PDA

View Full Version : DengekiPS + Famitsu Scans 11/26 edition - Next scratch, Genesis camos

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2015, 09:19 PM
It's that time again, and here are scans from the latest issues of Famitsu and Dengeki.
The scans will speak for themselves and don't contain a lot of textual information outside of what you already know, so I won't be translating them.

Famitsu 11/26

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Famitsu15Nov26.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki 11/26 pg 1-2

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Dengeki15Nov26-1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki 11/26 pg 3-4

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/Dengeki15Nov26-2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Quick notes:

-To get the Genesis camos, for every matterboard in ep3 you complete fully, you get another title reward which gives you a Creator's Emblem. Take this to Sieg to obtain any of the camos of your choosing. Do note: you can only obtain 8 emblems, but there are 11 camos. Make sure you know what it is you want, and what you don't want.

-The new TA quest in Harukotan has you pummelling 100 monsters. But the boss, will be a Gal Gryphon. Remember, this quest contains no exp and no drops, so you can't actually use it to farm. Gryphon Gels CAN occasionally spawn here too.

yoshiblue
Nov 13, 2015, 09:38 PM
Was going to say, Genesis weapons should be the very last weapons we should ever receive. Or be one of a kind— end all be all you can be— only choose one weapon type per account kind of weapon. But since they're just camos, its cool now.

Mattykins
Nov 13, 2015, 09:43 PM
"Oh shit, we put Gal Gryphon in a non EQ-quest! Quick, disable drops before people start actually wanting to play this game for anything besides EQs!"

sparab
Nov 13, 2015, 09:44 PM
Gonna get nanaki for axeon and clarisa for umbra stick, maybe yonohate for zanba as well

final_attack
Nov 13, 2015, 09:48 PM
R.I.P. Meseta for Aria Tmg ;w;
Hopefully it didn't go above 10m ;w;

IronKrone
Nov 13, 2015, 10:10 PM
I wonder if Genesis camos will be tradeable.

...Probably not. :/

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2015, 10:13 PM
Was going to say, Genesis weapons should be the very last weapons we should ever receive. Or be one of a kind— end all be all you can be— only choose one weapon type per account kind of weapon. But since they're just camos, its cool now.

Storywise though, there will always be levels of weapons above Genesis. For as strong as Genesis may be, they aren't indestructible. Maria, for what it's worth, manages to break Labrys a few times,and at no point did it break against some insurmountable challenge. Sieg is always complaining about how much damage he has to repair. You also saw Regius snap his Yonohate against Luther too.

KLMS1
Nov 13, 2015, 10:23 PM
Isn't being "one hit wonder" (at least when used at full power) kind of Labrys' "thing", though? Was under the impression several of the Geneses in general have... "power management" issues.

Then again, they're basically made to kill what for most practical intents and purposes amount to physical gods. Shouldn't really be strange if they somewhat overstress their own structural integrities...

yoshiblue
Nov 13, 2015, 10:26 PM
I'd imagine they would be made to handle incredible amounts of power output. Which apparently is something we can't do yet; even with all of our Ilgrants, Overends and End Attracts.

Achelousaurus
Nov 13, 2015, 10:44 PM
OMG those camos o.O
Well mainly Regius and his 20 mile long katana.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTn62yKMM0

I like that I cleared every single MB for the 20% grind success titles and don't lift a finger, but I really don't like that I can't get 3 of these.
That is unbelievably retarded.

IronKrone
Nov 13, 2015, 10:53 PM
I like that I cleared every single MB for the 20% grind success titles and don't lift a finger, but I really don't like that I can't get 3 of these.
That is unbelievably retarded.

This. I want them to be tradeable/sellable so I can get every single one of them but I have a feeling that won't be the case.

Anduril
Nov 13, 2015, 11:05 PM
Honestly, I have no desire for any of the Genesis weapon camos, except maybe Theodore's (I think it's also a wand camo), since I don't use swords, partizans, katana, talis, knuckles, gunslashes, or twin daggers, and I've never been a fan of the Clarissa rods.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 11:18 PM
Storywise though, there will always be levels of weapons above Genesis. For as strong as Genesis may be, they aren't indestructible. Maria, for what it's worth, manages to break Labrys a few times,and at no point did it break against some insurmountable challenge. Sieg is always complaining about how much damage he has to repair. You also saw Regius snap his Yonohate against Luther too.

Genesis weapons are special because they use Xion as a power source. Yonohate irreparably broke because it was used without a power source (since Xion was killed), while Labrys broke because it reflects all damage done by its swing to both itself and its wielder (which is probably why Maria uses a Dio Patty Lumeria normally).

Storywise, all ARKS weaponry are reverse engineered from Genesis weapons, which are the original designs produced by Zieg, so they quite literally are the strongest weapons of their kind currently, with the fake Clarissa used by 3rd generation Claris and Theodore's wand possibly being exceptions (they were made by Luther).

SallySalSal
Nov 13, 2015, 11:23 PM
Anyone know what else Theodore's weapon camo can be besides wand? I can't tell.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2015, 11:24 PM
Sword and partisan.

Rakurai
Nov 13, 2015, 11:54 PM
I wonder if you can still get abducted from doing the Harukotan TA.

I think it has the potential to be faster then Naberius 2 in terms of clear speed.

wefwq
Nov 14, 2015, 12:00 AM
Oh, finally ice cream sword camo.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Nov 14, 2015, 01:51 AM
>that yonohate

pls be tradeable

TaigaUC
Nov 14, 2015, 05:12 AM
Some of those are going to be amazing for extending range on some weapons.

final_attack
Nov 14, 2015, 06:14 AM
Some of those are going to be amazing for extending range on some weapons.

Wait。。。。。。Weapon length affect PA's reach? o_o
That Katana is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooong

AmanoMai
Nov 14, 2015, 08:43 AM
so do you have to complete the matter board before the update to get the camos?

or they'll be a permanent reward and you can complete it whenever

IronKrone
Nov 14, 2015, 08:51 AM
so do you have to complete the matter board before the update to get the camos?

or they'll be a permanent reward and you can complete it whenever

I assume that you can complete it whenever and claim the emblems whenever since it's a title reward.