PDA

View Full Version : Dio/Viel Hunar General

B.T.
Dec 12, 2015, 09:41 PM
I haven't found a thread on here dedicated to our newest Hunar friends, and have seen a lot of people in gchat who seem confused about them, so it seemed like a decent plan to make a thread about the topic. Everything Dio/Viel Hunar related collected in one place could be a good source of info, so please add what you can!

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!!!

First off, drops. To my knowledge, Dio drops no *13 weps; Viel certainly drops nothing worth mentioning. I cannot say if Dio drops PD units or not, but have not seen anyone who has gotten these units from Dio, so for now I assume that he does not drop these either. What he DOES drop, and the reason why he is amazing, is that he is a great source of stones. To my knowledge, he drops Anga's stones, as well as boy PD stones. In my experience (and please tell me if your exp differs), the drop rate is Anga stones>Nero stones>Caligula stones. Caligula is pretty rare; after six runs using a tri boost 100, RDR 300 (great ac investment, btw), and 30% daily boost! I have only gotten 2 caligulas from Dio. Still, having a non-PD source of caligulas is rad. More importantly, for all of us currently farming UQ for Anga, it is worth noting that Dio seems to have a better drop rate for Anga stones than Anga himself (not to mention being much easier to defeat).

Obviously, all of that applies to XH Dio in this year's Christmas on Ice EQ.

On Viel; Viel Hunar is a story mode exclusive boss. It is *spoiler* the form of the Profound Darkness which you encounter Matoi being possessed by near the end of Ep 3. It has no noteworthy drops, being a story boss (but, no one is farming story anyway). In battle, it acts similarly to Dio Hunar, as well as looking damn near identical.

Dio is....I'm not sure. From what I can tell about the model, I assume it is an alternate form of Viel, hence still *spoiler* in effect! it is Matoi. I have seen a lot of people in gchat suggesting that Dio is Persona, since it is the Hunar for PD and PD is, ultimately, Persona. I don't seen anything in the character model to suggest this, but if I am wrong, please correct me!

A last note; I can't really comment much on Dio's tactics, since it tends to go down about as quickly as Apprentice. If anyone could add that info, it would be fantastic. What I can say is that, for the most part, Dio acts a lot like a watered-down Anga; one noticeable move is Dio's beam-swords attack, which has a far shorter range than Anga's version.

Please, contribute what you know and correct whatever I may have been mistaken on; I don't think anyone here would disagree that there are few places on the internet for non Japanese speaking players to get accurate and specific info on new PSO2 features this soon after they come out (bumped is great for broad strokes and this stuff, but not so great about the tiny details like the abysmally low droprate of Caligulas from Dio) so one more source can only be a good thing.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 12, 2015, 09:55 PM
Well, about Dio Hunar's identity.

After [Persona] transfers the Profound Darkness' photons from Matoi into their own body using Clarissa, [Persona] is shown afterwards as Dio Hunar before flying off into space to transform into the Profound Darkness. So Dio Hunar is in fact [Persona] and not Matoi at all.

As far as the boss goes, it dies so fast that the only thing that's really important to note is that you have to break both of its parts to take down the barrier it spawns with. The barrier reduces all damage it takes considerably, and destroying the parts stuns it, so it's an obvious target.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 12, 2015, 10:35 PM
I wish it was at the same tankness as Anga was...but then again I'd rather not have entire MPA take way too much time trying to kill it because of lol shit load of HP. Maybe they'll try buffing it considerably as a future Ultimate Quest boss.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2015, 12:36 AM
Dio/Viel Hunar both come from a fusion of Anga Fundarge and Persona for Dio, Matoi for Viel. Also imo the fact it has a black mask can suggest that it is Persona.

Regarding the attacks of the boss itself, most of them are based on Photon Blast :
-The sphere attracting and damaging you : Julius Nykta
-The needles that it sends in the skies and then fall on you : Julius Imera
-Energy waves with sword : Illios Imera, and sword swings : Illios Proi. Or it could have nothing to do with Illios. :wacko:
Its laser beam could be Ketos Imera but it is just a random beam imo.

When Anga head come on Dio's as a helmet (phase 2) :
-When it sends 753528361916352 homing projectiles : Ajax Nykta
-When it charges all the MPA : could be Helix Proi

Thats all I noticed.