PDA

View Full Version : Datamined content: Even more goddamn Phantom enemies

Maenara
Nov 25, 2015, 11:59 PM
Only two new enemies, but they look particularly substantial.

Char19BT: Looks like an extremely highly scripted story mode enemy:
Char19BT:Scene_SummonPhantomManGun PhantomManGun dummy NoItemDrop Char19BT:Scene_SummonFanObj Char19_BT_Fan Char19BT:Scene_Obj_Enemy_Destruction Scene_Obj_Enemy_Destruction Char19BT:Scene_SummonPhantomManAssault PhantomManAssault Char19BT:BombPattern2 Char19BT:ObjFire Char19BT:Scene_SummonCameraObj Char19_BT_Camera Char19BT:Scene2_EventReadyA Char19BT:StateEventScene2 Char19BT:Scene_EventBeginCommonB Char19BT:SceneActive Char19BT:NoDamage_Scene2 Char19BT:NoDamageScene2 Char19BT:NoDamage_Scene3 Char19BT:NoDamageScene3 Char19BT:Scene_EventBeginCommonA Char19BT:SceneEventMotion Char19BT:Scene3_EventReadyA Char19BT:StateEventScene3 Char19BT:Scene2_EventReady Char19BT:StateEventSceneReady2 Char19BT:Scene3_EventReady Char19BT:StateEventSceneReady3 Char19BT:BombPattern1 Char19BT:ClapSlash Char19BT:EscapeKill Char19BT:Scene2_EventEnd Char19BT:RemoveScene2_Event Char19BT:ActiveBombPattern2 Char19BT:Scene3_EventEnd Char19BT:RemoveScene3_Event Char19BT_Fan:Pa_Wind eff_en_chr19_bt_wind01.aqe Fan Char19BT:Scene1_EventEnd Char19BT:RemoveScene1_Event Char19BT:RemoveStateEventSceneReady2 Char19BT:RemoveStateEventSceneReady3 Char19BT:DamegeBorderScene3Reaction Char19BT:DamegeBorderScene3 Char19BT:DebugScene1_EventReadyA Debug Char19BT:StateEventScene1 Char19BT:DebugScene1_EventReady RegenerateCameraObj Char19BT:DamegeBorderScene2Reaction Char19BT:DamegeBorderScene2 Char19BT:Scene1_EventBegin Char19BT:DebugRemoveSceneCondition Char19BT:DebugRemoveNoDamage Char19BT:NoDamageScene1 Char19BT:Scene2_EventBegin Char19BT:Scene3_EventBegin
Phantom Goddess: Name makes me think of a 12 person boss. Could be wrong. Interestingly, some of its attacks are named for world wonders.

PhantomGoddess:Punch PhantomGoddess:Tail PhantomGoddess:EyeBeam PhantomGoddess:Eiffelpoke3 PhantomGoddess:SevenShot PhantomGoddess:RouletteSpotlight PhantomGoddess:RoulettePillarOfFire PhantomGoddess:Pyramid PhantomGoddess:kEiffelLightUpBlow PhantomGoddess:kEiffelLightUpShot PhantomGoddess:Arch PhantomGoddess:Anger

Meteor Weapon
Nov 26, 2015, 12:02 AM
Inb4 Mother Brain confirmed

LonelyGaruga
Nov 26, 2015, 12:25 AM
Char19BT:Scene_SummonPhantomManGun
Char19BT:Scene_SummonPhantomManAssault

Gee what a shocker.

Phantom Goddess looks like a standard boss to me. Could be mid-boss though, Phantom Train was much more complex.

The real question is, who is Char19 (BT = name abbreviation)? Must be a new character.

Punisher106
Nov 26, 2015, 12:33 AM
inb4 shadows of Coral.

Maenara
Nov 26, 2015, 12:54 AM
Gee what a shocker.

Phantom Goddess looks like a standard boss to me. Could be mid-boss though, Phantom Train was much more complex.

The real question is, who is Char19 (BT = name abbreviation)? Must be a new character.

Phantom Goddess is the newest enemy, so it's possible it's only partially implemented. We saw the same with Dark Falz Apprentice Gia, who had more actions implemented at a later date to the first ones added to the data. At the same time, it's probably not a 12 person boss. Who knows.

And yeah, all Char# enemies use name abbreviations. BT stands for the name of a new NPC.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 26, 2015, 01:55 AM
That could be the case. Dunno though, something internally referred to as Phantom Goddess does sound like a big fight. Could be like Big Vardha where it gets its own EQ but is also an area boss, or it could indeed have a dedicated EQ.

Kinda kicking around the idea that the Phantom mobs are for Harkotan 3 actually. Since Double would appear to be dead, and the Kuronians were all clones manufactured by them, it would be improbable (but still possible) that Harkotan 3 would continue to have Kuronian enemies, so that leaves either a new enemy type or darkers (a la Ruins). One of the problems I have with the idea of a new planet is that normally the new planet would be announced at the same time as the new class. Since no planet was announced, it could be that there is no new planet.

But naturally there's still not enough information and there are many directions this could still go.

Maenara
Nov 26, 2015, 05:56 PM
Kinda kicking around the idea that the Phantom mobs are for Harkotan 3 actually. Since Double would appear to be dead, and the Kuronians were all clones manufactured by them, it would be improbable (but still possible) that Harkotan 3 would continue to have Kuronian enemies, so that leaves either a new enemy type or darkers (a la Ruins). One of the problems I have with the idea of a new planet is that normally the new planet would be announced at the same time as the new class. Since no planet was announced, it could be that there is no new planet.

Even if Harkotan 3 had a different set of enemies, why does Phantom Goddess have attacks named for the Eiffel Tower, the Great Pyramids, and Arch de Triomphe(Or St. Louis Arch, could be either)?

untrustful
Nov 26, 2015, 07:15 PM
PSO2 Episode 4: Earth Story.

(Insert message about war and peace here)

LonelyGaruga
Nov 26, 2015, 07:33 PM
Even if Harkotan 3 had a different set of enemies, why does Phantom Goddess have attacks named for the Eiffel Tower, the Great Pyramids, and Arch de Triomphe(Or St. Louis Arch, could be either)?

Could just be the shape of the attacks, a creation theme, or technology/science theme. Could just be seeing a nicknaming convention here, too. The other attacks don't really fit.

Hm, looking over all the Phantom enemies so far and dividing them into groups...

Animal:

Phantom Bear A
Phantom Bear B
Phantom Bird
Phantom Rat
Phantom Rat Rare
Phantom Rex
Phantom Rex Rare

Object:

Phantom Heli
Phantom Heli Rare
Phantom Roller Common
Phantom Roller Rare
Phantom Ship A
Phantom Tank
Phantom Train Common
Phantom Train Rare

Other:

Phantom Goddess
Phantom Man Assault
Phantom Man Gun

Phantom Goddess is probably related to Char19 BT, so once we know who that is it'll be easy to understand what's up there.

yoshiblue
Nov 26, 2015, 07:38 PM
Would be funny if this was a set up to make the cast photoners. Would also be interesting if BT was a photoner left behind.
http://i.imgur.com/hX6g5yZ.png?1

silo1991
Nov 26, 2015, 10:22 PM
phantom godness = magatsu type enemy :P

Maenara
Nov 26, 2015, 10:44 PM
phantom godness = magatsu type enemy :P

Magatsu is GreatEvil, in the data.

Ales
Nov 27, 2015, 12:00 AM
This shouid have spoiler tag next time :-P

Selphea
Nov 27, 2015, 03:07 AM
Magatsu is GreatEvil, in the data.

99% sure this is Mother Brain, considering the references to Earth and all.

PD is a (extensively) reskinned Elder and Loser, so I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Goddess is a huge humanoid with multiple breakables and lots of jump pads, ARKS boosts and conveniently-placed high ground involved.

KLMS1
Nov 27, 2015, 03:12 AM
Char19BT sounds like some obscure interwar French tank design.
Or I have just been playing too much WoT. >.>

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 03:21 AM
99% sure this is Mother Brain, considering the references to Earth and all.

PD is a (extensively) reskinned Elder and Loser, so I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Goddess is a huge humanoid with multiple breakables and lots of jump pads, ARKS boosts and conveniently-placed high ground involved.

PD isn't a reskinned Elder/Loser by any means...well, whatever.

The biggest distinction for Magatsu is that it is the only enemy with the naming convention of GreatEvil. No other Great nor Evil enemies exist, while there's a whole line of Phantom enemies that roughly correspond to a new area. Char19 BT might be related to Mother Brain, which might mean Phantom Goddess and all the other Phantom enemies are related to Mother Brain by extension, but it's hard to say here. Hell, Char19 BT themselves might be Mother Brain or something inspired by it. It's really hard to say, although normally Char enemies are specifically just humanoid characters (like Apprentice Doppelganger, Matoi Viel, etc).

Incidentally, can anyone confirm if Mother Brain's Japanese name is also Mother Brain, or is it something else? Right now my joke guesses as to what BT abbreviates for is Brother (Mother, Daughter, Brother, why not?), or that the B stands for Brain. Would be useful to check what the Japanese name is, since obviously that's what would be used for reference here.

raialeus
Nov 27, 2015, 03:44 AM
I can confirm that the JPN name for Mother Brain is in fact, also Mother Brain
It's in Katakana, written as マザーブレイン

yoshiblue
Nov 27, 2015, 03:54 AM
Incidentally, can anyone confirm if Mother Brain's Japanese name is also Mother Brain, or is it something else? Right now my joke guesses as to what BT abbreviates for is Brother (Mother, Daughter, Brother, why not?), or that the B stands for Brain. Would be useful to check what the Japanese name is, since obviously that's what would be used for reference here.

Well, if they're going with a PSZ vibe. I guess it could be a Brother Trinity. Big Bro is watching you.

wefwq
Nov 27, 2015, 05:21 AM
Should have rename the thread or something "next time" just so people who care about sort of thing doesn't feel they just spoiled and get mad in here.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 09:23 AM
Datamined content is inherently future content. Tagging as spoiler is redundant.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 12:57 PM
The problem with it is that it's unavoidable spoilers when you put what's datamined in the thread name. What you should do is simply say "Datamined content [m/d/y]" so that people aren't spoiled simply by checking General.

With how many complaints you get from this, I'm surprised you still even put the spoilers in the thread name in the first place.

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2015, 12:58 PM
Future content that can still be twisted and changed before actual release*

Poyonche
Nov 27, 2015, 01:00 PM
Well, this isn't like the datamined content was about "Datamined Content : Matoi will get killed by en_bigrock.ice". :wacko:

Though the thing about saying "New Datamined Content" or -see LonelyGarongo post- is a good idea.

Also they are starting to implement DF Apprentice textures, TD4 tutorial pictures and next matterboard's event chronicles pictures.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 01:11 PM
Internal names aren't spoilers and never will be. The name 'Phantom Goddess' tells us nothing about the enemy other than that it's presumably female, and 'Char19BT' says nothing about the enemy except that it's humanoid, a fact that you wouldn't even know unless you frequent data mined content threads in the first place. The thread title tells us nothing except that there will be a female enemy and a humanoid enemy in the future and that was a given no matter what.

To give you an idea of how little an internal name actually necessarily had to do with an enemy, Quartz Dragon is internally Blizzard Dragon.

I'm not going to cater to the 'every detail is a spoiler' crowd. A forum for a game they don't want any details about whatsoever is the worst place to be.

untrustful
Nov 27, 2015, 01:23 PM
Oh wait dammit, now know this phantom goddess is gonna play an important role in the story...dammit

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 01:25 PM
The thread title tells us nothing except that there will be a female enemy and a humanoid enemy in the future and that was a given no matter what.

I'm not going to cater to the 'every detail is a spoiler' crowd.

Datamined content: New class - Summoner

Datamined content: Moves of DF Apprentice, Corrupt AIS, DF Double, Profound Darkness

Datamined content: Dark Falz Apprentice, new enemy race(Phantom)

Who wants to help render Dark Falz Abyss?

Datamined content: Dark Falz Double, Ultimate Bird Darkers, New Falz

Datamined content: The Profound Darkness [Story Spoilers]

Datamined content: Mining Base Defense 4, Challenge Quest 2, and more

Datamined content: Gal Gryphon, Ultimate Amduscia, additional stuff

Datamined information: Two unreleased skills, ultimate fish darkers, Harkotan 2

Datamined information: Ultimate Lillipa, [Double]'s Hunar form upcoming

"Ultimate Naberius" datamined area

Yeah I guess you really don't care about spoilering people. Every single one of these thread names contained spoilers.

Funnily, one of your first threads (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210145) was a perfect example of what should be done.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah I guess you really don't care about spoilering people. Every single one of these thread names contained spoilers.

Funnily, one of your first threads (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210145) was a perfect example of what should be done.

I don't care. People can get over it.

sesiom000
Nov 27, 2015, 05:20 PM
Again with that spoiler bullshit?
You guys really need to step outside of your precious echo chamber if your offended by a simple code name of an upcoming mob...Grow the fuck up seriously...
Besides PSO Team always shows upcoming stuff from 2 or 3 months ahead so your just being a douchebag towards Maenara and want to make a fuss out of nothing...

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 05:38 PM
You know something? Yeah I don't care about spoilers and whatnot. What I do care about is being polite. Some people do care about this stuff and there is absolutely no reason not to cater to them. What the hell is even so hard about naming the thread in a way that avoids spoiling anything at all? For what purpose does the thread have to have the datamined content in the name? Why is that so necessary? It's not necessary in the slightest.

So it's simple selfishness to continue doing it. Mae obviously does not care about anyone other then herself here. There's nothing to defend here either.

Let me put it like this: You go to a theater excited for a new movie. You followed all the trailers and are really looking forward to seeing the full thing, but couldn't make it to the first showing. So while you're waiting in line for the second showing, some guy that did make it for the first showing yells out spoilers about the most crucial scene in the movie. The enjoyment of the movie isn't totally destroyed, since you can still see how the movie builds up to it, but that was a completely unnecessary thing to have done and there was no justifiable reason for that person to have done that to you. All they had to do is keep their mouth shut while leaving the theater.

What Mae does with these threads is pretty much just like that.

Poyonche
Nov 27, 2015, 05:42 PM
Looks like this thread is another good example for the theorem of Maeruga which says that when Maenara and LonelyGaruga meet on a thread, they end up fighting.

I'll receive my reward later. :wacko:

Zanverse
Nov 27, 2015, 05:48 PM
Aaaaaaanyway.

So was there any new BGM-related things that were datamined? I'm pretty much only interested in that.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 05:48 PM
Actually, this is like saying character X is associated with scene Y in that movie scenario. You don't know who this character X is, outside of the name, and you don't know how crucial scene Y is in the movie.

We don't know what the Phantom Goddess is. All we know is the names of some of its abilities and that it will be associated with the same area that previous Phantom enemies were associated with. We don't even know if it has anything to do with the story(Though the fact that an update brought the data out for it quite some time after the final phantom enemy was added points to the idea that it does).

---

Back on topic, for some reason PhantomGoddess, combined with attacks named for world wonders, makes me think of Bayonetta. I have no idea why.

Zanverse
Nov 27, 2015, 05:52 PM
Back on topic, for some reason PhantomGoddess, combined with attacks named for world wonders, makes me think of Bayonetta. I have no idea why.

When I think of PhantomGoddess, I imagine something along the lines of Jubileus or something.

Poyonche
Nov 27, 2015, 06:00 PM
Related to PSO's universe, Phantom Goddess makes me think to Mother Trinity.

Didn't found any music files btw.

Zanverse
Nov 27, 2015, 06:03 PM
Related to PSO's universe, Phantom Goddess makes me think to Mother Trinity.

Didn't found any music files btw.

Awh man. I would've expected TD4's BGM to be in the game by now. Maybe next update, I guess.

sesiom000
Nov 27, 2015, 06:18 PM
You followed all the trailers and are really looking forward to seeing the full thing

So trailers are ok for you but names aren't ??

Hahahahahahahahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Q0PcEzmnY

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
Looks like this thread is another good example for the theorem of Maeruga which says that when Maenara and LonelyGaruga meet on a thread, they end up fighting.

I'll receive my reward later. :wacko:

I argue with anyone I find to be stupid. There's really nothing special about it and I find the jokes about this to be highly infantile. Please knock it off.

Actually, this is like saying character X is associated with scene Y in that movie scenario. You don't know who this character X is, outside of the name, and you don't know how crucial scene Y is in the movie.

Way to miss my point. My point is that there's no reason for you to have put the datamined content in the thread name, but you did it anyway. And similarly, there's no reason not to avoid putting in the datamined content in the thread name, so why are you deliberately not doing that? Besides "I don't care", that's the problem in the first place.

And be honest, if we did know who it was, or had a reasonable assumption, you would have put the name in, just like you did for Profound Darkness, Dark Falz Double and Apprentice. So this isn't a reasonable defense at all. The only reason you didn't is because you can't.

So trailers are ok for you but names aren't ??

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not even going to dignify this with a proper reply.

Flaoc
Nov 27, 2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dgbg.gif

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 07:01 PM
Yadayadayada

Quit trying to make this topic about 'spoilers'. Bottom line is that I'm done and don't care. Talk about the topic at hand.

Also, to whichever moderator came in and edited my title: Seriously? Some random person with 0 posts makes an account and tells me to change my thread title, and you bend over sideways to do it for them? Cool.

TheLadyRena
Nov 27, 2015, 07:10 PM
Spoilers are plot reveals. We learned that an internally named, not-yet-implemented enemy might be story related...except, in the thread, which you have to click on and actively read to learn that.

There's no plot reveal in mentioning new enemy races. There's no plot reveal here at all. None of the things discussed here are even approaching proper spoilers, so there's no need to tag it.

As to the comparisons to movies - you wanna know what this is REALLY really like?

It's like mentioning that you're surprised at how the Big Bad got taken down. The Big Bad being taken down is a foregone conclusion - it's just GOING to happen, the only questions are how and when. Being told that the Big Bad gets taken down is technically a spoiler, but you already knew, by virtue of it being a foregone conclusion in the first place.

You are not told anything more than something you already knew was coming. In this case, you get told a teensy bit more than you already knew. Obviously SEGA will be releasing new content, and some of that new content will have to be new types of enemies to keep players playing. Obviously new enemies means new bosses at some point, and yeah, some of those bosses are gonna look to be story related.

So far, unless you've been actively reading the thread, you have not learned anything worth calling a spoiler. Even before the forced topic change.

Lonely, I respect the wish to respect others' spoiler avoidance, but in this instance it was seriously misguided, mate. There are no spoilers in the topic title, and never were.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2015, 07:37 PM
Spoilers are plot reveals.

If you go by such a narrow (and admittedly, traditionally used) definition of what a spoiler is, sure, but if you define it as any type of future content that has yet to be implemented, then it qualifies. Gameplay spoilers are a thing.

It is of course a given that new enemy types, new quests, and etc would be implemented as time goes on, but what kind of enemies is kind of a spoiler. Granted, yeah, it's diminished here because Mae's done like 3-4 threads about Phantom enemies already, and the Phantom designation doesn't tell us much about the new enemies, but the point is that this information is not necessary to put in the title thread and gives away some information about future content. It's more about the principle for this particular instance.

I wouldn't even bother with it if it weren't for the fact that some people do object to this and Mae's previous threads have been absolutely rife with important spoilers like the Profound Darkness, TD4 having corrupted A.I.S. (did you hear the JPs oohing when the TD trailer was shown on livestream? That was a big one), etc. Mae also has no issue putting major spoilers in thread titles for newly implemented story quests, like 3-6's segment inside [Double], which also had its title edited by a moderator.

So while this particular instance is hardly spoilerific, Mae's obviously going to keep putting any spoilers that can be found in thread titles and doesn't care about the previous spoilerific thread names, so this is just going to keep happening unless Mae sucks it up and stops putting spoilers in thread titles.

And I'm still looking for an answer to this question: What is the point in putting anything that was datamined in the thread name? Why is that preferable to simply putting a date on it or something equally non-indicative of what was datamined? Even just saying "New enemies" or "new area" would be ambiguous enough to be fine. So why be specific? Anyone that would want to know would click on the thread anyway, and anyone that doesn't want to know would indeed be given information that is a given. Of course there will be new enemies and new areas in future content, so that's a safe thing to say.

So far I'm not seeing any justification as to why putting anything that could be remotely spoilerish in thread title names is the right thing to do. It's fine and all to argue that it wasn't wrong, but was it right, and was it more right than simply saying something like "Datamined content: 11/25/2015 patch"?

Sayara
Nov 27, 2015, 07:59 PM
Quit trying to make this topic about 'spoilers'. Bottom line is that I'm done and don't care. Talk about the topic at hand.

Also, to whichever moderator came in and edited my title: Seriously? Some random person with 0 posts makes an account and tells me to change my thread title, and you bend over sideways to do it for them? Cool.

You can bring that up with the moderator who modified the title in a PM rather than get another hissy hiss about it or something.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 08:08 PM
You can bring that up with the moderator who modified the title in a PM rather than get another hissy hiss about it or something.

I would if it said which moderator did. It doesn't.

Xaelouse
Nov 27, 2015, 08:17 PM
We can still go "ooh" or "woow" when they actually show the content. Broadcasts are usually full of surprises that even dataminers can't determine.

The small minority actually complaining should just ignore forums or something.

Zanverse
Nov 27, 2015, 08:35 PM
Why do you even click on the thread if you claim that datamining threads are spoilers? It makes absolutely no sense.

A new enemy is datamined. No official name or design. No one knows what exactly it is. It's not like Mae slapped on a huge picture of the model of the enemies or their contribution to the story, yet you're complaining about it being a "spoiler".

Tell me; what exactly is the title spoiling?

Christ, if it's really such a big deal, simply ignore the thread completely. Don't even look in it. All this is, is just speculation.

simply saying something like "Datamined content: 11/25/2015 patch"?

Yeeeaahh, scrap everything I just said. Everyone would probably shut up if the title would be a simple as this.

oratank
Nov 27, 2015, 09:51 PM
spoil phobia is really disgusting, very

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 27, 2015, 10:05 PM
Just put *SPOILERS* Datamined Content: (date) in the title. Put it before everything so everyone knows what they're getting into.

Shinamori
Nov 27, 2015, 10:38 PM
I think by now we all should know that anything with the term "Datamined" should be counted as spoilers.

Ahri
Nov 27, 2015, 10:40 PM
Many people see weeping in this forum, I personally come to the forum to see the "hidden" updates, here are double standards since it was posted earlier to come and hardly complain ?.

PS: English is not my native language and use the translator who apparently is not accurate :/

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 28, 2015, 05:39 AM
I think by now we all should know that anything with the term "Datamined" should be counted as spoilers.

Yes, exactly. But why are people still complaining when they see "Datamined"? Means they don't understand what it is.

KazukiQZ
Nov 28, 2015, 05:48 AM
^The complaint is more on the thread title that had spoiler-ish thing even before entering the thread discussion.

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 28, 2015, 05:51 AM
^The complaint is more on the thread title that had spoiler-ish thing even before entering the thread discussion.

I see. It got changed to a more appropriate title containing a curse word. Thanks mods!

KazukiQZ
Nov 28, 2015, 06:02 AM
^Well, to be fair, the cursing word is already in the original title, so... xD

TheLadyRena
Nov 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
If you go by such a narrow (and admittedly, traditionally used) definition of what a spoiler is, sure, but if you define it as any type of future content that has yet to be implemented, then it qualifies. Gameplay spoilers are a thing.
And we have received no visual data on the new content, so there's no gamplay spoilers here. I'm aware of them, and I decided to disregard them because they're irrelevant.

I also would like to clarify that no, I don't consider them gameplay spoilers when we're running on subject-to-change data and names. All the juicy, more spoilery things were kept inside the thread, and in this instance I really do have to say..."Phantom enemy and Phantom enemy B" is hardly a terrible terrible spoiler. Considering they might not even end up phantom themed in particular.

It is of course a given that new enemy types, new quests, and etc would be implemented as time goes on, but what kind of enemies is kind of a spoiler. Granted, yeah, it's diminished here because Mae's done like 3-4 threads about Phantom enemies already, and the Phantom designation doesn't tell us much about the new enemies, but the point is that this information is not necessary to put in the title thread and gives away some information about future content. It's more about the principle for this particular instance.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this, especially as stated before, these are internal names. They do not necessarily reflect anything about the actual, released content - referencing again to the person who pointed out that Quartz Dragon's internal name is BlizzardDragon. All you learn here is "wow a dragon", and anyone who goes in to Phantasy Star thinking that a Dragon-type boss is a spoiler is off their rocker.

I wouldn't even bother with it if it weren't for the fact that some people do object to this and Mae's previous threads have been absolutely rife with important spoilers like the Profound Darkness, TD4 having corrupted A.I.S. (did you hear the JPs oohing when the TD trailer was shown on livestream? That was a big one), etc. Mae also has no issue putting major spoilers in thread titles for newly implemented story quests, like 3-6's segment inside [Double], which also had its title edited by a moderator.

Profound Darkness was a surprise, but now that it's happened, I can't say I'm surprised. SEGA's got multiple Falzes running around - anyone who's played some of the original four, or even knows a bit about them, could've told you it was possible PD would appear. While it might be a little rude, I'd hardly call it a spoiler.

TD4 itself, not big surprise, REALLY not a spoiler. Another TD is a little unexpected at first, but still sensible. They're loving those quests.

I didn't watch the livestream, so no, I wasn't aware of that. Story spoilers are the only thing in this block that I am even all that concerned about, really. That's rude, but it's also one of the few things we can actually complain about as spoilers here.

So while this particular instance is hardly spoilerific, Mae's obviously going to keep putting any spoilers that can be found in thread titles and doesn't care about the previous spoilerific thread names, so this is just going to keep happening unless Mae sucks it up and stops putting spoilers in thread titles.

If it's hardly spoilerific here, then the discussion doesn't have a place in this thread. The way I see it - which is apparently the way the Mods see it - spoilers get edited out of thread titles, so either Mae stops putting spoilers in thread titles or the mods do it for em. You're going to get what you want either way here, mate. You have already won.

And I'm still looking for an answer to this question: What is the point in putting anything that was datamined in the thread name? Why is that preferable to simply putting a date on it or something equally non-indicative of what was datamined? Even just saying "New enemies" or "new area" would be ambiguous enough to be fine. So why be specific? Anyone that would want to know would click on the thread anyway, and anyone that doesn't want to know would indeed be given information that is a given. Of course there will be new enemies and new areas in future content, so that's a safe thing to say.
I'm not trying to answer that question is why you're still looking.

So far I'm not seeing any justification as to why putting anything that could be remotely spoilerish in thread title names is the right thing to do. It's fine and all to argue that it wasn't wrong, but was it right, and was it more right than simply saying something like "Datamined content: 11/25/2015 patch"?
I haven't been trying to justify it. I agree that it would be more polite. I still stand by that in this instance, there's no real need to. Anything you MIGHT call spoilers from the old title were seriously minor - you needed to read the thread for clarification, as they were pretty much out of context entirely.

With that all said...I'm not gonna continue talkin' about this here. I don't want to derail the thread any more than it already has been. Feel free to PM me if there's something else to address, alright?

Maenara
Nov 28, 2015, 01:35 PM
I see. It got changed to a more appropriate title containing a curse word. Thanks mods!

'Goddamn', a curse word? What are you, 12?

Poyonche
Nov 28, 2015, 01:53 PM
According to Event Chronicle's pictures : [SPOILER]We will fight Anga in the upcoming Story Quest. [/SPOILER-BOX]

KLMS1
Nov 28, 2015, 01:57 PM

12, goofy pls. I was passing on much more colourful language to my lil' bro after like two days in preschool. :^)

Superia
Nov 29, 2015, 01:18 AM

How would their age affect the definition of a word defined long ago by reputable dictionaries?

Maenara
Dec 9, 2015, 01:26 AM
Bumping this thread so people can avoid maximum overspoilers from internal data :^( :

00800bcb4e790060f5a47b85fbc2acd0.ice was updated to include entries for Char19BT and Phantom Goddess(It didn't have them previously).

Char19_BT  Test:Char19_BT m enemy/en_char19_bt_eff.ice,enemy/en_char19_bt_common.ice,enemy/en_char19_bt_a.ice,enemy/en_char19_bt_wpn.ice  enemy/en_char19_bt_a.ice  Char19_BT_Camera 9 enemy/en_char19_bt_eff.ice,enemy/en_char19_bt_camera.ice  enemy/en_char19_bt_camera.ice  Char19_BT_Fan 6 enemy/en_char19_bt_eff.ice,enemy/en_char19_bt_fan.ice  enemy/en_char19_bt_fan.ice  PhantomGoddess X enemy/en_ptm_goddess_eff.ice,enemy/en_ptm_goddess_common.ice,enemy/en_ptm_goddess_a.ice  enemy/en_ptm_goddess_a.ice  PhCommon  PhantomGoddessRare [ enemy/en_ptm_goddess_eff.ice,enemy/en_ptm_goddess_common.ice,enemy/en_ptm_goddess_rare.ice  enemy/en_ptm_goddess_rare.ice 

Nothing groundbreaking. Phantom Goddess has a rare version. Char19BT is actually... a lot of different enemies? Under the same name, of course. The Profound Darkness is actually three different enemies under the same name, one enemy for phase one and two, another for the humanoid phase, and a third for the solo duel. Char19BT appears to made up of four different technical enemies.

TaigaUC
Dec 9, 2015, 02:18 AM
Oh snap, Char19BT! Spoilers!

Zanverse
Dec 9, 2015, 07:44 AM
Anything new from the update?

Maenara
Dec 9, 2015, 07:46 AM
Anything new from the update?

Nothing aside from what I just posted, which is only a slight bit more information on previously known enemies.

Zanverse
Dec 9, 2015, 07:52 AM
Nothing aside from what I just posted, which is only a slight bit more information on previously known enemies.

Awh, fuu. I was expecting at least something related to TD4 would be in the files by now.

Maenara
Dec 9, 2015, 07:57 AM
Awh, fuu. I was expecting at least something related to TD4 would be in the files by now.

Generally speaking they only slip large files like music in with large updates. This means that the only time you actually get music files ahead of time is when one large update directly follows another, or you have a prepatch.

Zanverse
Dec 9, 2015, 08:00 AM
Generally speaking they only slip large files like music in with large updates. This means that the only time you actually get music files ahead of time is when one large update directly follows another, or you have a prepatch.

Ohhhh, I see. Thanks makes sense...