PDA

View Full Version : Is OTP dead once again?

[Ayumi]
Dec 2, 2015, 11:57 AM
Getting error 698 which is pretty much saying the OTP I'm adding is incorrect... when it's not.
Wondering if it's just me or if anyone else getting that same problem.

Starting to get sick and fed up with these OTP problems and really can't wait for the storage extensions to maybe never use OTP again.

Asuka~
Dec 2, 2015, 12:04 PM
;3309210']Getting error 698 which is pretty much saying the OTP I'm adding is incorrect... when it's not.
Wondering if it's just me or if anyone else getting that same problem.

Starting to get sick and fed up with these OTP problems and really can't wait for the storage extensions to maybe never use OTP again.

I logged in a few minutes ago and it seemed to be working fine... Though I'll probably stay logged in until I go to bed or something since you mentioned OTP is derping again. I wonder if other people are having issues too right now...

TaigaUC
Dec 2, 2015, 05:11 PM
There was an image on MMOLoda a few days ago mocking OTP making the game inaccessible.

Edit: Here it is.
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=69526

It says if you use OTP, sometimes you won't be able to log-in and play with everyone, so it is relatively bad.

spincast
Dec 2, 2015, 06:33 PM
as of 20:31, (GMT-4)i can loggin without issues, and question at OP, perhaps the time/date on your phone was changed? that will cause the otp app to go haywire and not accept correct password inputs (like it happened to me).-

seilent
Dec 2, 2015, 07:41 PM
been using for ages, never encounter any error here, if your android and PC have more than 1 min gap, the OTP won't work i think.

[Ayumi]
Dec 3, 2015, 05:09 AM
as of 20:31, (GMT-4)i can loggin without issues, and question at OP, perhaps the time/date on your phone was changed? that will cause the otp app to go haywire and not accept correct password inputs (like it happened to me).-

been using for ages, never encounter any error here, if your android and PC have more than 1 min gap, the OTP won't work i think.

I use Bluestacks. Dont' have another device it would work on.
Seems to be working for the last 8 hours (or at least 8 hours ago before having to head out and do stuff).
Can't see the timer being off when they both would be using the same time though.

raialeus
Dec 3, 2015, 05:36 AM
Well it seems like Sega finally realized that this SecureOTP isn't such a reliable option after it failing so many times during the important EQs.
They just announced on Players site that they will be adding Google Authenticator as a security option in Mid-December.
Heck they even ensure you that in the event that you switch from SecureOTP to Google Authenticator, it won't affect your streak on the "Continued usage of OTP Campaign" as long as you finish all that process within one day.

Dismal Flux
Dec 3, 2015, 07:21 AM
I got the same error 3 times in a row just now & being pretty sure the 6 digits were right, the thing's getting issues again it seems...

Ryziou
Dec 3, 2015, 09:31 AM
Well it seems like Sega finally realized that this SecureOTP isn't such a reliable option after it failing so many times during the important EQs.
They just announced on Players site that they will be adding Google Authenticator as a security option in Mid-December.
Heck they even ensure you that in the event that you switch from SecureOTP to Google Authenticator, it won't affect your streak on the "Continued usage of OTP Campaign" as long as you finish all that process within one day.

I haven't had a problem with OTP whatsoever. I'm guessing OTP will be unsupported when this change arrives? :l

I already had Google Authenticator on my phone so I guess removing OTP will be 1 less App = more space cause that 11mb could be used on something else :^)

KLMS1
Dec 3, 2015, 09:43 AM
OTP has a bad habit of crapping out every now and then so Sega ends up apologising to the players and has to give out compensations. Guess they finally got fed up with that.

OTOH Google is the very Devil so eh... o3o

wefwq
Dec 3, 2015, 12:10 PM
This is pretty good news, i was using google authenticator for my google account, if it's turn up to be smooth i'll switch so i don't have to waste some space for this shitty third networks' OTP app or further cockblocking from big EQs.

I haven't had a problem with OTP whatsoever. I'm guessing OTP will be unsupported when this change arrives? :l

I already had Google Authenticator on my phone so I guess removing OTP will be 1 less App = more space cause that 11mb could be used on something else :^)
From the looks of it, they just adding more options for OTP and still using Third Networks service in the meantime, at least until almost everyone switch over into google authenticator.
There's like no reason to not move though since this service are by Google and it's also available for apple device.

TaigaUC
Dec 3, 2015, 01:27 PM
Now if only they'd get rid of GameGuard...

[Ayumi]
Dec 3, 2015, 05:44 PM

Guess it would be another phone thing, right?
Hopefully it works better on bluestacks.

Now if only they'd get rid of GameGuard...

This.