PDA

View Full Version : TD4:Demise is scheduled-only

Aine
Dec 11, 2015, 03:31 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20151125/02/

At least there's no mention of a run limit per ship...

EvilMag
Dec 11, 2015, 03:34 AM
I wonder how the JP are reacting to this.

This is really dumb

Shinamori
Dec 11, 2015, 03:37 AM
Usually, anything with 13* drops is scheduled. Save for seasonal EQs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wSn4rdQJc

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 03:37 AM
lol
can't wait to figure out which 2 hours of each day are allowed to have the EQ.

wefwq
Dec 11, 2015, 05:37 AM
Well, we already had magatsu and PD being like this so i don't really surprised or annoyed, though it's still dumb that more EQ are locked out just like that.
It feels like that everything that involve *13 drops are locked behind the bar, it gets more stupid and ridiculous on each update.

Eh, also it looks like we got new stone kind to collect and give it to Zieg.

AmanoMai
Dec 11, 2015, 06:43 AM
hnn i dont get it
why are people raging over scheduled only? isn't it easier to find time to do it when it's scheduled?

Z-0
Dec 11, 2015, 06:44 AM
Most of us here live in the West, rather than in Asia, so scheduled EQs are hard to get to because of obligations and sleep.

Furthermore, it also makes the game really stale during random times as there's nothing interesting that can come up.

AmanoMai
Dec 11, 2015, 06:50 AM
Most of us here live in the West, rather than in Asia, so scheduled EQs are hard to get to because of obligations and sleep.

Furthermore, it also makes the game really stale during random times as there's nothing interesting that can come up.

i see, time zone is a bitch indeed

though the game would still be stale in random times either way. Since people would either afk in lobby waitting for random EQ or just log in after a notice from their es

SteelMaverick
Dec 11, 2015, 07:57 AM
Oops, someone already mentioned new stones (Geologist Class when Sega?), but some additional info.
Two new types in the same vein as Caligula and Nero.

Pleiades stones, which drop from all TDs. Sega's way of encouraging people to do them nowadays, basically the equivalent to Nero which encourages people to do Falz related EQs.

Torana stones, which only drop from TD4 itself, the 'Caligula' of the Orbit Series.

Aine
Dec 11, 2015, 08:20 AM
Orbit can also drop directly in TD4, but not 1~3, so I'm assuming they drop from Apprentice.

Achelousaurus
Dec 11, 2015, 09:41 AM
Is Orbit series gonna be stronger than Austere?
Cause if, I'ma laugh my ass off.

TaigaUC
Dec 11, 2015, 09:52 AM
I think the whole point of random and scheduled EQs is to regulate content over a long period. Less work, and it's just enough to keep people interested and active.
If SEGA put more effort into adding interesting quest variations instead of relying so much on dripfeeding short content, all of these quests would probably be accessible at any time.

Challenge Quest, for example, usually have enough variation to keep people busy for a while. And they're always accessible.

Halikus
Dec 11, 2015, 10:42 AM
Is Orbit series gonna be stronger than Austere?
Cause if, I'ma laugh my ass off.

It wouldn't be powercreep star online 2 otherwise

Flaoc
Dec 11, 2015, 11:11 AM
be pretty stupid for the profound darkness weapons to lose to apprentice weapons already but sega

Gwyndolin
Dec 11, 2015, 11:28 AM
Oops, someone already mentioned new stones (Geologist Class when Sega?), but some additional info.
Two new types in the same vein as Caligula and Nero.

Pleiades stones, which drop from all TDs. Sega's way of encouraging people to do them nowadays, basically the equivalent to Nero which encourages people to do Falz related EQs.

Torana stones, which only drop from TD4 itself, the 'Caligula' of the Orbit Series.

LOL @ geologist class! So very true!

Shinamori
Dec 11, 2015, 12:14 PM
I don't think it will be stronger than Austere. Maybe slightly stronger or weaker than Ares.

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 12:27 PM

This. In EST, scheduled EQs typically come at around 9~11 AM, and 8~2 AM. This leaves about two hours every day that the everyman can even participate in EQs worth a damn. There's just no legitimate reason to limit an EQ to scheduled-only when you can have it be random AND scheduled.

wefwq
Dec 11, 2015, 12:46 PM
This. In EST, scheduled EQs typically come at around 9~11 AM, and 8~2 AM. This leaves about two hours every day that the everyman can even participate in EQs worth a damn. There's just no legitimate reason to limit an EQ to scheduled-only when you can have it be random AND scheduled.
They being too scared that some no-life might camp all day long a week for like a month to grind senseless leaving so-called "normies" behind, rushing content.
SEGA want their stick being very long after all, since there's like almost nothing left for EP3 to offer.

They probably feels making those "spotlight" EQ being pre-scheduled only will do justice for everyone.
tbh the one that killed PSO2 are EQ being pre-scheduled most of time.

Skornedemon
Dec 11, 2015, 12:54 PM
Sooo.... does no one remember that Despair was once only scheduled?

un1t27
Dec 11, 2015, 01:19 PM
http://sl.uploads.im/jVxcI.gif

Poyonche
Dec 11, 2015, 01:21 PM

Me and my redfish memory do not remember.

Bellion
Dec 11, 2015, 01:26 PM
Nope, I always remembered going for randomly occurring MBD3s to level up.

reaper527
Dec 11, 2015, 01:38 PM
the way sega loves making new stones, that extra storage can't get here soon enough.

Azure Falcon
Dec 11, 2015, 01:45 PM
So the hardest TD is going to be scheduled only and require a massive stone farm to get Orbital? Yeah, I'll be skipping it then.

I remember how few successful XH TD3 runs I got in the first few months, grinding out hundreds of RNG stone drops on something you can run twice a week with the average (ridiculously high) TD MPA failure rate doesn't sound appealing in the slightest.

Dnd
Dec 11, 2015, 01:57 PM

pretty sure it wasnt?

Zarixx
Dec 11, 2015, 03:48 PM
pretty sure it wasnt?

It was. TD3 was originally scheduled up until Episode 3 came out. Then it went onto the list of EQs that could appear Unscheduled.

EvilMag
Dec 11, 2015, 03:50 PM
No it wasn't. I remember playing a random TD3 that came up that afternoon when it first came out.

Shinamori
Dec 11, 2015, 03:52 PM
I think it became more frequent.

Zanverse
Dec 11, 2015, 04:17 PM
>Western fans pissy @ SEGA for scheduling EQs on Japanese time
>As if PSO2 was meant for Western fans

k :wacko:

I've already realized that the game wasn't made for my western self, therefore the EQs should not have to run on my time, so I don't even complain anymore. I just try my best to wake up on time/stay up until the EQ happens.

Also, I could've sworn TD3 was scheduled until around Episode 3.

Poyonche
Dec 11, 2015, 04:32 PM
I didn't know until Episode 3 that scheduled EQs were a thing so... :/

Sandmind
Dec 11, 2015, 04:32 PM
I agree with Zanverse on the whole EQ schedule being for jpn time. The only weird ones is when I look at the clock and it's for 6h am jpn.

TD4 being scheduled only would a bad thing? With the failure rate of XH TD3 with pug? Let's me flip that around, people with a large group can simply prepare for TD4 in advance. For a mostly solo players like me, I might just troll Apprentice Gia on normal 1 time to see how the EQ goes and forget it exist after that. :wacko:

Skornedemon
Dec 11, 2015, 05:00 PM
No it wasn't. I remember playing a random TD3 that came up that afternoon when it first came out.

Most likely wasn't random. It was scheduled only for a while.

Maenara
Dec 11, 2015, 05:05 PM

I've already realized that the game wasn't made for my western self, therefore the EQs should not have to run on my time, so I don't even complain anymore. I just try my best to wake up on time/stay up until the EQ happens.

Also, I could've sworn TD3 was scheduled until around Episode 3.

We're pissy because there's no good reason to make an EQ scheduled-only when it can be random AND scheduled. Making it scheduled-only does literally nothing except cut down on the possible number of times it can occur within a given timeframe.

Bellion
Dec 11, 2015, 05:08 PM
The JP times actually go well with my class schedule. :- )
What I don't understand is the logic behind why it can't be scheduled AND randomly occurring. There were complaints about players missing random ones and it has led to this, but even missing some and then being able to catch the rest of the random ones + the scheduled ones leads to more stuff for them regardless. As opposed to being only scheduled ones that exist, of course.

It seems like people don't want to be left behind compared to other players that are able to catch all random + scheduled, but is that what it actually comes down to?
Seems as lame as the reason behind why top tier rares aren't allowed to be sold on the market.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 11, 2015, 05:12 PM
Most likely wasn't random. It was scheduled only for a while.

Mining Base Defense: Despair was never a schedule only quest. Check the updates.

Xaelouse
Dec 11, 2015, 05:34 PM
Much appreciated, SGNM

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 11, 2015, 05:44 PM
I don't see the benefit of having it scheduled only, considering that having less chances to do it = less people getting to experience TD4 = longer time for a meta to develop. TD3 already fails enough and people continue to fail it to this day even with all the stream of buffs classes and weapons have been getting lately. TD4 is just gonna be even worse, y'know?

SlN
Dec 11, 2015, 05:45 PM
Alright tell me who didnt see that coming

Shirai
Dec 11, 2015, 05:47 PM
Couldn't have guessed this!

TaigaUC
Dec 11, 2015, 10:35 PM
I don't recall TD3 ever being only scheduled. It was always random, too.

I have some JP friends who play at weird times.
One of them was saying that in the past they used to schedule more EQs during the night for JP night players, but up until a few weeks ago they rarely had any.
They only started scheduling late night EQs again with PD, what with PD being the only source for Caligula and all.

Hysteria1987
Dec 12, 2015, 01:51 AM

I'm only 1-2hrs off Japan time (depending on DST), and the scheduled times are still a proper pain due to work, study, etc. I know the fact that these things are scheduled is because some people complained they weren't getting every last EQ, but they'd still end up with a net benefit over scheduled-only by catching just one random.

hoangsea
Dec 12, 2015, 01:54 AM
hope that it will be very hard and limited 1 run per EQ
i don't mind if it's can hold up 30' per run

NightfallG
Dec 12, 2015, 03:56 AM
Seriously, why would anyone whether they're JP or not want less chances to do a cool quest, especially a technical one like a new TD?

Z-0
Dec 12, 2015, 05:31 AM

People are not complaining about the EQ being scheduled for JP time.

People are complaining that the EQ is scheduled only, which is kind of silly.

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 05:40 AM
I'm only 1-2hrs off Japan time (depending on DST), and the scheduled times are still a proper pain due to work, study, etc. I know the fact that these things are scheduled is because some people complained they weren't getting every last EQ, but they'd still end up with a net benefit over scheduled-only by catching just one random.

If you think about it, those people are literally complaining about the fact that they have to stay up 24 hours every day, otherwise it might be possible for someone to run the quest more than them.

It would be like me asking Sega to shut down the servers for eight hours every night so that I don't spend all 24 hours of every day farming. Why does Sega bow to these people?

EvilMag
Dec 12, 2015, 05:45 AM
Sega has the mentality that everyone must hold hands and walk together at the same pace.

That shit is the god damn cancer to this game.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 12:44 PM
It would be like me asking Sega to shut down the servers for eight hours every night so that I don't spend all 24 hours of every day farming. Why does Sega bow to these people?

Because the truth of the matter is that Sega does this to regulate how many times at most a person can run the quest. They don't do it to make it easier for people to run. Just look at what they did to Magatsu.

Tenlade
Dec 12, 2015, 01:29 PM
Sega has the mentality that everyone must hold hands and walk together at the same pace.

That shit is the god damn cancer to this game.

the original plan was to keep players preoccupied with ultimate quests, but those proved too long to make and the grind too long to keep people interested. That caused people to resort to boss farming to get anga/gryphon weapons faster. They cant raise the level cap and they cant keep releasing more weapons for you to hunt because the powercreep would explode.

they have no way to keep palyers playing until ep4 and are now just trying to stall with as many tactics as possible. grind every class for a bonus, fill out every matterboard for camos, etc. but every long time player has already done this.

the schedule only is to intentionally limit how fast you can obtain the weapons so you are at least coming back until the next EQ releases, because they have nothing else.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2015, 03:14 PM
the original plan was to keep players preoccupied with ultimate quests, but those proved too long to make and the grind too long to keep people interested. That caused people to resort to boss farming to get anga/gryphon weapons faster. They cant raise the level cap and they cant keep releasing more weapons for you to hunt because the powercreep would explode.

they have no way to keep palyers playing until ep4 and are now just trying to stall with as many tactics as possible. grind every class for a bonus, fill out every matterboard for camos, etc. but every long time player has already done this.

the schedule only is to intentionally limit how fast you can obtain the weapons so you are at least coming back until the next EQ releases, because they have nothing else.

Which is why old time players coined the term 'EQ-simulator online 2'. Most of us just wait for those to actually play the game.

Kole
Dec 12, 2015, 03:35 PM
Considering how much I hate the base EQs, this should be more than hard enough to make up what Profound Darkness lacked.

Zanverse
Dec 12, 2015, 03:48 PM
Let's put it this way:

Repetitive EQs that happen at least three times a day (Darker's Den, TD1-2, etc.) are kind of annoying. People will lose interest quicker, and by end of the first week, not as much people would care much about it. If an EQ is scheduled, that'll encourage players to try and make it on time to the next EQ if they missed the daily one. Yeah, sure, people would still get bored of the EQ eventually, but less appearance means the chance of people losing interest quickly will lower, which I'm sure is what SEGA wants. SEGA wants to keep the hype. Honestly, I don't see an issue with it at all, because I know that soon enough, TD4 will become unscheduled, like Loser and Elder and the other TDs.

Z-0
Dec 12, 2015, 03:49 PM
Considering that people played TD1 and Magatsu for a long time well after they got released, I don't think so.

All they need to do is make them worth playing for people to play them. People only don't play the TDs because of Magatsu's existence, for example.

PS: TD1 is super fun.

EvilMag
Dec 12, 2015, 03:54 PM
People don't play older EQs because newer ones shit all over them when it comes to reward, exp and "fun"

As Z-0 pointed out Magatsu shits all over the minings in terms of excubes. Even Eloser and Profound as well. The problem isn't that the quests aren't fun (they are...well except Magatsu) the problem is Power creep.

Elder was power creeped to hell when TD1 first came out. Not only was TD1 was a lot more fun, you had a better chance at getting Elder's 11*s there back then. There was no reason to play Elder for a while until they bumped him up to Lv70.

Hysteria1987
Dec 12, 2015, 05:18 PM
I still basically play every EQ that I come across (which isn't many, because I don't play so much any more :P), because there's a serious lack of interesting things to do outside of those times. Honestly I don't think it would hurt them to put some of the more interesting/less game-breaking EQs up for permanent selection.

Of course, the trouble THEN would be that maybe nobody would play them, just like every other quest :P

I've always thought it'd be fun to make my own MMORPG that addresses the issues this game has. I actually put some thought into this once, I'd want it to be a sort of cross between PSO (the original) and LoZ. I've always been the creative ideas type, but I'd need time and skills I don't have, so it's something that'll never happen, but hey, design is fun.

sesiom000
Dec 12, 2015, 05:57 PM
Emergency Quests were always what killed this game...

1- All the non Pre-Schedule ones are basically waste of time like darker den,forest,mines,tower defense 1 and 2 they get you basically nothing if your an old player, hell your lucky too get 10 excubes from those 50 minute or so EQ...

2- The Pre-Schedule ones are basically pinatas that give 90 excubes like magatsu in 40 minutes or so and give you the best weapon in the game just by leeching and watching Ooze a God like boss but a weakling die in 10 Minutes, making the rest of the game obsolete...

3- Even if you have the rest of the day free but couldn't get on time to the Pre-Schedule quest you're screwed because there is nothing that by playing all day long can get you 90 excubes ( not even 20)

Thats whats wrong with this game you get more by just simply logging in and do a PD or a Magatsu,than actually staying playing the game...
Farming ultimate quests non stop too get a 13 star weapon with 20 elemental that became obsolete with the release of the *invade and the upcoming orbit series witch you can get in a week and comes already maxed out without having to waste months farming 1 stone at a time (Facepalm)

I remember back on episode 1 in the beginning you could farm for weapons and sell then too NPCs and get you a nice quantity of meseta and they nerfed it and when people where farming Free maps (yea there was that time) and they limited the room time to 4 hours...
Back then the free maps had huge amounts of gameplay time in them ruined by the stupid RNG drops where people got tired and left...
Now we have good RNG drops on the Pre-Schedule EQ but no gameplay time and people leave the same...

In the end Phantasy Star Online 2 is broken...

I hope they "REBORN" this game in EP 4 and put some actual gameplay and not some 10 minute stupid eq...

Edit:Sorry i meant invade series not austere!

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 06:07 PM
Farming ultimate quests non stop too get a 13 star weapon with 20 elemental that became obsolete with the release of the austere and the upcoming orbit series witch you can get in a week and comes already maxed out without having to waste months farming 1 stone at a time (Facepalm)

Source?

sesiom000
Dec 12, 2015, 06:15 PM
Source?

we can be almost sure that it will be maxed out weapon being a Pre-Schedule quest and requiring you too get 2 types of stones.

Flaoc
Dec 12, 2015, 06:16 PM
not really look at austere

Weiss9029
Dec 12, 2015, 06:19 PM
we can be almost sure that it will be maxed out weapon being a Pre-Schedule quest and requiring you too get 2 types of stones.
*Cough* Austere *Cough*

Rehal
Dec 12, 2015, 07:16 PM

Pre-schedule quest + 2 types of stones? that reminds me of Magatsu stuffs.

http://puu.sh/lTkcU/6ef162e1b7.jpg

TaigaUC
Dec 12, 2015, 08:51 PM
I get bored doing the same thing over and over. It burns me out way faster.
That being said, it took me a long while to get sick of TD3, and I used to do it nearly every time it popped.
I think TD3 has just enough variation to keep things exciting.
It's satisfying to have it go smoothly, and frustrating when people suck balls.

I don't feel confident that TD4 will become unscheduled. Magatsu and Elder+Luther have not.
In fact, Magatsu stopped being random and became schedule-only.
I'm sure part of the reason why stuff is schedule-only is because some people were transferring between ships just to do EQs.
Especially when it's about farming for fancy stuff. SEGA doesn't want people jumping out of line.

sesiom000
Dec 12, 2015, 08:53 PM
*Cough* Austere *Cough*

I meant invade not austere my bad.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 09:11 PM
Invade only uses Caligula stones and is pretty much a 13* equivalent to Red/Blue weapons. Not really something to compare with.

I was just hoping you actually had a source I wasn't aware about, but as I thought, there's no information at all about what the grind is going to be like.

EvilMag
Dec 12, 2015, 09:43 PM
Invade only comes with 60 ele +10 so people can actually use it to hold them over until Austere without wasting lambda grinders and meseta.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 12, 2015, 09:47 PM
The fact that groups still fail TD3 makes me very concerned for TD4 lol

sesiom000
Dec 12, 2015, 09:57 PM
Invade only uses Caligula stones and is pretty much a 13* equivalent to Red/Blue weapons. Not really something to compare with.

I was just hoping you actually had a source I wasn't aware about, but as I thought, there's no information at all about what the grind is going to be like.

Even if i knew i would´t spoil you ;-)

Yea Tower Defense 4 will be a pain specially with the A.I.S and they´re photon cannon instant killing towers plus self destruction bees...
Its 6 rounds so we will have more A.I.S too spare compared to the td3 so coordination on when to use the A.I.S will probably be the key to this EQ plus avoiding the apprentice 3500 damage AOE beam LOL.

Rehal
Dec 13, 2015, 12:31 AM
Even if i knew i would´t spoil you ;-)

Yea Tower Defense 4 will be a pain specially with the A.I.S and they´re photon cannon instant killing towers plus self destruction bees...
Its 6 rounds so we will have more A.I.S too spare compared to the td3 so coordination on when to use the A.I.S will probably be the key to this EQ plus avoiding the apprentice 3500 damage AOE beam LOL.

I'd imagine private mpas going to apply lots of http://i.imgur.com/8M2NO4n.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4dJqqb8.png into apprentice instead of avoiding stuff. _(:3」∠)_

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2015, 12:45 AM
This is in those kind of situation I would like Taiga to be able to early-access TD4 so he could write a guide before all towers/energy cans start to go kaboom.

Maenara
Dec 13, 2015, 12:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKq32eUwFE

idk if someone linked this but they failed it on vh lol

Probably because there was a Force spamming Ilgrants on a group of mobs.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2015, 01:04 AM
The Braver spamming uncharged Multishot may have helped too.
Oh and of course the non-dashing AIS. Pretty sure I also saw a dying AIS.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 03:22 AM
Even if I write a guide things are still going to go boom.

The livestream people failed even VH TD4. I hope they haven't nerfed it because of that.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 13, 2015, 03:30 AM
The livestream people failed DF Loser and Magatsu too. I don't remember if they did one of Despair but if they did they probably failed that too.

It doesn't really mean anything and was likely entirely deliberate anyway.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 09:25 AM
Okay. I don't even remember how they did on those.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2015, 09:32 AM
They failed Magatsu, but they managed to trigger the BGM change.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 13, 2015, 09:18 PM
base 4 is scheduled only?

based sega does it again

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

SEGA

Hysteria1987
Dec 13, 2015, 09:30 PM
Are these live stream people actual players given a chance to do it early, or are they SEGA employees? In either case, based on what I see of these kinds of demonstrations coming out of other hobbies, I'd say these events are very likely carefully controlled to seem difficult to the casual observer, and to show off enough without giving the whole thing away.

It's at this point I'll mention I'm not interested enough in the PSO2 ones to have watched them, so while I believe they likely won't nerf anything based on their run... I could be horribly wrong :p

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 10:50 PM
IIRC, the ones behind the scenes are SEGA staff.
The ones on camera are voice actors/actresses, gravure girls, comedy duo, etc.
It seems like those people actually play the game occasionally, although all/most of them don't seem to be very good at it.
I think Ichitaro is the only one that's sorta good at some stuff.

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 11:36 PM
Are these live stream people actual players given a chance to do it early, or are they SEGA employees? In either case, based on what I see of these kinds of demonstrations coming out of other hobbies, I'd say these events are very likely carefully controlled to seem difficult to the casual observer, and to show off enough without giving the whole thing away.

It's at this point I'll mention I'm not interested enough in the PSO2 ones to have watched them, so while I believe they likely won't nerf anything based on their run... I could be horribly wrong :p
SEGA never nerf anything from the result of those crew demo play.
They are always perform really bad on every play test, some of the playtest also result in complete failure.
But i think that those people doing really bad on the quest are done on purpose, to make content looks more engaging and challenging.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 11:43 PM
Or maybe because they don't want regular players to feel shitty in comparison.

Lostbob117
Dec 14, 2015, 09:51 AM
Makes sense.