PDA

View Full Version : Tell me How bad I screwed up this Mag

Thienien
Dec 13, 2015, 09:19 PM
Should i start fresh? :nono: :(

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 09:47 PM
Either spend 4100 excubes, spend some AC to buy new one, or start fresh if both are not an option for you.

Reminder that before delete and starting new character that:
- You lose all of your accessories tied to that character
- You lose your support partner progress, costumes and equipments
- You lose all of your mag tied to that character and it's used evo device
- You lose all of your equipment and costume that is currently equipped to that character
- You lose all of your item and meseta that is stored on that character's item pack
- You lose all of your matterboard progress of that character
- All CO unlock progress will be discarded

Be careful if you're about to delete your character, and make sure that you don't lose anything valuable!

Mechacaseal
Dec 13, 2015, 09:50 PM
i want it

Thienien
Dec 13, 2015, 09:58 PM
Either spend 4100 excubes, spend some AC to buy new one, or start fresh if both are not an option for you.

Reminder that before delete and starting new character that:
- You lose all of your accessories tied to that character
- You lose your support partner progress, costumes and equipments
- You lose all of your mag tied to that character and it's used evo device
- You lose all of your equipment and costume that is currently equipped to that character
- You lose all of your item and meseta that is stored on that character's item pack
- You lose all of your matterboard progress of that character
- All CO unlock progress will be discarded

Be careful if you're about to delete your character, and make sure that you don't lose anything valuable!

I understand all of dis but is dat mag jacked up or what? :(

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 10:03 PM
I understand all of dis but is dat mag jacked up or what? :(
Depend on what class you're playing, though almost everyone will yell that your mag are fucked up since the most recommended stat allocation are FULL ATK on the stat your class are using.

If you're too lazy to start over or don't want to lose anything, you can fix it as you play.
Gather some excube and fix it slowly, though it'll consume time and huge amount of resource (4100 excube to negate all that stat that is alooted on non ATK stat).

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 13, 2015, 10:11 PM
pretty sure you need some DEX in there too m8

because....reasons

Punisher106
Dec 13, 2015, 10:41 PM
This build doesn't look TOO bad for a hybrid BO, actually...

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 10:48 PM
The question is more like this:
Is it worth losing all the things wefwq listed, in exchange for 90 ATK or some real money to get new mags?
If you stay with that mag, in the long run, you will always be weaker than others.

Who knows what SEGA intends to do for episode 4, though. Maybe people will get a free mag.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2015, 10:50 PM
Should i start fresh? :nono: :(

To be direct, that's pretty bad. I'd get some AC and buy a reset/a new mag.

Thienien
Dec 13, 2015, 11:08 PM

Don't know anyplace to buy AC

I've been restarting everytime i screwed up

TehCubey
Dec 13, 2015, 11:15 PM
Is the mag bad? Definitely yes.

Is it unplayably bad? No. You lose ~100 atk which is a significant amount but not enough to make you suck on its own. If you're a decent player, 100 atk in this direction or that won't really make that much of a difference. Likewise if you're bad, extra 100 atk won't save you.

I see you are level 47. This is your highest level class, I assume? If you think whatever your character has at the moment that can't be salvaged (so accessories/hairstyles mostly) is something you don't want to lose, stick to the mag and continue playing. Otherwise restart. Regaining that level won't take much time at all.

oratank
Dec 13, 2015, 11:27 PM
if you don't aim to be a top tier player and kill evey boss in 10-30 sec your mag still good

wefwq
Dec 13, 2015, 11:31 PM
Don't know anyplace to buy AC

I've been restarting everytime i screwed up
I been doing this sort of stuff too back then, have to remake like 3 times to get things right.

Selphea
Dec 13, 2015, 11:39 PM
Picture someone with a lot of zits as a hormonally imbalanced teenager. So they're young and ignorant and thet went ahead and popped 'em - all of them. Tens of gross, bloody messes later they grow up with a face looking like the ISIL capital.

Did they fuck up? Yes. Can modern plastic surgery fix it? Hell yes. Should they kill themselves and start over if they can't afford a flight to South Korea? Weeeeeeeell...

Scrounge together the AC and get a new Mag or just live with it.

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2015, 11:42 PM
AFAIK, the easiest way to buy AC is through PSO2ES, using Google Wallet.

Thienien
Dec 14, 2015, 12:24 AM
Is the mag bad? Definitely yes.

Is it unplayably bad? No. You lose ~100 atk which is a significant amount but not enough to make you suck on its own. If you're a decent player, 100 atk in this direction or that won't really make that much of a difference. Likewise if you're bad, extra 100 atk won't save you.

I see you are level 47. This is your highest level class, I assume? If you think whatever your character has at the moment that can't be salvaged (so accessories/hairstyles mostly) is something you don't want to lose, stick to the mag and continue playing. Otherwise restart. Regaining that level won't take much time at all.

Hmmm hmmmmmmmmm

I will remake into a braver.

Cause i'm too short and fighter is a bit vicious to play sometimes against bosses like Dual falz (or the boss called Double) without a block option.

@Everyone else thanks for your input its true, i'm a bit OCD with that shit i can't stand having that big of a mistake under my belt i start over and do it right.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2015, 12:58 AM
Hmmm hmmmmmmmmm

I will remake into a braver.

Cause i'm too short and fighter is a bit vicious to play sometimes against bosses like Dual falz (or the boss called Double) without a block option.

@Everyone else thanks for your input its true, i'm a bit OCD with that shit i can't stand having that big of a mistake under my belt i start over and do it right.

I know the OCD feel.

Anyway, remember to unequip everything, and put it, and your meseta into storage. Also pickup, and equip a cheap costume from the vendor in the shop area, and deposit your good costume into storage too. All extra hairstyle, and accessory tickets you used on your current character will be lost, though extra LAs will remain on your account, as well as titles.

Everything else bound to your character you cannot save should be obvious.

If you're playing this game, and other classes for any decent measure of time, I feel sooner or later you will buy two extra mags just to have pure striking, ranged, and tech.

Cerebral Assassin
Dec 14, 2015, 01:11 AM
You can play Bouncer with that mag.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 14, 2015, 01:22 AM
Makes me wonder why resetting a Mag is more expensive than buying a new one.

NightmareDust
Dec 14, 2015, 01:51 AM

Simple, so you are more inclined to buy a new one instead of farming excubes.

Thienien
Dec 14, 2015, 01:55 AM
I know the OCD feel.

Anyway, remember to unequip everything, and put it, and your meseta into storage. Also pickup, and equip a cheap costume from the vendor in the shop area, and deposit your good costume into storage too. All extra hairstyle, and accessory tickets you used on your current character will be lost, though extra LAs will remain on your account, as well as titles.

Everything else bound to your character you cannot save should be obvious.

If you're playing this game, and other classes for any decent measure of time, I feel sooner or later you will buy two extra mags just to have pure striking, ranged, and tech.

Thank you for the advice. You were a big help :D

Thienien
Dec 14, 2015, 01:57 AM
You can play Bouncer with that mag.

Excuse the double post, that's what i started out as but JB bouncers are disatisfying to the max.

I dislike the fighting style and jetboots are too big and ugly

Qualia
Dec 14, 2015, 02:52 AM
Simple, so you are more inclined to buy a new one instead of farming excubes.

Except the prices were like that long before mag level reduction was a thing.

Also I guess the mag would be alright for melee techer.

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2015, 03:37 AM
No u.

Sinon
Dec 14, 2015, 11:52 AM

meh, 90atk is nothing. pso2 is too faceroll.

TehCubey
Dec 14, 2015, 12:48 PM

To preserve the old mag's skin. Not that it matters much with most mag evo devices being much cheaper than the equivalent AC cost, but hey. It's PSO2, no one ever said it's well designed.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2015, 01:07 PM
To preserve the old mag's skin. Not that it matters much with most mag evo devices being much cheaper than the equivalent AC cost, but hey. It's PSO2, no one ever said it's well designed.
you can trade in AC items for a Mag Camo device in the recycle shop so any Mag Device that you deem expensive and don't want to buy again can be re-used on the new mag your making so you don't have to spend much.

reaper527
Dec 14, 2015, 04:18 PM
it's screwed up pretty good, but it isn't screwed up to the point where you're going to have trouble equipping gear.

your choices are pretty much throw money at the problem, or throw time at the problem.

throwing money at it is easy, just buy a new mag. for throwing time at it, you have two choices. you can either restart your entire character, or you can run as many major eq's as you can (so falz, magatsu, td3) and get all the cubes you can to eventually fix it.

i'm in the process of fixing a mag that was actually significantly worse than yours was, and i'm still looking at pretty long fixing progress ahead of me. (only 49 more levels!). i didn't really want to throw money at it because i knew that even if i did that and raised a new mag, i'd still want to fix the bad one over time. additionally, there are only so many things to spend cubes on (although there are more options now than there were when i started fixing it).

you can trade in AC items for a Mag Camo device in the recycle shop so any Mag Device that you deem expensive and don't want to buy again can be re-used on the new mag your making so you don't have to spend much.

those aren't mag specific? i only have 1 mag per char, but always assumed that the list of choices would be limited to what devices were used previously on the mag you're trying to skin if you had multiple mags on a char.

ark0
Dec 14, 2015, 05:06 PM
a couple reasons why a mag could be mixed up is so

-you can in battle quickly interchange weapons(dff ATK) of both your main class and subclass, both with some power. Of course, you could go that route of switching mags within battle. Also, remember there are 89 skill points total for each class... small bits ATK can be added from skill trees if you might miss a 13star wpn stat.

-to get a wpn/armor sooner by meeting some stat requirement

-to use crafted unit extensions you otherwise wouldn't be able to use under your character setup , say you added some s-def to be able to use extended 10 HP 100.

Thienien
Dec 15, 2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys; i've taken all of this into consideration and now for a friend who has the same problem lmao

LordKaiser
Dec 15, 2015, 04:10 PM
If it makes you feel better Opening, I also screwed up my MAG and worse than yours. On your case at least you can still use it for a bouncer to some extent. I solved it by installing PS02es on a Android based phone and getting those Googleplay fast cards and buy AC to buy a additional MAG. Here is a screenshot of my old MAG.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/eJkx7bA.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gamemako
Dec 15, 2015, 04:55 PM
So you lose 92 S-ATK out of 3000. Big fuckin' deal. I lose 200 due to a DEX mag (except when I'm playing BR or BO). Your mag is just gravy unless you're a nolifer TA player, and that's a fringe part of the game that only most masochistic entertain. You probably won't play an optimal class combination anyhow, so just live with the mag. Free time is too valuable waste on that.

Flaoc
Dec 15, 2015, 05:08 PM
I play BO/BR so move along and ignore my joke post

could not agree more man