily be fixed by adding 5% Element Boosters to the Cube shop.)

Perfect Chaos
Nov 30, 2015, 07:05 PM
Except it'll be like 500 excubes per +5%, and the price won't be affected too much. LOL

EvilMag
Nov 30, 2015, 07:12 PM
5% attribute booster market summed up in this image
[spoiler-box]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVFVjHBVEAMTytY.png:large[/spoiler-box]

KazukiQZ
Nov 30, 2015, 07:13 PM
^If 500, my stacks of 999 excubes x5 will finally be useful .

Vatallus
Nov 30, 2015, 11:17 PM
Well I guess I'd have something else to spend my EX Cubes on besides 30%s and 40%s. I got 6 stacks of ex cubes and refuse to add anymore stacks to my storage.

Alma
Dec 1, 2015, 05:38 AM
watch they add 2% element booster on FUN or Excube trading shop later. :wacko:

this thing price keep increasing.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/756/23360817651_187de8e91f_b.jpg

at this rate, i'm not surprise if it become 20m ea later :rolleyes:

KazukiQZ
Dec 1, 2015, 06:53 AM
Meh, looks like the only way for me to 60 ele the Austere is 400 Cali and 200 Nero =w=

Raujinn
Dec 1, 2015, 09:22 AM
Same here. Alas Caligula is where multi-shipping really helps, given PD is the only source of it. :c

reaper527
Dec 4, 2015, 05:34 PM
Same here. Alas Caligula is where multi-shipping really helps, given PD is the only source of it. :c

at the rate i've been going, i'm going to have 400 caligulas before i get 100 neros. think i hit 200 caligulas this morning, but still don't even have 40 neros yet. nothing more disappointing than one of the many double runs where i get 6 caligulas and 0 neros.

hopefully that christmas eq really rains neros (or they put some on the bingo board)

Lyrise
Dec 4, 2015, 07:03 PM
There are some on the Bingo board, but unless they put more on the reverse side, if there is even a reverse side to begin with, you're going to have to settle with 5.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/xmasbingo2015.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2015, 08:13 PM
There are some on the Bingo board, but unless they put more on the reverse side,

I'm counting on it.

Aine
Dec 4, 2015, 08:44 PM
Honestly with multiship/multichar Caligula and Nero build up without thinking about it. The real bottleneck are XQ stones since you have to go out of your way to farm them. At least you can solo XQ any time you want...

Xaelouse
Dec 4, 2015, 11:42 PM
If you do XQCOs on all of your characters then that would "build up without thinking about it" too.
I think you meant UQs

Alma
Dec 26, 2015, 07:22 AM
it is now 100m to 60 ele :D

Alma
Dec 26, 2015, 07:23 AM
sometimes i love ship2 and how its people just buy any price the seller put on visiphone :wacko:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1445/23353593624_2f3db0f6fb_b.jpg

KazukiQZ
Dec 26, 2015, 07:47 AM
^Dw, I'm one of the buyers! (Rip 100m. Now left with 800m) =w=

jooozek
Dec 26, 2015, 07:49 AM
sometimes i love ship2 and how its people just buy any price the seller put on visiphone :wacko:

i'm kinda thankful to flippers like him, saves me from even considering buying those :wacko:

wefwq
Dec 26, 2015, 08:31 AM

Damn, that's horrible.
Glad i'm finished with my weapon couple of weeks ago when each costed like 17mil.

cheapgunner
Dec 26, 2015, 09:29 AM
Yeah no. Im not going to touch any of the unfinished 13*s I have till these prices actually return tof more logical levels. 21 million is simply atrocious.

Shinamori
Dec 26, 2015, 11:40 AM
That won't happen.

Azure Falcon
Dec 26, 2015, 01:11 PM
I simply cannot understand why Sega haven't thrown the 5% element boosters up in the Excube shop and have (re-sellable) 10%/15% on the AC scratch instead by now. Nobody is doing the scratch hoping for minuscule chance of pulling a 10% booster and the element situation with 13*s is making everything that isn't obtainable by stones worthless.

I don't care if they charge 500 cubes each, it's better than paying over 100 million just for 20 element.

Perfect Chaos
Dec 26, 2015, 01:21 PM
You can't get +10% element boosters from scratch most of the time (not even a minuscule chance). Those only get revived temporarily on occasions. The last time it happened was a few months ago, during a special scratch that only had useful items in the line-up. Best scratch ever! Only scratch where I got two bundles of it. Got 4 +10% items, among other things. It was thanks to that that element change items are now at a more reasonable price, too.
I hope the upcoming New Years scratch will be something like that, again.

cheapgunner
Dec 26, 2015, 03:10 PM
Sega is milking the opportunity it seems then. Without an excube or stone equivalent for 5% boosters, then AC scratch or tons of meseta to element grind your 13*s atm is the only way to go.

Zorak000
Dec 26, 2015, 03:11 PM
yeah Im just going to save up my slow flow of Caligulas and mining base stones until I can just get something 60%'d immediately; I mean technically I could potentially save some stones with a lucky drop :v

in the meantime I'll just build up some ares weapons

Xaelouse
Dec 26, 2015, 03:53 PM
buffing the element grind of different weapon to from 1 to 5 would be wonderful. 5%s and 10%s would still be useful too. Oh well, guess Sega wants lots of people running around with 30 element rares.

jooozek
Dec 26, 2015, 04:49 PM
buffing the element grind of different weapon to from 1 to 5 would be wonderful. 5%s and 10%s would still be useful too. Oh well, guess Sega wants lots of people running around with 30 element rares.

30? you wish :wacko:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xlw0Hf6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

at least he got a 6kk camo for it :wacko:

Alma
Dec 28, 2015, 07:57 AM
its getting worse :wacko:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5747/23997475596_9cd09970d9_b.jpg

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 08:11 AM
better spam ac scratch if you want to boost that orbit :wacko:

wefwq
Dec 28, 2015, 08:19 AM

It's the quantity that are very limited out in the market, just go to page 2 of the shop, and you already got nothing.
Shit, things are getting out of hand.
Though stuff are looking good for those peddlers, making dimes out of poor, tortured souls.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 28, 2015, 08:24 AM
That 27.3 Mil one got sold in no time ^^;
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Rare%20Findings/9d787ebf-0653-4cd5-a54d-68635c217c4e_zpsurj052ai.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

My question is : how this item which slowly progressed from 18 Mil to 21 Mil in about one week, goes from 21 Mil to 28 Mil in 12 hours?

@wefwq there are 14 left on the market, but ppl still have some as i'm seeing 5% being put by different sellers, they also get bought quickly it seems

EDIT : 4 mins after .........
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Rare%20Findings/pso2.exe_2015-12-28-13-27-32-723_zpsdnbkz9ju.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

Don-Quichotte
Dec 28, 2015, 08:30 AM
That's isane seriously SEGA should do sth about this...

wefwq
Dec 28, 2015, 08:32 AM
That 27.3 Mil one got sold in no time ^^;
[spoiler-box]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Rare%20Findings/9d787ebf-0653-4cd5-a54d-68635c217c4e_zpsurj052ai.png~original[/spoiler-box]

My question is : how this item which slowly progressed from 18 Mil to 21 Mil in about one week, goes from 21 Mil to 28 Mil in 12 hours?

@wefwq there are 14 left on the market, but ppl still have some as i'm seeing 5% being put by diefferent sellers, they also get bought quickly it seems

EDIT : 4 mins after .........
[spoiler-box]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Rare%20Findings/pso2.exe_2015-12-28-13-27-32-723_zpsdnbkz9ju.png~original[/spoiler-box]
It's almost feels like we're playing on SEA server, wow!
Also, anyone know the price on the ship other than 2? is it as bad?

That's isane seriously SEGA should do sth about this...
Good thing that they don't put element boosters on new year scratch!

Cyber Meteor
Dec 28, 2015, 08:33 AM
@Don-quichotte Unless jp players ask for a non-AC way to get 5% attribute boosters in the next player survey, i doubt it'll happen ^^;

femme fatale
Dec 28, 2015, 08:47 AM

>27m
im fucking done
https://i.imgur.com/s3ZAeGD.gif

Don-Quichotte
Dec 28, 2015, 08:49 AM
19m on Ship 6

Relni
Dec 28, 2015, 08:50 AM
It's almost feels like we're playing on SEA server, wow!
Also, anyone know the price on the ship other than 2? is it as bad?

19m on Ship 6
edit: ninja'd :/

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 28, 2015, 08:57 AM
Who's seriously buying these? Talk about serious money mismanagement. :wacko:

Alma
Dec 28, 2015, 09:01 AM
apparently alot of ship2 denizen.
the price become what it is now because people on that ship keep buying whatever price the seller put.

also title need to be updated to "100m ++ Just to 60 Element?"
:lol:

Selphea
Dec 28, 2015, 09:01 AM
Maybe scalpers hoarding to sell during boost week?

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 09:08 AM
Who's seriously buying these? Talk about serious money mismanagement. :wacko:

some people sit on 1kkk meseta :wacko:

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2015, 09:12 AM
Sadly I wasted mestea on working towards 60 element on my Austere Rod, but that is literally all I will waste my time getting 60 element on. Can't be bothered to 60 my Austere Katana and possibly future Dual Blades.

To a degree I guess it really isn't wasted THAT badly since element % helps Forces a great deal. The price is ridiculous but I don't see a remedy anytime soon unless Sega adds a new way to get 5%s. Between people's greed and the people that control the AC market with their fat stacks of meseta pretty much destroy the market.

And in EP4 we get another free character slot... so 4 chars for me. 4 sets of DOs, 4 sets of TAs, 4 sets of ExQ... Christ this is going to become a job soon.

KazukiQZ
Dec 28, 2015, 09:29 AM
^haha goodluck. Meanwhile, I'm 5 characters on account A and 3 characters on account B atm. 10 characters soon, rip.

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 28, 2015, 09:39 AM
Maybe scalpers hoarding to sell during boost week?

That's a really bad gamble. But if this:

the price become what it is now because people on that ship keep buying whatever price the seller put.

...is the truth cause, can only expect it to continue to rise. I mean, I'm not in any place to say what peeps do with their muns, but I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of buyer's remorse down the road. I personally am loving getting 60 Light Ares weapons at the cost of just excubes and 3 days time during RDR Boosts, lol. :wacko:

Azure Falcon
Dec 28, 2015, 10:57 AM

Screw this. Sega have to know something is wrong with the element booster market, they absolutely have to. I refuse to believe they'd be so blind to think spending 120m+ on making a 13* actually usable is an acceptable barrier for players, or that their current tactic of rarely putting 10%s in the AC scratches (and no 5%s in the New Year one) is encouraging people to spend more money on the game.

Gear checkers can complain all they like, my 13*s are staying at 30-40 element as long as RNG continues to be spiteful and this market isn't fixed.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 10:59 AM
errrr, aren't they in all scratches and thus never mentioned?

Azure Falcon
Dec 28, 2015, 11:04 AM
errrr, aren't they in all scratches and thus never mentioned?

Just clarified that, 10%s are no longer in anything (plus were untradeable), 5%s are not in the New Year one for god knows what reason.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 11:15 AM
isn't that the 10% one? just pulled it out of the game, whatever scratch is that that expires on 29th january

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4wk9a7X.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Azure Falcon
Dec 28, 2015, 11:32 AM
Hmm, interesting. I was told the other day they weren't available any more but they've definitely been revived for the Christmas scratch. Well regardless, 5% isn't in the New Year one so that isn't going to bring prices down any more and 10% is still untradeable so it doesn't impact the market. I also doubt people are paying AC just for the slim chance of a 10% with the ridiculous amount of other stuff to pull in Devil Wars History.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 11:34 AM
i closed the game but i saw 5% on the other one too for sure, i'm 99% sure 5% are in all AC scratch, it's just that nowhere are they explicitly mentioned

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2015, 11:47 AM
21m for 5%s on Ship 9. I was willing to talk at 15m. But now... Nope. nope nope nope I don't need my last 12% element that badly for my rod. Let everyone else sink their money while I sit on mine.

Actually might be time to start hitting up xmas again for those gold medals. ;) Doubt I can get 12 rods by the end of that EQs lifespan but I'm sitting at 5 atm.

I have gold medals and ares stones I want nothing with. I'll save the Ares just in case I decide something else. It will take a lot longer but be a lot cheaper than paying for overpriced 5%s.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Nuclear_Knight/pso20151228_095809_000_zpsiicqwhbh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

wefwq
Dec 28, 2015, 12:05 PM
Hmm, interesting. I was told the other day they weren't available any more but they've definitely been revived for the Christmas scratch. Well regardless, 5% isn't in the New Year one so that isn't going to bring prices down any more and 10% is still untradeable so it doesn't impact the market. I also doubt people are paying AC just for the slim chance of a 10% with the ridiculous amount of other stuff to pull in Devil Wars History.
Yes, i think we even had 10% element booster revived on recent scratch.

GreenArcher
Dec 29, 2015, 01:46 PM
I don't understand the sentiments of "fucking sega fix this!!!"

Buy attribute boosters with meseta
Use AC to try your luck at the scratch
Combine two austeres to make 60 element?

Anyone interested in using the attribute boosters should have seen this coming. Strongest 13* in the game readily available to all players via stone grind, I wonder if the 5% attribute booster market will pop..

Vatallus
Dec 29, 2015, 02:01 PM
Not everyone plays a single class or character. Some of us actually play all the classes. Granted you won't get austere for everything, but combining two for 60 element has to be one the biggest waste in-game atm unless you just play the single class.

Z-0
Dec 29, 2015, 02:06 PM
If people are willing to do it, that is how much the item is worth. You might not feel it's worth that much, but that is how it is.

There's nothing to be fixed.

Zyrusticae
Dec 29, 2015, 02:12 PM
Meanwhile I'm just sitting here with my potential unlocked crafted red weapons and wondering what all the fuss is about...

TaigaUC
Dec 29, 2015, 02:22 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but I was thinking that there's nothing new scheduled between now and episode 4, right?
So there isn't much else to do but farm for PD/TD4 stuff, which aren't even necessary if you're already hitting hard enough.

Vatallus
Dec 29, 2015, 02:30 PM
It isn't really the "people" deciding what an item is worth. It's the few. Currently there are between 1500-2000 players on each ship. (http://stuff.kakia.org/)

Simply, there isn't enough supply for the demand of the few that are willing to spend what they do. Now I haven't exactly been one of the people screaming to Sega to fix it but I like to believe I am more capable of seeing the whole thing then some others are. If the item was "worth" it would easily be non-existant by now. Though the supply isn't exactly going up either because people aren't scratching. We are looking at a mostly static market while a handful of players keep buying them. More power to those players I guess.

While this benefits the AC scratchers since the few are willing to spend the 2xM to have a 5%. This is in no way decided by the "people".

Xaelouse
Dec 29, 2015, 02:32 PM
New XQ for fun. It's basically the boss rush we've been wanting.
Too bad there's a run limit per week since nero and torana stones can drop.

TaigaUC
Dec 29, 2015, 02:32 PM
It's probably one of those things that SEGA wants to keep difficult to obtain, because it gives people incentive to scratch AC.
The people who want to max out will do what it takes to max out, so they're pretty much guaranteed customers, too.
SEGA clearly keeps track of which items are scarce, as they've adjusted their game to compensate for this before.
If an item is worth a lot on all ships, and SEGA hasn't done anything about it for a long time, then it's very likely intentional.

Oh, new XQ is coming before episode 4? Yay.

Vatallus
Dec 29, 2015, 02:35 PM
It's probably one of those things that SEGA wants to keep difficult to obtain, because it gives people incentive to scratch AC.
The people who want to max out will do what it takes to max out, so they're pretty much guaranteed customers, too.

Oh, new XQ is coming before episode 4? Yay.

Probably correct, on a business stand point what is going on isn't exactly a bad thing. Not for the AC scratchers nor for Sega.

Pretty interested in the new solo XQ though. Give me a reason to keep working on my XQs maybe. I'm trying to convince myself to run them for the COs for meseta but I keep telling myself I have better things to do. The other issue is finding time for everything between working 5 days a week and a few other things.

TaigaUC
Dec 29, 2015, 02:38 PM
Only thing I need for Austere are the XQ stones. Lazy to do XQ.
And I play so many different classes and weapons, I can't decide which Austere weapon to get.
It's not like I need it, either.

I guess if episode 4 stuff is still level 75, then they don't intend to immediately phase out 13 stars (or at the very least, Austere).

Vatallus
Dec 29, 2015, 02:54 PM
I ended up getting an austere rod and austere katana. Rod to make my force stronger and katana to fill in a 13* I didn't have for braver. Really can't think of anything else I want. Don't really have any missing gaps except wired lance and double saber.

Azure Falcon
Dec 29, 2015, 04:10 PM
I don't understand the sentiments of "fucking sega fix this!!!"

Buy attribute boosters with meseta
Oh sure, I'll get right on that. I mean 150 million is chump change for 30 element, right? At that price I may as well just pay to do all my 13*s, I mean I'd only need to run TACOs with 2 characters for about a year per weapon.

jooozek
Dec 29, 2015, 04:17 PM
since it's gameplay related a sega intervention is bound to come at some point, i'm guessing +20% element boosters are coming to excube shop :wacko:

GreenArcher
Dec 29, 2015, 04:37 PM
Oh sure, I'll get right on that. I mean 150 million is chump change for 30 element, right? At that price I may as well just pay to do all my 13*s, I mean I'd only need to run TACOs with 2 characters for about a year per weapon.

Then use one of the other options. I know it might sound strange, but the strongest weapon in the game may take some effort to aquire.

Shunx
Dec 29, 2015, 04:49 PM
idk how people are about this like

The highest element weapon for a 13* I got is 40 and that's with Dark on it. It sucks lol, but it does something, that's all I would care about.

All my other weapons are light, but only 20 Element. I'd kill to have a 60 Element weapon, but at the rate these attribute enhancers are going to, I'm better off using my free time farming for fodder than to buy one. If you're bothering with Ares, then it shouldn't be a problem because 60 stones shouldn't be that hard to get from Anga farm or Deo farm

Austre, not sure much on either since it's all part of time. zzz

Shinmarizu
Dec 29, 2015, 05:02 PM
Either shell out the funds (real or virtual) or grind content. In most cases it is both, with time as a mitigating factor.

I've come to terms with that, and will just play the game. When I can comfortably afford the 2x million meseta per 5%, I will use that. For now, since I can't, I'll do it the long way.

Simple as that.

jooozek
Dec 29, 2015, 05:29 PM
i tried to use effort but it wasn't very effective
[SPOILER-BOX]stones weren't very effective either
http://i.imgur.com/mFaPobX.png
http://i.imgur.com/xe9jzvC.png
didn't try fodders because none dropped :nono:
[/SPOILER-BOX]