PDA

View Full Version : Orbit weapon series contain two simultaneous potentials

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 04:45 PM
I didn't see this elsewhere on PSO-W yet, I thought it would be interesting enough to warrant a new topic.

The peculiar new “Orbit” series of ★13 weapons can be obtained from Mining Base: Demise. Each part of the weapon is arranged around a Photon ring when sheathed. However, unsheathing the weapon changes not only its appearance, but also the effects of its potential ability. In other words, the effects of the potential differs when the weapon is sheathed or unsheathed.

What sort of effects would be viable when the weapon is sheathed? Movement speed increase?

Does using a technique with a non-technique weapon count as keeping the weapon sheathed? Will they even take advantage of that fact if it's the case?

Poyonche
Dec 12, 2015, 04:47 PM
Sheathed : Increase step/dive roll/mirage escape i-frames by 0.01s.

Edit : Derp, see the post under this one..

Maenara
Dec 12, 2015, 04:48 PM
Sheathed : Increase step/dive roll/mirage escape i-frames by 0.01s.

This unsheathes the weapon.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 04:56 PM
Does using a technique with a non-technique weapon count as keeping the weapon sheathed?

It does. Trying to use a tech with a non-tech weapon immediately sheathes it.

The sheathed potential could really be just about anything that doesn't have to do with attacking or dodging. Most likely a PP regen increase imo. Possibly a substantial one at that.

sparab
Dec 12, 2015, 05:31 PM
Sheathed potential may apply to the first attack/PA/tech use, such as damage +100%; then after the initial attack the "weaker" unsheathed pot will activate (5-10%?)

Otherwise it is guaranteed to be PP regain up or damage reduction, etc.

Serinah
Dec 12, 2015, 05:34 PM
HP Regen, Movement speed or passive PP regen speed are the sheathed potentials that springs to mind.

Achelousaurus
Dec 12, 2015, 06:23 PM
TBH I cannot think of any potential useful when sheathed aside from running speed or the like.
Anything drop related would be bs because it takes too long to sheath a weapon and so it wouldn't proc much. And everyone breaking a boss crystal would be a huge problem cause switching weapons is a lot faster.

PP regen speed sounds nice on paper but has the same issue. When you wait long enough for your weapon to sheath, pp will have regened a good amount already and the times you need pp, fighting and dashing it's not gonna work.

Running speed makes the most sense simply cause you cannot run without sheathing your weapon anyway.

But, inb4 orbit > austere.
lol

PS: if orbit sheathes near instantly like bio and has massive pp regen (as fast as pp convert / Super Treatment) it would be useful but otherwise it's not gonna make much of a difference.

Oh and ib4 sheathed potential is useless cause you don't sheathe nearly often enough and everyone bitches so sega hurriedly changes it so the sheathed potential is always active like Skilled Trainer Charm.

Sandmind
Dec 12, 2015, 06:33 PM
"Use random LA."

Dancing for PP is now a thing.

seilent
Dec 12, 2015, 06:44 PM
probably HP recover when sheathed

wefwq
Dec 12, 2015, 10:59 PM
Damn, that's sounds pretty neat having 2 kind of effect active on certain conditions.
My guess it'll be something like HP/PP recovery when sheathed, and increase dmg/crit rate when unsheathed like per usual.

TaigaUC
Dec 12, 2015, 11:57 PM
+1000% damage when sheathed.

Best latent evar.

Gamemako
Dec 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
Damn, that's sounds pretty neat having 2 kind of effect active on certain conditions.
My guess it'll be something like HP/PP recovery when sheathed, and increase dmg/crit rate when unsheathed like per usual.

I bet it's HP while sheathed and PP while active, just to spite us.

(No, but really, my guess is that it's movespeed to counter the guren/ilzonde/etc meta.)

Maenara
Dec 13, 2015, 12:04 AM

Best latent evar.

At that point using techs with non tech weapons would become the new meta, even without any T-atk on the weapon.

Selphea
Dec 13, 2015, 12:07 AM
Maybe it'll be like +1% damage to all allies standing next to you when sheathed, then the "full support" Te/Bos will be all over it.

Sandmind
Dec 13, 2015, 12:22 AM
At that point using techs with non tech weapons would become the new meta, even without any T-atk on the weapon.

I played GUFO at end of EP2. 100% Sroll JA was doing some hilarious damage for a snow kitty 8* tmg affix'ed with 60 Tatk (used those to double my old snow kitty unit set bonus). 1000% be broken and be insta nerfed one month later. :wacko:

oratank
Dec 13, 2015, 12:23 AM
it can call down ais orbital drop to you when sheathed. too bad ais wrecked from the fall you can't pilot it

Maenara
Dec 13, 2015, 12:28 AM
I played GUFO at end of EP2. 100% Sroll JA was doing some hilarious damage for a snow kitty 8* tmg affix'ed with 60 Tatk (used those to double my old snow kitty unit set bonus). 1000% be broken and be insta nerfed one month later. :wacko:

FOGU and GUFO are pretty good again, thanks to compound techniques.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 13, 2015, 12:35 AM
Gu/Fo can't use composite techs.

Maenara
Dec 13, 2015, 12:43 AM
Thought it was based on class, not main class. Whoops.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 03:20 AM
Instant death after idle for more than 30 seconds when sheathed.

Leecher killer latent confirmed.

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 03:35 AM
Instant death after idle for more than 30 seconds when sheathed.

Leecher killer latent confirmed.
I would really love to get killed offscreen during cutscene.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 09:26 AM
Triggers a random Matoi cutscene when sheathed for more than 30 seconds.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2015, 09:34 AM
Triggers a random unskippable Matoi cutscene when sheathed for more than 30 seconds.

Fixed. :wacko:

seilent
Dec 13, 2015, 09:36 AM
Triggers a random Matoi cutscene when sheathed for more than 30 seconds.

this reminds me of matoizone D:

Rupikachu
Dec 13, 2015, 10:59 AM
I think i'll wait for the ep4 'equip a loli' weapon series

MightyHarken
Dec 15, 2015, 10:18 AM

Best latent evar.

Stun grenade / traps OP 200k on every enemy hit

Petunia
Dec 15, 2015, 12:59 PM
I don't think PP Recovery while sheathed will be a thing because by the time you've sheathed a weapon automatically your PP is already about full.
Maybe HP Regen for moving between packs of enemies, or a First Attack bonus.
Maybe it's a passive damage reduction or what about a knock back reduction? When you wanna just run to A3 but mobs keep knocking you down or making you flinch, removing your momentum. A pot to reduce that would be neat.

What I'm more concerned about with the new weapons is whether or not they come in all flavours or just what we saw. I didn't invest in Talis Mastery and I don't plan on wasting SP to do so just to use the new current best Fo wep. Since most Talis are usable by both Fo and Te, I feel like they need to make a Rod Orbit.
If we get a Wand Orbit and a Talis Orbit but no Rod, I'll be sad :(

Cyber Meteor
Dec 15, 2015, 01:03 PM
We'll get every type of weapons as they can also be traded in exchange of 2 new types of stones, one dropping only from TD4 the other from all the TD quests (like Caligula and Nero). Don't worry too much about what the trailer showed, for Austere, they only showed the sword for example.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 15, 2015, 01:27 PM
That's a wand, actually. Rods have two-handed grips, wands have one-handed grips. That animation is the 3rd normal in a wand's attack string.

Noticing that some people don't seem to understand how weapon sheathing works. Weapon sheathing automatically happens when you idle or walk for a specific period of time. You can walk in a tiny circle a few times rapidly and it'll sheathe in like 2s. Using techs with a non tech-weapon also sheathes weapons, but that's mostly relevant for DB users.

IIRC some skills also sheathe weapons upon use, like Katana Combat Finish.

Alenoir
Dec 15, 2015, 02:33 PM
Weapon change to another type is instant sheathe. Just recall all your Umbra switching in Xmas 4 when you're not playing a FO.

Konquer
Dec 15, 2015, 10:12 PM
are the stats already released/datamined?

Maenara
Dec 15, 2015, 10:13 PM
are the stats already released/datamined?

Nope. You can't datamine stats. They're completely serversided.

LordKaiser
Dec 15, 2015, 10:21 PM
So they will have a potential with 2 effects. They are named Orbit and they let me think about Zone of the Enders.

Maenara
Dec 15, 2015, 10:39 PM
Just personally checked. Potentials are not in the client, so those can't be datamined either. Only way we're going to see them ahead of time now is if we get a prepatch.

Ziel
Dec 16, 2015, 09:34 AM
So they will have a potential with 2 effects. They are named Orbit and they let me think about Zone of the Enders.

Zone of the enders huh...

A green photon ring which contains little sword "bits" that form a bigger one when combined...
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Sheathed-Orbit.jpg
http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Dinsulph.jpg

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.theanimegallery.com/data/thumbs/790px/0131/tAG_131527.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GW2L77Gbxxo/UK92-Tx-khI/AAAAAAAACUM/pFRMO-RasDg/s1600/Sword+Bit+Ring+00Q-MG-006.jpeg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I think "00 Qan [T] Full saber" needs to talk to you...

Achelousaurus
Dec 16, 2015, 02:03 PM
I also thought of ZOE first. Probably cause Orbital Frames.

Kole
Dec 23, 2015, 01:30 PM
So info's here already
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A3%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3% 82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%88 (launcher)

if I'm reading the google trans right, on unsheathe it's +60% pp recovery and 13% damage, and while it's out +40% pp and 8% damage

KLMS1
Dec 23, 2015, 07:06 PM
So like half the class weps don't even come in Orbit.
Zieg y u do dis :c

sparab
Dec 23, 2015, 07:16 PM

Because orbit gunslash would overpower all tech weapons with that infinite pp regain

KLMS1
Dec 23, 2015, 07:23 PM
>class weps
>gunslash

Uh-huh...

LonelyGaruga
Dec 23, 2015, 07:45 PM
So info's here already
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A3%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3% 82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%88 (launcher)

if I'm reading the google trans right, on unsheathe it's +60% pp recovery and 13% damage, and while it's out +40% pp and 8% damage

Nah.

機動応変・一式 (Agile Response System One): 納刀、抜刀でPP回復速度が変化し、攻撃時のPP回復量(60?%)と威力(13%)が上昇。
(納刀時のPP回復速度(?%)上昇 抜刀時はPP自然回復が停止)

When sheathed, or unsheathed, PP recovery rate changes, PP recovery when attacking (60?%) and power increases (13%).
(Natural PP recovery when sheathed increases by (?%), natural PP recovery when unsheathed is stopped))

機動応変・二式 (Agile Response System Two): 納刀、抜刀でPP回復速度が変化し、攻撃時のPP回復量(40?%)と威力(8%)が上昇。
(納刀時のPP回復速度(?%)減少 抜刀時のPP回復速度(?%)上昇)

When sheathed, or unsheathed, PP recovery rate changes, PP recovery when attacking (40?%) and power increases (8%).
(Natural PP recovery when sheathed decreases by (?%), natural PP recovery when unsheathed increases by (?%))

One for each class, just like Gal series.

Because orbit gunslash would overpower all tech weapons with that infinite pp regain

Sure would.