PDA

View Full Version : SEA Winter Updates- Dark Falz Loser

Meteor Weapon
Dec 3, 2015, 01:06 AM
http://news.playpark.com/sg/31949

http://images.playfps.com/ENPSO2/Cunning%20Advance%20Party.JPG
Ebon-Winged Vanguard-> Advanced Cunning Party- What?
Apos Dorios- Apostu Doriosu-> they just took the japanese pronouncation literally?
Apostle Dritzer->ApostoruTorittsa
"It is expected that the dark falz and gang"- I stopped reading there.

http://images.playfps.com/ENPSO2/Appearance%20of%20the%20Warrior%20[Loser].JPG
Paragon of Deceit/Gate of Despair[Loser]-> Appearance of The Warrior[Loser]
They just made Loser's quest name from awesome to lame of the lamest.
"Aim to destroy all Dark Falz [Loser]"-....wait so there's like multiple Loser's in the Mothership?

Maenara
Dec 3, 2015, 01:09 AM
SEA is literally ripping rare enemy names directly from the English patch. It's unknown why they're doing this with rare enemies, but not normal enemies.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 3, 2015, 01:13 AM
No their still using bad names on Apostle Dritzer, to ApostoruTorittsa which is literal japanese pronunciation. My bad on mistakenly switching it, I'm using English patch names as a base to SEA bad naming.

Selphea
Dec 3, 2015, 01:16 AM
SEA makes the fan patch look like it was written by a team of Oxford academics.

arkeido
Dec 3, 2015, 01:27 AM
Advanced Cunning Party
Apostu Doriosu
ApostoruTorittsa
Appearance of The Warrior[Loser]

11/10 "translation".
Apos Dorios doesn't even have the "tu" in japanese.
アポス・ドリオス
Why not just do Apostu Doritos
http://cdn.niketalk.com/7/71/200x200px-ZC-71edb5be_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Maenara
Dec 3, 2015, 01:32 AM
No their still using bad names on Apostle Dritzer, to ApostoruTorittsa which is literal japanese pronunciation. My bad on mistakenly switching it, I'm using English patch names as a base to SEA bad naming.

Huh. Well, they WERE doing that.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 3, 2015, 01:34 AM
>kind : multi party quest

imma kind like these SEA translator, am i doing good?

Maenara
Dec 3, 2015, 02:22 AM
Anyone else notice in the first screenshot, they spell Apos Dorios in two different ways? 'Apost Doriosu' and 'Aposu-Drios'.

final_attack
Dec 3, 2015, 02:24 AM
Anyone else notice in the first screenshot, they spell Apos Dorios in two different ways? 'Apost Doriosu' and 'Aposu-Drios'.

Yep. 2 translator working on same page? ._.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2015, 02:39 AM
SEA translation has lots of problems like that, nothing new there. Oceanids are referred to with like four different names throughout the game or something.

What I find amusing is the organization of the update. Between Rupika replacing Ashe as the story mode protagonist, casually spoilering [Loser], "WARNING NEW D-ARKER, APPROACH WITH EXTREME CAUTION", and the following picture is two Vidoluda doing nothing while Rupika rod melees one of them, and the inexplicably random OCs showing up, SEA is fun to look at even without its low quality translation status.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 3, 2015, 02:40 AM
there needs to be a thread of this stuff so we're aware of how lucky we are to not be on that horrible game

Xion14Blade
Dec 3, 2015, 02:43 AM

I have a feeling people will get confused about the actual name thanks to this

Meteor Weapon
Dec 3, 2015, 03:11 AM
Kazan Nadeshiko is called Kazan Pink btw.

yoshiblue
Dec 3, 2015, 03:12 AM
Did they have the dewmen/dumen argument yet?

TheszNuts
Dec 3, 2015, 03:13 AM
Between Rupika replacing Ashe as the story mode protagonist
Someone needs to catch me up, what are they doing?

Hysteria1987
Dec 3, 2015, 03:16 AM
APPEARANCE OF THE WARRIOR

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THING

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x197/RastaniHelios/retro-cartoon-medieval-knight-illustration-plain-white-background-37603793_zps85p677ba.jpg

Natsu Nem
Dec 3, 2015, 03:18 AM
Should I break out the Breadicarder?

Poyonche
Dec 3, 2015, 04:39 AM
And then, how are they going to name "Progeny of The Apocalypse" or "Advent of the Annihilator"

Can't wait to see that.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 3, 2015, 05:25 AM
Progeny of The Apocalypse= Flower of World End

I'm callin for it.

Azure Falcon
Dec 3, 2015, 05:30 AM
And then, how are they going to name "Progeny of The Apocalypse" or "Advent of the Annihilator"

Can't wait to see that.

That would require the SEA version to survive long enough to reach the end of Episode 3.

Natsu Nem
Dec 3, 2015, 06:43 AM
Did you hear about the Dark Falz gang's newest member? It's two kids known as Dark Falz [Two].

emeraude
Dec 3, 2015, 06:46 AM
Does... JP have an AC Spend ranking? Because SEA does. (http://ranking-pso2.playpark.net/Ranking/Ranking.html) It kind of seems weird and tacky...

Oh and they have a new 12* armor set that has 0 def but a set effect of +200SATK, from the yellow badge shop (which-- you can get as an AC reward)

http://i.imgur.com/bos5CkW.jpg

Natsu Nem
Dec 3, 2015, 07:06 AM
"It is equipped with a mysterious and supernatural force."
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/qVI6SRg.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chanteyousei
Dec 3, 2015, 07:29 AM
Does... JP have an AC Spend ranking? Because SEA does.[/URL] It kind of seems weird and tacky...

Oh and they have a new 12* armor set that has 0 def but a set effect of +200SATK, from the yellow badge shop (which-- you can get as an AC reward)

TW has it too, basically SEGA's "If I cannot put these features in JP version because of JP's laws, I will put them on all the other services"

Shadowth117
Dec 3, 2015, 07:50 AM
Does... JP have an AC Spend ranking? Because SEA does. (http://ranking-pso2.playpark.net/Ranking/Ranking.html) It kind of seems weird and tacky...

Yeah... JP doesn't have that ranking. That armor set sounds interesting, but lol. I think a lot of stuff on the other servers is a bit cancerous.

KLMS1
Dec 3, 2015, 08:01 AM
It amuses me how those Blue and Yellow badges effectively have their store-menu icons swapped around.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 3, 2015, 08:28 AM
Did you hear about the Dark Falz gang's newest member? It's two kids known as Dark Falz [Two].

Dark Falz [Two]....wait seriously?

wefwq
Dec 3, 2015, 12:21 PM
I heard that SEA are getting Nova outfit, is this true especially the rappy dress and "that" ribbon?

I don't even think that they even have intention about adding such things, it'll cause massive outrage for being "too obvious" and will be wanking center of consumerist.
Things are different outside the border though, they probably trying their hardest to break even the localization cost and make profit by fooling around with local social norm.

Also regarding that unit... thought that i heard some SEA complaining that enemies over there are harder or something.
That rank sounds more like, throwing your cash and do suicide mission.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2015, 01:18 PM
Someone needs to catch me up, what are they doing?

You know how Ashe (the HUmar) is always shown in story quests? In the story quest pictures for the SEA version, Rupika (the FOnewearl) is the character shown instead.

This is silly not just because it's a blatant change to show off the cutest character, but also because [Persona] uses the two weapons that the Ashe is shown using most often (and the only weapons he's shown with in official artwork), making it clear that [Persona] is partly based on Ashe, making him the "official" protagonist.

TaigaUC
Dec 3, 2015, 01:21 PM
Hey, at least they're not replacing all the lobby actions with aggressive macho flexing~

(sarcastic strawman joke)

stappler1
Dec 3, 2015, 10:44 PM
I guess people here are clueless that you can get yellow badges from fun scratches.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 3, 2015, 10:55 PM
Also regarding that unit... thought that i heard some SEA complaining that enemies over there are harder or something.
That rank sounds more like, throwing your cash and do suicide mission.

Last I remember, enemy damage was overtuned, eg: deegalas one-shotting when wearing appropriate units

If that is still the case, you really may as well use this set.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bravenewmoe.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/kill20la20kill20-201620-20large2014.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ArcaneTechs
Dec 3, 2015, 11:27 PM
I guess people here are clueless that you can get yellow badges from fun scratches.
you can guess most people here don't play the shit version of the game

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 3, 2015, 11:30 PM

I passed on saying this myself.

stappler1
Dec 3, 2015, 11:30 PM

And i guess people here dont care spreading false info eh just because they hate some server that got a localization.

emeraude
Dec 3, 2015, 11:36 PM

My bad, I thought the YB were removed as rewards along with the AC scratch tickets a while back.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 3, 2015, 11:41 PM
And i guess people here dont care spreading false info eh just because they hate some server that got a localization.
None of us care that it got localized somewhere else. Use your head a little bruh

I passed on saying this myself.
we all thought it though

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 3, 2015, 11:42 PM

Are you... implying people are jealousy...? Hah! Most people who care enough to be here, and play the JP version don't care another region got a localized version before NA. Most of us wouldn't even bother playing an NA version at this point. Besides, most of those stuck with the SEA version in their region are actively locked out of the JP version of the game.

Also, this is a case of false info through ignorance. No one here has anything to gain from going through the effort of coordinated slander.

We don't bash SEA out of jealousy, or spite, but only because it's so poorly handled, it makes us thankful we're not stuck with it! :lol:

Maenara
Dec 3, 2015, 11:42 PM

Can you quit defending SEA?
Look at the translation. It literally looks like they ran the plain japanese text through google translate and then made random edits to it.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 4, 2015, 12:00 AM
"Paragon of Deceit" to "Apperance of the Warrior"

Ebon Winged Vanguard" to "Advance Cunning Party"

Can someone try telling me if a paid translator did a better job than a non-paid self volunteer translator on this game? None because no one can. Sega's the one approving SEA translation? I'm gonna call it bullshit no matter what.

Selphea
Dec 4, 2015, 12:06 AM
B-but it really is all about cunning parties of radical Samurai and Wizards standing their ground by launching an attack on the gang of Dark Falz Warriors! How wrong can it be?

Meteor Weapon
Dec 4, 2015, 12:10 AM
B-but it really is all about cunning parties of radical Samurai and Wizards standing their ground by launching an attack on the gang of Dark Falz Warriors! How wrong can it be?

You won teh thread.

emeraude
Dec 4, 2015, 12:13 AM

no worries. EP3 will bring the Ninja class soon.

wefwq
Dec 4, 2015, 12:18 AM
Are you REALLY that mad that you made account in this place just to defend your lovely server?

wizard
samurai
cunning party
casually spoiling some major plot aspects
HEALTH DRINK
MAGIC
Dark Falz and "gang"
ASH
that font
promoting OHKO suicide practice in exchange of slightly more damage still end up doing no damage anyway because enemy got them first
trying to sell PS game as not-so-PS kind of game
consumerist fool ranking
affix on costumes (it's also has expire date too)
some translation of rare enemies name are ALMOST feels like stolen from fantranslation
responsible of the entire SEA IP ban on JP server thing

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2015, 12:23 AM
more like someone bored thats active here made the account to rile up some action....or someone real hellbent on defending the only server with a English clients thats sorta...rubbish or enjoys pouring buckets of cash into that game every 2 weeks for them temp affixes on clothing

stappler1
Dec 4, 2015, 12:59 AM
None of us care that it got localized somewhere else. Use your head a little bruh

we all thought it though

Then why not use your head then. Is it ok to lambaste a server based on a year old info well unless you dont care about detail and have a personal vendetta against the said server but then again if you really dont care about it then why not just ignore it like what you people just did with TH and TW servers.
And to the one who said its jealousy, no more like bitterness if you ask me. Defending? if you mean pointing out that you people are bashing a server based on outdated info out of pure bitterness then yeah you can call that defending if you want.

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 4, 2015, 01:02 AM
Heck I live in SEA... but I still play on the JP version even with them putting an IP block on us.

I lost access to my PS Vita PSO2 though, will always hate Asiasoft for that.

Also the collabs the JP version has to offer is too good to pass up.

femme fatale
Dec 4, 2015, 01:08 AM
Then why not use your head then. Is it ok to lambaste a server based on a year old info well unless you dont care about detail and have a personal vendetta against the said server but then again if you really dont care about it then why not just ignore it like what you people just did with TH and TW servers.
And to the one who said its jealousy, no more like bitterness if you ask me. Defending? if you mean pointing out that you people are bashing a server based on outdated info out of pure bitterness then yeah you can call that defending if you want.

so you haven't even played on the JP server then.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2015, 01:32 AM
Baww next thing you know your telling me PSU is the best Phantasy Star game evar.

If their business practices wasn't a big hint to ya as well as poor translation (well iffy, i say 70% of it is okay, 85% tops) and mistreatment of the game in other territories.

but if you honestly support those servers just so you can read it in google translated English then by all means man, keep defending SEA. Props to ya, you couldn't handle downloading the JP client and applying patch afterwards, it's too much I'm sorry I'll leave you alone bro

NoobSpectre
Dec 4, 2015, 01:54 AM
No matter what kind of wonky translation and luther or Loser or whatever, Fighting Dark Falz Loser practically makes many SEA players the losers. Hard to see not at least one player bit the dust in every attack. They really dunno what is the meaning of x or shift button.

First time doing, timed out with Loser barely over 66% hp (first time stop). Managed to nailed it a second time though.

On the other hand, capitalist players 3-player whack Loser in first day.

gotta grab Soleid and Scorpio from this clockwork though so the agony goes on.

Selphea
Dec 4, 2015, 02:01 AM
Is Chain Banish still unnerfed there? Wonder if a TeRa with GuBr can duo it in 30 seconds

emeraude
Dec 4, 2015, 02:28 AM

Lul I saw that screenshot. It seems like not a lot of players looked up how to kill Loser, there's complaints of WB'd closed clocks, and no Mirage, and some MPAs doing XH strats only to time out and/or die.

Is Chain Banish still unnerfed there? Wonder if a TeRa with GuBr can duo it in 30 seconds

I don't think anyone has tried so far, I guess everyone is too !!! over new EQ and stuff.

CrossOmega
Dec 4, 2015, 02:59 AM
Lul I saw that screenshot. It seems like not a lot of players looked up how to kill Loser, there's complaints of WB'd closed clocks, and no Mirage, and some MPAs doing XH strats only to time out and/or die.

I don't think anyone has tried so far, I guess everyone is too !!! over new EQ and stuff.

First, yes i agree that most people didnt look up on loser guides. In fact a self-proclaimed Jp player told me that there is no need for mirage on loser and didn't even know you do apos 4 times for max drop rate on loser. Nearly gave me a heart attack. That person told me: " No need to mirage. Just hit it till it dies." Reference to SAO abrigded ep 2 i notice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye2u1za7Pac

Didnt even go into first phase after 15 min and i raged quit considering that one person was dying/second. Heck, I died too but it was like 1 death to 40 mpa deaths.( I consider Iron Will procs = death btw)

And one of my team members was one of those so called captalist 3 man party. I have to defend that she is no captalist. Just lots of TACOs from that long long time of no content. She barely gets hit and reads Loser accurately. We should be praising those type of people then badmouthing them you know?

And I admit that SEA translators are lazy shyts.... no, its asiasoft that is lazy. At least get the Apostle part right of Apos Dorios. "gang"? We're not street thugs picking a fight with the next neighbourhood bullies. Kazan Pink? It was so sweet that it made me feel like puking, giving me more reason to not use it other than it takes too long to charge up. People use Kazan pink on MBD 2, dammit use shunka to clear the mobs!

NoobSpectre
Dec 4, 2015, 04:11 AM
Didnt even go into first phase after 15 min and i raged quit considering that one person was dying/second. Heck, I died too but it was like 1 death to 40 mpa deaths.( I consider Iron Will procs = death btw)

And one of my team members was one of those so called captalist 3 man party. I have to defend that she is no captalist. Just lots of TACOs from that long long time of no content. She barely gets hit and reads Loser accurately. We should be praising those type of people then badmouthing them you know?

Hmm... 2.1m meseta per day until 300m for dmg reduction costumes? wow. Not capitalist and heavy grinder instead then. Which the latter earns mah respect. I wouldnt waste 300m for 2 month expiry affix clothes though.

And yes, its day one since we have shaq pa and techs, and most just get the lv1 version from photon shop. And considering the mindset of "I want more pp to spam pa/tech/wadever", players tend to have hp of 700 or less, a horizontal sword swipe from Loser during teleportation deals above 700. Do the maths :-D

It took a while for people to realized spamming N Apos for completion rate is better than SH Apos though (40s for N and 12 mintues per SH, counting teleporter 30s), the experience is not much better than arms anyway. I haven't seen anyone managed to break SH 4 Pillars of Doom from Apos too, though for one time, I managed to spin with td until the doom is over. And thus red scorpio is leaving my grasp.

CrossOmega
Dec 4, 2015, 04:51 AM
I haven't seen anyone managed to break SH 4 Pillars of Doom from Apos too, though for one time, I managed to spin with td until the doom is over. And thus red scorpio is leaving my grasp.

Lel i mirage escape through it and next thing i know is 11 people on the ground that i have to res.

seilent
Dec 4, 2015, 05:59 AM
The situation is pretty much similar to ours when loser release iirc, a lot exploding apos pillars, fail loser clock, etc. saying how fun is that until we realize about mirage and "meh". Maybe they just too lazy to find out or wants to learn it the hard way since it's more fun that way

the thing that ridiculous is this : http://ranking-pso2.playpark.net/Ranking/Ranking.html

“AC SPEND RANKING” is a ranking event of competing the Total Amount of AC used for purchasing Items.
Be the first place in the ranking when the event ends, and receive a Limited Costume.

A badge will be given at the Vidphone under "Campaign Reward Receipt" which can exchaged to the Limited Costume at the Exchange Shop.

The Limited Costume is an exclusive reward only for the first place winner of the event, with special appearance.

Don’t miss this chance!

HentaiLolicon
Dec 4, 2015, 06:06 AM
I'm surprised that this shit is still alive. It's supposed to be dead along with Asiasoft. Fuck Asiasoft.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2015, 06:21 AM
And to the one who said its jealousy, no more like bitterness if you ask me.

Bitter...? There's nothing to be bitter about. SEA has nearly nothing anyone playing JP PSO2 cares about. We're all having a good laugh, and being thankful we're on JP PSO2 with better quality fan-translations since we're not directly effected by how SEA handles things. How can we be bitter with SEA is over a year behind in content? What sense does it make for the privileged group (us) to be bitter with those who have the breadcrumbs (SEA)?

seilent
Dec 4, 2015, 06:39 AM
if people jealous, SEA people won't bother migrating to JP. In fact few teams already migrated.

wefwq
Dec 4, 2015, 06:41 AM
lmao why would you enjoy breadcrumbs and water when you can get buffet.
Stay mad.

the thing that ridiculous is this : http://ranking-pso2.playpark.net/Ranking/Ranking.html
Okay, now that's just pathetic... those atrocious amount of money blown out are just ridiculous.

Selphea
Dec 4, 2015, 06:46 AM
Name and shame the top 10 pay to win players like it's a good thing? How does that even work o_O

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2015, 07:03 AM
Name and shame the top 10 pay to win players like it's a good thing? How does that even work o_O

Brilliant way to make people not want to spend money on the game.

Flaoc
Dec 4, 2015, 07:53 AM
i cant even see the link tbh wonder if anyone can screenshot it

final_attack
Dec 4, 2015, 07:56 AM
i cant even see the link tbh wonder if anyone can screenshot it

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/lJ1aL/139edb19a8.png
http://puu.sh/lJ1by/7fab17e6cb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Dec 4, 2015, 08:05 AM
Cool Rappy Coat Shadow -> Dark Falz [Rappy] suit

emeraude
Dec 4, 2015, 08:43 AM
I think it's a case of... different mentality? The last time I played seriously on SEA (admittedly, half a year or so ago), popularity was scaled with your cosmetics and LA dancing in the lobby, not with your equipment. I'm not sure if it's still the same now, but having a very exclusive costume and having people know you're loaded is kind of a perk.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2015, 08:47 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/7/7a/Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140613204334[/SPOILER-BOX]

HentaiLolicon
Dec 4, 2015, 08:55 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/7/7a/Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140613204334[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/7621/302771-facefoot_poster_by_xfemalexuzumakix_super.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Flaoc
Dec 4, 2015, 09:20 AM

what the actual fuck is wrong with these people

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 4, 2015, 09:23 AM
It's all about the money money money

wefwq
Dec 4, 2015, 09:25 AM
what the actual fuck is wrong with these people
"l-look guys! i-i'm rich!"

Raujinn
Dec 4, 2015, 10:23 AM
OK, well feel free to check my maths here because I am terrible at maths oh god

It seems 1 Arks Cash = 1 @cash, and 20,000 @cash seems to be worth 50.00 Malaysian RM (going with this one for the sake of calculation, as always buying more at a time is cheaper per individual @cash). As of this post, 50.00 RM = ~8 GBP.

20,000 / 8 = 2500. So 2500 Arks Cash per 1 GBP.
402,300 / 2500 = 160.92, so I make out number 1 there as having spent in the region of 160 quid ( ~$242 ) since the 3rd of December. If I'm right, yikes...

My @cash price is based on a google search, which I suspect is out of date but I cant find a page on Playasia that gives me a list or anything... the closest I can find aside this is a pre-paid card here: http://www.seagm.com/asiasoft-acash which puts the total closer to ~£200 or ~$300.

e: Ah! Found something. It's 94.73 MY Point (which is just a direct conversion from RM) per 30,000 AC. Let's round that to 95 RM which converts to ~ £15. That puts it at 2000 AC per quid, which puts it around £200 or $300. That aligns much more closely with the prepaid card, so I guess the other numbers were out of date (or I've fucked up somewhere else)

Weiss9029
Dec 4, 2015, 11:18 AM
"l-look guys! i-i'm rich!"
Not anymore

KLMS1
Dec 4, 2015, 11:29 AM
I'm kinda guessing SEAzns have the kind of conspicious consumption culture going that ruined many an European aristocratic family back in the day - gotta look the part even if you can't actually afford it.

With a leavening of nouveau riche boorishness where appropriate, ofc.

Mildora
Dec 4, 2015, 12:04 PM
I thought the people who play SEA generally can't play JP? I Understand the joking around if the player chooses SEA over JP but weren't players getting like instant banned logging from SEA? It sounds fishy considering the amount of people who log from the US and are still fine but I always thought those SEA players had no choice but to play on those servers o.o?

HentaiLolicon
Dec 4, 2015, 12:43 PM
Some people can't handle the difficult works ( patch, proxy, register), for them SEA is an easier cake than JP, and some prefer to play with their countrymen.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 4, 2015, 12:46 PM
Most friends I know who play SEA server are people who rarely play the game anyway...so....yh.

Serinah
Dec 4, 2015, 01:16 PM
Some people can't handle the difficult works ( patch, proxy, register), for them SEA is an easier cake than JP, and some prefer to play with their countrymen.

I can imagine that the prospect of having everything translated is a factor too.
.. Even if said translation is pretty rubbish.

Loveless62
Dec 4, 2015, 01:21 PM

I think these are the ones called "whales" in F2P-speak.

I can imagine that the prospect of having everything translated is a factor too.
.. Even if said translation is pretty rubbish.
Who doesn't enjoy some good Engrish every once in a while?

TaigaUC
Dec 4, 2015, 01:47 PM
Those costumes look horrible.

KLMS1
Dec 4, 2015, 01:48 PM
Egregious displays of wealth generally don't have much truck with good taste.

jooozek
Dec 4, 2015, 02:16 PM
I thought the people who play SEA generally can't play JP? I Understand the joking around if the player chooses SEA over JP but weren't players getting like instant banned logging from SEA? It sounds fishy considering the amount of people who log from the US and are still fine but I always thought those SEA players had no choice but to play on those servers o.o?

isn't EVERYONE who wasn't able to play jp pso2 able thanks to cyberkitsune's proxy?

hoangsea
Dec 5, 2015, 03:30 AM
lol
some people in SEA sever think SEA server is much harder than JP after the PA nerf patch
they said JP server just for the casual players and SEA is for the hardcore but they don't know it's just the same and just because SEA player are bad and have bad equipment

i feel pity for those paranoia people :-?
they are those losers who think they are the best

isCasted
Dec 5, 2015, 04:34 AM
The advantages of JP server over SEA one were listed so many times there's simply no logical reason to praise AsiaSoft's bullshit. Even if you don't believe what people say, you have an option to register for JP server and see eveything for yourself.

But of course, people don't like putting effort into their arguments.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 5, 2015, 04:42 AM
lol
some people in SEA sever think SEA server is much harder than JP after the PA nerf patch
they said JP server just for the casual players and SEA is for the hardcore but they don't know it's just the same and just because SEA player are bad and have bad equipment

Were they not aware that their old PA damage was completely bonkers by JP pso standards...?

wefwq
Dec 5, 2015, 05:12 AM
PSO2Proxy are pretty much invented for that.
Back then there's like DDoS that put roulette ISP ban on everyone for few months, after situation getting better and IP ban being lifted all over the place, alas SEA IP ban are actually permanent thanks to Asiasoft.
Though we SEAmen get banned, bunch of us simply don't want to startover on that server while losing large chunk of content and other stuff we have on JP server.

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 07:50 AM
From what I've heard, the only reasons to play on SEA are:
1. You really like those limited prize Rappy clothes for top AC spenders.
2. You're too lazy to use the Tweaker to automate JP installation, proxy and EN patching.
3. You want absolutely everything in English all the time.

isCasted
Dec 5, 2015, 08:26 AM
1. You really like those limited prize Rappy clothes for top AC spenders.I'm pretty sure JP server may get those soon in some way, just like Sailor and Dragon costumes.

2. You're too lazy to use the Tweaker to automate JP installation, proxy and EN patching.But not lazy enough to unpack the game from archive with password (that was a thing, right?) or, if you are not actually in SEA region, set up VPN and stuff.

3. You want absolutely everything in English all the time.My personal opinion: I'd rather have some untranslated text in well-translated context than have full translation where everything is confusing.

One prominent thing about games on Android's market that annoys me really hard is Google Translated games and descriptions, and you can't change their language without changing system settings.
The thing is that I see a text that's supposed to be in my language that doesn't make sense. So I try to translate it back to English trying to apply GT logic. Then I shuffle words around until they make sense, after that my mind translates all the options back.
All of that happens while visions formed by "translated" text are stuck in my head, so they also get in the way of my thought process. And it sucks. Yeah, I know English so it's logical that I'd prefer original text. But even if I didn't know it, I'd rather have zero translation than fucked up one. At least it'd be easy to get understanding of the game through trial&error. Sole presense of translation makes me instinctively follow it, even though I know it's horrible.

...Anyway, back to PSO2. I know it's much bigger than your average mobile game. The thing is... Arks Layer team's patch might not be exhaustive, but it gives enough context to make you understand the game (except for tutorials, you know... But, again, it's a matter of whether people really want to or just have it holding their hands). AsiaSoft's translation is cringy as fuck. It's not only confusing, it's embarassing. Even if English patch was not a thing and I had to start off with SEA server, I'd move to JP one as soon as I got the point of the game.

seilent
Dec 5, 2015, 08:39 AM
4. Because they haven't tried JP server yet

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2015, 09:56 AM
SEA version unpacks from passworded archive? WTF.

sol_trigger
Dec 5, 2015, 10:08 AM
"Dark Falz gang"

ahahahahaha omg my stomach...

KLMS1
Dec 5, 2015, 02:37 PM
3. You want absolutely everything in English all the time.

For a given value of "English" apparently, anyway... :v

ArcaneTechs
Dec 5, 2015, 03:46 PM
i thought AIDA made the Tweaker so easy to install everything that you'd have to be an idiot to not get it work...

TheszNuts
Dec 5, 2015, 04:21 PM
i thought AIDA made the Tweaker so easy to install everything that you'd have to be an idiot to not get it work...

That implies people pay attention when tweaker says "patch not ready, do not install". Was even a twitch moment where I saw someone install large patch when it was marked not ready.

KLMS1
Dec 5, 2015, 04:51 PM
Even those monkeys could still *install* it though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 5, 2015, 05:23 PM

It is.

For the longest time I never used tweaker because I generally don't like using a 3rd party programs to do something as simple as a file drag-and-drop, and game launching . Wasn't until the damn launcher decided to file check every time I manually patched...

wefwq
Dec 5, 2015, 09:57 PM
SEA version unpacks from passworded archive? WTF.
Gotta protect those precious package of ENGLISH, tho.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 6, 2015, 12:11 AM
It is.

For the longest time I never used tweaker because I generally don't like using a 3rd party programs to do something as simple as a file drag-and-drop, and game launching . Wasn't until the damn launcher decided to file check every time I manually patched...
I'll never know the life

#tweakerproblems

Gamemako
Dec 6, 2015, 12:23 AM
"Dark Falz gang"

ahahahahaha omg my stomach...

My first thought was all the Falzes riding around in the Mystery Machine.

hoangsea
Dec 6, 2015, 02:31 AM
hey guys
check this out
this is how "paranoia people" in SEA server think about SEA vs JP server :-?
those disscusion is from an FB fan page

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/1_zpso6r0yzxt.png~original

Beno Darling: Wow those Jp players show up again. Fk! those JP SH bosses they can only hit people for 300 damage, sometimes up to 500-600 due critical ( even when using use weak units ). WHEN IN SEA SERVER THEY ARE NOT FIX THE BOSS DAMAGE YET, THAT S WHY WE OFTEN GOT ONE SHOT!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/2_zpskhlcnxwx.png~original

Quang Vinh Nguyen: you can not die if you know how to dodge. If you get hit sure you will die. but what the hell is "fix the boss damage" ?

Thuong Gia: i don't count if you can dodge. THE PROBLEM IS BOSS DAMAGE ARE TOO HIGH, THEIR NORMAL ATK CAN KILL PEOPLE IN 1-2 HIT

Quang VInh Nguyen: Jp is the same, XH bosses have new moves so it's harder to dodge.

Thuong Gia: of wow is that so ? come to SEA and let them hit you.

(about Luther true form fight)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/3_zpstsxmlu4r.png~original

Quang Vinh Nguyen: At JP you will be killed after 3-4 hit. If you are Fo/Te it's 1-2 hit.

Thuong Gia: Any proof ?

Beno Darling: 3-4 hit, 1-2 hit died ? AT SEA SERVER IT HIT 900 HP and CRITICAL 1k6 DMG. COME TO SEA AND KILL IT WITHOUT GET HIT, JP GUYS.
(WTF ? when PSO have 200% crit dmg ? and without getting hit at luther is really easy isn't it)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/4_zpspe8cyloi.png~original

Tieu Hoang: Free field bosses can 1 shot you with normal attacks ? Lol, liars.

Beno Darling: come to SEA server and try it.

(Talking about people 's gears in JP)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/5_zpsw8le9pzw.png

Beno Darling: don't show that many people in Jp got x6 x7 affix stuffs. It's only few people got that ( he said like it's very rare to see someone to have that )

Pham Tuan: I don't said all people got x6 x7, i only said "include"

Beno Darling: i don't need to count x6 x7, 150 atk x5 is also rare ( WTF, 150 atk is so common at the time)

Bonus:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/haivn2004/6_zpswm3sucoa.jpg~original

Hoang Anh Tran Cong: why you need luck ? 10 character can make 100m/ months

Beno Darling: oh wow if you got 10 character in SEA server, you can make 70m PER WEEK.
(oh wow no life - rich people)

lol, funny SEA people. That's why they consider bad players.
Whinne every time, don't even know they are bad. And always thinks they are the best :-?

Dnd
Dec 6, 2015, 02:44 AM
Why do you even need affixs on that version when you have an outfit that does it all for you? with latents that are so watered down its laughable (And i bet the grinding RNG is worse)

isCasted
Dec 6, 2015, 02:44 AM
As I said before, why don't they try joining us if they want to prove their points (asking us to join them instead)? They haven't even seen Limit Break, Magatsu, pre-nerf Nab UQ, Lillipa UQ and CQs.

Besides, "harder" doesn't mean "better". JP PSO2 does have issues with difficulty when it comes to things like Profound Darkness, but it's still better than no PD at all

Boosted stats are a fake difficulty. Real difficulty is about action, and JP PSO2 offers plenty of it.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 05:12 AM
I don't understand how they got jealous over JP server player.
They can always move if they want those stuff that badly, there's like plenty of SEAmen moving out to JP already.

seilent
Dec 6, 2015, 05:29 AM
SEA still fun tbh, it's true that JP better, but SEA still fun in it's own way. If it's not because the management getting worse i might still staying there, also fashion. actually fashion is the most important part.

not everyone at SEA can fly to JP cz of downloading client and the thought of starting over. even people said the truth (like it's easier in JP or stuff), if it's in debate form, most people here would just deny it no matter what and put a blind eye.

and yah some team already migrated to JP, lesser better imo. it's not like JP's B1 is better than SEA's B10 anyway

hoangsea
Dec 6, 2015, 05:52 AM
I don't understand how they got jealous over JP server player.
They can always move if they want those stuff that badly, there's like plenty of SEAmen moving out to JP already.

that's why we got plenty of cancer players at mining base now
i already stop joining defend base EQ 1-3. It flood with no skill people and afkers :-?

TaigaUC
Dec 6, 2015, 09:10 AM
It's easy to start over on JP. Plus there's way more content.
If you already know how to play, you can get a class to 70 in a week or two. Yes, I've done that.

@hoangsea
Those people sound awful.
I find that normal people tend to blame other people for their own failures, and refuse to change themselves. They don't realize they're doing something wrong. That's why they will suck forever.

Sometimes, one of my friends complains that a game (eg. PSO2) is broken.
But, I don't have a problem beating those games. So, I tell him stuff like, "if other people can do it, you're probably doing something wrong."
I encourage him to improve himself, and he does.

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 09:58 AM
I'm still wondering why the SEA version has a terrible English translation and typos everywhere, especially in comparison to JP's unofficial english translation.

And this is coming from a SEA-only player.

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 10:08 AM
Speaking of which, the only reason I am still at SEA is because I am lucky enough to be with a great Team.

How much am I 'punishing' myself for not the JP version.

emeraude
Dec 6, 2015, 10:24 AM
Speaking of which, the only reason I am still at SEA is because I am lucky enough to be with a great Team.

How much am I 'punishing' myself for not the JP version.

I loved my team on SEA to bits but there was a dry spell between updates and you can only do AQ so many times before you get sick of it so- I tried JP.

That was a year ago. Now most of my SEA team is on JP. Lol.

Personally I was like 'yeah I'll split time between servers' but the SEA mentality of branding me as a ~traitor~ (there was huge fallout with some people I thought were friends) because I actually played on JP servers really put me off. It's up to you really, just be aware that that sort of thing might happen.

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 10:26 AM
I loved my team on SEA to bits but there was a dry spell between updates and you can only do AQ so many times before you get sick of it so- I tried JP.

That was a year ago. Now most of my SEA team is on JP. Lol.

Personally I was like 'yeah I'll split time between servers' but the SEA mentality of branding me as a ~traitor~ (there was huge fallout with some people I thought were friends) because I actually played on JP servers really put me off. It's up to you really, just be aware that that sort of thing might happen.
Really? SEA players call players who dabbled in JP "traitors"?

In my team, we often relied upon our JP players to brief us on what to expect/information on the JP side.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 10:51 AM
SEA mentality of branding me as a ~traitor~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 10:56 AM
Actually, how different are the prices between SEA and JP?

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 11:08 AM
You can start comparing with Ursula costume price that you asked on quick question thread, i already give the price on that thread.
Unless there's people who are active on both region server in here, i doubt we'll can get the exact answer, though i guessing that costume price will be far more cheaper on JP since costume can be sell after you use it yourself.

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 11:12 AM
You can start comparing with Ursula costume price that you asked on quick question thread, i already give the price on that thread.
Unless there's people who are active on both region server in here, i doubt we'll can get the exact answer, though i guessing that costume price will be far more cheaper on JP since costume can be sell after you use it yourself.
Indeed. I think the cheapest I have seen for Ursula Repca is 1 million Meseta.

TheszNuts
Dec 6, 2015, 11:29 AM

Depending on the item though this may not be easily to compare. SEA is releasing items that JP has had for months, even years in some cases, so JP has had time for prices to drop. You probably need to ask what the prices were when said items first came out, iirc Ursula Repca was give or take a mil during its rotation.

seilent
Dec 6, 2015, 11:42 AM
100M - 200M hairstyles SEA, 10M - 20M JP (for same types)
10M PP boost SEA, 1M PP boost JP
almost everything is much cheaper at JP, except 5% element boost
it won't really affect players that spend alot AC though, normal casual players only can get limited fashion and stuff
still active at both currently (at least until my current level still not far from sea's lv cap)

u can sell again costume u wear too at sea, except the one with affix

edit : actually expired good scratch costume even worse, above 30M

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 11:49 AM
100M - 200M hairstyles SEA, 10M - 20M JP (for same types)
10M PP boost SEA, 1M PP boost JP
almost everything is much cheaper at JP, except 5% element boost
it won't really affect players that spend alot AC though, normal casual players only can get limited fashion and stuff
still active at both currently (at least until my current level still not far from sea's lv cap)

u can sell again costume u wear too at sea, except the one with affix

edit : actually expired good scratch costume even worse, above 30M
Pretty much because of low supply, and SEA players LOVE to put costumes at 100M.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 12:28 PM
100M - 200M hairstyles SEA
I do really hope this was just some kind of typo.

NephyrisX
Dec 6, 2015, 12:43 PM
I WISH.

It's not only common, but expected for any AC Scratch accessories and hairstyles to be priced from anywhere from 50 million to a freaking whopping 300 million.

It is rage-inducing, I tell you.

TheszNuts
Dec 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
No, thats really the nightmarish economy they have.

emeraude
Dec 6, 2015, 01:02 PM

No no that's kind of low end for hairstyles actually! I heard Misty Twin Tails tickets change hands for around 450mil. I stopped playing seriously when I bought Sit3 for like-- 47mil?

The economy got really, really inflated when dance 4 and the first scratch completion scheme hit SEA. Before that, the costumes and accs averaged less than 10mil. The first time LAs hit 40mil, nobody was really sure it'd sell, but when it started selling for that (again, back then, being seen with the latest accs/LA/costumes was #winning), people just put it up as such and it actually sold.

On my ship when Panis Wings hit it was the first time accs crossed 80mil, there was a huge scandal about abusing account creation for free AC tickets, and by the time AS caught onto it the players involved had already amassed a lot of meseta to feed into the market. During that time affixing wasn't really...I don't know, paid much attention to, so no meseta sinks except cosmetics. It escalated really, really quickly and now I don't even want to know how much stuff is on SEA.

HentaiLolicon
Dec 6, 2015, 03:06 PM
That's how every games published by AsiaSucks end. They just run the game on some potato server and start sucking money using the same strategy of course ( raise bosses 's damage to sell cash ressurect items, stat-ed/slotted costume, and super retarded grind/upgrade rate to sell boosters...). Yet, those games have no controlment at all, bots are set loose, bugs abusiveness, RMT... Frankly, their business way is sniffing out a good game, milk it till it's dead then move on a new one.

TaigaUC
Dec 6, 2015, 07:57 PM
the SEA mentality of branding me as a ~traitor~ (there was huge fallout with some people I thought were friends) because I actually played on JP servers really put me off.

Sounds immature. If JP was evil, I might understand.
But I don't think there's anything wrong with just playing on the JP server instead.

hanekawa
Dec 6, 2015, 08:52 PM
No no that's kind of low end for hairstyles actually! I heard Misty Twin Tails tickets change hands for around 450mil. I stopped playing seriously when I bought Sit3 for like-- 47mil?

The economy got really, really inflated when dance 4 and the first scratch completion scheme hit SEA. Before that, the costumes and accs averaged less than 10mil. The first time LAs hit 40mil, nobody was really sure it'd sell, but when it started selling for that (again, back then, being seen with the latest accs/LA/costumes was #winning), people just put it up as such and it actually sold.

On my ship when Panis Wings hit it was the first time accs crossed 80mil, there was a huge scandal about abusing account creation for free AC tickets, and by the time AS caught onto it the players involved had already amassed a lot of meseta to feed into the market. During that time affixing wasn't really...I don't know, paid much attention to, so no meseta sinks except cosmetics. It escalated really, really quickly and now I don't even want to know how much stuff is on SEA.

you mean 600m for misty's hair ticket (for SEA ship2 that is). 1 is about 350m

If you did went back to SEA to try it out. il arts and sat cannon etc I woulda say face palm :>
(Anyone who played ep2 during JP times will get what i meant for PA mechanic wise for the new SHAQ PAs)

Luther's HP is pre-adjusted
Chain banish and vol era is already over lel. Advance “nerf” topkek

Honestly, the translation is just laughable… I guess pretty much atm its looks quite similar to what happen at during Ep2.5 -> transition (in a smaller community scale)
For economical, PSO2 have loads of inflation the game had to begin with only to introduce sinks later (like 11 grinding etc)...
So long you are selective on fashion it should be fine i guess. As for collectors rip. (Fashion pricing scale for JP:SEA more or less 1:10)
Fodders wise are about the same or cheaper actually for now. Grinders are x 6~x10. Lack of grinder in server rip.

No idea on how their mindset work on outcasting. I generally welcome players to travel through and flow both servers to enjoy the experience then to sharing of knowledge later.
Ultimately it's one given choice which to stay on more or balance it out lol. Well obviously there will always be douchebag somewhere.

Nyansan
Dec 6, 2015, 08:55 PM
Yet, those games have no controlment at all, bots are set loose, bugs abusiveness, RMT.
Main reason why I quit SEA server. Even if you directly report stuff such as RMT (which is the main reason why the economy is so botched), the management's apparent indifference to the matter is very off-putting.

Fun fact: I actually messaged one of the GMs on SEA about a RMT bot hanging around B30 (or was it B40) back then. Said GM said that they weren't within her authority (which I could understand since they have a hierarchy with who deals with what) but will forward it to the person responsible for bot splatting to deal with it immediately.
Fast forward a couple of days, the same bot is STILL hanging around (same account and character name).
TL;DR: AS don't give two shiz about their server besides gaining profit.

NoobSpectre
Dec 6, 2015, 09:04 PM
Personally I was like 'yeah I'll split time between servers' but the SEA mentality of branding me as a ~traitor~

I don't care much about people migrating to JPN though, yes, people are packing after 918, but mostly the reason is that "lel fuck this shiet of pa nerf, my ever spammable 500k Hatou/Nazonde is gone so I'm leaving for JPN so I can do it there." Great, bye, no missing those, could do with less idiots for emergencies. Might have 20% do so for economy and content reasons, that's legit reason, not traitors.

The sole reason community hate migration of specific players is when they come back to boast off their success there, which is something like "hey I got a tmg 13* and 2.2k Ratk char stats, sucks to be you SEA for not getting so high Ratk." Its only +7 with pre-affix features and he dare to shove it to our face, while average end game tier should already reach 2.2k-2.8k ratk.

Anyways, Loser EQ recently with a returning player (main JPN, return SEA to check content update fella), ra/hu guy. Apparently he thinks slugging through Loser atk is a common practice, hence he died more than 20 times, its worst since he's the main wb.

And as for ridiculous price, other than supply problem, its mainly due to TA dailies, and people are hauling 2m a day. Might've reduce by the time of weekly TA, or People will rage and migrate again when that happens.

hanekawa
Dec 6, 2015, 09:23 PM
There's still alot things still "classify as broken" well iykim was expecting every thing to come fixed or at least the hybird post nerf version but meh.

Konquer
Dec 6, 2015, 09:25 PM
im glad i ditched sea, went to jp, and never looked back. (there's nothing left there since most of my friendly teammates either quit or went to jp)

also already achieved more than i ever got from the little time i spent in jp compared to sea. at least the shop pass rates arent severely rigged (JP: 1 shop pass every 10-20k FUN; SEA: grand total of 1 shop pass after more than 250k FUN++ (what was i supposed to do to get rid of my items or get meseta? grind TA everyday? f that))

HentaiLolicon
Dec 6, 2015, 09:27 PM
Let that PSO2SEA enjoys its last glorious moment. It'll die soon in the way which many other games died in AS's hand. Remember Ragnarok 2? It died literally after 6months regardless its huge fanbase, those who still play it are just whale.
*wipes tears* *goes into corner and laugh* Fuck AS

wefwq
Dec 6, 2015, 10:04 PM
im glad i ditched sea, went to jp, and never looked back. (there's nothing left there since most of my friendly teammates either quit or went to jp)

also already achieved more than i ever got from the little time i spent in jp compared to sea. at least the shop pass rates arent severely rigged (JP: 1 shop pass every 10-20k FUN; SEA: grand total of 1 shop pass after more than 250k FUN++ (what was i supposed to do to get rid of my items or get meseta? grind TA everyday? f that))
To be fair that PSO2JP EP1 are roughly the same as that.
I'll never forget that the ID i currently use (it was registered a day before OBT end, around July i think) never getting shop pass from FUN scratch until december update despite play the scratch every single day and being poor the entire time.
Though after that december update the shop pass rate seems to be slightly boosted.

As for TA, are actually kinda alike old JP too.
You go running daily TACO, twice if you have 2 character so you don't miss your daily meseta quota and there's no daily CO with decent payout yet aside from deliver X item x99 or kill Y enemy x99 but that's require massive amount of time and effort.

SEA has chance to fix their messup by adapting the JP fix though i doubt that asiasoft would bother doing so.

emeraude
Dec 6, 2015, 10:33 PM
Let that PSO2SEA enjoys its last glorious moment. It'll die soon in the way which many other games died in AS's hand. Remember Ragnarok 2? It died literally after 6months regardless its huge fanbase, those who still play it are just whale.
*wipes tears* *goes into corner and laugh* Fuck AS

I'm laughing so hard, RIP SEARO2. At least they gave the option to migrate to the main server. But that localization crashed and burned so hard.

Might have 20% do so for economy and content reasons, that's legit reason, not traitors.

Well, if I'm not having fun playing a game, why would I continue playing it? Hell I don't even play EQ Star Online 2 JP as much as I did anymore.

Sorry you guys got showoff douchebags though. If you ignore them they'll just come back to JP eventually. I've nothing against the SEA playerbase, it's just really sad comparing the handling between SEA and JP (no idea re: TW and TH).

seilent
Dec 6, 2015, 10:58 PM
Remember Ragnarok 2? It died literally after 6months regardless its huge fanbase

this
i like that game so much though. the dramas i mean

Meteor Weapon
Dec 6, 2015, 11:07 PM
The problem with SEA is it is using english as the main language of the game, and considering english is like the most well known language on the face of the planet, terrible usage of language became so obvious there's no point in hiding and defending it and the fact IP blocking gave so much trouble to an entire region, it wouldn't have became so loud if it was only blocked on one country. We pretty much ignored with whatever is going on on Taiwan because they don't mess with people's life with IP locking and it was only for their own country using their own language. Once you go english, you are exposing yourself to the world that you can't just reject it no matter what and Asiashit doesn't even realize this.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2015, 03:41 AM
From Google:

Language Approx. number of speakers
1. Chinese 1,197,000,000
2. Spanish 414,000,000
3. English 335,000,000
4. Hindi 260,000,000

I guess English is just the more common language amongst South East Asian countries?

The initial changes to SEA already sounded like it would implode in so many ways.
Everything basically panned out as expected. Especially going by AsiaSoft's past record.

Z-0
Dec 7, 2015, 06:25 AM
The above is native speakers, rather than all speakers of a language.

There are more speakers of English than any other language (counting L2, L3, etc... languages) since it's the lingua franca of the world at the moment, much like how it used to be Latin in the past. Mandarin is catching up, though, although it's still only like 50-75% use compared to English in total.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2015, 06:34 AM
Oh, I see. I just Google'd "most spoken languages in the world".
Thanks for clearing that up.

KLMS1
Dec 7, 2015, 06:30 PM
much like how it used to be Latin in the past.

That was mainly the educati and (Catholic) clergy though. Although I recall reading of a whatwasitnow, 18th-century English traveler or somesuch being rather suprised by being able to communicate with a Hungarian innkeeper in Latin...

But yeah, people need some kind of common "trade language". Before standardised modern official languages it was perfectly normal for people to be at least trilingual - besides whatever they gabbed with their neighbours with (and local dialects were often nigh mutually unintelligible) they usually needed to know another to deal with their rulers and the representatives thereof, plus the regional lingua franca typically used by travelers and merchants. Some would also have at least some grasp of whatever scriptural language(s) the local major religions might use to boot. Inhabitants of port cities and busy traffic junctions naturally tended to be even more polyglot.

Which is also why former colonies have tended to retain the old adminstrative languages of their erstwhile masters. The assorted technical specialists that keep states running they inherited were trained in those to begin with, and those provide a reasonably neutral middle ground the often quite diverse and varyingly antagonistic ethnic groups within the borders can more or less agree on without too many ruffled feathers.

Seeing as how the SEA region had at least three-four different colonial empires (much of Indonesia belonged to the Dutch, of all things...) plus the odd independent state here and there it's not particularly surprising if they default to English for regional interaction.

isCasted
Dec 8, 2015, 12:15 AM
Esperanto (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto) was supposed to become the universal language. Given how unpopular it still is (people do use it, though), maybe it's not really necessary.

KLMS1
Dec 8, 2015, 05:08 PM
You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. And the field was already saturated anyway. It's a little like how back in the day many a king was under the illusion major centers of trade could be ordered into being; not so, those grow organically out of circumstances or not at all. (My home city is a case in point.)

As a rule of thumb what becomes the lingua franca, in a particular field or more generally, is the vernacular of the group most widely influental in that field at the time assuming it isn't excessively inconvenient to learn or something. (Which is a major strike against Chinese becoming more than regionally influental for example.)

Maenara
Dec 8, 2015, 05:18 PM
You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. And the field was already saturated anyway. It's a little like how back in the day many a king was under the illusion major centers of trade could be ordered into being; not so, those grow organically out of circumstances or not at all. (My home city is a case in point.)

As a rule of thumb what becomes the lingua franca, in a particular field or more generally, is the vernacular of the group most widely influental in that field at the time assuming it isn't excessively inconvenient to learn or something. (Which is a major strike against Chinese becoming more than regionally influental for example.)

Reading this out of context, I was beyond confused.

KLMS1
Dec 8, 2015, 05:19 PM
I regret nothing. o3o