PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Error 816

.ki
Nov 25, 2015, 12:22 PM
Recently got banned from PSO2 servers with a message saying Error 816 though i don't know why, i have over 300-400hours and i've never cheated i know that playing from anywhere else but Japan is aginst the terms but they wouldn't care unless you do something, does anybody know any other reasons for a ban? And i would try sending a Customer Support mail but i don't know japanese and i don't think they respond to foreigners. :-(

TaigaUC
Nov 25, 2015, 12:23 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230910

Sorry to hear that.
Sounds like 816 has been increasing as of late :/

Mildora
Nov 25, 2015, 01:17 PM
Sounds like 816 has been increasing as of late :/

If I get banned maybe i'll go outside

edit

i have amazing grammar

Raujinn
Nov 25, 2015, 08:59 PM
If I got banned I'd probably make a new account but just live permanently on Vhard and take on the casual life from there on out.

Shoterxx
Nov 26, 2015, 04:40 AM
I guess we should start helping with that Polaris Private Server then, before we lose our stuff.

By the way, what ships did you play in?

ark0
Nov 26, 2015, 06:44 AM
If I got banned I'd probably make a new account but just live permanently on Vhard and take on the casual life from there on out.

do u mean vhard block or quests? why ?

.ki
Nov 27, 2015, 05:23 AM
I played on Ship 2

Dammy
Nov 27, 2015, 05:52 AM
ship doesn't matter , could happen on any
i think it could be because of .dlls/plugins or that arks mods tool thingy

you guys walking on the edge with all of that stuff

Kinaya
Nov 27, 2015, 06:07 AM

^this, just don't play with that stuff

wefwq
Nov 27, 2015, 09:55 AM
^this, just don't play with that stuff
How do i not play with these stuff if i need to use proxy to play :(
thanks a lot, asiasoft

Cyber Meteor
Nov 27, 2015, 10:50 AM
@wefwq Uncheck all the non-proxy ddl in plugin menu? :-P

Azure Falcon
Nov 27, 2015, 12:08 PM

Honestly I'm refusing to update the Tweaker, I don't want or care about those plugins and I certainly don't want the higher risk of Sega detecting something screwy and 816ing me.

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2015, 01:00 PM
I honestly just disable all the plugins. I'd still use the vanilla client to boot if it didn't patch out the english patch every single time.

Sora3100
Nov 27, 2015, 01:51 PM
Just run the exe then?

Variant
Nov 27, 2015, 02:34 PM
I'd keep the plugins and proxy in consideration, but I assure you that we probably do a lot worse than you guys when testing all this stuff (I wonder how many times they've gotten a NP1013 signal from me) with none of us being screwed yet. Besides, the 816s were happening before we released that stuff anyway.

For those of you who want to launch the game without the tweaker, the batch file that launches the game without it has been posted several times. For those of you who don't know, now you know:

cd "G:\Games\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin"
SET -pso2=+0x01e3f1e9
start pso2.exe +0x33aca2b9 -pso2

(change the cd directory)

However, one thing interesting that happened this GG update is that they changed how they scan memory a little, so if it wasn't for the fact that we developed the plugin system like last week which helps handle the GG check, we would've lost the proxy on Tuesday because the RSA keys were being scanned. If you don't use the proxy, you're probably fine without pso2h (for now), but if you do, well, let's see what happens from now on.

GG is like a schoolyard bully. Cheeky little shit.

ark0
Nov 27, 2015, 03:03 PM
When you say plug ins do you mean the patches (eng,large,story) or apply selected changes (like remove censor)?

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2015, 03:05 PM
Thanks, but even with that .bat command the game won't start. Just gives me the admin prompt to start PSO2 and then it doesn't actually start.

I've never needed or used the proxy so that doesn't affect me.

I literally only use the main english patch and occasionally the story patch on PSO2 anyway. While I would prefer to still be able to use the vanilla client to start the game I guess I'll continue to live without it.

Variant
Nov 27, 2015, 03:18 PM
When you say plug ins do you mean the patches (eng,large,story) or apply selected changes (like remove censor)?

Naw. The new plugin system in the tweaker that does damage dumping and title translations. The other patches are unlikely to be detected (inb4 sega sends back hashes of the 32k files for some stupid reason).

@Vatallus: did you try right-clicking running as admin? FYI this is pretty much how Tweaker launches the game so it might just be a permissions thing.

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2015, 03:23 PM
Naw. The new plugin system in the tweaker that does damage dumping and title translations. The other patches are unlikely to be detected (inb4 sega sends back hashes of the 32k files for some stupid reason).

@Vatallus: did you try right-clicking running as admin? FYI this is pretty much how Tweaker launches the game so it might just be a permissions thing.

Oh, I guess that is what I wasn't doing right. Worked this time. Thanks. I'm not a very tech sabby person when it comes to codes/scripts.

My experience is pretty much limited to hardware and basic web design. lol

As the only account on my computer it never clicks in my head that I still have it setup that I have to run as admin... even though I am the admin.

Azure Falcon
Nov 27, 2015, 04:30 PM
I'd keep the plugins and proxy in consideration, but I assure you that we probably do a lot worse than you guys when testing all this stuff (I wonder how many times they've gotten a NP1013 signal from me) with none of us being screwed yet. Besides, the 816s were happening before we released that stuff anyway.

I totally understand that, but my concern with the Tweaker - and this isn't to insult any of the hard work AIDA and everyone else puts into it - is that it's getting too invasive. We've seen a few times before that new Tweaker updates have broken it or prevented PSO2 starting and my major worry is that one day, one of these new features will flag with Sega and get a whole bunch of people banned. It's not like anyone knows what Sega is looking for or how much messing with the client they'll tolerate.

Honestly I'd personally like it if there were a separate lightweight Tweaker that just has the basic patching, updating, troubleshooting and settings functionality without the proxy or plugin support. It'd be a lot of extra work updating and maintaining two versions though, so I understand why something like that isn't likely to exist.

.ki
Nov 29, 2015, 01:16 PM
Actually i got banned before the Plugins were added in so i don't really know, i started a new account and i've had the plugins enabled and so far no ban.

Shoterxx
Nov 30, 2015, 06:55 AM
Actually i got banned before the Plugins were added in so i don't really know, i started a new account and i've had the plugins enabled and so far no ban.

Sorry to break the news for you, but someone else, who also had their account banned and tried making a new one, got their new account banned after a bit. Hope that's not the case, but just don't get your hopes up.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230910

And supporting what AIDA said, yeah, bans started rolling out even before plugins were released. And there are people who regularly use Arks Mod Tool, and haven't got any trouble so far. In fact, I'd doubt that, if that were the case, GameGuard would've remained silent. Heck, I've been kicked by GameGuard a couple of times for attempting to use Reshade on PSO2, and 60 gameplay hours later (or 3 weeks later), still doing just fine. I don't believe there's any real interest on hand-picked bans over some translation plugin or the sort either.

SZiadaN
Nov 30, 2015, 11:05 AM
I'd just like to add a friendly warning to all of this.

To both Aida and Variant, just because you guys haven't been banned yet doesn't mean its safe.
We have done a lot worse stuff than you guys are doing without getting banned as well.

For example, if you remember the NPC moving and what not.
We didn't get banned for it until we did it on a large scale, as a matter of fact, we didn't get banned at all before that.

People have gotten banned for using the trainer in locked games playing completely solo, yet there are people who have used the trainer since day one without ever getting banned (even though they are going all out with it).

It's for this reason we never claim that our trainer is safe, even if there are people who never got banned while using it.

The moment you inject stuff into the pso2 client and start playing around with the memory, you are in the risk of getting banned.

TLDR: Injecting DLLs that modify the client in any way at all means you are in the risk for getting banned.

PS: Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against you guys or the plugin stuff you guys are doing.
And I like the idea of the DPS parser, if you need any data help then feel free to hit us up.
We got a lot mapped out as well :)

It were for stuff like that our forum was originally created, if you wish to distribute your plugins there you're free to do it.
We'd be willing to give you your own section.

otakun
Nov 30, 2015, 11:41 AM
There are people who are openly using hacks that increase their overall dmg, their max PP and make it to where they take no dmg and yet these people who claim to have been doing it for years have yet to be punished. So pretty much getting 816'd is pretty random as it seems since Sega doesn't seem to be watching Ship 2 all that carefully for hacks like that.

SZiadaN
Nov 30, 2015, 11:47 AM
I am aware that there are people openly using hacks without getting banned.
And I wouldn't consider them getting banned weird at all.

However, for people who aren't using the trainer but instead use item translation or the proxy, I do not consider them getting banned as well weird either.

Just like the trainer, the proxy and the item translation dll are modifying the client in one way or another.

My goal with my post was just to make people aware that using these kind of things come with a risk, if you don't mind the risk then by all means use it. Just remember that if you get banned for it, it was your own fault for using it.

sparab
Nov 30, 2015, 12:53 PM
I know someone got 816'ed for...clicking player shops too often. Sega sent a letter that states his action was "causing server lag"

TaigaUC
Nov 30, 2015, 01:06 PM
I briefly considered that people are getting banned for certain info in account registration.
But that doesn't really fit.

I know someone got 816'ed for...clicking player shops too often. Sega sent a letter that states his action was "causing server lag"

That's sad. They could implement a limit in-game instead of banning people.

Dnd
Nov 30, 2015, 01:16 PM

I heard people getting temp-banned for a week doing this, but a full 816? wow sega....

Variant
Nov 30, 2015, 01:18 PM
I'd just like to add a friendly warning to all of this.

To both Aida and Variant, just because you guys haven't been banned yet doesn't mean its safe.

Noted, yeah, it's why the plugins are disabled by default. There's always a risk with doing any of this stuff, it's why I mentioned to keep it in mind.

It's super frustrating because there's no transparency with what SEGA chooses to do in terms of bans, and GG is just a pain in the ass (they almost broke the proxy last week). People who don't use the plugins get banned, people who play vanilla get banned, people who do use the plugins get banned, people who run all the patches get banned, meh.

SZiadaN
Nov 30, 2015, 01:20 PM

I sincerely hope he lied to you...
Or that he wasn't just "clicking player shop too often" but perhaps spamming the packet for it...

Either way, the whole visiphone seem to be really badly implemented on their side.
There have been a bunch of issues related to it in the past.

TaigaUC
Nov 30, 2015, 03:13 PM
Remember when they disabled various Visiphone features because they caused server lag?
Like looking up other players and characters.

SZiadaN
Nov 30, 2015, 03:25 PM
Remember when they disabled various Visiphone features because they caused server lag?
Like looking up other players and characters.

If you mean the time when they disabled the partner NPCs as well, then that was because of us.

We were doing 2 things at that time, mass PM and spawning black midgets (among other things) in lobby.
Sending the mass PMs usually caused the visiphone to break.

sparab
Nov 30, 2015, 06:29 PM
I sincerely hope he lied to you...
Or that he wasn't just "clicking player shop too often" but perhaps spamming the packet for it...

Either way, the whole visiphone seem to be really badly implemented on their side.
There have been a bunch of issues related to it in the past.

He might have used 3rd party tools in that case

Sega does ban players for all kind of reasons, with (suspected) RMT being the highest and client modification being the lower priority

Searaphim
Dec 1, 2015, 09:24 AM
It's super frustrating because there's no transparency with what SEGA chooses to do in terms of bans, and GG is just a pain in the ass (they almost broke the proxy last week). People who don't use the plugins get banned, people who play vanilla get banned, people who do use the plugins get banned, people who run all the patches get banned, meh.

I feel you on that, there's just so many potential things that could get you a ban that we aren't even aware of. I've spent a few days trying to figure out what could have led to my ban outside of using translation patches and haven't found anything noteworthy aside from me using a Razor mouse with keybindings and my SEGA ID profile missing my full name. And yet we have no clue if either of these things could ever lead to a ban. There's just no way to be 100% safe :-?

gabor100
Dec 2, 2015, 01:34 PM
Did the people who got banned spent RL money on the game?

Searaphim
Dec 2, 2015, 04:06 PM
Did the people who got banned spent RL money on the game?

Luckily for me, (if we can call me lucky...) I haven't spent any real money on the game.

SakuRei
Dec 3, 2015, 12:39 AM
Recently got banned from PSO2 servers with a message saying Error 816 though i don't know why, i have over 300-400hours and i've never cheated i know that playing from anywhere else but Japan is aginst the terms but they wouldn't care unless you do something, does anybody know any other reasons for a ban? And i would try sending a Customer Support mail but i don't know japanese and i don't think they respond to foreigners. :-(

Actually... No, it doesn't involve with mods and stuff, I played around 2010~2011 back at Ship: 01 Feoh and got Sega error 816 on my first account, and I have no idea why, and no, I didn't use any mods back then since tweaker hasn't been created yet by AIDA at that time. Played with no patches at all and stuff like that. By the time I knew about PSO-World, no one still knew about it back then. (dunno if it's discovered now though) Hurrr! Filthy Gaijins! Go home! Dishonor! (Just kidding xD)

Anyways, I guess just create a new account if you want to play again. Too bad this Sega Error 816 happened to you as well.

TheszNuts
Dec 3, 2015, 01:35 AM
Anyways, I guess just create a new account if you want to play again.

I wouldn't, your IP is flagged so its just going to cause a repeat lock.

n_n
Dec 3, 2015, 01:58 AM
Yeah, you definitely don't want to make a new account with a flagged IP because it will get banned quickly. I lost my 2nd account because of this mistake. ^^;

Dammy
Dec 3, 2015, 03:02 AM
Actually... No, it doesn't involve with mods and stuff, I played around 2010~2011 back at Ship: 01 Feoh and got Sega error 816 on my first account, and I have no idea why, and no, I didn't use any mods back then since tweaker hasn't been created yet by AIDA at that time. Played with no patches at all and stuff like that. By the time I knew about PSO-World, no one still knew about it back then. (dunno if it's discovered now though) Hurrr! Filthy Gaijins! Go home! Dishonor! (Just kidding xD)

Anyways, I guess just create a new account if you want to play again. Too bad this Sega Error 816 happened to you as well.

probably someone teleported you into open space in lobby while you was afk, and jp players reported you as cheater , this was pretty common in beta, ask Sziadan
it was like early 2012

AnikaSteinberg
Dec 4, 2015, 10:25 PM
Hello, forgive me for writing on this new account, but I would just like to share my experience regarding the matter of this topic, and I would also like to request for other player's opinion on what I should do regarding the situation.

I started playing PSO2 JP around a month ago. Registry complete, tweaker working, all seemed well. I was playing for about two weeks, rushing my level and equipment to XH, when one morning I suddenly got the 816 error. I was disappointed that I got the error, and asked SEGA as to why they suspended the account, to which they replied about some sort of "breach of agreement" that I recently did. Of course, I did nothing of the sort, or at least I don't ever remember having done anything of the sort. I never used any of the tweaker's plugins or patches; in fact, I don’t even use its English patch. So, with SEGA seemingly refusing to give any more details on why they did so, dumb ol' me created a new account.

….which got quickly 816'ed the day after. During this time, I learned about SEGA flagging IPs and MAC addresses during these sorts of things, so after a while, I finally decided to give it another shot and create a third account, this time playing under a fabricated MAC address. To my relief, I wasn't banned the day after, and the day after, and a week after. All seemed well once again, until yes, sometime around the second week, I was once again 816'ed, for reasons that are well beyond my comprehension.

At this point, I was getting really frustrated, because my brother, who started around the same time as me, and was presumably also playing under the same IP address since both of us are connected on the same local network, has never gotten 816'ed, and has had no other similar issues whatsoever. Moreover, both of our PCs settings are almost the same, so anything that would have triggered GG could have affected the other machine as well. I got disappointed on the first 816, but now I am significantly disheartened at the third because I'm now thinking that I'll most likely just repeat everything again since I'll most likely be 816'ed sooner or later.

So again, my question is: what should I do now? Should I format my entire HDD and reinstall my OS and PSO2 before they stop 816-ing me? It looks like changing IP and MAC addresses don't work based on my experience. I briefly thought OTP might spare me from this due to its "more secure" login method, but evidently this was not related at all. If there is nothing that I can possibly do to definitely and securely prevent myself from being shotgun-816'ed over and over again (or at least without experiencing it for a very significant period of time), then I guess I'll probably just have to prematurely quit playing this game.

P.S.
It might be worth noting to point out that on both my two-week play streaks, I was 816'ed right on a 11:00am JST XH magatsu EQ. Could this variable be possibly related to my case as well?

wefwq
Dec 4, 2015, 11:27 PM
At this point, I was getting really frustrated, because my brother, who started around the same time as me, and was presumably also playing under the same IP address since both of us are connected on the same local network, has never gotten 816'ed, and has had no other similar issues whatsoever. Moreover, both of our PCs settings are almost the same, so anything that would have triggered GG could have affected the other machine as well. I got disappointed on the first 816, but now I am significantly disheartened at the third because I'm now thinking that I'll most likely just repeat everything again since I'll most likely be 816'ed sooner or later.
Kinda weird that your bros don't get banned despite being on the same local network, kinda risky for your brother but you can try to play on his PC and test stuff though that in case it failing, your brother PC might get flagged as well.
Also are you both playing on the same ship? same party also? are you behaving yourself, like not being too loud so you don't trigger people to send you a report?

seilent
Dec 4, 2015, 11:47 PM
-snip-
again..?
and here i thought changing MAC is already safe enough, seems like i forgot the "gameguard" part, that thing might flag more than just MAC, like SID. reinstalling windows might be the best.
The fact that your bro (wait, bro?) doesn't get banned despite having almost exact same configuration, the issue must be at the PC itself.
I don't thing reformat is necessary, but reinstall windows and delete gameguard folder i guess

AnikaSteinberg
Dec 5, 2015, 12:25 AM
Kinda weird that your bros don't get banned despite being on the same local network, kinda risky for your brother but you can try to play on his PC and test stuff though that in case it failing, your brother PC might get flagged as well.
Also are you both playing on the same ship? same party also? are you behaving yourself, like not being too loud so you don't trigger people to send you a report?

Yes, same network, same ship, even same team (also same party during the magatsu EQ as well). I have been pretty much a low profile player with those two accounts. Not too much, but I have already heard lots of stories about it beforehand so I always tried to blend in as much as possible. In addition, I can speak and write Japanese, and have had no problems conversing with random JP players especially during CM runs. I have also considered logging my account on the other machine, but indeed, I have also considered the risk that other accounts playing on that PC might be affected as well.

again..?
and here i thought changing MAC is already safe enough, seems like i forgot the "gameguard" part, that thing might flag more than just MAC, like SID. reinstalling windows might be the best.
The fact that your bro (wait, bro?) doesn't get banned despite having almost exact same configuration, the issue must be at the PC itself.
I don't thing reformat is necessary, but reinstall windows and delete gameguard folder i guess

Hello :-) and yes, I am indeed 816'ed once again. There's just too much stuff (work software and the likes) on my machine for me to do a fresh Windows reinstall (re-configuring it might take weeks), could deleting the GameGuard and letting it reinstall be a sufficient solution?

seilent
Dec 5, 2015, 12:35 AM
Hello :-) and yes, I am indeed 816'ed once again. There's just too much stuff (work software and the likes) on my machine for me to do a fresh Windows reinstall (re-configuring it might take weeks), could deleting the GameGuard and letting it reinstall be a sufficient solution?

i don't think that would be fine since if your SID already flagged means the new GG will record same SID.
dual booting windows maybe..?
i think that's pretty nice, installing new one at other partition, u wont lose anything too

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 12:45 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with your MAC or IP.
I recently had to shuffle around my LAN and re-identify two of my PCs for both my and my friend's accounts. None of them have been 816'd.
Not the first time I've done that too.

With the speed you're getting banned at, maybe it has something to do with what you entered for registration?
Or perhaps SEGA is being more active in getting rid of newer foreign players?

Or not even foreign players, but people who seem to be making multiple accounts.
Maybe they are forgiving of people who already have multiple accounts, but not people making them now?

wefwq
Dec 5, 2015, 01:51 AM
Yes, same network, same ship, even same team (also same party during the magatsu EQ as well). I have been pretty much a low profile player with those two accounts. Not too much, but I have already heard lots of stories about it beforehand so I always tried to blend in as much as possible. In addition, I can speak and write Japanese, and have had no problems conversing with random JP players especially during CM runs. I have also considered logging my account on the other machine, but indeed, I have also considered the risk that other accounts playing on that PC might be affected as well.
Huh, that's weird. I was playing for so long and never getting this kind of problem, though i suspect that they automatically put every single account registered from overseas to quarantine or something.

With the speed you're getting banned at, maybe it has something to do with what you entered for registration?
Or perhaps SEGA is being more active in getting rid of newer foreign players?

Or not even foreign players, but people who seem to be making multiple accounts.
Maybe they are forgiving of people who already have multiple accounts, but not people making them now?
Maybe they're now actually put their ToS on full effect?
I mean that one which state that they'll BTFO'd people who play outside JP, though they let people who already made accounts before it made public stay.

HentaiLolicon
Dec 5, 2015, 01:57 AM
I registered 2 accounts for friends reccently using same the proxy/machine. Both are doing well. Did you use Gmail for registration

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 02:37 AM
So perhaps it's that they don't let people register more than one account per IP now?
But that'd be stupid because it'd screw over families playing from the same household.

[Ayumi]
Dec 5, 2015, 05:06 AM
Just a thought and I don't think Sega would be that dumb, but maybe it matters on the blocks you're on?
Maybe your character's name or profile stuff?

Azure Falcon
Dec 5, 2015, 05:21 AM
So perhaps it's that they don't let people register more than one account per IP now?
But that'd be stupid because it'd screw over families playing from the same household.

Surely in that instance his brother's account would have gotten the boot too. This is starting to get weird now, too many bans with so little in common.

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 07:59 AM
@Azure
Maybe they only ban excess accounts. I know people who had tons of accounts and all but their main were banned.

If they bothered to reply with the reason as "violating terms of service", then it has to be something in there. Usually they just say "this service is Japan only".
With that in mind, everyone needs to double check to make sure they aren't using PSO2 to create terrorist weapons.

[Ayumi]
Dec 5, 2015, 02:52 PM
@Azure
Maybe they only ban excess accounts. I know people who had tons of accounts and all but their main were banned.

If they bothered to reply with the reason as "violating terms of service", then it has to be something in there. Usually they just say "this service is Japan only".
With that in mind, everyone needs to double check to make sure they aren't using PSO2 to create terrorist weapons.

This makes me wonder if my very 1st account would probably get banned if I logged onto it.

I did make around 10 or so accounts since I started PSO2 (excluding alpha/beta) and most of them were deserted due to when I couldn't play... and when I came back I forgot all the info for them... minus 4 accounts.
I haven't been on any of them except the one I consider my main now, but I did have an original main when the cap was around level 30 or 40 that I then decided to kill when I didn't like how the character turned out and was before the 2nd character fee slot existed. Didn't want to lose all my stuff so I made a 2nd account....
....forgetting I couldn't move things from 2 accounts without both having premium.

Either way, maybe they've been in areas where hackers were? Maybe in the mpa or lobby and Sega not knowing what they're doing maybe think the banned person was in cahoots with the hacker OR think they were the hacker?

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 03:16 PM
If it was a hacker I doubt they'd get banned so many times in quick succession.

[Ayumi]
Dec 5, 2015, 03:26 PM
If it was a hacker I doubt they'd get banned so many times in quick succession.

Not the person that was banned itself. I mean whoever they was around.
Like... I forgot which year it was, but when there were groups of people that would go into forest.
Was like 3 people that would have launchers out and just kept rapidly blasting the walls of the forest and killing anything and everything on the map from that area and sucking up all the exp and items that dropped.

I remember some people stuck around during those times and were not the hackers doing those things and got banned just because they were in the mpa with those people.

TheszNuts
Dec 5, 2015, 04:17 PM
There has to be another element on top of multiple accounts that flags the criteria, otherwise it would have flagged ppl like Onok who boasts about having 4 accounts.

Xaelouse
Dec 5, 2015, 04:56 PM
you could be in a MPA with a person that has 1k PP and get banned for it. You will never know.

sparab
Dec 5, 2015, 05:11 PM
you could be in a MPA with a person that has 1k PP and get banned for it. You will never know.

And the said 1k PP person does not get banned

Surely sega does not ban all players who have violated any term of service; it's merely a matter of luck

wefwq
Dec 5, 2015, 10:00 PM
Is that still a thing? holy moly.
I thought the trend died down.

Searaphim
Dec 5, 2015, 10:28 PM
I seriously wonder why it's "alright" to be so quick on the perma-ban button in this online game. I've played so many MMOs over the years and absolutely none of them have been as brutal on bans as PSO2. Not even close. At least from my experience. And yes I have played other foreign MMOs (korean and japanese mainly). Heck when I was younger I ever hacked on one of these and would only get temporary bans. Most would also send warnings when you get caught red-handed or when they suspect you. Seriously why is this normal? A MMO is like the life of many people and perma-banning someone is almost like stripping everything that person had. (It's not my case but I've met a fair amount of people who would fall into despair if that happened in their favorite MMO)

Totori
Dec 5, 2015, 10:38 PM
So in common all the bans are using other means to connect. Is that the settled common ground?

Searaphim
Dec 5, 2015, 10:42 PM
So in common all the bans are using other means to connect. Is that the settled common ground?

No, I was playing with my own IP. No proxy.

Totori
Dec 5, 2015, 10:43 PM
What region are you from?

Meteor Weapon
Dec 5, 2015, 10:45 PM
Are those people who got banned are people who just played this year or had played for years?

wefwq
Dec 5, 2015, 10:49 PM
You're the customer. You lick the bottoms of their filthy boots and you like it or you go home.
Don't forget their new ToS, people outside JP are not their "customer" since they don't count us as targeted audience.
They're big company, and not just your bro-tier small company that runs some random chinese online game, they would take your money just fine when you pay fir their stuff, but the moment that they find out that you're crossing the border you'll get kicked out loud without any second thought with the only reason given is "this service are not for you" kind of response.

Are those people who got banned are people who just played this year or had played for years?
One of my buddy got his account suspended "temporarily until he give contact" for no reason, though we almost always play together i didn't get this kind of problem and his account are from pre EP2 iirc, but this didn't happen recently when 816 goes on large.

Searaphim
Dec 5, 2015, 11:35 PM

Here since the year it got released with the same 1 account.

[Ayumi]
Dec 6, 2015, 01:07 AM
I seriously wonder why it's "alright" to be so quick on the perma-ban button in this online game. I've played so many MMOs over the years and absolutely none of them have been as brutal on bans as PSO2. Not even close. At least from my experience. And yes I have played other foreign MMOs (korean and japanese mainly). Heck when I was younger I ever hacked on one of these and would only get temporary bans. Most would also send warnings when you get caught red-handed or when they suspect you. Seriously why is this normal? A MMO is like the life of many people and perma-banning someone is almost like stripping everything that person had. (It's not my case but I've met a fair amount of people who would fall into despair if that happened in their favorite MMO)

I remember being on Maple Story years back and someone reported me saying I was hacking. My guess is because I was in an area where a hacker was and they probably thought I was the one hacking.
Banned me for 14 days. I considered it a perma-ban as I never went back since then, but it wasn't really a perma-ban.

I think they're quick to perma-ban recently due to the DDoS of last year. That's just my only guess.
Also I think if I was banned from this, I would probably play PSOBB offline while waiting/hoping/praying for PSO2 private servers to come soon... or at least ways to play it offline like how it's possible to do on PSOBB.

Cheating is still alive and well as far as I've seen. Speedhax, invulnerability. Of course, the recorded instances I have may have been some odd lag, but... since it was the same person each time, I'm not so ready to give the benefit of doubt. I've been in a TD3 MPA with them twice as far as I've counted. Will be avoiding them in the future just in case...

Friend of a friend also just got 816'd tonight. No suspicious behavior, no multiple accounts. Just SEA, connecting via designated proxy.

Edit:
As for why they do this, it's because Sega has been a tyrant for a while. They don't care. They're getting their money and no slight decrease from accidentally banning a very profitable customer is going to make them care. You're the customer. You lick the bottoms of their filthy boots and you like it or you go home.

I can understand the ban of the friend of a friend in Sega's eyes though. If they're from SEA and using a proxy, my guess the ban would've been for 2 things.

1. They used a proxy to be able to play and
2. They're SEA. Sega is pretty much saying "You got PSO2SEA. Go play that and fuck off." is what I would guess. Same as how PSO2SEA blocks those that's not from SEA because "It's not meant for you." or something.

Is it right? Hell no, but I'm pretty sure this is how Sega sees it and think it's fine.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 6, 2015, 01:16 AM
If there's someone getting banned while using proxy, wouldn't that be bad news for those using the proxy since there's high chance that they'd just track everyone else?

Totori
Dec 6, 2015, 01:28 AM
No because it seeming to mostly be focused on the region the peep is playing from in the first place.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 6, 2015, 01:54 AM
Been wondering if any JP's got any random bannings like this.

Lunaea
Dec 6, 2015, 02:56 AM
Just wanted to confirm that someone I know from SEA got 816d. Another friend kept getting 1015 and couldn't connect all day. May be best to stay away for awhile? :-?

Shinamori
Dec 6, 2015, 03:20 AM
NP1015 is a GG issue. More than likely, your friend has something running in the background GG doesn't like.

Lunaea
Dec 6, 2015, 03:28 AM
Ah ok. Thanks for letting me know that.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 05:08 AM
If there's someone getting banned while using proxy, wouldn't that be bad news for those using the proxy since there's high chance that they'd just track everyone else?
Normally yes, it can endanger the other proxy user as well.
That's why people who using proxy always stay vigilant of cheater from using proxy.
Though it'll depend on SEGA how they handle stuff or decide to track everyone else, assuming that they care enough doing so.

MarmiteMan
Dec 6, 2015, 06:16 AM
Hello, forgive me for writing on this new account, but I would just like to share my experience regarding the matter of this topic, and I would also like to request for other player's opinion on what I should do regarding the situation.

I started playing PSO2 JP around a month ago. Registry complete, tweaker working, all seemed well. I was playing for about two weeks, rushing my level and equipment to XH, when one morning I suddenly got the 816 error. I was disappointed that I got the error, and asked SEGA as to why they suspended the account, to which they replied about some sort of "breach of agreement" that I recently did. Of course, I did nothing of the sort, or at least I don't ever remember having done anything of the sort. I never used any of the tweaker's plugins or patches; in fact, I don’t even use its English patch. So, with SEGA seemingly refusing to give any more details on why they did so, dumb ol' me created a new account.

….which got quickly 816'ed the day after. During this time, I learned about SEGA flagging IPs and MAC addresses during these sorts of things, so after a while, I finally decided to give it another shot and create a third account, this time playing under a fabricated MAC address. To my relief, I wasn't banned the day after, and the day after, and a week after. All seemed well once again, until yes, sometime around the second week, I was once again 816'ed, for reasons that are well beyond my comprehension.

So again, my question is: what should I do now? Should I format my entire HDD and reinstall my OS and PSO2 before they stop 816-ing me? It looks like changing IP and MAC addresses don't work based on my experience. I briefly thought OTP might spare me from this due to its "more secure" login method, but evidently this was not related at all. If there is nothing that I can possibly do to definitely and securely prevent myself from being shotgun-816'ed over and over again (or at least without experiencing it for a very significant period of time), then I guess I'll probably just have to prematurely quit playing this game.

P.S.
It might be worth noting to point out that on both my two-week play streaks, I was 816'ed right on a 11:00am JST XH magatsu EQ. Could this variable be possibly related to my case as well?

I too, was 816'ed under the EXACT same circumstances. Anyone else 816'ed in the same way?

Raujinn
Dec 6, 2015, 09:39 AM
Judging from odd JP blog posts I've seen when looking for error 816 information, yes the japanese can also randomly become victims of it.

Would also like to remind that it's a temporary ban, not a permanent one. The reason they're so quick to use it is because presumably they believe it helps combat RMT and other harmful behavior, without permanently denying the user their account (at least initially). Its like a "the system says you did something naughty, so your account is locked til we know for sure you didn't" sort of thing, for which you'll also need to contact Sega to confirm you're the owner of the account. This is my assumption based on what I've read at least, so take it with a grain of salt.

The issue for us as foreigners is that this temp ban might as well be a permanent one, as they will almost certainly not bother to help at all once its determined you're a foreigner. This is an unsettling proposition and one that could contribute to people wanting a native version of the game just so they could have support that might actually give a shit (ignorance must be bliss...). That said, despite the number of posts about it recently it still seems to be a relatively rare occurance. Hard luck to those afflicted by it. :( Though the rumour is strong that it's primarily affecting SEA players, as far as I understand there still isn't really a determined common factor behind these bannings.

Searaphim
Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 AM
No because it seeming to mostly be focused on the region the peep is playing from in the first place.

Sorry, forgot to reply to your other post. I'm from Canada. I did use cyberkitsune's proxy though during the whole DDOS thing but thats quite a long while back.

Dyaems
Dec 6, 2015, 10:05 PM
I too, was 816'ed under the EXACT same circumstances. Anyone else 816'ed in the same way?

Me too. I got my 816 about 2 weeks ago while waiting for weekend 11am Magatsu, and I only played around ~2 weeks.

Friends who did not get 816 and I decided that it is because my IP keeps on changing and there is no way around it (I think) thanks to our local ISP. A friend also mentioned that her Team Leader got 816 the same way I did but...

Judging from odd JP blog posts I've seen when looking for error 816 information, yes the japanese can also randomly become victims of it.

Would also like to remind that it's a temporary ban, not a permanent one. The reason they're so quick to use it is because presumably they believe it helps combat RMT and other harmful behavior, without permanently denying the user their account (at least initially). Its like a "the system says you did something naughty, so your account is locked til we know for sure you didn't" sort of thing, for which you'll also need to contact Sega to confirm you're the owner of the account. This is my assumption based on what I've read at least, so take it with a grain of salt.

...mine is probably permanent since I have been waiting for 2 weeks now. And I already spent ~60USD (converted) in the game before SEGA decided to push the button :(

I'm mostly lurking hence my post count, and "ip blocked" by admins until recently which is apparently an issue back then.

ShinMegamiSensei
Dec 6, 2015, 10:19 PM
How good are your guys' connections? If you lag a lot it can look like speedhacking to them, you'll be placed under suspicion, and NORMALLY they'd inspect and see that you're just a laggy player, but instead they see a foreign IP and just ignore it, never unbanning.

I mean, the game is mostly client-sided, you can run from point a to point b on your pc, but if the server isn't caught up yet because of a bad connection, you'll suddenly be at point b in a rapid time (to the server's view).

This is just one of the possibilities, if your ping is good then ignore this. Some lag and have never been banned too, it's just unfortunate luck if they decide to look at you.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 10:59 PM
How good are your guys' connections? If you lag a lot it can look like speedhacking to them, you'll be placed under suspicion, and NORMALLY they'd inspect and see that you're just a laggy player, but instead they see a foreign IP and just ignore it, never unbanning.

I mean, the game is mostly client-sided, you can run from point a to point b on your pc, but if the server isn't caught up yet because of a bad connection, you'll suddenly be at point b in a rapid time (to the server's view).

This is just one of the possibilities, if your ping is good then ignore this. Some lag and have never been banned too, it's just unfortunate luck if they decide to look at you.
It might be speed "bug". (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231121)

[Ayumi]
Dec 7, 2015, 01:40 AM

I don't lag from Magatsu maybe 1% of the time I play it... the rest of the time I'm dead for maybe 2 mins before I notice and if it's a really bad night, maybe 5 mins before I notice...

It might be speed "bug". (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231121)

That seems... bad.
If someone saw that, I can easily see them considering that a hack.
I know if I saw something like that, I would think the person is a hacker and probably tell people to watch out for them.
I can see that happening to many people that don't know of the bug. (I didn't know until you linked that)

ShinMegamiSensei
Dec 7, 2015, 03:13 AM
Those webm ... That just looks like a plain ol' speedhack to me. If it's a real bug, then rip. That "bug" can't be an issue with lag, you will still run around normally on your own screen regardless of your connection, only your damage and location on the server's side will be frozen momentarily, while you walk around on your pc's side of things. Until things start to catch up and suddenly your damage pops up all at once.

Those videos may be similar to what others would see (though not as fast and perfectly timed to dodge the Persona's attacks) but not to the person recording. That's a very unusual bug. The recording also wouldn't show damage if it was lag related.

[Ayumi]
Dec 7, 2015, 10:57 AM
Those webm ... That just looks like a plain ol' speedhack to me. If it's a real bug, then rip. That "bug" can't be an issue with lag, you will still run around normally on your own screen regardless of your connection, only your damage and location on the server's side will be frozen momentarily, while you walk around on your pc's side of things. Until things start to catch up and suddenly your damage pops up all at once.

Those videos may be similar to what others would see (though not as fast and perfectly timed to dodge the Persona's attacks) but not to the person recording. That's a very unusual bug. The recording also wouldn't show damage if it was lag related.

The guy does say it happens after he lagged and then then loaded into an area which causes his movement to speed up.
But yeah... it doesn't look natural.
If whatever that "bug" is, and I somehow got it, I would just log out and log back in and jjust take the loss of items to collect as it looks like trouble if anyone saw me moving like that.

reaper527
Dec 11, 2015, 01:41 PM
so since this thread seems to be pretty dead at this point, is it safe to assume that the scare seems to have died down and things are back to normal?

Dammy
Dec 11, 2015, 02:46 PM
i know a guy who got 816'ed like 2-3 days ago
he is a newbie who started last week, used all the translations from tweaker, no other programs

Cyber Meteor
Dec 11, 2015, 06:43 PM
There is currently a Webmoney campaign involving physical card code as a reward, lasting until January 18, so if you're qualifying, you'll get banned if you're foreigner (or using a "fake" adress).
To (NOT) qualify, (DON'T) charge 5000 AC using the Webmoney option when you charge AC from your account. I'm not sure if you need to select the 5150 AC option exactly or just reaching 5000 AC using any other amount will count though :-?

http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/webmoney/01/

Shinamori
Dec 11, 2015, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing this doesn't include PSO2Es purchases?

Lunaea
Dec 16, 2015, 02:13 PM
I'm guessing this doesn't include PSO2Es purchases?

This doesn't have anything to do with PSO2es. WebMoney is different considering that you get a code that you have to put in, in order to get the AC.

At the bottom of the page it says: 他のお支払い方法でご購入いただいた場合は、対象となりませんのでご注意ください。

Translated, it's something like: If you use other forms of payment, you won't be qualified.