PDA

View Full Version : Controller set ups

Shadowcat9
Dec 9, 2015, 11:03 PM
ok I wont bug you all this is my last time asking questions....
how do I set up my controller without it being blocked out such as the trigger set ups when it gets there it don't responds the analog sticks work but not the triggers -_-
do anybody know how to use the Xbox One controller on PSO2?

wefwq
Dec 9, 2015, 11:24 PM
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

Shadowth117
Dec 9, 2015, 11:29 PM
So here's the problem: Sega never added support for Microsoft's improved Xbox controller drivers. For the 360 and original One controller drivers, the triggers are on a single axis. This actually makes it impossible to use both triggers at once normally since the axis moves from the middle up or down instead of one direction like a normal axis. With the newer one, which I'm assuming you got in Win10 or something, this isn't an issue because there is a separate axis for each trigger. However as a result, older games that don't allow much customization don't like it.

tldr; PSO2 doesn't support that driver. You can downgrade to the old driver (you might have to download it somewhere), but otherwise it won't work properly because Sega and Microsoft are terrible.

Shadowcat9
Dec 10, 2015, 12:36 AM
thank you

Anduril
tldr; PSO2 doesn't support that driver. You can downgrade to the old driver (you might have to download it somewhere), but otherwise it won't work properly because Sega and Microsoft are terrible.
To elaborate, here's how to use the old drivers instead of Windows 10's built-in drivers:

Download the "PC drivers for Xbox One Controller" from here (http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/). (x64 if you have a 64-bit system, x86 if you have a 32-bit system.)
Install them onto your system using the .msi you just downloaded.
Now, go into Control Panel>"Printers & Devices."
Right click the controller, go to "Properties," then hit the "Hardware" tab; you should see three items.
Click on "XBox One Controller," hit "Properties," hit "Change Settings," then go to the "Driver" tab.
Hit "Update Driver," then "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list...," uncheck "Show compatible hardware," then select "Microsoft XBox One Controller." A warning will pop-up, but continue anyway.
Do the same and change "XINPUT compatible HID device" to "HID-compliant input device".
Restart, and it should work now.

EDIT: Updated link since XBox support no longer has the download of the drivers.

Shadowcat9
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

I AM SUPER SORRY >< I will be here more often to chat with you guys I promise

Shadowcat9
Dec 10, 2015, 12:42 AM
To elaborate, here's how to use the old drivers instead of Windows 10's built-in drivers:

Download the "PC drivers for Xbox One Controller" from here (http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/). (x64 if you have a 64-bit system, x86 if you have a 32-bit system.)
Install them onto your system using the .msi you just downloaded.
Now, go into Control Panel>"Printers & Devices."
Right click the controller, go to "Properties," then hit the "Hardware" tab; you should see three items.
Click on "XBox One Controller," hit "Properties," hit "Change Settings," then go to the "Driver" tab.
Hit "Update Driver," then "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list...," uncheck "Show compatible hardware," then select "Microsoft XBox One Controller." A warning will pop-up, but continue anyway.
Do the same and change "XINPUT compatible HID device" to "HID-compliant input device".
Restart, and it should work now.

EDIT: Updated link since XBox support no longer has the download of the drivers.

awesome!!! thank you very much!!!

Shadowcat9
Dec 10, 2015, 12:53 AM
ok I have a problem I don't see "Microsoft" I see Xbox Controller DFU, Xbox Elite controller, and Xbox gaming controller

Anduril
Dec 10, 2015, 01:02 AM
ok I have a problem I don't see "Microsoft" I see Xbox Controller DFU, Xbox Elite controller, and Xbox gaming controller
Did you make sure to uncheck the "Show compatible hardware" box?

Shadowcat9
Dec 10, 2015, 01:51 AM
yes and no show