PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 controller not working after patch

iridesence
Dec 10, 2015, 03:24 PM
did something change with the latest patch? since i updated the game i can no longer use my Xbox 360 controller to play PSO2.

im scratching my head currently on how to fix this issue atm, any help would be appreciated. im pretty much at the point of trying a full driver reinstall for the 360 controller.

i much prefer to play the game on that controller is it is much easier on my hands which have had problems in the past.

edit: full driver reinstall did not solve issue, the controller is working on other games so it appears to be a PSO2 issue.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 10, 2015, 04:31 PM
I play with 360 controller and I had no issue using with new update (or any update for that matter)

I'd assume patch don't affect game settings.

Check if your computer recognize the controller. If it doesn't then might wanna diagnose the driver.

kiakan
Dec 10, 2015, 04:43 PM
Is this a wired or wireless controller? My wired 360 controller is working fine.

Jei182
Dec 10, 2015, 05:19 PM
Is this a wired or wireless controller? My wired 360 controller is working fine.
I use a wireless but I haven't had any issues. Are you using Windows 10? I had to downgrade and clean reinstall to 7 before the latest update (I was playing PSO when Windows 10 started to bug out on me but I had previously lost Edge, Store, and Calculator a few days before so I was playing with a buggy Windows 10 for a few days). Maybe it's a random OS issue (on 10 at least) but I'm not sure what it could be.

iridesence
Dec 11, 2015, 02:41 AM
wired controller. and the computer sees the controller, and the drivers are u to date(installed manually with latest drivers directly from microsoft). using windows 7 atm.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 11, 2015, 05:22 AM
Perhaps update gamepad settings in game.

Edit: since it seem to happen after patch try to play game on vanilla version (no patch) and see if it works then.

wefwq
Dec 11, 2015, 06:52 AM
My wired XB360 controller work just fine, and i never be bothered with installing any driver for it manually.

Try to delete your PSO2 user config file on MyDocuments folder, but be sure to make backup before doing so.
Then run JP launcher to generate the new, fresh config file.

Keep in mind that certain settings may be reverted to it's default state and you have to adjust it back accordingly to your own liking, some settings are stored server-side though.

jooozek
Dec 11, 2015, 07:13 AM
my wired one works just fine on w10 pro 64bit