PDA

View Full Version : 12-21-15 Large Icons (1 Piece Orbit Unit????)

Goukezitsu
Dec 21, 2015, 09:21 PM
As usual: http://imgur.com/a/ZzYw4/layout/grid

That's the partial listing.

Here's the full set with the rest of the costumes and accessories / decor:
https://mega.nz/#!3w0gTbLK!wagE4B1kfPCAcKGSQPpFUrA4VMMnAzz_rigWwNl XCnY

Interesting bits are it seems there's not an orbit weapon for every type. I double checked the small icons to ensure I wasn't going crazy and yea there isn't. Furthermore, there seems to be a reskin of the abyss set however there's a single piece of orbit armor as well that seems to be alone like the magatsu sai piece. I'm assuming its going to pair w/ the weapon but perhaps it's singular stats will be good enough to make other 2 set piece unit sets more interesting as it appears to be a leg (I have no idea which it is).

Oh also.... I'mma get this for my room ;3
http://i.imgur.com/tsXZetI.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/6PfO3

Cyber Meteor
Dec 21, 2015, 09:25 PM
Austere Units? Man i need to know their set bonus as i got an Austere Sword today :-P
Also, Orbit weapons aren't for all types? Kinda disappointing imo

Maenara
Dec 21, 2015, 09:27 PM
Looks like... Orbit Sword, Wired Lance, Gunslash, Twin Daggers, Launcher, Bow, Dual Blades, and then one more I can't identify.

ThePageofHeart
Dec 21, 2015, 09:29 PM
Got so hyped the minute I saw those Austere units.

cries that it'll likely be another grind for those. :P

ThePageofHeart
Dec 21, 2015, 09:30 PM
Looks like... Orbit Sword, Wired Lance, Gunslash, Twin Daggers, Launcher, Bow, Dual Blades, and then one more I can't identify.

I believe that last one is the unit, iirc...

TwistedShaerk
Dec 21, 2015, 09:31 PM

I think it's actually Sword, Knuckles, Launcher, TMGs, Talis, Wand, Bow, and DBs based on the icons.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 21, 2015, 09:33 PM

Actually, TMGs were shown in the trailer so it's probably your GS, also, the 2nd looks more like Knuckle than WL, it really looks like it's 1 weapon type per class : Sword HU, Knuckle for FI, Launcher for RA, TMGs for GU, Bows for BR, Talis for FO, Wand for TE, Dual Blades for BO

EDIT: kinda ninja'ed ^^;

Anduril
Dec 21, 2015, 09:34 PM
I giggled when I saw the Pitta Wada and Parada Picota masks. I will now have a replacement for my Camalotts head.

LordKaiser
Dec 21, 2015, 09:35 PM
So Orbits have so far: Sword, dual blades, bow, gunslash, either daggers or wire lance, what it looks like a talis and 2 other things that idk what they're.

sparab
Dec 21, 2015, 09:37 PM
These include items from 1/13 update...austra units better not require items from solo XQ

Cyber Meteor
Dec 21, 2015, 09:41 PM
These include items from 1/13 update...austra units better not require items from solo XQ

Tbh, i kinda hope they do, unless they're coming with this update

Maenara
Dec 21, 2015, 09:42 PM
Gonna be really annoyed if there's no gunslash.

Poyonche
Dec 21, 2015, 09:43 PM
No Orbit Jetboots but Twin Blades.

Disappointed. #NoLove4Jetboots

Cyber Meteor
Dec 21, 2015, 09:52 PM
@Maenara Celesta Laser with the Photon booster potential (32 % dmg boost by JAing with different PAs) + Ultimate Buster is as strong as Ares on non-Aberrations and stronger than Austere on Aberrations using a FI/Hu build, you just need to not use the same PA over and over (easy to acheive), so i won't worry too much about Orbit GS though it could have looked cool

http://4rt.info/psod/?eUHde

Nyansan
Dec 21, 2015, 09:55 PM
Oh also.... I'mma get this for my room ;3
http://i.imgur.com/tsXZetI.jpg

Also forgot to mention this:
http://puu.sh/m4jpB/43331a525a.jpg

And these:
http://puu.sh/m4jsa/27aeb4d1d7.jpg
http://puu.sh/m4juB/6f92d50616.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/small/000/001/122/xzibit-happy.jpg

Maenara
Dec 21, 2015, 09:56 PM
@Maenara Celesta Laser with the Photon booster potential (32 % dmg boost by JAing with different PAs) + Ultimate Buster is as strong as Ares on non-Aberrations and stronger than Austere on Aberrations using a FI/Hu build, you just need to not use the same PA over and over (easy to acheive), so i won't worry too much about Orbit GS though it could have looked cool

http://4rt.info/psod/?eUHde

I already use Celesta Laser. Just seems like they would add a gunslash to the form-changing weapon series, since gunslash is the original form-changing weapon series.

Selphea
Dec 21, 2015, 10:11 PM
I just realized Gunners have it pretty good since they only have one unique class weapon. They've gotten a new pair of TMGs for every 13* series so far.

final_attack
Dec 21, 2015, 10:22 PM
I just realized Gunners have it pretty good since they only have one unique class weapon. They've gotten a new pair of TMGs for every 13* series so far.

But ..... nice looking camo's really pricey ;w;

ArcaneTechs
Dec 21, 2015, 10:30 PM
i swear if those units have their set work like Ideal im gonna flip

final_attack
Dec 21, 2015, 11:02 PM
If Austere units give +90 Atk and doubled it when coupled with weapon, I'll be crying in the corner without being able to affix it (no money) :(

Achelousaurus
Dec 21, 2015, 11:11 PM
That sword + shield katana camo is gonna look way epic with Juno Charis and what's-her-face-miniskirt-armor-repca.

TaigaUC
Dec 21, 2015, 11:11 PM
Say, you don't suppose a single Orbit weapon will count as multiple weapon types?
Perhaps it's one Orbit weapon per main class and it functions as all that class's weapons?

LonelyGaruga
Dec 21, 2015, 11:17 PM

The TMG bias in 13* availability is hilarious.

Anyway, the Orbit series weapons are

Sword
Knuckles
Assault Rifle Launcher
Twin Machinegun
Talis
Wand
Bullet Bow
Dual Blade

The unit is probably actually a leg unit based on the trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wSn4rdQJc).

Say, you don't suppose a single Orbit weapon will count as multiple weapon types?
Perhaps it's one Orbit weapon per main class and it functions as all that class's weapons?

I think such a groundbreaking quality would be advertised.

EDIT: Oh hey, the icons also include those class stickers from the XQ update. They're...just the class icons. That is so lame.

TaigaUC
Dec 21, 2015, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I thought it'd be advertised too.

I was just thinking perhaps it's intended to go with the latent because switching weapons sheathes them?

Maenara
Dec 21, 2015, 11:33 PM

I was just thinking perhaps it's intended to go with the latent because switching weapons sheathes them?

Considering how Sega failed to give Coat Doublis D innate Slide End, despite [Persona] CLEARLY using Slide End and Partizan guard in addition to DS PAs, even though it would have not required any special animation work and even though it would be weaker than regular Slide End(since DSs have less S-atk that Partizans), I doubt we will ever see true hybrid weapons.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 21, 2015, 11:34 PM

There are so many programming complications to go along with a weapon that qualifies for multiple weapon types it isn't even funny. This isn't like camos where the only thing that changes is the aesthetic. Different weapon types means different stats and different PA/tech compatibility. Would have to also add how to choose what weapon that Orbit is when you put it onto the palette. It's also pretty absurd to have one weapon account for multiple weapons when it comes to gearing up, too.

I personally doubt we'll ever see weapons that can become other weapons. That's way too complex, both from a programming perspective and from a gameplay perspective. Needing to add UI elements for a single weapon type would be too much.

Considering how Sega failed to give Coat Doublis D innate Slide End, despite [Persona] CLEARLY using Slide End and Partizan guard in addition to DS PAs, even though it would have not required any special animation work and even though it would be weaker than regular Slide End(since DSs have less S-atk that Partizans), I doubt we will ever see true hybrid weapons.

Someone sure is salty about that. [Persona] can do that precisely because they aren't a player character. It's just another attack for them. Programming a usable Slide End for the player with Coat Doublis D would be completely different.

Shinmarizu
Dec 21, 2015, 11:35 PM
That sword + shield katana camo is gonna look way epic with Juno Charis and what's-her-face-miniskirt-armor-repca.

That's because the sword + shield and the repca belong to Sonia Blanche herself.

I'm actually looking forward to this catalog, for what it's worth.

As for the Orbit series... I'll have to wait and see what the numbers are.

Maenara
Dec 21, 2015, 11:45 PM
Someone sure is salty about that. [Persona] can do that precisely because they aren't a player character. It's just another attack for them. Programming a usable Slide End for the player with Coat Doublis D would be completely different.

You clearly don't do programming. It's pretty obvious how the system works - PAs and techs both do not care what weapon type you have equipped. In fact, the only reason that you can't use any PA with any weapon is because the system only allows you to equip PAs that match your weapon type. This is the exact reason we can't put PAs on the subpalette.

The only difficulty that would stem from trying to allow you to use another weapon type's PA would be animation issues and balancing issues. Animation is only a problem if the weapon's mesh type doesn't match. Mesh types are two handed, one handed, bow, and talis. No animation issues would come out of letting you use Partizan PA Slide End with a DS, because they're both two-handed meshes.

Achelousaurus
Dec 21, 2015, 11:50 PM
Lol.
Gonna have a lot of phashion with that camo but probably mainly using Juno Charis cause it looks so awesome and I got 5 or 6 different colors.

And I do hope Orbit comes with good atk values and % and hopefully not all dark again.
I might even upgrade a rod at last but for me only light and fire are high enough priority to get 13*

Perfect Chaos
Dec 22, 2015, 12:02 AM
They can always make you change weapon types the same way that you change photon blade colors for Ideal stuff, in that you have to go to an NPC to do it. That way, they can avoid all of the complicated programming mess and still allow access to multiple weapon types by only farming one weapon. But that means you play less PSO2, so SEGA won't do that, ever...

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 12:03 AM
Speaking of photon color changing, despite looking highly compatible with the photon color changing, Orbit series will probably not allow for it.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 22, 2015, 12:13 AM
You clearly don't do programming. It's pretty obvious how the system works - PAs and techs both do not care what weapon type you have equipped. In fact, the only reason that you can't use any PA with any weapon is because the system only allows you to equip PAs that match your weapon type. This is the exact reason we can't put PAs on the subpalette.

Man, I don't wanna be lectured about programming by someone who repeatedly has demonstrated minimal awareness of how games are programmed.

So let's try something else. Why should Coat Doublis D get Slide End over something else (like the Megiverse it ended up with)? It's just a bland filler desperation attack that was only used because DS don't have anything that could fit that role effectively. Same deal with the guard, DS didn't have anything that could fit the role so the Partisan animation was used. Whether or not Sega could have implemented this isn't really important, it's whether they should have or not. A dark tech was way more suitable than Slide End.

Kondibon
Dec 22, 2015, 12:22 AM
At this point I'm starting to think you two just argue for the sake of arguing. :/

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 12:24 AM
Man, I don't wanna be lectured about programming by someone who repeatedly has demonstrated minimal awareness of how games are programmed.

So let's try something else. Why should Coat Doublis D get Slide End over something else (like the Megiverse it ended up with)? It's just a bland filler desperation attack that was only used because DS don't have anything that could fit that role effectively. Same deal with the guard, DS didn't have anything that could fit the role so the Partisan animation was used. Whether or not Sega could have implemented this isn't really important, it's whether they should have or not. A dark tech was way more suitable than Slide End.

I've programmed multiple full games, thank you.

It's not a matter of why it should, it's a matter of why not - why is Sega afraid of making actually-unique weapons these days?

And in any case, programming PAs in such a way that it would be impossible to use with other weapon types without further programming would actually require more coding in the first place. It's far easier to just give each PA a weapon type it's valid for and refuse to let you equip it for any other weapon type.
If you paid attention, you would see I'm correct from innate techs - innate techs completely bypass the equipping procedure, and the tech still doesn't appear on the list of equippable PAs for the weapon.

Owlkaiser
Dec 22, 2015, 12:48 AM
Shining Resonance will be back @v@

LonelyGaruga
Dec 22, 2015, 01:11 AM
It's not a matter of why it should, it's a matter of why not - why is Sega afraid of making actually-unique weapons these days?

The only difficulty that would stem from trying to allow you to use another weapon type's PA would be animation issues and balancing issues.

This is why. The animation stuff mentioned is not accurate, by the way.

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 01:14 AM
This is why. The animation stuff mentioned is not accurate, by the way.

I don't suppose you care to fill me on the inner workings of the game's animation system then, do you?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2015, 01:16 AM
Oh those class stickers are lamer than I hoped they'd be :(

LonelyGaruga
Dec 22, 2015, 01:33 AM
I don't suppose you care to fill me on the inner workings of the game's animation system then, do you?

I thought it was obvious. Every weapon category is a separate mesh. It's really as simple as that.

Maenara
Dec 22, 2015, 01:35 AM
I thought it was obvious. Every weapon category is a separate mesh. It's really as simple as that.

That would be completely redundant for the vast majority of weapon types.

Nyansan
Dec 22, 2015, 01:42 AM
Shining Resonance will be back @v@
And back with not one but two new male costumes, maybe even an updated orthus mk2 camo for tmg, rifle but that's too much to ask i think ^^;

Class stickers are REAL let down, like Sega wtf it's literally copy pasta'd negative space class icons over the default ARKS sticker. lol. Bravo for laziness