PDA

View Full Version : so apparent;ly Trying to start PSO2 leads to a black screen now?

Squall179
Nov 25, 2015, 05:23 AM
I just installed the most recent update to PSO2, and now I get black screens, and I'm not sure if the game just broke or if its a flaw with the current update?

Sinon
Nov 25, 2015, 05:28 AM
"I disabled the core English patch/Large Files, restored JP backups for both, and game is working fine"

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/3u71qa/patch_incompatible_cuz_tweaker/cxcfvyn

Yeah, there's a few different issues going on for a select group of people. We're working on it, sorry!

Squall179
Nov 25, 2015, 05:30 AM
oh I'm just playing off the vanilla content. Hmn, Possible GPU issue?

ZER0 DX
Nov 25, 2015, 06:02 AM
Run a file check through the official launcher, you could be missing a few files or some ended up getting corrupted.

Dia79
Nov 25, 2015, 06:06 AM
yea im having the same issue here

seilent
Nov 25, 2015, 06:18 AM
using english patch, working fine here, though my teamate having same issue

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/0TlNLSD.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xiriko
Nov 25, 2015, 06:21 AM
Using the english patches at all leads me to a black screen after the intro. Not using the patches at all (vanilla version) allows to me to login and play normally.

Glad it's a bug... was starting to wonder if it was just me.

landman
Nov 25, 2015, 06:27 AM
Yep, had to make a complete file check, old method, haven't installed the english patch yet after that.

Dia79
Nov 25, 2015, 06:28 AM
the problem seems to be the english patch yea as i removed it from twiker game runs fine

alyold
Nov 25, 2015, 06:48 AM
i uninstall the en patch and large file but disconnect after typing password....

Azure Falcon
Nov 25, 2015, 06:55 AM
Something really odd is going on for me, I've got every patch disabled and the game is booting up and loading faster than ever before, except My Room which is an infinite loading tunnel.

Ezodagrom
Nov 25, 2015, 06:59 AM
Something really odd is going on for me, I've got every patch disabled and the game is booting up and loading faster than ever before, except My Room which is an infinite loading tunnel.
I'd probably try doing a filecheck through the regular launcher, in my case after removing the english patch through tweaker had a black screen in the salon, filecheck through the regular launcher fixed it.

Azure Falcon
Nov 25, 2015, 07:12 AM
I'd probably try doing a filecheck through the regular launcher, in my case after removing the english patch through tweaker had a black screen in the salon, filecheck through the regular launcher fixed it.

Cool, yeah that worked perfectly. It downloaded 26 files and everything is fine.

Tramp
Nov 25, 2015, 07:17 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but I get this message when I try to log in,
サーバーから切断されました。

http://puu.sh/ly8Ft.png

landman
Nov 25, 2015, 07:39 AM
Story patch and item patch work, the only problem is the english patch.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Nov 25, 2015, 07:41 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but I get this message when I try to log in,
サーバーから切断されました。

http://puu.sh/ly8Ft.png

me too tbh fam

i suppose they're still fixing the ddraw.dll thing

welp, more time for

O T H E R T H I N G S
T
H
E
R
T
H
I
N
G
S

tbqvhwy fam

Poyonche
Nov 25, 2015, 07:48 AM
I get black screen at salon. D:

alyold
Nov 25, 2015, 07:56 AM
サーバーから切断されました。

me too...
i get this サーバーから切断されました after log in...:(:(:(

mayama
Nov 25, 2015, 07:57 AM
Also got this "サーバーから切断されました。" when I try to login after disabled all patch.

With patch installed I got blackscreen after the intro.

Ezodagrom
Nov 25, 2015, 08:00 AM
I get black screen at salon. D:
Do a filecheck through the regular launcher.

Z-0
Nov 25, 2015, 08:07 AM
The server error is usually because you have lingering addresses in the hosts file (located at Windows\System32\drivers\etc) from the PSO2Proxy, and you're attempting to connect without it.

Squall179
Nov 25, 2015, 08:41 AM
hey uhm.... which button on the official launcher is file check again? Third one fro the top right? Middle narrow button below the big wide one?

TaigaUC
Nov 25, 2015, 08:52 AM
The one that says ファイルチェック.

A friend got black screen, removed EN patch, and then it worked.
But then they got a black screen in Este, so they did a file check. I think that fixed it.

The other cause for a black screen that I know of is when you update drivers, sometimes it borks.
The fix is to update/reinstall drivers with clean install, and it might take more than one try.

Squall179
Nov 25, 2015, 08:56 AM
THank you Taiga!

Este lady makeover salon place where I can feel pretty WORKS AGAIN! All that had been unstable with the hours of hour and a half after maint ends are resolved! I can feel pretty once more. It is an infinite gift you have given! But yeah in all seriousness, thanks!

WEED420BLAZEIT
Nov 25, 2015, 09:02 AM
i believe the server time out is because of rsainject fails or old ddraw, i can see the ips of the servers in my hosts file, so yeah prolly encryption error

hmm should i use wtfast vpn?

my body is not ready for 816, back to waiting tbqvhwy fam

SilkaN
Nov 25, 2015, 09:34 AM
I installed all patches, got a black screen, then removed the English patch and now I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen.

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 25, 2015, 09:38 AM
Are you guys able to restore the default JP files for the English patch? I press it but there's no status message saying that I've managed to restore the files. I think my tweaker does NOT backup the JP files when I install the English patch.

Tramp
Nov 25, 2015, 09:46 AM
me too...
i get this サーバーから切断されました after log in...:(:(:(

Also got this "サーバーから切断されました。" when I try to login after disabled all patch.

With patch installed I got blackscreen after the intro.

The server error is usually because you have lingering addresses in the hosts file (located at Windows\System32\drivers\etc) from the PSO2Proxy, and you're attempting to connect without it.

I figured out the problem, it actually did have to do with the proxy, but it was the opposite, oddly. Re-assigned proxy settings to JP and then everything worked fine.

For the people that had/have the same problem that I did, try this. It might not work for everyone though, as some people in certain areas are simply unable to connect without proxy, in which case you might be out of luck until tweaker brings a fix. ;/

http://puu.sh/lyeVZ.png

Sandmind
Nov 25, 2015, 09:51 AM
Are you guys able to restore the default JP files for the English patch? I press it but there's no status message saying that I've managed to restore the files. I think my tweaker does NOT backup the JP files when I install the English patch.

It's been age since the last time my Tweaker install backup anything but story patch automatically. And for the love of god, I couldn't re-find the backup setting the last time I checked some months ago.

Edit: Only solution is to use "redownload JPN file" below restore backup.

alyold
Nov 25, 2015, 10:28 AM
I figured out the problem, it actually did have to do with the proxy, but it was the opposite, oddly. Re-assigned proxy settings to JP and then everything worked fine.

For the people that had/have the same problem that I did, try this. It might not work for everyone though, as some people in certain areas are simply unable to connect without proxy, in which case you might be out of luck until tweaker brings a fix. ;/

i am from SEA.. so this method sure not working for me... :-(:-(:-(
now just wait for tweaker solution ^^

Z-0
Nov 25, 2015, 10:35 AM
No... I'm right.

If you have the server addresses in your host file, it means that when you try to connect to PSO2, your connection first goes to CyberKitsune's proxy INSTEAD of directly to PSO2's server (basically if you connect to a particular hostname with the addresses in the hosts file, you will connect to the IP listed next to that hostname instead of doing the lookup). If you're not using the proxy, or there's something wrong with the proxy, you'll time out instead of connecting to PSO2 if those lines are in your hosts file.

By reverting the settings back to the original, you're removing those lines in the host file and directly connecting to PSO2, removing the error.

seilent
Nov 25, 2015, 10:41 AM
for proxy issue try to see if u have [pso2h.dll] at [PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\Plugins]
move it outside plugin to pso2_bin instead

Zulastar
Nov 25, 2015, 11:18 AM
I installed all patches, got a black screen, then removed the English patch and now I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen.

Same problem here: En patch is disabled and stuck in an infinite loading screen... never used proxy before

alyold
Nov 25, 2015, 11:21 AM
for proxy issue try to see if u have [pso2h.dll] at [PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\Plugins]
move it outside plugin to pso2_bin instead

cool... your method worked...
but Np1015 in blue tunnel...^^;

Zorak000
Nov 25, 2015, 11:37 AM
Same problem here: En patch is disabled and stuck in an infinite loading screen... never used proxy before

same here, I stopped using a proxy months ago. launched the game from the official launcher after getting the infinite load screen and still got the infinite load screen. Currently running a file check from the official launcher

wefwq
Nov 25, 2015, 11:45 AM
aww shiet, just redownload original JP file for the small patch and the game works.

kayyu12
Nov 25, 2015, 11:53 AM
stupid question incoming!!!

so i did an update, file check for 10 times already, uninstalled the EN, item and large files patch and i bypassed the black screen error. When i reached the server list, clicked on the ship and logged in my SEGA ID, it works fine until to the "Authenticating SEGA ID", the NP1015 error appears, now im lost on what to do at this point. looked on old threads about this but still got no answer for the 1015 error.

Im about to try the original launcher one, but too afraid for that 812 one. Im from SEA and can't play the game without the proxy. Anyone bypassed this problem? Any help will do =w=)b

Zulastar
Nov 25, 2015, 12:05 PM
Currently running a file check from the official launcher

How did you manage to start it? I've got only errors...

wefwq
Nov 25, 2015, 12:13 PM
stupid question incoming!!!

so i did an update, file check for 10 times already, uninstalled the EN, item and large files patch and i bypassed the black screen error. When i reached the server list, clicked on the ship and logged in my SEGA ID, it works fine until to the "Authenticating SEGA ID", the NP1015 error appears, now im lost on what to do at this point. looked on old threads about this but still got no answer for the 1015 error.

Im about to try the original launcher one, but too afraid for that 812 one. Im from SEA and can't play the game without the proxy. Anyone bypassed this problem? Any help will do =w=)b
I dunno, but usually NP error caused by gameguard, maybe you make sure that there's no process that may piss gameguard off or something.

kayyu12
Nov 25, 2015, 12:25 PM
I dunno, but usually NP error caused by gameguard, maybe you make sure that there's no process that may piss gameguard off or something.

iirc, i didnt download any apps or running processes that will piss GG off. its the first time i got this error since i started playing JP and it only happened in this update. currently looking any solutions from SEA peeps here that made the game actually working since we can't connect from SEA unless we have that proxy.

update: i reverted proxy settings back to JP and put the proxy link back, then the 1015 appeared. still haven't installed the EN patches and did another file check.

any solutions will do ^^^^

alyold
Nov 25, 2015, 12:43 PM
tweaker version update....
in game now... ^^

kayyu12
Nov 25, 2015, 12:58 PM
in game now... ^^

:-o:-o how D: you playing in SEA region?

Dia79
Nov 25, 2015, 12:59 PM
in game now... ^^

with or without eng patch?

mayama
Nov 25, 2015, 01:00 PM
It's working now even with eng patch after tweaker update.

kayyu12
Nov 25, 2015, 01:15 PM
update: it works properly now! Thanks :D :D

wefwq
Nov 25, 2015, 01:20 PM
Why does tweaker doesn't want to connect to proxy when i disable all the plugin now?
Am i now being forced to use this "feature"?

lsen
Nov 25, 2015, 01:26 PM
Even with the new Tweaker update can't get past the black screen unless I remove the English patch.

wefwq
Nov 25, 2015, 01:29 PM
Even with the new Tweaker update can't get past the black screen unless I remove the English patch.
Redownload original JP files first, then apply the small patch back.

lsen
Nov 25, 2015, 02:31 PM
Redownload original JP files first, then apply the small patch back.

Ah, thanks. It's going now.

Zulastar
Nov 25, 2015, 02:38 PM
Clean JP client - no problems T_T

Tramp
Nov 25, 2015, 04:47 PM
zzz

Oook, but that's not what you said in your first post.

You said something about a missing address, which was no help to me at all...

http://puu.sh/lyHvX.png

http://puu.sh/lyHLg.jpg

My problem is that I was connecting through proxy, and reverting the settings fixed it for me. zzzz but okay I guess whatever you originally said was "right", in some marvel alternate universe.

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 25, 2015, 06:21 PM
Okay, I updated to the new Tweaker, reapplied CyberKitsune proxy and it doesn't seem to be working now?

Edit: SEA player here so I need something to bypass the IP block.

Charmeleon
Nov 25, 2015, 07:00 PM
Oook, but that's not what you said in your first post.

You said something about a missing address, which was no help to me at all...

http://puu.sh/lyHvX.png

http://puu.sh/lyHLg.jpg

My problem is that I was connecting through proxy, and reverting the settings fixed it for me. zzzz but okay I guess whatever you originally said was "right", in some marvel alternate universe.

I think you're not understanding that editing the hosts file is exactly what that option does. He wasn't wrong about anything he said.

Tramp
Nov 25, 2015, 07:32 PM
If disconnecting from proxy was the clear "right" answer, then go out of your way to give an overly complicated non-answer(?)

I'm not sure the obsession with being "right" or "wrong" in a thread meant to help people is, but if the case is that: "The solution was to revert settings to JP". That wasn't said. He said something about connecting without some soft of address or another. From my understanding "attempting to connect to without it" that "it" was the proxy, all I stated is that I was connecting with the proxy and the fix was connecting without. In that case, no, no solution was given on his part.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Nov 25, 2015, 07:50 PM
ayyy it's working,

so before i got to work i tried again launching with the tweaker,

1.oh it's updating, cool
2.plugins? disable em all
3.launch
3.login screen --> server time out

what the hell man

then i tried once more

1.launch tweaker
2.enable all plugins
3.launch
4.successfully logs tbqvhwy fampai

then i copied the ddraw.dll, use the jp launcher --> successfully logs in

thank you

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

G O D
O
D

Z-0
Nov 25, 2015, 08:31 PM
If disconnecting from proxy was the clear "right" answer, then go out of your way to give an overly complicated non-answer(?)

I'm not sure the obsession with being "right" or "wrong" in a thread meant to help people is, but if the case is that: "The solution was to revert settings to JP". That wasn't said. He said something about connecting without some soft of address or another. From my understanding "attempting to connect to without it" that "it" was the proxy, all I stated is that I was connecting with the proxy and the fix was connecting without. In that case, no, no solution was given on his part.
"and you're attempting to connect without it"

-> You're attempting to connect without the PSO2Proxy with those lingering addresses in the hosts file which redirect you to the PSO2Proxy.

Tramp
Nov 25, 2015, 10:49 PM
My problem is that I was connecting through proxy, and reverting the settings fixed it for me.

"and you're attempting to connect without it"

-> You're attempting to connect without the PSO2Proxy with those lingering addresses in the hosts file which redirect you to the PSO2Proxy.

And for the fourth and final time, connecting without, read it please with... out... is what FIXED the problem for me... At first I was connecting WITH it and I was timing out, I don't understand what is so hard to understand about what I'm saying...

ayyy it's working,
1.oh it's updating, cool
2.plugins? disable em all
3.launch
3.login screen --> server time out

what the hell man

then i tried once more

1.launch tweaker
2.enable all plugins
3.launch
4.successfully logs tbqvhwy fampai

then i copied the ddraw.dll, use the jp launcher --> successfully logs in