PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack: Harukotan

TaigaUC
Nov 27, 2015, 03:13 PM
So what's everyone think of this exciting new content?

Kondibon
Nov 27, 2015, 03:16 PM
I have yet to play it because my computer needs to be in an elderly home, but I watched a video and I can say without a doubt that it indeed more free weekly money.

vaerix
Nov 27, 2015, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of Dynasty Warriors. Or Super Smash Bros.' Multi-Man mode. It's a little weird, but I'm definitely a fan.

Raujinn
Nov 27, 2015, 03:25 PM
We got a permanent Arks GP style quest I guess. It seems to be simple, but I like it enough. It is different to the other Time Attacks, I'll give it that. I wouldn't have minded a dungeon crawl like Naberius 2 and Sanctum, but I guess the Cmode GP quest is sort of this already, though alas that one isn't permanent. :c

Qualia
Nov 27, 2015, 03:30 PM
It's super easy money on my main, but my undergeared alts get wrecked on SH.

Charmeleon
Nov 27, 2015, 03:30 PM
I think it's GREAT!

Also makes for easier mod farming (through abduction) if you're into that.

Saffran
Nov 27, 2015, 03:33 PM
It's very underwhelming.
Feels like one of those stupid stages later on in the tower (defeat 99 enemies in 99 seconds)

TaigaUC
Nov 27, 2015, 03:51 PM
I guess I'm okay with it, just wish it gave EXP or something.

I tried using it for the Chandra stone Hans order. Only counted for about 32 Kuronians.
So, I guess if you do the TA once (takes about 5 minutes with 2 people) you can just go to free and kill spiderwoman.
Might be faster than running around hoping Kuronians actually spawn.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 04:59 PM
Each new time attack has been less complex than the last, so I suppose this is the logical conclusion to the time attack saga.

Lillipa II is probably going to literally just be a versus Big Vardha.

Rayden
Nov 27, 2015, 05:13 PM
It's fun, but way too short. Takes about a minute or two to clear the entire TA. It should be 20 times as long.

Kondibon
Nov 27, 2015, 05:15 PM
I'm just glad there might be a decent way to test out a build, without lots of running around, if XH TAs come out.

jooozek
Nov 27, 2015, 05:33 PM
purely a weekly taco fodder? fuck that shit :wacko:

Strobo_Lemon
Nov 27, 2015, 05:43 PM
Extra money, on top of being easy to clear with a party. What's not to like?

It would be harder to solo for undergeared players though. I think this TA forces you to group up with somebody since it'll take much longer otherwise.

Achelousaurus
Nov 27, 2015, 05:59 PM
Each new time attack has been less complex than the last, so I suppose this is the logical conclusion to the time attack saga.

Lillipa II is probably going to literally just be a versus Big Vardha.
XD

Anyway, not as bad as I expected. I thought we would have to make an effort and then get only the co in return.

But it's very short and very easy. Went in blind with 2 others, one of them undergeared and no problem at all.

It's still as retarded as ever that we don't get rewards (mainly the reasoning behind it) but I don't mind doing this every week for tacos. Quite fun just going apeshit and slaughtering everything.
Been really, really missing these quests.
I used to spam those quests in PSOBB (like Endless Nightmare, War of Attrition, Phantasmal World, Max Attack, etc.)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 27, 2015, 07:19 PM
It's fun, but way too short. Takes about a minute or two to clear the entire TA.
It should be 20 times as long.

God no.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 07:20 PM
If no one else noticed, the quest has nerfed enemy for no good reason. Like this was the thing that needed an artificial decrease in difficulty.

Xaelouse
Nov 27, 2015, 07:31 PM
It's fun...if you're sword HU

Maenara
Nov 27, 2015, 07:32 PM
It's fun...if you're sword HU

It was fun for melee gunslash and twin daggers, too.

Punisher106
Nov 27, 2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7Cp91aUeM

more or less this.

Hysteria1987
Nov 27, 2015, 10:00 PM
I didn't mind it, how the spawns worked reminded me a lot of the old PSO, like the last room of PW#3. Granted, I only soloed it, so it might be less crowded for 4 players, but if SEGA were to make a full quest and stick a room full of stuff like that at the end, that'd be my kind of thing.

Tunga
Nov 27, 2015, 10:09 PM
Finally tried out the new TA with BoHu. Zondeel, MH and Shrike/Gale makes it pretty entertaining.

milranduil
Nov 27, 2015, 10:17 PM
If no one else noticed, the quest has nerfed enemy for no good reason. Like this was the thing that needed an artificial decrease in difficulty.

yeah I don't understand why they did this lol.. they're already lv 70 enemies only, why drop their hp too???

nguuuquaaa
Nov 27, 2015, 11:05 PM
Tried soloing it with TE/HU. First time, spent ~14 minutes. 4 minutes for actual combat and 10 minutes to chase the three f***ing bosses :(
I hate this TA :(

reaper527
Nov 28, 2015, 12:01 AM
i can't see the point to this taco.

it requires sh yet it gives the same meseta rewards as vopar (which can be done on N), which in turn is already less than the vh tacos

it doesn't have enough enemies to clear the 70 kuron kills c/o, so it's not good for that.

it has gal griffon, but without the ability to drop anything, and sega made his c/o only allow lambdas to be given once.

i could live with the no exp/drops if they raised the reward on the c/o, or made it so we could just run that every week for 160k meseta + 3 lambdas + 3 chandra stones, but as it stands now, it's useless :(

TaigaUC
Nov 28, 2015, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I thought the enemies seemed nerfed.
I hate the rolling guy so much, and killed the toy guy so many times in T&T I'm sick of him.

It's easily soloable with strong Friend Partners. I just use my Il Foie FPs and everything dies.

GHNeko
Nov 28, 2015, 01:22 AM
i like it because its good for testing things without having to run around to find a mob or go to boss room.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 28, 2015, 05:05 AM
Tried soloing it with TE/HU. First time, spent ~14 minutes. 4 minutes for actual combat and 10 minutes to chase the three f***ing bosses :(
I hate this TA :(How does it even take 14 minutes when you have Zondeel + Wand smack (or just Zondeel in general)?! The very first time I did it, I decided to do a test run of SH with my under-leveled, Knux-only, for-fun character, and it only took 7 minutes...

This is a character that I never do TACOs with, since I feel it'll just drag the rest of the party down. Now I can just solo this TA once a week with this character for an extra 390k. So I welcome this TA.

i could live with the no exp/drops if they raised the reward on the c/o, or made it so we could just run that every week for 160k meseta + 3 lambdas + 3 chandra stones, but as it stands now, it's useless :(It's an extra 160k meseta for like 3 minutes of playtime, given that you do it with a group of 3+.
In fact, a 5 VH + Wopal N + Kuron SH run can take less time to complete than the former 4 VH + Sanctum SH + Wopal N run, since the time you save with downgrading Sanctum to VH could be more than the time it takes to even do the new TA.
Yet, it yields an extra 160k despite taking less time. But if additional free meseta is "useless", then feel free to skip it, I guess...

milranduil
Nov 28, 2015, 05:39 AM
since the time you save with downgrading Sanctum to VH could be more than the time it takes to even do the new TA.

?????????????

KLMS1
Nov 28, 2015, 05:43 AM
Fuck you, Hotwheels. Fuck you with a rake.

OTOH you get that rare swag-centaur mob you otherwise don't run into much - COs, ho!

wefwq
Nov 28, 2015, 06:25 AM
I dunno, it's easy as fuck since everything spawned right in front of my face, might be great for testing few stuff out like PA combinations, new weapons, teches, etc. that need lots of killing.
I wouldn't say it "fun" but, it's kinda neat having this kind of quest.

milranduil
Nov 28, 2015, 09:07 AM
current duo time for those actually interested in time
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/lBG5H/09afef5d1f.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Alucard V
Nov 28, 2015, 10:38 AM
It's nothing more then an endurance trial with no EXP and no drops to speak of. Time Attack use to be worth it for the complexity. It was something you needed a party for so you grabbed your friends and dove in head first. That's why TACOs had such a big pay out to begin with. If this is a sign of the quality of content we're going to see from now on I might move on to something like Blade & Soul.

nguuuquaaa
Nov 28, 2015, 10:40 AM
How does it even take 14 minutes when you have Zondeel + Wand smack (or just Zondeel in general)

And I just said most of the time is spent on chasing the bosses.
I have no problem with mobs whatsoever, but the bosses, the f***ing bosses, they keep avoiding me whenever I try getting near, EVERY - F***ING - TIME.

Maybe further runs will prove different, but this first impression is just horrible :(

Achelousaurus
Nov 28, 2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah ._.
Bosses like hotwheels and gryphon are a bitch to fight with melee.

it requires sh yet it gives the same meseta rewards as vopar (which can be done on N), which in turn is already less than the vh tacos

it doesn't have enough enemies to clear the 70 kuron kills c/o, so it's not good for that.

it has gal griffon, but without the ability to drop anything, and sega made his c/o only allow lambdas to be given once.

i could live with the no exp/drops if they raised the reward on the c/o, or made it so we could just run that every week for 160k meseta + 3 lambdas + 3 chandra stones, but as it stands now, it's useless :(
I bitched about that before, it's really just a testament to Sega having no fucking idea what they are doing, why they should or shouldn't do things and what players want.

I didn't mind it, how the spawns worked reminded me a lot of the old PSO, like the last room of PW#3. Granted, I only soloed it, so it might be less crowded for 4 players, but if SEGA were to make a full quest and stick a room full of stuff like that at the end, that'd be my kind of thing.
That's the fun part. Far too few PSO2 quests let you go wild and have a blast slaughtering everything.
We are even more OP in this game than we were in PSO 1 but we don't have any of the epic massacre quests like Endless Nightmare or Phantasmal Worlds.
We can only hope for PSE Bursts.

GHNeko
Nov 28, 2015, 02:21 PM
?????????????

He's saying that SH Sanctum takes more time than VH Sanctum and SH Kuron, so now by playing VH Sanctum and SH Kuron, overall your TAs should take less time than before.

RealKillaK
Nov 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
He's saying that SH Sanctum takes more time than VH Sanctum and SH Kuron, so now by playing VH Sanctum and SH Kuron, overall your TAs should take less time than before.

Personally TAs Like Altar/Nab2 i feel take longer on VH due to slower mob movement (omg A1 Nab2 is so long ) but all my characters are geared so I can see the issue if you do 1 damage.

Raujinn
Nov 28, 2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah echoing that sentiment, I find SH Nab2 and Sanctum quicker than VH due to AI runspeed. I mean if you're in a random group of people you're probably not going to get to manipulate the enemy AI in a controlled manner anyway, so pugging VH could be faster than doing it on SH, idk.

TaigaUC
Nov 28, 2015, 02:58 PM
Sometimes the game lags and stuff doesn't spawn for a while.
I generally don't like to do anything below SH specifically because of enemy run speed.
Sanctum SH is an easy way to clear a ton of ~20-30k EXP orders, so it's convenient for that reason.

What is the proper way of killing rolling asshole? I feel like I don't have a quick way to annihilate him.

@mil
Why do you only have 335/1000 points? Was it still in mid-calculation or something?

isCasted
Nov 28, 2015, 03:03 PM
@mil
Why do you only have 335/1000 points? Was it still in mid-calculation or something?

It doesn't show the rank letter even, so yeah. The window is also semi-transparent.

TaigaUC
Nov 28, 2015, 03:05 PM
Okay, thanks. Was wondering if there was some kind of trick.

milranduil
Nov 28, 2015, 03:12 PM
yeah i just screened it as soon as i entered camp. no trick.

Asuka~
Nov 28, 2015, 03:59 PM
yeah buddy

Perfect Chaos
Nov 28, 2015, 04:36 PM
Yeah echoing that sentiment, I find SH Nab2 and Sanctum quicker than VH due to AI runspeed. I mean if you're in a random group of people you're probably not going to get to manipulate the enemy AI in a controlled manner anyway, so pugging VH could be faster than doing it on SH, idk.Yeah, I'm talking about running TACOs with randoms, since when I do TAs purely for money, I hardly ever do it with anyone that I know.
So from my limited experience with the new TACO method with randoms, it seems faster than the old method.

What is the proper way of killing rolling asshole? I feel like I don't have a quick way to annihilate him.If you break a breakable part of his before he starts rolling around, then periodically break other parts to keep him stun-locked while damaging him, then you don't have to deal with his annoying (t)rolling.

TheszNuts
Nov 28, 2015, 04:43 PM
I pug with JPs, my sh sanc is 5 minutes most.

TaigaUC
Nov 28, 2015, 05:13 PM
I think my best solo SH Sanctum time is about ~7-8? minutes. Needless to say, it's easy with fancy gear.
Only sometimes I get killed by stupid crap when using Limit Break, or I lock onto Quartz's nose and can't see anything. It's better to not lock onto his nose.

BTW, thanks for the tips.

milranduil
Nov 28, 2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I'm talking about running TACOs with randoms, since when I do TAs purely for money, I hardly ever do it with anyone that I know.
So from my limited experience with the new TACO method with randoms, it seems faster than the old method.

idk what's happening to make sh altar take 2min longer than vh altar. Do people in your random groups take like 3min to do box? lol

GHNeko
Nov 28, 2015, 05:56 PM
people being undergeared/not strong enough thusly not capable of finishing SH Sanctum in the same time it takes to finish VH Sanctum.

Chris_Chocobo
Nov 28, 2015, 10:52 PM
After years of playing PSO2 today i was abducted for the first time lol

Also i liked the Harkotan TACO (pretty easy) but the cash for beating on SH for Klotho is very low :(

Sandmind
Nov 28, 2015, 11:15 PM
Ever since Vopar TA, did anyone actually expect Sega to not be afraid of increasing the cash flow and imbalance the player market? Not that it would truly imbalance it anyways on it's own lone self.

Maenara
Nov 28, 2015, 11:21 PM
After years of playing PSO2 today i was abducted for the first time lol

Also i liked the Harkotan TACO (pretty easy) but the cash for beating on SH for Klotho is very low :(

I'm not exactly sure why you expect the meseta reward to be related to the enemy level when even you have said that it's pretty easy.

Achelousaurus
Nov 28, 2015, 11:41 PM
people being undergeared/not strong enough thusly not capable of finishing SH Sanctum in the same time it takes to finish VH Sanctum.
Yeah. I never got why Sanctum is the popular choice for SH anyway, the only reason I tend to do it is for getting the Vol / Quartz dailies at once.

Might as well do nab2 in SH otherwise cause it's the shortest ta.
Though of course now that we got a taco we must do in sh there is no point in doing other tacos in sh unless for a daily you are too lazy to do an extra quest for.

RealKillaK
Nov 28, 2015, 11:44 PM
Though of course now that we got a taco we must do in sh there is no point in doing other tacos in sh unless for a daily you are too lazy to do an extra quest for.

SH Altar was popular due to it dropping Susano Guren at the time which was 90mil(i found one in the taco) and forever just been the normal.

Punisher106
Nov 29, 2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah. I never got why Sanctum is the popular choice for SH anyway, the only reason I tend to do it is for getting the Vol / Quartz dailies at once.

Several Hans SH COs can be cleared in one go, there.

Saffran
Nov 29, 2015, 04:19 AM
I saw 43 seconds in the IR. Dang....

Perfect Chaos
Nov 29, 2015, 04:32 AM
The whole discussion about VH vs SH Sanctum came up after I replied to someone complaining that the new TA is "useless" due to giving too few meseta (despite the fact that it's the fastest to complete, so the meseta:time ratio is the best), and then now someone else complains about the "low" payout, too... LOL

And 43 seconds, huh. Pretty impressive. Was this solo or with a group? I haven't signed on since then so I haven't checked. I'm guessing it's the latter? If so, what's the solo record?

milranduil
Nov 29, 2015, 04:44 AM
Ship2 4p 0:42, Ship8 4p 0:39

Best solo time I've seen so far is 1:48 but it had some mistakes, so can probably low 1:4x or possibly 1:3x. A couple friends and I messed around during IR and got 1:02 with fote, gura, and bohu (hardly ideal composition lol). 1:12 is still personal best duo time with fote + gura. Made 700k off the IR just spamming completes (and 1 abduction, but didn't get shit for mod).

TaigaUC
Nov 29, 2015, 07:16 AM
You can get money from IR?

milranduil
Nov 29, 2015, 07:17 AM
You can get money from IR?

IR makes clear meseta x10, so we were getting 27k meseta a run iirc.

Chris_Chocobo
Nov 29, 2015, 10:10 AM
I'm not exactly sure why you expect the meseta reward to be related to the enemy level when even you have said that it's pretty easy.

Because the other client order of ''Complete any TA on SH'' gives more money. 120k for Normal-Very Hard quest its OK. Even if its easy for me the Harkotan Trial, it should give at least 200-250k as reward.

Z-0
Nov 29, 2015, 10:13 AM
I don't see why it matters.

Regardless of the amount given, the market would end up reflecting what it gives.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 29, 2015, 07:01 PM
Because the other client order of ''Complete any TA on SH'' gives more money. 120k for Normal-Very Hard quest its OK. Even if its easy for me the Harkotan Trial, it should give at least 200-250k as reward.*facepalms*
My last message was referring to you, BTW...
It's already the fastest TA to finish, so quit whining about how much it gives when its meseta-earned:time-spent ratio is already the best.

Chris_Chocobo
Nov 29, 2015, 08:18 PM
*facepalms*
My last message was referring to you, BTW...
It's already the fastest TA to finish, so quit whining about how much it gives when its meseta-earned:time-spent ratio is already the best.

Whats wrong with you pal? im not complaining or whining, im just giving my opinion ok? Sorry if i didn't see your last post but calm down. I like Harkotan TACO, it's fast, easy and quick method of getting cash so no problem with that.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Nov 29, 2015, 09:03 PM
last IR in ship 10 was like 0:46(my fastest run is 1:30 -ish, 3-man band)

full pt run, those guys are gu/something iirc

J U S T
U
S
T

Maenara
Nov 29, 2015, 09:32 PM
>New time attack can literally be cleared in under a minute
>counting load times
>forty seconds with a good group
>time attack co literally pays 4k per second with a good group
>low payout

TaigaUC
Nov 30, 2015, 01:03 PM
Regardless of the amount given, the market would end up reflecting what it gives.

I thought that too. Whenever they add new ways to earn money, I'm afraid the market will go to hell.
I'm too lazy to do anything more just to keep up with the in-game economy.

RealKillaK
Nov 30, 2015, 02:00 PM
I thought that too. Whenever they add new ways to earn money, I'm afraid the market will go to hell.
I'm too lazy to do anything more just to keep up with the in-game economy.

Too bad ship 2 market is already hell so not much to worry about.

TaigaUC
Nov 30, 2015, 03:12 PM
It could always get worse, though.

DS23
Nov 30, 2015, 07:08 PM
So what's everyone think of this exciting new content?

http://i.imgur.com/CK4Ww4q.jpg

TaigaUC
Dec 1, 2015, 12:46 AM
I wonder how long it took them to make the new TA quest. Probably a few minutes.
Makes you wonder why we don't have more stuff like this, more often.

Natsu Nem
Dec 1, 2015, 01:11 AM
This one is kinda annoying to solo.

Depending on the class, I sometimes find myself getting grazed by something then getting stunlocked to death.

Saelix
Dec 4, 2015, 05:32 PM
I don't know if you noticed but they release TAs when a planet gets 2-3 areas

Maenara
Dec 4, 2015, 07:10 PM
I don't know if you noticed but they release TAs when a planet gets 2-3 areas

If you're implying that Harkotan is getting its third area soon, it's not. There's no data for a third Harkotan area, but there's data for two different areas. Those two will be coming first.