PDA

View Full Version : information on English server?

Padium
Dec 13, 2015, 05:20 PM
Friend of mine is asserting that there is an English server, and is sending me links to http://pso2.playpark.com/sg/

What is this about? How does it differ from the JP servers?

Weiss9029
Dec 13, 2015, 05:26 PM
Friend of mine is asserting that there is an English server, and is sending me links to http://pso2.playpark.com/sg/

What is this about? How does it differ from the JP servers?
Its trash, that is the difference

Anduril
Dec 13, 2015, 05:28 PM
That is the South East Asian server. They are just getting content from the end of Episode 2 (JPN server is getting Ep.4 next month), and the English translation itself is pretty bad after the Episode 1 content. Additionally, I am pretty sure it is behind an ISP block for SEA only, so it isn't really worth the effort to bother trying to get on that server when it is easier to just use the English patches for the JPN server which has much more content. There are various other miscellaneous things like skill and damage balance differences, AC purchase rankings, and having affixes on outfits that are different from the JPN server.

jooozek
Dec 13, 2015, 05:38 PM
all servers outside of JP are pretty much dead, you can check their player count here by clicking flags
http://stuff.kakia.org/

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 09:40 PM
The public enemy of gaijin PSO2JP playerbase #1
They are the main responsible for...

☑ SEA IP ban on JP server
☑ Toasty EN translation for SEA version
☑ Only 2 ship on SEA server
☑ Premature death for SEA server
☑ Stiring up shit and pushing it on various way
☑ "Wizard"
☑ "Samurai"
☑ Making Luther looks bad by saying his party as a cunning party
☑ Promoting blatant P2W practice and tried to justify it
☑ "How much you can spent AC" ranking
☑ Limited-time affix on costumes
☑ Embargo of second hand costume market
☑ Atrocious SEA server market, even more worse than ship 2 JP
☑ Clever pick for PSO2 SEA font
☑ Didn't scale monster stat to fit with their playerbase skills to sell revival kit
☑ Successful assassination for many of our comrade on JP server
☑ Successful propaganda of whaling on online game is A-OK
☑ Accuse everyone who play on JP as traitor

Their ultimate goal is to killing PSO2.
However, you can help to stop them. Spread this message!

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 10:52 PM
So, I guess "Ninja" and "Dark Falz Two" were jokes.

Xiriko
Dec 14, 2015, 08:22 AM
SEA server is crap.

Don't look at it, don't even think about it, in fact just pretend it doesn't exist.

Padium
Dec 14, 2015, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to change servers anyway, simply because I'm close enough to max level to not want to grind it out again on the Japanese one.

kayyu12
Dec 14, 2015, 11:40 AM
SEA server is a joke, 'nuff said.

reaper527
Dec 14, 2015, 11:44 AM

this.

So, I guess "Ninja" and "Dark Falz Two" were jokes.

according to a post here, they just got falz loser this month. i wouldn't expect them to have bouncer confirmed as a class for quite a while longer. once it does happen, i wouldn't be surprised to see it called a ninja even if the post you're referencing was in fact a joke.

kayyu12
Dec 14, 2015, 11:47 AM
this.

according to a post here, they just got falz loser this month. i wouldn't expect them to have bouncer confirmed as a class for quite a while longer. once it does happen, i wouldn't be surprised to see it called a ninja even if the post you're referencing was in fact a joke.

SEA got the Loser and MBD2 patches 2 weeks ago, as for the BO class, well.......

Sinon
Dec 14, 2015, 11:47 AM

^ this

Is Pay to Win http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3274601#post3274601
Bad translation (Wizard?..... http://i.imgur.com/sYijTay.gif)
Crappy costumes
Less players
Outdated

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2015, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to change servers anyway, simply because I'm close enough to max level to not want to grind it out again on the Japanese one.
basically super easy to cap out in JP version, if your fine with being behind content (and playing the worst version of the game) remain where you are

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2015, 03:02 PM
If you already know how to play, you can hit 70 quickly on the JP version.
Especially if you use boosts during boost weeks.

CoWorker
Dec 14, 2015, 08:22 PM

I remember way back like a year ago, I was moving to JP cuz I see SEA is going to a bad direction, and I was inviting some of my team mates to join with me, they were stubborn and said the same thing like were capped and won't grind again, so they stayed... 7 months later they regret their decision

As for me, everything i did from my 500hrs in SEA, i reclaimed it in just 2 weeks in JP when i started there

Meteor Weapon
Dec 14, 2015, 08:52 PM
Don't forget Loser "appears as a Warrior"

Konquer
Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 PM
I remember way back like a year ago, I was moving to JP cuz I see SEA is going to a bad direction, and I was inviting some of my team mates to join with me, they were stubborn and said the same thing like were capped and won't grind again, so they stayed... 7 months later they regret their decision

As for me, everything i did from my 500hrs in SEA, i reclaimed it in just 2 weeks in JP when i started there
ye i can second. i wished i played the jp server sooner.

the 7 months i played on sea, i reclaimed in 1 month, and on the 2nd month, i far exceeded what i had on sea at an easier rate too (time & meseta-wise)

7 months on sea - only 1 shop pass from fun
2 months in jp - at least 8 shop passes from fun with much less fun pts used o.o

also uninstalled sea

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2015, 10:41 PM
What's the point in spending years sticking to capped Lv50-60? gimped version when you can get to capped Lv75 JP version in two weeks?
They're still going to have to grind to 75 eventually, and it'll probably take even longer on SEA.
It sounds like SEA is for people who can't be bothered researching what's going to happen to the game.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 14, 2015, 11:15 PM
I have local friends who play on SEA, even so I don't see them playing as much as I do. So pretty much anyone who's casual would play, but honestly I just hope they don't buy AC's on that ship because it's not worth jack buying it on a scandal server.

Though I've wondering but do any other MMORPG of any localized version get any gimp as much as PSO2 SEA does?

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 14, 2015, 11:59 PM
Though I've wondering but do any other MMORPG of any localized version get any gimp as much as PSO2 SEA does?

look at every nexon game that comes to America and compare it to the games being released else where x)

Shoterxx
Dec 15, 2015, 01:22 PM
Well, I played on SEA, and here's why:

-I started playing back in the SEA beta, so the quality of it was way different;
-Updates progressed relatively fast at the start;
-I was told JP was hard to patch, configure, etc;
-Beyond level 50, it was hard to let go (because it was hard to get there in the first place).

But now that I've started to play in JP, all I can say is LET IT GO.

EDIT: Thanks to Evangelion for the remark, fixed it and will try to keep it in mind.

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 15, 2015, 01:47 PM
^I just wanted to make a little remark.

Although the word "Jap" may seem like the natural abbreviation for the word "Japanese/Japan," it may or may not be perceived as a derogatory term for some. That's why many people prefer to use "JP" in place of "Jap" out of courtesy and respect.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

TaigaUC
Dec 15, 2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it was turned into a derogatory term because of how it was used during the wars.
Kinda sucks how words get ruined like that.

CoWorker
Dec 17, 2015, 09:27 PM
Can I have assist on facepalming? These are the reasons why they don't want to move to JP... Sure they are minor but like they didn't even tried... So these minor things just to suffer in SEA's bullshit on handling the server..

"i considered moving to jp long ago too. but here are the downs that made me not to.
1. Translation(good luck with story quests)
2. Network( needs vpn and to get a good vpn u have to pay)
3. Items(seriously u have to visit cirno every damn time?)
4. relies on 3rd party app (tweaker)
5. when they patch/update (the translation doesnt release that fast. meaning it might get you around few days to weeks just to fully understand what the patch was)
6. hard to invite people from ph/friends. cuz u have to orient them more things
7. i got to download a freaking 50gb? again? and using VPN? as a player in ph. even 20gb takes days to download and thats without vpn.
8. you get isolated fast. seriously. even if you hate kirito now. once youre there. youll become one without even being aware of it.
9. back to 0. you wont even enjoy the contents that made you transfer there cuz it will take you weeks in order to reach those "XH and sheet"

so i decided to play on SEA. and also as ph player,. i get to enjoy the events like " playpark xp, playparkfest etc."

wefwq
Dec 17, 2015, 10:04 PM
What does "ph player" mean?

And lmao@kirito bits, holy shit.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 17, 2015, 10:12 PM
"i considered moving to jp long ago too. but here are the downs that made me not to.

>story never been a concern to me, but if i need to know some, i just come here to read all the story-related threads

>dude, it takes like 30 seconds to set up the based pso proxy

>i don't, i only look up to swiki if i need info about items(mostly ac scratch items)

>not necessary, i use original launcher+pso proxy all day baby

5. when they patch/update (the translation doesnt release that fast. meaning it might get you around few days to weeks just to fully understand what the patch was)

>srsly? bumped is there for a reason

>huh?

7. i got to download a freaking 50gb? again? and using VPN? as a player in ph. even 20gb takes days to download and thats without vpn.

>pso proxy baby, never dealt with that kind of problem

8. you get isolated fast. seriously. even if you hate kirito now. once youre there. youll become one without even being aware of it.

>huh? i dont watch SAO but i am aware of kirito DUAL WIELD meme

9. back to 0. you wont even enjoy the contents that made you transfer there cuz it will take you weeks in order to reach those "XH and sheet"

>dam son, there are exp tickets, lvl up quests and shit load of cos to strap rocket on your back, blasting all the way to XH

TaigaUC
Dec 17, 2015, 10:16 PM
Only 7 is a real issue if you live in a country with bandwidth limits, shit speed, or have no HDD space.

The others aren't really issues.

Z-0
Dec 17, 2015, 10:27 PM
PSO Proxy is not a real solution if you're concerned about having a speedy connection, because it's very laggy (or... something, anyway).

Switch from PSO Proxy to home connection/a good VPN, and you will notice the difference immediately. If you're used to the game playing at a decent speed, the PSO Proxy will make you hate the game. I could never, ever use it.

Of course if you have no other solution, you'll have to make do, but it's not the best solution.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 17, 2015, 10:41 PM
well so far my impression for pso proxy is awesome, if there's a lag or sudden 630 it's all on my shitty ass ISP.

i tried WTFast, yeah it's slightly faster than pso proxy and consume less bandwith, but the next day my friend got btfo'd by 816 coz he's switching vpn servers in wtfast.

Sinon
Dec 17, 2015, 11:24 PM
Can I have assist on facepalming? These are the reasons why they don't want to move to JP... Sure they are minor but like they didn't even tried... So these minor things just to suffer in SEA's bullshit on handling the server..

so i decided to play on SEA. and also as ph player,. i get to enjoy the events like " playpark xp, playparkfest etc."

/facepalm

Qualia
Dec 17, 2015, 11:27 PM
What does "ph player" mean?

Philippines, most likely.

emeraude
Dec 18, 2015, 01:34 AM
Some of you might not share the same mindset but the social aspect/same language thing is a big draw for some SEA players. It's easier to find people from the same country if you live in SEA and play on the SEA servers; this can trump whatever content JP has.

Also 50GB literally takes days to DL for some sea countries. That's a pain too if you have a data cap.

AAneko
Dec 18, 2015, 01:49 AM
- Story Quests seems to get translated faster now, also SEA's translations are so confusing you don't know if their still talking about the same thing or another.
- And yet SEA's servers are slower.
- Swiki now since Cirno is deader than Tupac. Its not a major problem too.
- Again something very minor. Some doesnt even use it AFAIK
- Can't comment good here since I had no problems with the Team's translations and stuff.
- When our team moved a lot of friends (And some of their friends) moved with them as well so we created a new team in JP
- I'm from the PH too and it didnt take me that amount of time to download, probably if you're on the slower end of the Data plans, it will.
- This only proves if that person becomes such a loner in JP that he doesnt have that much friends or his friends doesnt even care for him at all.
- Again this seems not to affect us in the team at all since we like to enjoy the game in our own pace and doesnt care about the need to minmax in like a day or two.

I've played in the SEA Server for like over a year and moved to JP recently. Currently enjoying a wonderful and I had to say it, better gaming experience than in SEA.

Konquer
Dec 18, 2015, 02:37 AM
previously from sea and i dont find the same language aspect all that appealing when most of them just speak in their own dialect (non-english), and the remaining fellow countrymen who are still on there are toxic as hell.

also my jp client is only 30gb.

CoWorker
Dec 18, 2015, 07:09 AM

- [WARNING LONG TEXT] -
i was busy at work but heres my take on it, and i used to be a devoted SEA player but its all in the past now... anyway:

1. translation isnt a big thing, theres a translation patch in tweaker if you want to experience PSO2's story, but mostly i dont even use the patch and i just read some threads about the story, sometimes i get the main point of the chapter by just watching the cutscenes and again just read the threads to clarify somethings (mostly on ep3), but after that, uninstall the patch since i dont need it anymore...
BUT if its matterboard objectives he meant then its solved easily with basic english patch... and its a 1-button press in the tweaker

2. i live in SEA, and i get constantly get 630-chans every 3mins in the game... hell a$ia$oft thinks im not in the SEA region and ip blocked my ISP... and my ping is WAAAAAY slower than JP in a proxy... this is the mostly the reason why i jump ship to JP cuz of stupid connection issues....
and remember the time theres a huge lag in proxy due to theyre having issues and have to move their servers to a better proxy provider, apparently some SEA-head DC'd on Saiki hunt is pissed when a Saiki piece dropped, and he yelled out on the FB group saying proxy is shit and no one should play on it, but me and my friend (who i mind you he has "1mbps connection") had no problems after the proxy server transfer is finished (well theres magatsu lag but that was universal server lag)

3. its no different in SEA... cuz in there, most of the items are "engrish" or has translations that are plain wrong... let me give u an example about one rifle...
-JP - 9* Divulcan, potential = Enraged Stance (small Fury Stance Boost)
-SEA - 9* Dibru Kahn , potential = Iron Will (is it lets u survive a hit to 1hp? nope... its still small Fury Stance Boost)
and is it hard to Alt+tab? it only takes a few seconds to skim a page to get an idea about the weapon....

4. uuuuggghhhh... so wut? its no different than the regular launcher.. its just a launcher with more features (again most of it is 1-button options then it automates itself on the next time u launch the game.... only the proxy takes like 4 button presses.... and monkeys like Onok the Hyper Narcissistic Mentally Challenged Idiot from ship2 was able to play the game easily through tweaker), and as people said above, not everyone is using the tweaker and use uses the regular launcher

5. bumped.org has everything about patch days.... patches dont take more than a few days... mostly 15mins of patching (or 1~2 hours if its a big patch)... and bumped can let people know that theres a pre-patch with a link to download it or u can download in the tweaker (no VPN needed) and i just wake up early in the morning, download the pre-patch and go to school/work, and come back then its already done

6. i myself invited people from the PH, but everytime there so stubborn... like really stubborn.... and only 1 guy followed me, but we meet some people and we shared how our cultures are different but we have a good time and became good friends... hell they gave us free premium cuz we're good people to hang around

7. i have a slow internet (3mbps) but downloading 4 days straight (leaving the PC on the whole day just to download) is better than staying in SEA's slow painful death server... and theres 2 options on to where to download that doesnt REQUIRE VPN... either through Tweaker (meh-ish speeds) or torrent from Arks-Layer and torrent is the better one to DL imo....

8. join a team ASAP, i joined alot of teams with good people to hang around with unless ur stuck speaking on your native dialect... but honestly i cant speak for this one cuz most SEA people arent comfortable speaking english 24/7 and MUST be around with fellow country men at all times.... but mostly so they could "huehuehue" and insult people in their native languages together

9. yes u start at 0... but its super fast to jump to SH and even XH in 1~2 weeks, hell SEA needs to constantly do TACOs everyday to earn 2m each day but that hours on TACO-ing each day wont let u buy a ton of stuff (like costumes) in the market... like wut? a months worth of TACOs just to buy 1~2 costumes? thats cute... i can do 1 day of daily orders that are easy and i can buy the same amounts of costumes... and the 1 day TACO per week can let me buy a bunch of AC crap in the market on its newest release....
and the newbies we met and help became instant boss killers with 12~13*s with in just a month..... and SEA people have the knowledge to play the game properly and can easily breeze through the game.... so this isnt even a issue... its either the SEA-heads are just lazy or salty towards JP

Fun Fact: one of the A$iasoft employee/moderator agree on what the SEA-head said on the quote... just to pull noobs into SEA so that they wont jump to JP