PDA

View Full Version : Alter vs Flict, Which & Why?

Tunga
Nov 13, 2015, 06:17 PM
Just want to see what the community prefers between these two abilities. Just say which you prefer on what class and why. I'll start

Melee: Alter for the extra HP to tank some more combined with MH and AM. Most melee weapons have good pp regen speeds(specially Bo with deband bonus or LB with Fi) so the extra 9-12 pp is pointless for me.

Range: For RA i prefer Flict just because PP regen with loaded WB is awful. Gu is a mixed choice.

Tech: Fo is pretty squishy so the extra HP can come in handy from saving you from a one shot. But the extra PP is also very useful. I would use which ever is cheapest to get for it. I dont use Te main so no comment for that.

kurokyosuke
Nov 13, 2015, 06:31 PM
Flict all day erryday. If I die in one hit, that just means I need to get better at dodging.

Mildora
Nov 13, 2015, 06:38 PM
People normally go alter over flict because the market doesn't offer enough flict and become overpriced. other than that flict on units because pp is good. Mmm...

Raujinn
Nov 13, 2015, 06:39 PM
Alter is the cheapo option, that's about it. If price weren't an object, I'd go Flict too and I'm a Hu/Fi...

Ordy
Nov 13, 2015, 06:43 PM
I'd Flict/Mod everything. Alter is the europoor version of Flict.

And I do have some Alter/Mod, not denying it, but like I said ... it wasn't a choice, I was running low on cash.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 13, 2015, 07:08 PM
Flict all day erryday. If I die in one hit, that just means I need to get better at dodging.
Good man right here

Flict, Altar scrub status

dark nova
Nov 13, 2015, 07:12 PM
I would go Flict even for melee. LB isn't 100% uptime and the HP you get is rather minimal. Even if you affix all possible equips with Alter, you're only looking at 80 HP more, a rather negligible amount, especially under LB (an extra 16 HP?). PP is always welcome IMO, and FI weapons have pretty bad PP regen overall. Deband PP Restorate only works if you have Bouncer as main or sub, so it's not very useful for me. Hunter weapons have the best PP regen of melee that I know of but that's just one class out of four, TE not included.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2015, 07:22 PM
My HP target is 1000 effective HP after accounting for striking resists, which typically works out to 926 with 8% resist from 2 HP crafts. A lot of combos seem to hit for about 440 damage x 2 after resists, and attacks like Slash Rave, Vinto and Last Nemesis leave you completely defenseless for a long stretch of time. It's also nice for trading hits like charging End Attract and letting go just before an attack hits you so that End Attract hits the target even if you get hit in return.

That said, 2 HP crafts and 50HP from capping Hunter is usually survivable enough that everything else can go into PP and ATK. I would consider it for Ideal set though. It's over-HP'd by default with 200HP on units and 50 from set bonus. One HP unit can be crafted to PP and then get two Alters to compensate while lowering the affixing price.

Even if you affix all possible equips with Alter, you're only looking at 80 HP more

Alter is 30 a pop for 120 total ;)

final_attack
Nov 13, 2015, 07:27 PM
Alter, because it's way cheaper for poor me, and I sometimes derping out (irl things, can't help it) o-o Gave some freedom for taking infection damage to keep PerfectKeeper to some extend too o-o

Edit : Also, doesn't really need much PP for Gu either, due to Lv10 KillingBonus for mobbing o-o
Gave me time to think while recovering PP too o-o

Perfect Chaos
Nov 13, 2015, 07:39 PM
Even if you affix all possible equips with Alter, you're only looking at 80 HP more, a rather negligible amount, especially under LB (an extra 16 HP?).Alter offers 30 HP, not 20, so 120 HP max. And even if it was 80, 80/4 isn't 16...

Tunga
Nov 13, 2015, 07:43 PM
FI weapons have pretty bad PP regen overall.
TD and Knuckles sure do have horrible pp management/regens speeds. Haven't used Dual sabers enough to say anything about it. IMO i believe 150-160 to be a sweet spot for melee.

Achelousaurus
Nov 13, 2015, 08:12 PM
Depends on what stats you want.
Really, what matters is your final stats, not what abilities you get. Well and how expensive it is to get there.
I'm using Diabo / Tech 3 / Alter Magia / Spirita 3 on my t-atk saikis cause I really don't like being a glass cannon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 13, 2015, 08:25 PM
People normally go alter over flict because the market doesn't offer enough flict and become overpriced. other than that flict on units because pp is good. Mmm...

I don't know who those 'people' are, but they are fools, and should be eaten.

Flict hands down. 'Enough' HP is when you can take 2 hits before you need to heal.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2015, 08:37 PM

Flict hands down. 'Enough' HP is when you can take 2 hits before you need to heal.

Try saying that when you press Final Nemesis and Magatsu decides to fire four heads straight at you ;_;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 13, 2015, 08:40 PM
Try saying that when you press Final Nemesis and Magatsu decides to fire four heads straight at you ;_;

I'd sooner die to that - which I have - than to affix alter.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 08:48 PM

See, the problem is putting yourself into a position where that can happen in the first place, not being able to survive that.

At most, I'd say have enough HP to endure a full level 3 infection barrage from Bal Rodos/Dominus, which is about 600-700 depending on DEF and SH/XH. Not like you have a choice but to take its barrages when it's downed in Coast.

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 08:55 PM

Going alter over flict when doing a 6s I'd say is acceptable if you play gu only, imo. Showtime is 50pp for free, 200pp is a joke considering that.

Tunga
Nov 13, 2015, 09:00 PM
Someone mentions HP and people go crazy. It's like splashing a vampire with holy water funny really.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 13, 2015, 09:30 PM
Someone mentions HP and people go crazy. It's like splashing a vampire with holy water funny really.
considering your the one who made the thread so really, the outcome of it was pretty obvious.

Tunga
Nov 13, 2015, 09:39 PM
the outcome of it was pretty obvious.
It's psow i was expecting worse actually. The thread it self is pretty tame. But its nice to hear some opinions once in a while.

dark nova
Nov 13, 2015, 09:48 PM
Oh, made a mistake. Alter is indeed 30 HP, not that 40 extra would help much.

Perfect Chaos, do you love to nitpick everything

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 10:21 PM
Oh, made a mistake. Alter is indeed 30 HP, not that 40 extra would help much.

Perfect Chaos, do you love to nitpick everything

no you were just wrong and also don't know how to divide. stay in school.

dark nova
Nov 13, 2015, 10:25 PM
yes you're right

or it could be that I don't care about mechanics, esp numbers, as much as you think. Sorry, I'm not as obsessed over things like this. I had (erroneously) assumed LB was 20% also, so what, do i have to fucking explain every mistake i make now or are people going to assume better instead of making low effort comments

Summary: semantics > sentiment

Achelousaurus
Nov 13, 2015, 10:52 PM
I'd sooner die to that - which I have - than to affix alter.
Which is really stupid. Cause then affixes stop being means to make your character stronger and allow you to perform better and become pure e-peen, which is as pointless as shit affixes.

I can't even count how often I've seen dps people die like flies with like 5 deads around me and I'm still standing so I gotta revive them.

Don't stack more hp than you need but don't stack so little you are likely gonna die either.

And Magatsu is one laggy bitch, almost every time I use shifta drink I end up dying cause of lag. Almost every time I try to climb on the platforms I fall down 2 seconds later, if I even make it.
So I rather pop a deband drink, stand back and put out sustained damage that still is high enough to get me a lot aggro.

I'm not saying everyone needs hp but I'm saying if you know it's risky to have low hp, you need to raise your survivability.
Dead dps = 0 dps.

milranduil
Nov 13, 2015, 10:57 PM
So I rather pop a deband drink, stand back and put out sustained damage that still is high enough to get me a lot aggro.

aggro on magatsu ok lol.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2015, 11:01 PM
It happens. Like he will turn 100 degrees just to face you and swat you repeatedly.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 11:07 PM
I doubt that Megidolaon is actually Magatsu's target, and more of an incidental one. After all, he can't stay on Magatsu in the first place because of the lag, so there's no way he's actually outputting the most damage out of everyone in the MPA.

And besides that, using sucky players as a bar for how much HP is necessary is kinda dumb. All of Magatsu's attacks while on the platform are easy enough to deal with and don't even do over 500 damage on a per hit basis.

AmanoMai
Nov 13, 2015, 11:42 PM
soo i originally have 1040hp 174pp on my GuRa

i was gonna make a new units set which focus more on pp but i can't decide on which

800hp 194pp
or
890hp 185pp

tips would be appreciated

Xaelouse
Nov 14, 2015, 12:02 AM
Correct answer: Whichever you think is more useful to you
Why is this even a thread

nguuuquaaa
Nov 14, 2015, 12:11 AM
I'd rather affix a little bit HP and let Massive Automate carry than affix maximum PP and die getting hit from nowhere and/or while charging EA/SC.

I'm not those who can perfectly avoid everything thew at them, so I play differently. Is it really that bad to affix Alter? I mean, if I survive the whole quest while doing consistent damage then does it really matter?

SiZ
Nov 14, 2015, 01:09 AM
For me, having some HP is always nice
it's always a topic of debate between my friends that everyone should go for pure PP affix, HP affix is for the weak who don't know how to dodge.
And you know what, i saw those persons who have pp-oriented mind dead helplessly countless time in PD, PI, ultimate quest

In these circumstance...
How could you going to dodge everything in ultimate quest? (Except you stand very far away from the chaotic area and just sent in million storm,EA and your damage is so pitiful that you don't aggro any mobs)
How could you know that there are 2-3 flying faces of maggy going to hit you from above and slightly behind your view.
How could you going to dodge runway attack of Disneyland when you realize that you are at the center of it and has occasional lag spike.
How could you know that there aren't any mobs going to charge you from behind when you focus on bossing Guranz?
One surprised charge from Dingell, follow by one accidental attack from corrupt core, plus one kick from Guranz will guarantee your death without additional HP affix or craft.
Everyone who has experience in ultimate quest know that the situation like this has very high chance to happen.

And what the funniest part is that those who go with full PP affix never blame themselves.
They keep blame the luck.. blame lags, or blame the mobs that hit them from behind.
why aren't they realize that if they have 100 HP more, they will survive those attacks.

But of cause, i also oppose on full HP affix idea.
My point is to have some HP is always nice.

Dead DPS deal no DPS
and moreover, At least one more person will not be able to deal DPS because that person have to moon you

sorry for my poor English :d

AmanoMai
Nov 14, 2015, 01:51 AM
thing is how much HP would be in the safe-zone?
I've seen people saying 1k is a good stop

I think it'd be good if you can take an unexpected barrage of attack without dying
3x magatsu faces? 1 hit from loser ? a beam from toy castle?
i'm not sure how much dmg those do though

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2015, 01:58 AM
I've seen people saying 1k is a good stop750 is as low as I'll personally go while still being comfortable. 1k is a very safe amount. If you're confident enough you can just not get any extra hp at all, but even people who solo lupi, everyone has their off days, and no one is perfect.

Flaoc
Nov 14, 2015, 02:13 AM
well my 145 melee set has 1 alter 2 flict despite the actual set being a full 3pp craft. well regardless i still have 192-195 pp so i dont think 198 would make a difference. sitting at 745 hp (a bit more if hu main) and 195 pp so its whatever. plus the alter was there since 4x days and i didnt feel like making extra fodders just to change the one alter to flict.

.Jack
Nov 14, 2015, 03:40 AM
Correct answer: Whichever you think is more useful to you
Why is this even a thread

This for me. Crafted saiki set plus all class bonus is plenty PP so I find it irrelevant. It comes to personal preference imo if you decide one over the other putting cost aside.

AmanoMai
Nov 14, 2015, 06:11 AM
not everybody is so clear on what they want though

If I knew exactly what I wanted or what would work for me I wouldn't ask

thus, I seek opinions and experiences from others

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 14, 2015, 06:58 AM
Which is really stupid. Cause then affixes stop being means to make your character stronger and allow you to perform better and become pure e-peen, which is as pointless as shit affixes.

I can't even count how often I've seen dps people die like flies with like 5 deads around me and I'm still standing so I gotta revive them.

Don't stack more hp than you need but don't stack so little you are likely gonna die either.

And Magatsu is one laggy bitch, almost every time I use shifta drink I end up dying cause of lag. Almost every time I try to climb on the platforms I fall down 2 seconds later, if I even make it.

I'm not saying everyone needs hp but I'm saying if you know it's risky to have low hp, you need to raise your survivability.
Dead dps = 0 dps.

My HP minimum is little over 900. I can get that without sacrificing atk or pp via affixes thanks to unit crafts. If I eat dirt, I should play better, instead of affixing something sub-optimal to cater to my own sub-optimal play.

I've seen people saying 1k is a good stop

I think it'd be good if you can take an unexpected barrage of attack without dying
3x magatsu faces? 1 hit from loser ? a beam from toy castle?
i'm not sure how much dmg those do though

Selphea's numbers preferred numbers are similar to my own as far as HP goes.

My reason for it is simple though; I want to be able to take two hits from moderately fast /hard attacks before I need to heal. Having to stop to daimate every time bayari punches you for ~400 damage at 700-800 max HP is an annoying loss of time.

Tunga
Nov 14, 2015, 11:40 AM
Both my HuFi and BoHu have over 1K HP. I can literally just stand in the middle of a leone/leopard death combo and not worry about dying because lul automate/Massive hunter. Not even XH TD3 Bosses with buffs can one shot my HuFi and i can just facetank to kill them faster.

My reason for it is simple though; I want to be able to take two hits from moderately fast /hard attacks before I need to heal. Having to stop to daimate every time bayari punches you for ~400 damage at 700-800 max HP is an annoying loss of time.

You play braver, no? Dont you use automate? Anyway my mentality for Melee is: Forget about dodging and just facetank to kill faster. This is only for XH/UQ though doesn't work if you're into competitive TA or related stuff.(not like i care about TA)

ArcaneTechs
Nov 14, 2015, 12:44 PM
All I'm reading is " I'm not good, so I need lots of HP affixes. OH! and I need the automate crutch on top of it!" or " I want to play safety with lots of HP but if I only learned to play I wouldnt have to play this way"

I couldn't put it out in my own words but Manbluejumpsuit pretty describe what I'm trying to get at.

Z-0
Nov 14, 2015, 12:53 PM
Everyone makes mistakes though.

Sure, you can argue you're supposed to make less, but nobody is going to play perfectly 100% of the time. For some, they'd rather just not have to deal with failure if it can be avoided with a bit of extra HP, it's not like you're going to significantly affect performance with a bit less PP. It'd only be significant if trying for precious extra seconds, which most people are just... not doing.

RadiantLegend
Nov 14, 2015, 01:09 PM
Flict when I'm rich, alter when in poor. Extra 120hp won't help with LB and I do fine with over 900 HP.

TaigaUC
Nov 14, 2015, 01:22 PM
I don't use either. Looked at it a few days ago and it didn't seem worth the large meseta costs.
Not like anything currently needs it.

Note that I've also never used any of the AC attack items. I keep seeing everyone using noble nowadays.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 14, 2015, 06:15 PM
You play braver, no?

I do.

Dont you use automate?

I don't.

Anyway my mentality for Melee is: Forget about dodging and just facetank to kill faster.

I play Br. I parry, and kill things with it.

femme fatale
Nov 14, 2015, 06:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5wIK5VD.jpg

nguuuquaaa
Nov 14, 2015, 07:30 PM
All I'm reading is " I'm not good, so I need lots of HP affixes. OH! and I need the automate crutch on top of it!" or " I want to play safety with lots of HP but if I only learned to play I wouldnt have to play this way".

Huh? I am one of those people who admitted bad themselves, and I take countermeasure by affixing HP. And from what I see you are supposed to tell me "Go die" so I can contribute more to the MPA?

No, I don't want to spend 10 hours a day trying to practice, knowing myself, that wouldn't change much anyway.

I play TE/HU, and TE/HU is supposed to have really low bossing capability. So instead of Just Guard or Step to avoid everything and reduce the already pitiful DPS further more, I affix HP and facetank everything.

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2015, 07:59 PM
I like having automate on Hu main, but only mostly because hunter attacks are slow and heavy and a lot of them leave me vulnerable. This opens up situations were eating the damage through super-armored but slow attacks is actually better DPS than guarding/evading and waiting for safe opportunities to attack back.

While I doubt I'll finish either class fully, playing BrHu and FiHu on alts I feel like I wouldn't want to take automate for either of them. Their attacks are much more nimble, generally.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 14, 2015, 08:09 PM
Huh? I am one of those people who admitted bad themselves, and I take countermeasure by affixing HP. And from what I see you are supposed to tell me "Go die" so I can contribute more to the MPA?

No, I don't want to spend 10 hours a day trying to practice, knowing myself, that wouldn't change much anyway.

Ya i guess it works if your truly "bad" at this game but for those who are you know "willing" to "learn" to "play better" then its something they should ditch and allocate those points into something else more useful.

But if your gonna be one of those "well I'll never get good because I login to pso2 and go robot mode" and just blindly do whatever then idk what to tell besides you know, get good.

Again, I can understand budget, beginning players but people who have been playing for a 1yr+ and still haven't improved (dont give me the irl bs excuse either) then man, god help you

AmanoMai
Nov 14, 2015, 08:31 PM
it's funny how people are calling someone "hopeless"

just because they can't dodge well in a game

even though they found ways to make it work for them and contributing just as much dps

and moon

Tunga
Nov 14, 2015, 08:45 PM
Huh? I am one of those people who admitted bad themselves, and I take countermeasure by affixing HP. And from what I see you are supposed to tell me "Go die" so I can contribute more to the MPA? While i do like HP. Affixing an excess amount of it(unless a unit for the lols) is not a good idea. as you can make a good balanced unit with high atk and good amount of HP and PP. Something like Bayari/AttackIV(or iii)/modulator/Alter(120 atk, 30 hp 3pp) or Leone/AttackIV/Modulator/Flict for example (120 atk, 20 hp, 4pp). Then having mixed craft for your unit(preferably saiki) like 2 PP/1Hp or 1PP/2HP. 3HP crafts is not needed. Only reason i like to affix HP over PP for melee is simply because i like to Solo UQ and EQ bosses a lot. Killing 2 cats and 20 Dingels/Gunkaisers alone without Automate is yeah...

I doubt anyone actually "practices" for a game like this (outside TA). That's just an excuse really.

nguuuquaaa
Nov 14, 2015, 09:00 PM
Ya i guess it works if your truly "bad" at this game but for those who are you know "willing" to "learn" to "play better" then its something they should ditch and allocate those points into something else more useful.

But if your gonna be one of those "well I'll never get good because I login to pso2 and go robot mode" and just blindly do whatever then idk what to tell besides you know, get good.

Again, I can understand budget, beginning players but people who have been playing for a 1yr+ and still haven't improved (dont give me the irl bs excuse either) then man, god help you

I am better at math than at dodge.

Say, why does launcher has more R-Atk than rifle but is worse at bossing? Because they are too slow. Applying the same theory, NO DODGE = MORE DPS. Easy. Simple. No thinking required. Except BR of course, their Counter is a different matter.

While i do like HP. Affixing an excess amount of it(unless a unit for the lols) is not a good idea. as you can make a good balanced unit with high atk and good amount of HP and PP. Something like Bayari/AttackIV(or iii)/modulator/Alter(120 atk, 30 hp 3pp) or Leone/AttackIV/Modulator/Flict for example (120 atk, 20 hp, 4pp). Then having mixed craft for your unit(preferably saiki) like 2 PP/1Hp or 1PP/2HP. 3HP crafts is not needed. Only reason i like to affix HP over PP for melee is simply because i like to Solo UQ and EQ bosses a lot. Killing 2 cats and 20 Dingels/Gunkaisers alone without Automate is yeah...
I doubt anyone actually "practices" for a game like this (outside TA). That's just an excuse really.

Of course I wouldn't go too far at HP affixing. I'm just saying that HP is not bad.

And no, it's not an excuse. The reason I go HP is because I am bad at dodging no matter how much I practice.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 15, 2015, 12:19 AM
I am better at math than at dodge.

Say, why does launcher has more R-Atk than rifle but is worse at bossing? Because they are too slow. Applying the same theory, NO DODGE = MORE DPS. Easy. Simple. No thinking required. Except BR of course, their Counter is a different matter.

not a very good example to compare the two. next thing I know your telling me Tanking is perfectly A-Ok for fast runs or w/e

SiZ
Nov 15, 2015, 12:53 AM
I think there is one more important factor that practice would not help.
That is "Personality".

I will never good at Fi class because I always panic at the vital moment.
LB make me anxious and I tend to play safe rather than go all out as it should be.
I have practiced really hard on Fi LB build and I find that it doesn't suit me at all. So, I give up on Fi.

for a good example, In magatsu,
Fi activate LB and BHS for 400k x 4-5 hits before pp run out. That is 2 m damage. Having 25% risk of instant death (Lazy iron will). After that, it is down time to recover PP and wait for LB CD.
For me, as WL Hu, I prefer to keep my HP full, keep calm, focus and land a perfect position of holding current. that dealing 60k damage * 19 hit, so it is almost 1.2 m damage in 5 sec at the cost of 30 pp. No down time, zero risk.
The question is do i need so much pp to deal 1.2m damage? Although my damage will never catch up that Fi who can do perfect play but I just find another way that I can deal nice damage and make me happy.

Personality make people different.
It will be pretty boring if everyone is the same.

nguuuquaaa
Nov 15, 2015, 01:26 AM
not a very good example to compare the two. next thing I know your telling me Tanking is perfectly A-Ok for fast runs or w/e

And here I thought we have an argument but it's actually not, you are just trying to invoke rage aren't you? :wacko:

First, it's not an example, it's a precede matter that lead to a theory which can be describe as: damage/sec = damage/hit * hit/sec

Second, I'm not saying that HP build is okay in EVERY situation. I do perfectly understand that fast run, TA ranking and the like depend on a large amount of PP as one has good knowledge regarding the structure of the quest so everything die before it can touch anybody. That's why people have different unit sets for different occasions, no?

Third, I am serious at playing this game. My approach being unusual doesn't mean it's ineffective.

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 01:39 AM
I think there is one more important factor that practice would not help.
That is "Personality".

I will never good at Fi class because I always panic at the vital moment.
LB make me anxious and I tend to play safe rather than go all out as it should be.
I have practiced really hard on Fi LB build and I find that it doesn't suit me at all. So, I give up on Fi.

for a good example, In magatsu,
Fi activate LB and BHS for 400k x 4-5 hits before pp run out. That is 2 m damage. Having 25% risk of instant death (Lazy iron will). After that, it is down time to recover PP and wait for LB CD.
For me, as WL Hu, I prefer to keep my HP full, keep calm, focus and land a perfect position of holding current. that dealing 60k damage * 19 hit, so it is almost 1.2 m damage in 5 sec at the cost of 30 pp. No down time, zero risk.
The question is do i need so much pp to deal 1.2m damage? Although my damage will never catch up that Fi who can do perfect play but I just find another way that I can deal nice damage and make me happy.

Personality make people different.
It will be pretty boring if everyone is the same.

BHS is lackluster for magatsu. PUT + graptor is way better and only costs 35pp for easily 600k+ damage on wb black chest per combo. You can also block his shockwaves with partisan pretty easily as well. I think you're just lazy to learn his attack patterns/timings.

Also, holding current tip only hits 10 times, not 19. No clue where you got that number. The edge of the PA itself hits 5 times for less damage than the mash damage.

SiZ
Nov 15, 2015, 01:50 AM
Also, holding current tip only hits 10 times, not 19. No clue where you got that number.

from pso2.swiki.jp

and it is my wrong, it is 17 hit not 19 hit. :) (7 from normal PA plus 10 from mashing right click)
So, i will reduce the damage number to around 1-1.1 m

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 02:02 AM
from pso2.swiki.jp

and it is my wrong, it is 17 hit not 19 hit. :) (7 from normal PA plus 10 from mashing right click)
So, i will reduce the damage number to around 1-1.1 m

Those 7 do much less damage than the tips. 5 are ~55% of the tip hits, so you're really doing like 700-800k at most.

SiZ
Nov 15, 2015, 02:35 AM
Those 7 do much less damage than the tips. 5 are ~55% of the tip hits, so you're really doing like 700-800k at most.

Well, pso2 jp wiki didn't mention that and I never notice those 7 hit because mashing numbers just overwrite them.
But still, wire part also does some damage, I'm pretty sure it hit about 20-30k for 4-5 hits depend on position, but that is small numbers so I will put it aside.

And according to your information, your combo can finish in less than 4 sec?
afaik, you need to charge Raptor for 1 sec and explode 3 sec later, that is 4 sec if nothing interrupts you.
how is that make a significant different from just holding current for 5 sec?

By the way, how could it become holding current discussion
I never said that holding current is stronger than everything.
My point is, other people also have their own way to deal nice Damage. Not all people can do the same :P

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 02:38 AM
Well, pso2 jp wiki didn't mention that and I never notice those 7 hit because mashing numbers just overwrite them.
But still, wire part also does some damage, I'm pretty sure it hit about 20-30k for 4-5 hits depend on position, but that is small numbers so I will put it aside.

And according to your information, your combo can finish in less than 4 sec?
afaik, you need to charge Raptor for 1 sec and explode 3 sec later, that is 4 sec if nothing interrupts you.
how is that make a different from just holding current for 5 sec?

By the way, how could it become holding current discussion
I never said that I can do more damage than others
My point is, other people also have their own way to deal nice Damage and those should not be looked down because they don't go with pure pp affix.

You don't charge graptor when using on magatsu. You only charge it when you want the extra burst damage, but the rotation's dps is lower. Also, you can spam PUT+volg whenever you want on him and it will always land, doesn't endanger you of falling off, and executes faster/can be cancelled (between PAs) none of which you can do or are guaranteed with HC on magatsu.

Tunga
Nov 15, 2015, 02:57 AM
I play Br. I parry, and kill things with it. I play Hu, I Overend, and actually kill relevant stuff with it.

Braver jokes aside katana counter isn't anything to write home about. Its a nice add and forget skill but other than that its nothing special.

SiZ
Nov 15, 2015, 03:17 AM
which you can do or are guaranteed with HC on magatsu.

This video is an example of how to use holding current on maggy (But he also use partisan in some part :))
"【PSO2】マガツSHソロ(ワイヤー/パルチ/ブーツ) "
(sorry, I cannot post with direct link yet)

of cause, i have my own pattern with MPA. The only part that I cannot holding current is first right knee.
- Left knee, jump to the right building, jump down and HC.
- belly? just jump and HC while flying the air.
- Right and left arm? if he is walking, stay at center stand (at dead belly weak point) and aim where WB present. If he's not walking, then he must stop, just jump and HC. If he is swinging his arms... nothing can be helped then.
- upper face? If is he walking. Secret place is his shoulder. You can stand there, HC upper face while moving with him. If he stop to cast something... Stopped boss is bread and butter for WL

Assume that there is no lag. I'm sure i can land holding current successfully 90%+ of times on every weak point.
And once the tip is in the perfect position, nothing can stop it except instant death (which is almost impossible with Hu main + some hp affix)

I also learn. But learn in different things.
You learn how to dodge, how to block, how to keep yourself safe while sustaning insane combos.
For me, I learn the effective range of HC. I learn where are the best positions to land HC. Because once HC is land in correct place. no need to dodge... and damage is not so big different from yours.

by the way,.... topic is alter or flict, ins't it
my answer is if I'm RaHu, I go for flict.
If I'm Hu, any is fine.

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 03:17 AM
I play Hu, I Overend, and actually kill relevant stuff with it.

Braver jokes aside katana counter isn't anything to write home about. Its a nice add and forget skill but other than that its nothing special.

43k dmg in front of you that restores 6pp per enemy hit with both parts, yeah shitty.
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/lm9gl/037bfc94bb.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 15, 2015, 04:25 AM
I play Hu, I Overend, and actually kill relevant stuff with it.

It's half of sakura end's total damage, and rewards the player for negating incoming damage. It's a good deal, hence, no need to eat damage to do damage.

Raujinn
Nov 15, 2015, 08:37 AM
Yeah katana counter is kind of amazing. It's what I like about the weapon, I can actually guard and return damage. The closest thing Hunter has to it I guess is Ignite Parrying which is also fantastic but it's a bit more difficult to use.

Selphea
Nov 15, 2015, 09:30 AM
Starling Faaaaaalll

ArcaneTechs
Nov 15, 2015, 09:32 AM
And here I thought we have an argument but it's actually not, you are just trying to invoke rage aren't you? :wacko:

First, it's not an example, it's a precede matter that lead to a theory which can be describe as: damage/sec = damage/hit * hit/sec

Second, I'm not saying that HP build is okay in EVERY situation. I do perfectly understand that fast run, TA ranking and the like depend on a large amount of PP as one has good knowledge regarding the structure of the quest so everything die before it can touch anybody. That's why people have different unit sets for different occasions, no?

Third, I am serious at playing this game. My approach being unusual doesn't mean it's ineffective.
Invoke rage? no but if you feel that way thats on you.

Your 2nd part of the post, i dont know anyone who has HP and PP units, usually everyone sticks to one thing because money issues or just flat out budget or one set is enough, dont need to spend more.

Zorak000
Dec 7, 2015, 05:14 PM
I'll put alter on TMGs, Jet boots, Dual Blades, and Wands. Flict on everything else.

For units, I'd have a pp-crafted saki set with flict, and an hp-crafted gwanaman/media/brista(idk what's a good option for s-atk) with alter whenever I get around do actually doing that

BubblyBoar
Dec 9, 2015, 12:29 AM
I rather people in my MPA be alive than being try-hards. Most MPAs are bad enough as is, it's worse when they try to be pros and have no HP, so they die to every single hit, which makes the fights so much longer. Like...I don't expect anyone to be a "tank build" or whatever. but if you need it to not die, that's good enough for me.

It's just common sense that not everyone will play to a certain skill level. For someone that finds this easy it seems absurd, but that's because they think everything will come as easily to them as it does everyone else. It's just a sign of immaturity or trolling really, but not unexpected given the altitudes this bard likes to pretend it has.

Some people simply cant account for everything and dodge everything. Some people realize that even if they could, stuff still happens and know that instead of blaming bad luck or lag, they can just account for it and move on. Some people refuse to accept that and want everyone to play on the same level as them and anyone advocating for them is fostering a bad or care-bear attitude, which again is kind of immature, or just trolling when playing with randoms. Just play only play with people you accept at your level instead of trying to do the impossible.

milranduil
Dec 9, 2015, 01:51 AM
Invoke rage? no but if you feel that way thats on you.

Your 2nd part of the post, i dont know anyone who has HP and PP units, usually everyone sticks to one thing because money issues or just flat out budget or one set is enough, dont need to spend more.

There are actually lots of people with both for some classes. I personally have a full 150atk/9pp pp craft saiki set for TA/taco/XH, and an 85atk/(hp/pp) balanced unit set for XQ solo/UQ play (which I'd like to upgrade next boost, cba to expand 4->5 without one for side units). I have multiple friends who do this kind of thing for their FO play, melee play, etc. It's not terribly uncommon.