PDA

View Full Version : MB 3-8 Discussion: Head Slaps Glore (spoilers)

D-Inferno
Dec 9, 2015, 08:49 AM
So I guess Apprentice's body ate Anga or something.

Anyone know the exact plot of this?

Poyonche
Dec 9, 2015, 10:04 AM
Well it looked like Anga was transferring some Darker energy in the ground, was it to corrupt the place or was it giving energy to the body of DF Apprentice ?

And I think Apprentice ate Anga to finally get full strenght.

#BestAnalyseInTheWorld

Ezodagrom
Dec 10, 2015, 07:25 AM
I think anga was trying to unlock Apprentice's power seal and in the end merged with Apprentice's power.

Dycize
Dec 10, 2015, 07:45 AM
The best part of this MB was clearly the Sara/Klarys/Matoi sub-events. Fun stuff.

The part where Aurora calls out to her former friends tho. So the Genesis weapons are named after Photoners (or considering what happens at the end of this story segment... ARE the genesis weapons).
Kinda wish I understood more the parts where she talked about being the 1st Apprentice (also the ~most beautiful woman in the world~).

I think Anga was feeding energy to the DF body, then the body ate Anga when we defeated it (that insect darker swarm).
It's kind of a cop out that the last DF battle will be powered by Dead Anga(tm), but they didn't have many other options at this point.
Also seeing that Aurora is the very last Photoner ever... Got me thinking. With Double eaten, doesn't that mean that Luther is now also gone for good? (that also reminds me of the part where we get to tell Aurora "Xion is gone.", gee, she does get her share of mental slaps in the face along with Yucreeta's head bonks)

Maenara
Dec 10, 2015, 01:00 PM
Maybe the reason they haven't released ultimate Amduscia is because they realized they have no possible story justification for it.

Lyrise
Dec 10, 2015, 03:12 PM
If you think about how it's worked out, the Genesis weapons basically contain the consciousness of photoners in them - it would explain why the wielders of the Genesis weapons are chosen by the weapons themselves.

This story also goes into how Profound Darkness came to existence, and it's kind of a sad story at that. [SPOILER-BOX]The Profound Darkness was born of an experiment to clone Xion that the Photoners deemed a failure of a success. The reason for the clone: photoner society became too hard for Xion alone to manage as the administrator so they decided to create a clone of Xion to alleviate the situation. (Administration kinda like Xiao and ARKS) After many attempts, they finally manage to create the clone, but they couldn't control it as it basically took on all of the traits of negativity, greed and desire; This clone eventually became the Profound Darkness. So they decided to lock it away into Another Dimension(tm). [/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Dec 10, 2015, 04:45 PM
So where did Xiao came from? Was Xiao also a clone that never became the Profound Darkness? I don't think they ever did explain his origin very well except for the fact that Xion just created him.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 10, 2015, 05:00 PM
Xiao was made by Xion as backup basically. He has many of her abilities but lacks omniscience and isn't as capable as she is. He's comparable to Matoi in the sense that he was made by Xion and he's something like family for her.

Maenara
Dec 10, 2015, 05:10 PM
It would be amusing to eventually get a Luther-based Genesis weapon.

Alenoir
Dec 10, 2015, 05:29 PM
Super quick summary:

Aurora somehow materialized from within Eucrita, and she's the original Apprentice. She wasn't sure why she materialized. You got dragged around Lilipa, but Aurora mentions that she doesn't know of a planet called Lilipa or seen any of the mining base equipments used to seal Apprentice.

The group got to an ult map, Aurora mentions that's a very unstable area, and that Profound is using that as its feeding ground. You got thrown some enemy spawn where SEGA obviously had fun putting together, and Aurora told you a bit about herself and the how Profound came to be (Lyrise's post). Some very interesting names were thrown around when she yelled.

You get to the point where there's an Anga, and Aurora said that's the Apprentice power that got sealed in Lilipa is trying to feed off that Anga and awake itself instead. Aurora henshin into a souseki, Eucrita (Class: GU), and you guys murdered Anga. Apprentice actually absorbed the defeated Anga afterward and its going to awake and we're going TD4.

D-Inferno
Dec 10, 2015, 06:36 PM
Does it explain what Ultimate Mines is exactly?

Maybe the reason they haven't released ultimate Amduscia is because they realized they have no possible story justification for it.

AM-Aberrations would no doubt be a huge deal to the Dragonkin. It's prob not around because if it was an Ep3 map; it would still ultimately be centered around Anga again. I think something new will take Anga's place in Ep4 UQs.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 10, 2015, 07:26 PM
Ultimate mines looks like it's the underground of the mining base, based on the beginning of the quest. Anyway, i like how the quest was set up in terms of ennemies spawn it was actually smarter than we were used to and the fact UQ Nab Darkers got back their super-AI was fun. One last thing, according to Afin, we should say Anga Fundarji and not Fundarge :p

Maenara
Dec 10, 2015, 07:31 PM
Anyone else notice the story quest was completely devoid of aquatic-type DA-Aberrations?

Cyber Meteor
Dec 10, 2015, 07:33 PM
We can say the same for the story quest of 3-7 being devoid of Insect DA-aberration:-D

LonelyGaruga
Dec 10, 2015, 07:34 PM
They had no storyline reason to be there, thus they were not present. The Ultimate Naberius quest did the same thing. It had all of the regular darker types but no insect DA aberrations.

KLMS1
Dec 10, 2015, 07:37 PM
You don't see those much on Lillipa anyway outside the MBDs though. :|
Don't recall seeing too many of [Loser]'s bizarro poultry farm during it either FWIW, so obviously entirely a (Doppelganger) [Apprentice] venture.

If the scenery is to judge by it's the still operational parts of the legacy automated infrastructure that replenishes the mech population. :-?

Maenara
Dec 10, 2015, 08:05 PM
Basically, it's canon that Dark Falz Apprentice Gia is a DF-Aberration, which potentially establishes Gia as the canon suffix for DF-Aberrations. It also explains why Apprentice Gia doesn't have the correct coloring that a Dark Falz should have, DF-Aberrations must use the coloring of regular darkers instead of Yuga darkers.

Since Yuga insect Darkers are only appearing just as Apprentice Gia is about to, we must have to get Elder Gia and Loser Gia as well.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 10, 2015, 08:24 PM
Though Aquatic DA Abberations seem to match Elder's color scheme already.

Maenara
Dec 10, 2015, 08:29 PM
Though Aquatic DA Abberations seem to match Elder's color scheme already.

They match DF Elder's color scheme, but probably DF Elder Gia will match regular aquatic Darker's color scheme.

SteelMaverick
Dec 10, 2015, 10:16 PM

Ultimate Mines is from my understanding a distorted area of time-space which served as feeding grounds for the profound darkness. This distorted area is completely different than the reality of PSO2 as we know it. The term feeding grounds is pretty interesting and I think it sheds a lot of light on what Anga and the aberrations are.
(Although Aurora mentions now that the Profound Darkness has been revived, these feeding grounds have no real purpose, hence no Ult Amdu?)

From what I've theorised based on my understanding, I think Anga distorts an area and corrupts the enemies in the location and feeds off them. This includes Darkers as well which explains why Yuga Darkers exist and why Darkers could be infected in the first place.

This is noticeable in game via enemies getting more powerful over time in UQ (leaving an enemy alive long enough will cause it to be infected by Anga corruption cores).

Also remember that Anga is only technically a mag. Mags empower us with their own strength as we feed them. Anga eats enemies and empowers the Profound Darkness.

Pretty neat from Sega IMO.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 10, 2015, 10:51 PM
Phantom-type would likely replace Darkers as the main enemy, tho its still early to speculate.

Renvalt
Dec 11, 2015, 12:26 AM
Phantom-type would likely replace Darkers as the main enemy, tho its still early to speculate.

It could also be remnants of Photoner civilization, given how little we know about the Photoners in general (and for what it's worth, Lilipa doesn't seem to be a "Photoner" civ, though I could be wrong as a lot of the lore of this game is locked away behind the fact that I CANNOT UNDERSTAND JAPANESE!).

I mean "Phantoms" of the Photoner civilization... not exactly far-fetched, wouldn't you say?

KLMS1
Dec 11, 2015, 02:18 PM
Errr... aren't "we", the ARKS and the Fleet, the de facto "remnants of Photoner civilisation" or more accurately the direct creations and inheritors thereof?

Dycize
Dec 11, 2015, 06:30 PM
Well, we carry on their legacy, so to say, as yes, ARKS are pretty much a Photoner creation.
But I think Renvalt meant more in a ghostly sense. Like... Space ghosts? Their negative feelings and all. Admittedly those already created the Profound Darkness so...
Personally I'm not really seeing that development happening. What remained of the photoners was with Xion, and Xion is gone for good.
There would be Luther, but with Double gone, his fate is also leaning towards "gone for good".
The Genesis weapons and Aurora are pretty much the only things that are still Photoners in our time period. And I'm not really seeing those weapons being the cause for a brand new menace.

Also yeah, Aurora does not recognize a single bit of Lilipa (she also complains that the only thing there is "sand, sand, sand, sand and sand" during the desert part of the story quest), so it's rightfully out.
Photoners were pretty ridiculous in their time (I think Aurora mentions they were pretty much as gods), what with photons, making a Xion copy (even if that turned into the Profound Darkness) and creating ARKS. It took all they had in the end, but hey.
The Dark Falz and Profound Darkness plot is really wrapping up now, there's really not much left to cover for now.

KLMS1
Dec 11, 2015, 08:21 PM
Well, I suppose some kind of isolate colony that's gone all weird and/or gotten Darkerised in some fashion in the howeverlong years since the Photos effectively collapsed wouldn't be *too* far-fetched...

Or Flower Muscle Profound Darkness waking up and doing its own share of spatiotemporal shenanigans just makes weird stuff crawl out of the woodwork. :-?

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 08:26 PM
We need to bring Elder back so he can do this to his Darkers:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ka13VNR.png[/spoiler-box]

How else are we supposed to get aquatic Yugas?

Meteor Weapon
Dec 11, 2015, 08:31 PM
Inb4 Gettemhart isn't dead yet.

KLMS1
Dec 11, 2015, 08:36 PM
Depends on how dead exactly stuff [Double] noms counts as I guess.

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 08:42 PM
Depends on how dead exactly stuff [Double] noms counts as I guess.

From my perspective, I don't think Double actually ate all of Elder's power. For example, Double only ate a small portion of Magatsu's power, so Magatsu clones are quite weak compared to the real Magatsu(Who we have yet to see). Meanwhile when we visit Double's inner universe, the Elder clone we fight is noted as being oddly weak, by Luther.

Saagonsa
Dec 11, 2015, 08:44 PM
From my perspective, I don't think Double actually ate all of Elder's power. For example, Double only ate a small portion of Magatsu's power, so Magatsu clones are quite weak compared to the real Magatsu(Who we have yet to see). Meanwhile when we visit Double's inner universe, the Elder clone we fight is noted as being oddly weak, by Luther.

Isn't that because we absorbed Elder's power, which is now assimilated with the Profound Darkness?

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 08:49 PM
Isn't that because we absorbed Elder's power, which is now assimilated with the Profound Darkness?

Maybe, I played through the chapter in Japanese, so I've had to rely on other's interpretations thus far.

Selphea
Dec 11, 2015, 09:16 PM
So Apprentice gets nommed by Double, who also noms Elder and Loser
Then Double gets nommed by PD
Then PD gets nommed by Matoi
Then Matoi gets nommed by Persona
Then Persona spawns Anga
And Anga gets nommed by Apprentice

It's like a Falz centipede or something, gross!

LonelyGaruga
Dec 11, 2015, 09:37 PM
Maybe, I played through the chapter in Japanese, so I've had to rely on other's interpretations thus far.

That's what happens. In 2-2 Xiao gives the player the same ability to absorb darkers that Matoi has, who then proceeds to time travel to rescue Zeno, absorbing a part of [Elder]'s power in the fight. The same happens to [Loser] later on.

In 3-6, when [Double] is defeated, they recognize this ability, which is what gives them the idea to blast the player/Matoi, to try to turn them into PD. Player takes the hit, Matoi transfers all of the darker power they've absorbed into herself, and then [Persona] transfers that into themselves in 3-7.

Somewhat unrelated, this chapter fills in a lot of gaps in information about the nature of Ultimate areas, the Photoners, Dark Falzes, and the Profound Darkness.

Ultimate areas were created by Anga Fundarge to help fuel the Profound Darkness' revival. Each of the two areas were possible awakening sites for the Profound Darkness. Ultimate Lilipa went unused, but still had use as an area that the Profound Darkness could absorb photons from, which would help it return to full power (this is the same reason it attempts to destroy Naberius in the EQ). Anga Fundarge is used for this purpose, to help gather these photons for it. Probably, the biggest source was Dark Falz Apprentice, since Anga Fundarge was draining it when it was discovered in the story quest.

Regarding the Photoners, Aurora helps to establish that they were all colossal jackasses. Aurora herself states that all she cared about back before the PD incident was being the most beautiful Photoner. Abilities like cloning and changing bodies, like the DFs and Luther do, were developed by Photoners. They decided to attempt to clone Xion because Photoner society was beginning to expand too large for Xion to adequately act as administrator, so the idea was to create a double that could take over some of the work for her. The clone was superficially perfect and eventually started absorbing negative thoughts, desires, and photons, which eventually resulted in transforming into PD. PD itself consisted entirely of photons, so the Photoners couldn't physically seal it. Instead, they sealed the use of photons (I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, but it's why the Photoners could no longer use photons), which sealed PD as a result. Aurora mentions that one Photoner did the sealing process, which was some sort of sacrifice.

As for the Dark Falzes, the original hosts were all Photoners, and they're just really extreme cases of what fed the Profound Darkness. Aurora's vanity and beauty was basically all she cared about, much like how Luther only cares about omniscience. Probably, the same goes for [Double] and the original host of [Elder], except for their defining personality traits. Aurora seems to say that she willingly became [Apprentice], but also says that she was influenced into it by a voice in her head, which is probably the PD's influence manifesting as the Dark Falz personality. Dunno if it was really specified or not. Luther for a fact willingly became a Dark Falz, so it's possible that all Dark Falzes willingly converted. This seems to make [Persona] a genuine Dark Falz, as the criteria appears to merely be a person heavily corrupted by negative photons. Luther's status as a "faker" as dubbed by [Double] most likely refers to his reverting to a Photoner after becoming a Dark Falz, and not lacking some quality inherent to Dark Falzes as thought of one previous possibility.

This is all stuff that was translated by a friend of mine that I'm just sharing, so some information may be missing.

Also, Aurora looks like she's 10 because she was inside Euclita for 10 years. Afin and Euclita even have dialogue that enforces the implications this has.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 11, 2015, 10:25 PM
It's kinda weird Luther said he didn't know the reason why the Photoners attempt to create Xion's clone in the first place, and then comes Aurora explaining PD's original purpose.

He probably didn't wanna bother explaining.

Renvalt
Dec 11, 2015, 10:46 PM
Also, Aurora looks like she's 10 because she was inside Euclita for 10 years. Afin and Euclita even have dialogue that enforces the implications this has.

[SPOILER-BOX]Pray tell, what exactly are these implications?

And what exactly was Euclita doing during that 10 year time frame where she was infected? I can't exactly imagine that Double really did anything after kidnapping her, so it makes me wonder if she wasn't just left on Lilipa to wreak havoc (or maybe the twins ended up making her their playmate or something).

But yeah, what exactly does it imply for Aurora?[/SPOILER-BOX]

KLMS1
Dec 11, 2015, 10:53 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]PBut yeah, what exactly does it imply for Aurora?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, if nothing else she was probably getting mighty bored on the back seat.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 11, 2015, 10:54 PM
It's kinda weird Luther said he didn't know the reason why the Photoners attempt to create Xion's clone in the first place, and then comes Aurora explaining PD's original purpose.

He probably didn't wanna bother explaining.

He didn't know (at first) why Xion let them do that, as he knows she knew what would happen.

[SPOILER-BOX]Pray tell, what exactly are these implications?

And what exactly was Euclita doing during that 10 year time frame where she was infected? I can't exactly imagine that Double really did anything after kidnapping her, so it makes me wonder if she wasn't just left on Lilipa to wreak havoc (or maybe the twins ended up making her their playmate or something).

But yeah, what exactly does it imply for Aurora?[/SPOILER-BOX]

It means Aurora was just de-aged basically, that's all. Apprentice was still in her body when she entered Euclita's body, which is what caused that weirdness.

Zorua
Dec 11, 2015, 11:45 PM
What in the world was going on between Sara and Claris and Matoi?

Selphea
Dec 12, 2015, 12:03 AM
Supposedly they're like Lambda-No.11, Mu-No.12, and Nu-No.13

Japanese games and their obsession with artifically created loli sisters o.o

KLMS1
Dec 12, 2015, 12:04 AM
What in the world was going on between Sara and Claris and Matoi?

Hilarious triangle drama by the looks of it, especially since Matoi gets completely steamrolled personality-wise. "I-it's not like I'm jelly of my clone imouto or anything!"

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 12:08 AM
I just want a Claris Claes harem.

Selphea
Dec 12, 2015, 12:09 AM
Didn't Luther already make one?

KLMS1
Dec 12, 2015, 12:10 AM
Maybe some of that clone army survived? You'd probably have to ask Xiao and the Council about that though...

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 12:10 AM
Didn't Luther already make one?

Yeah but those ones were all braindead.

KLMS1
Dec 12, 2015, 12:15 AM
It could be argued that's not a very great distinction from the one we all know and, uh, love. :U

Selphea
Dec 12, 2015, 12:16 AM
That's what replacements are! At least they don't bite your finger.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/GG84dRg.png[/spoiler-box]

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 12:20 AM
Matoi's relation to Claris is simply being her predecessor as the 2nd generation Claris Claes. There's otherwise no relationship, just as there's no (known) relationship between either of them and Alma.

Claris and Sara's relationship is Sara being the character Claris was cloned from. Sara doesn't like Claris because she finds her grating, and Claris is an immature dimwit so the two of them bicker a lot.

I just want a Claris Claes harem.

Check Pixiv. Unless you already did and that's what prompted this request.

KLMS1
Dec 12, 2015, 12:24 AM
Let's just say that the "family resemblance" clearly isn't limited to face... though, from what I gather isn't Sara aware that Matoi's the one who helped her out during the Darker attack decade ago and hence kinda grateful?

Also looked to me like she was getting jelly af over Claris being able to talk shop with Matoi about weapons and whatnot though. (Followed by the daily quota of Tsunderitis naturally.)

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 12:27 AM
Check Pixiv. Unless you already did and that's what prompted this request.

That one image doesn't count.

Kayarine
Dec 12, 2015, 12:34 AM
Summary of Sara/KK/Matoi stuff in 3-8:

Clarisclaes wants to talk to Matoi because she was the previous Clarisclaes, and so approaches the player to ask about what present Matoi would like, as she believes starting with a present would make starting a conversation less awkward (and also to commemorate Matoi's return.) The player responds that Matoi probably would be happy with just her being happy. So Claris goes off, pondering what would make herself happy.

After that, the player also bumps into Sara. Sara also wants to talk to Matoi, and asks the same thing as Claris about a present for Matoi, etc. Unlike Claris though, Sara could already guess Matoi's personality regarding being happy with others being happy, and goes off to think about it some more.

Back on the Arks ship, both Claris and Sara approach Matoi at the same time and bicker some more, stuff like "why are you here too" and "why did you copy my idea". They give flowers from Naberius to Matoi, who accepts both.

After that, Claris enthusiastically asks questions to Matoi. About her new rod, it was requested from Jig by Xiao. About how Matoi got into the Council of Six, I didn't understand this part well, but there were mentions of Xion, the Abyss code (the absolute order thing in 2-5) and Claris going like "hmm, so it was the same as me then!"

Meanwhile, Sara is hiding in the corner mumbling about how Claris is hogging Matoi all to herself and asking too many questions. The player approaches and asks if she's jealous or lonely, and Sara denies it in her usual tsundere fashion. She's loud enough to get the attention of Claris and Matoi, who invite her to talk too.

Sara asks Matoi about her outfit, if dressing up is her hobby. Matoi gets flustered about it and says it was made/given by Xiao, and also comments that it helps her feel/control photons better, etc. Then Claris wonders about her own costume too, and points out that maybe Sara is weak because of the costume she wears. Sara gets annoyed at that and they bicker some more.

Zorua
Dec 12, 2015, 01:47 AM
-snip-

Thanks for the summary.

Darn tho, I was hoping that it was some kind of Claris Claes lezzy love triangle.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/YwuoY0q.jpg
This game is always crushing my dreams[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 03:33 AM
Darn tho, I was hoping that it was some kind of Claris Claes lezzy love triangle.

This game is always crushing my dreams[/SPOILER-BOX]

If you have a female character, Sukunahime calls you and Matoi lesbians in an earlier matterboard.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 12, 2015, 04:07 AM
They translated that part? I haven't really checked it myself yet

Renvalt
Dec 12, 2015, 04:11 AM
If you have a female character, Sukunahime calls you and Matoi lesbians in an earlier matterboard.

Does she actually say this in the original text, or was it another one of those "joke translations"?

I mean, not that I really care either way, but I just find it funny to a degree.

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 04:23 AM
They translated that part? I haven't really checked it myself yet

Yeah.

Does she actually say this in the original text, or was it another one of those "joke translations"?

I mean, not that I really care either way, but I just find it funny to a degree.

It's not a joke translation. Sukunahime doesn't literally call you a lesbian, it's just implied. She calls you and Matoi lovers, basically. Then Matoi stammers on about how you two can't be lovers, because you're both girls. Sukunahime laughs and says some other stuff on the matter that I can't remember.

KLMS1
Dec 12, 2015, 01:17 PM
IIRC Matoi then heroically tries to riposte with something related to Kotoshiro (you can pitch in if you want)... and Sukuna more or less just laughs in her face and explains she's basically his adoptive mother.

...Io and Matoi should probably form some kind of troll-bait support group.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2015, 02:54 PM
Sukunahime laughs and says some other stuff on the matter that I can't remember.

Philosophical stuff about love seeing with the heart, and not the eyes. Something of that nature. Even though an understandable standpoint for many, sukunahime's main objective from the get go was to tease matoi; it was a convenient tool to tear down matoi's 'but we're both girls!' defense to fluster her further.
Matoi then tries to switch the subjects of the discussion to sukunahime, and kotoshiro's relationship.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 12, 2015, 08:04 PM
Well it's a good thing matoi recognize gender similarity or difference. Afin on the other hand just keep going on with his AIBROS routine.

KLMS1
Dec 13, 2015, 01:41 AM
Well HE is a damn siscon anyway. o3o

Renvalt
Dec 13, 2015, 03:00 AM
Well it's a good thing matoi recognize gender similarity or difference. Afin on the other hand just keep going on with his AIBROS routine.

Pretty sure that "aibou" is a gender neutral term. But I may be missing the point here.

Well HE is a damn siscon anyway. o3o

I can forgive him on that since his sister's a hottie.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2015, 03:51 AM

Overrated. But then again, being rendered in PSO2 is less than flattering for every character.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 13, 2015, 03:55 AM
Pretty sure that "aibou" is a gender neutral term. But I may be missing the point here.

Afin's treatment of the player is what comes off as male, hence the aibro pun.

What. Euclita is not...well, opinions. But seriously. Your sister goes missing 10 years ago, you'd be worried about her, wouldn't you? Afin's just being a responsible sibling.

Maenara
Dec 13, 2015, 06:50 AM
ARKS Intercept Bros