PDA

View Full Version : ARKS Grand Prix Challenge Quest

TaigaUC
Nov 15, 2015, 01:51 AM
Didn't see a thread for this anywhere.
Nobody talking about it? What does everybody think of it?

I tried it solo, cleared as Braver in 18 minutes with C Rank and only got 250 miles.
Haven't tried it in a group yet.

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 02:00 AM
my good buddy's solo time (ponthi-sama)
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/lm5Vr/23017ef4bd.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

isCasted
Nov 15, 2015, 02:19 AM
Hunter, 16:17:34 here.

The concept of quest is great, but enemies are annoying as heck. It looks like it was designed for 4-man parties, it even said "Conditions are not met, clear time won't be recorded" when I went in solo.

It was interesting to try Hunter without Automate, but fuck Anjhadu-lili - my usual strat was Holding Current spam while he rolls over me, and now it's really unsettling without Automate.

wefwq
Nov 15, 2015, 02:21 AM
Solo was annoying as hell.

TaigaUC
Nov 15, 2015, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I mostly just stood far away shooting Banish Nemesis.
Those seal throwing guys take forever to kill.

@mi
What class was your buddy's solo?

milranduil
Nov 15, 2015, 02:41 AM
fihu.

Poyonche
Nov 15, 2015, 04:26 AM
290 miles for A rank.

TaigaUC
Nov 15, 2015, 08:27 AM
Found a video of someone soloing it with Sword in 6 minutes.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27594086

isCasted
Nov 15, 2015, 08:43 AM

That was a really interesting watch. The player doesn't even go batshit-crazy with PA choices - all of the moves are pretty clear and easy to understand. He does take a few risks, though. I think this video could pretty much serve as a tutorial for Sword users.

Xaelouse
Nov 15, 2015, 09:06 AM
HU/FI looks so easy in this quest compared to BO/HU
If only BO/HU had dark element boots/DBs

ArcaneTechs
Nov 15, 2015, 09:32 AM
How good is the CM with a 4 man group? I was surprised too that no one was talking about it

Misaki Ki
Nov 15, 2015, 10:18 AM
FI/HU is so wonderful in this quest.

I wish the payout was higher though, it really is a fun quest.

rashoood
Nov 15, 2015, 12:20 PM
sadly getting S rank only gives 300cm

So its not good for farming

Tunga
Nov 15, 2015, 12:28 PM
How good is the CM with a 4 man group? I was surprised too that no one was talking about it

Feels pretty much like a regular 4man TA roflstomping. 1 man run is more fun than 4 imo.

wefwq
Nov 15, 2015, 08:59 PM
Anyone know when this quest removed?
I want to try it again with different class sometime but i don't have much time to spare atm.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 15, 2015, 10:14 PM

Funny how he shows such great execution, but doesn't even know that it's pointless to "fully charge" Guilty Break (meaning the second half of the animation does nothing)

TaigaUC
Nov 15, 2015, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that the Sword attacks are pretty straightforward.
Group enemies together, then jump up and Over End, or Nova Strike for knockdown.
For single targets, Rising Edge.

I kinda want to play it again. It'll probably stay around until the Grand Prix.
Maybe if people play it enough they'll turn it into a regular CQ. Would be a waste not to.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 15, 2015, 10:57 PM
Funny how he shows such great execution, but doesn't even know that it's pointless to "fully charge" Guilty Break (meaning the second half of the animation does nothing)

Huh? Guilty Break has two charge levels. Is this supposed to be like Slide End/Assault Buster?

Z-0
Nov 15, 2015, 11:05 PM
Anyone know when this quest removed?
I want to try it again with different class sometime but i don't have much time to spare atm.

Like July of next year or something. It's a long time.

TaigaUC
Nov 16, 2015, 01:25 AM
Would be nice if we had more permanent CQs like this one.
Solo-based would be great too.

yoshiblue
Nov 16, 2015, 01:41 AM
Cool, I really enjoy the new limited C-mode quest.

Saffran
Nov 16, 2015, 01:58 AM
I don't live in Japan so even I did a great run with my team I wouldn't be able to compete further.
(not that I would do a good run to begin with) So i just am ignoring it entirely.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 16, 2015, 02:51 AM
Huh? Guilty Break has two charge levels. Is this supposed to be like Slide End/Assault Buster?

It does have 2 charge levels, but it's funny. It gets the benefit of the charge level at the beginning of the animation, not at or near the end. At max gear, it's impossible to use it uncharged, and you only need it to enter the first frame of the 2nd charge level to get the max run speed/distance

Naoya Kiriyama
Nov 16, 2015, 03:36 AM
Would be nice if we had more permanent CQs like this one.
Solo-based would be great too.

Actually, I would like this to be a permanent CQ but for a different purpose.

What kind of quest offers you with a basic rundown of all classes without having to level up them and having basic gears and PAs to grasp the basic gameplay of them? It's pretty good for novices imo.

wefwq
Nov 16, 2015, 06:14 AM
Like July of next year or something. It's a long time.
Neato.
I wish they put more quest like this in the future.

What kind of quest offers you with a basic rundown of all classes without having to level up them and having basic gears and PAs to grasp the basic gameplay of them? It's pretty good for novices imo.
They probably just skip the content entirely since like, this kind of quest won't give them any EXP/item that they can use, they usually are rushing in to cap the level and don't give a fuck for actual grasp on gameplay.

Achelousaurus
Nov 16, 2015, 09:19 AM
Just did it yesterday. Was neat.
Way short though and overall felt kinda pointless.

I hope Shironia TA is better but somehow I can't imagine it with drops disabled for a boss people only like for the XH drops that is now in SH without Sega knowing why people like it (shit boss otherwise) and not being able to fix it by simply changing drops like for other bosses in some quests and instead having to make it feel pointless.

Kinda feel like skipping this after trying it out, probably don't wanna add this to my usual taco set.

TaigaUC
Nov 16, 2015, 10:03 AM

Ohhh. That's a good point.
So if anyone's like "what are the classes/weapons like?" we can just say "go and try that CQ".

TaigaUC
Nov 17, 2015, 09:51 AM
Dunno if anyone's already posted it, but if you clear the CQ you get a title with a 10000CM ticket.

Vatallus
Nov 17, 2015, 12:33 PM
I barely did it sub 10 solo with swords. Got to Gigre at around 6:30 and then he decided to be uncooperative. I don't really feel like trying for a faster time though.

Short version is my time seems just fine but I screw up at Anjhadu-lili by making hits that strike the wheel instead of the head and then Gigre refuses to freeze himself.

Xaelouse
Nov 20, 2015, 10:24 AM
So this is going on:

https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/667709184020844544

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/11/151120a.html

Possible solo focused TA or Cmode quest that has nothing to do with GP?
If TA, then you'll have to deal with people that have high affixes or bringing any easymode skills/PAs but the strategy changes along with the game.
If cmode, then everyone is on equal ground but if the strategy is figured out it'll get boring really quickly.

Saffran
Nov 20, 2015, 10:50 AM
Just make it 1 attempt a day and people will not be able to farm the rng until they get a katana or whatever the best current weapon is.

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2015, 12:31 AM
They could always just use the same map for both TA and CM.
Better than only having it for one or the other, even if it's the same thing.